WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Shikamaru wrote:That's a very interesting point , yet non related .

I was merely hoping Waalx would be comprimising about the unit/wieght issue atleast on some bases . He wants high wieghts to be , from what I can tell , realistic . There for , why not make it both . Why can't I pull a tooth , instead of the whole set of dentures ? Why can't I take a portion ? Does Waalx really hate good gameplay and alchemy that much or is he being anal retentive on the issue for no other reason then ego craddling ?

Anyways , I'm going to go find a nice cup of coffee and forget about this issue and WAC in general . Final verdict :

Great moddeler , no so much in other areas

chow
Wow, Do you have any idea how much work that all involves. I don't suppose you are offering scripting help by any chance to do all this? You could of course do your own version.

It's Waalx mod, he can do whatever he likes with it. There's more to think about at the current stage than a "Deer Hunting Sim" as mitkoa mentioned.

You really need to chill out. :-?
Shikamaru
Troll

No scripting involved and I did offer to help .

For the pain of repeating what I said , have 20 "tooth" units that wiegh 0.1 instead of 1 "teeth" unit that wieghs 2 .

I'm simply making suggestions and making a reply , to the fact , that its not cheating in the sense of realism .

WAC , espically if the wieght to unit philosphy is applied to vanilla values , will make alchemy virtually useless .

Hunting and realism have been stated as a motive for such , hence the fact I find it odd to label, being able to take a tooth as opposed to teeth , as "a cheat"

Just stating stuff , and actaully thinking hard on how to make it both . I was no more objectional then that NoName fellow .

I mean , is Waalx , looking for objective opinions and ideas , or is the only thing to be said , is "woot woot WAC is way better then <insert> ?

Anja , don't attempt to censor me . :-?

and I would be willing to assist on soemthing like that.
Um, I dont know , I got nothing
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Shikamaru, please keep in mind that WAC is both very much a WIP, and if understand right a sort of personal portfolio project. I think that when you start such a big project, you have to keep it as simple as possible and do things you like. If you start doing requests you will simply not finish anything. And if you include other people's work its not a personal portfolio anymore.

Now seen from your perspective, maybe you could make a mod that complements WAC the way you like. Like a separate esp that changes the loot from animals. Ask Waalx first though, I'm not too good with copyright and stuff.

And if you prefer to make this a separate topic we can flame all we want :)

cheers
________
YAMAHA DX1 HISTORY
Shikamaru
Troll

Waalx has already said that he needs rebalnce . And I was attempting to help , but there's no way I could agree with 2lb teeth . I mean what alchemist would put that in a motar & pestle ?

And before someone says my previous attempt wasn't in scale , it was a ruff draft . And I was would make a more refined version , but not if Waalx is not going to agree with the tooth to teeth concept.

WAC claims to be balance in style , aesthetically balanced I believe . But how long does one play with eye candy ?

And if you prefer to make this a separate topic we can flame all we want :)
No , thanks , I'd rahter keep it where it's rellevant . I'm sure if Waalx isn't a hypocrit and doesn't delete my account , he'll more and likely not agree to comprimise of good game play . I'm sticking around for the moment to see if he, with all my lunatic raving , will see my point . :-o

If not though , He'll come around later on his own , after the fanboys and ego strokers get a little less abundent , or after this thing is out of alpha stages it'll stop and flop like most eye candy , pity :x
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

but not if Waalx is not going to agree with the tooth to teeth concept.
It seems to me you are trying to impose your will and preferences over those of the creator of this mod.

I'm done writing about this. My suggestion to you is if you want something done probably it's best doing it yourself. Usually works for me.
________
Hot penny stocks
Shikamaru
Troll

8+) eh? arguing a point . And not even with you, so go ahead and stop writing about it . It's not a cheati is my point. As a user of WAC , I trying to put my input as well.

but as a matter afact I guess I'm done here too , I've said all that I've could say . If it doesn't convince him then nothing will . Fact of the matter he hasn't posted yet . only the butt kissers :D

Waalx, if you see my point , I would more then love to help , make a refined version , ( will spend time in the testing hall ) email me , but if pulling a tooth is going to be pulling teeth then :P since this mod has already ruined alchemy for me and seems nothing more in substance then eye candy shit

attempting to impose my will ?

Honestly , am I the only one that see's how this , as it is royal screws with the fundemental gameplay ?
Am I the only one that think it's odd for an alchemist of a skill of 76 , to produce 2-3 pound health poitions ?
Am I the only one woh finds it obsurd that some one would put a whole jaw full of teeth into a potion?
Tracinya
Reader

Waalx wrote:The logical thing would be that while in the Arena, you can use your opponent weapons, it's fine. But when you get back down to the Bloodwork, if Flavius see you have a weapon on you that is from the Red or Yellow team, he will take them back. Not sure how to work this out though.. but that would be my best idea on that matter. Or perhaps its when you activate the door to leave the Arena Ring that you are told to drop the weapons that don't belong to the blue team, before leaving, or Flavius wouldn't be happy.
What if you can only take weapons that have fallen from the opponent's hand, and only if there is at least one opponent left? That makes sense to me - for example in the movie Gladiator when Maximus fights that tiger-guy he takes his opponent's axe to fight with - that's how it's supposed to be. As a bonus - because you killed your enemy with his own weapon - you get to keep the weapon. Just a thought.

I am completely useless in practically every way when it comes to modding (except I can have some small bit of imagination sometimes) so I don't know how difficult/easy this would be. But it doesn't feel like it should be that difficult... :)
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

What if you can only take weapons that have fallen from the opponent's hand, and only if there is at least one opponent left? That makes sense to me - for example in the movie Gladiator when Maximus fights that tiger-guy he takes his opponent's axe to fight with - that's how it's supposed to be. As a bonus - because you killed your enemy with his own weapon - you get to keep the weapon. Just a thought.
Too much scripting (if at all possible) IMO
________
Mexico hotels
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Oh man, that terragryph looks awesome! A truly unique creature for the mythic beast section! :-)
reallybigjohnson
Steady Sworduser

i never really concern myself with weight, damage or any other values that can easily be edited since i tweak almost all mods that i use. im sure that whatever values WAC has for weapons they wont be high enough for me since i enjoy quick deadly fights and all weapons doing similar damage. dont even get me started on the vanillla "steel barely hurts you, but glass will kill you crap" i did extensive changes to MOBS in a similar fashion.

id rather not get waalx tied down in mindless and tedious balancing especially in fringe areas like alchemy where i can change the new ingredients myself.

to be honest unless he adds hundreds upon hundreds of new weapons and armor i will probably change all of waalx values as well. get the basics done and the big bugs squashed and the rest will fall in place.
mashani
Fumbling Sworduser

This is strange, but if I enable wac.esp then for some reason I have no local map. World map works ok. But local map is just blackness.

I am using the ini tweak to color the local map, and I am using the Map Markers Overhaul mod if that matters... I can use any of the other WAC components and it's fine, its only happening if I enable wac.esp. Disabling Map Marker Overhaul doesn't change this behavior, so I don't think it's it.

Can anyone hit me with a clue bat?
Maigrets
Admin

Shikamaru wrote:No scripting involved and I did offer to help .

Anja , don't attempt to censor me . :-?
I wouldn't dream of it.
And I don't expect you to use or like my plugin which will soon be ready either. However, it is what I and Waalx want and while suggestions and useful criticisms are welcome, nit picking isn't.

As others have said you can do the same and make your own plugin to your specifications so you really have no argument about a mod that's still in Alpha.
Shikamaru
Troll

It's work I said I'd do , I'm argueing the concept , and he won't be tied down by it , unless everyone likes changing values for 100s of items . I think the japanesse call that bakku
sageofcyrodiil
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Shikamaru, I understand your argument. I think you might be going about validating your point in the wrong way, however. Your argument seems a little too "abrasive" for most people on the forums, I think.

Don't take that for a personal attack, though, because it's not.

I was always a little peeved by the fact that you had to take "teeth" as opposed to a "tooth"(and things of a similar nature) in the vanilla Oblivion, but I rationalized it like this: Maybe the alchemist yanked what teeth he could, for good or bad, from the mouth of the[insert creature] that fell on the battlefield. Rather than scrutinize and nitpick over the perfect samples on the battlefield--and risk reinforcements or another encounter surprising him(or her)--the alchemist would take the samples back to the lab for further analysis, and once that had taken place, use only the prime specimens for a health potion.

As for a two or three pound health potion...

...that sounds like a real bladder-buster. =)

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to play "peacekeeper" or take the wind out of your sails at all--just offering insight into how my mind works.
Shikamaru
Troll

honestly, i started off with the best of intentions . I still think my arguement is reasonable. But I don't care about this anymore , wac deleteled , forum book mark deleted , hopefully someone will remeber this later and get it done , but I think MMM is good enough , and wac certainly isn't worth the effort .

waalx, your trying to make profolio huh ? Well its an excellent one based on the model I think , as for your modding , it'll either be of no consequence to any employers as they'll have other people do it , or tell you what they want. or it'll be a proof that you don't bother to play the games you mod , i could care less now .

Anja , i don't care about your plugin or why you'd mention it , but in anycase , kiss my @$$ fanyboy

edit: For anyone who prefers not to rebalance stuff themselves , I will be updating my rebalance files of misc items and ingredient as I've been playing in the testing hall alot to see size better , also this will mute the ramblings of my rebalances not making sense , though I've already stated that was a ruff draft :(

look at the officail forums for it , next week, only doing this because I've noticed people are still d-loading it .
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

I thought this forum was for 13 years old or more... :-o

alright..It was rather enjoyable, if you're into moronic statements. Otherwise, it was a total failure.

Throwing insults isn't a good way to get into my good graces, and that work for anybody I guess. My time is limited, and I do not have enough time to make all my own ideas in the first place. Any new things people want me to add and that isn't in the plan now will invariably be related to a much later date if I agree to make it. Making something is often long. When working on WAC, that has become so big over time, adding something that affect a great number of references is quite time-consuming.

Those post can stand as a good example of what not to do if you want me to listen to something. I don't feel compelled to answer injurious posters (aka trolls). I tend to ignore that. I have to feel really bad that day to fall in the trap when I'm being provoked, more so when I know the reasons for such provocation are illogical.

Shitamaru is writing stuff on here that would greatly tarnish its membership if it was on Bethesda forum.
Interesting to see what happen on a forum when you have free speech...interesting indeed.

however... :woot:

it definitely warrant the Troll rank to be created on the forum! :happy: (not really happy for real)
Shikamaru
Troll

That's funnie , since your plan was stated to have things overwieghted . Guess your previous statements were just bullshit , like your mod . :) :-? <---- the only one that was giving the finger
Maigrets
Admin

Shikamaru wrote:
Anja , i don't care about your plugin or why you'd mention it , but in anycase , kiss my @$$ fanyboy
Thanks so much for the offensive, rude PM. Just so people know what kind of person you are.

No more posts from me.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Ah Anja, don't let the troll eat you! I de-activated the offensive user account

I could delete the post up-there if you people think it's a better idea ?? It rather break the flow I must say. I'm not running this board to be hailed as a genius or whatever, I couldn't care less about that. But I'm not running this board to be insulted or to have the people who help me be insulted either. It's one thing to be angry for whatever reasons, it's another to behave.

Anja sent me the e-mail that guy sent to her today, and I must say that it is extremely offensive, and it is also as badly formulated as the rest.

I'm a bit flabbergasted by that guy...

:(
NoName101
Steady Sworduser

Turns out our mod maker is also has a great sense of humor!

Thanks Waalx for ending this. I was refusing to post because someone was gonna get very mad. Anyway I was about to jump into dissing the troll. But that isn't very nice. :-o . Such a same creating a troll group but... :P

Thanks a bunch. I'm very much enjoying the river otter spotting! Anja: looking forward to the release!

Good work as always. Every time I load up Oblivion I find something new.