WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
trollf
Unsteady Sworduser

I noticed that all bandits armors have no stencil property on clothes below the cuirasses, so the other side of the cloth is not rendered.

That's not that much visible in game but still from certain angles it looks unrealistic ;]

Besides from what I have seen all your objects with transparency have alpha flag set to 237. Well, again, that's not something awful bad, but you should know that Oblivion can't handle well transparency with flag set to that number. If there will be another transparent surface behind the surface with alpha set to 237, then Oblivion will render that surface completely invisible. You may be familiar with this bug already as it makes invisible waterfalls when seen from certain angles.

If you want to make all your transparent objects (including those clothes of bandits armors) not affected by this bug, then just change alpha flag from 237 to 4845 with threshold set to 100. The only "drawback" is that you will have sharper edges of transparent textures then. But I think that's worth to make things invisiblity-bug-proof ;]
Vacuity
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Mormacil wrote:
Waalx wrote:
Krigulv wrote:i just read the first post again and had to comment on one thing that was said.
"If you crash while going to a camp notably the Abecean Camp South of Anvil, that means your borders are enabled in your oblivion.ini. Instant crash, unless borders are disabled."
that wasn't the case for me. my borders have always been disabled in my ini file. i finally got this to work when i downloaded a no-borders mod. i looked in the esp for the mod and noticed that the change was in a region called Cyrodiil Border Regions or something like that. the only change made was unchecking the "Border Region" box so that those areas no longer block you from passing.
ah! That's quite interesting thanks! didn't knew that. So I can disable the border via the mod! cool. Will have to check that.
Please don't :P If multiple mods disable the same border weird conflicts happen...
I concur. That also means you are making edits to huge numbers of cells and thus potentially causing conflicts with a huge number of mods.
Direct people to backup and edit their config.ini to change the line

bBorderRegionsEnabled=1

to

bBorderRegionsEnabled=0

This has no known conflicts or issues and saves users a slot in their load order to boot.

As an aside, I have SI and I see the nails just fine.

Vac

Edit: Forgot to report. When I checked the Cheydinhal Mages Guild everyone was walking around in their fancy new robes and looking great. Well. Until Treyvond the redguard walked past in his underwear! It was a little surreal as I was admiring everyone's clothes and this nearly-naked guy just strolls through my screen. :D He put the robes on a minute later (not sure what made him do this or not be wearing them in the first place).
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

trollf wrote:I noticed that all bandits armors have no stencil property on clothes below the cuirasses, so the other side of the cloth is not rendered.

That's not that much visible in game but still from certain angles it looks unrealistic ;]

Besides from what I have seen all your objects with transparency have alpha flag set to 237. Well, again, that's not something awful bad, but you should know that Oblivion can't handle well transparency with flag set to that number. If there will be another transparent surface behind the surface with alpha set to 237, then Oblivion will render that surface completely invisible. You may be familiar with this bug already as it makes invisible waterfalls when seen from certain angles.

If you want to make all your transparent objects (including those clothes of bandits armors) not affected by this bug, then just change alpha flag from 237 to 4845 with threshold set to 100. The only "drawback" is that you will have sharper edges of transparent textures then. But I think that's worth to make things invisiblity-bug-proof ;]
I know about the skirt transparacy :) I said earlier in the thread that many bandits belts are temporary (they are not yet all different), that include the fur cloths and skirts too, and still the skirt is not weigthed exactly like it should be.. the skirt has to allow at least movement for two different greaves, in that are the iron and thief, that are not weighted the same at all on the waist part, and more not even the same for male and female. I'm close to have it working without having their pants clipt through. only a tiny point will appear somewhere on the back side with thief greaves sometimes, and it irritate me a lot! :)

I have another combination for alpha that doesn't draw the edges at all whatever the angles you see it, but it make the transparency a bit more coarse.

the setting is 4844, at 128 threshold I think. That's my last solution for those. (that's the setting I started to use on the arrow fletch of RealSwords Goblin. One of the female cuirass have the last test that is a double sided mesh cloth..(since it's fairly low res anyway, and Bethesda did double sided meshes everywhere for no reason). I might end up at 128 threshold finally as it's the only one I found so far that has no weird side effect, other than being more coarse than the actual alpha. For the old red cloth and the fur it will still work. I just wanted to have the real alpha cutting through but I may forget it. I lauched the preAlpha before I finished them, like many other thing :(

as for the border region, I thought it was more like a gamesetting, if I have to edit plenty of regions, I won't do it :)

Nice to know now that it's a shivering Isle texture. Damn. I was sure that this texture was vanilla.
amievil85
Reader

Alex, I ran through the wilderness for about an hour last night. It's looking pretty good, although the AI in the creatures are a little dumb.
5 years of Oblivion and still going strong.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

How about every betatester makes a topic with his experience + (relevant) modlist? Then we keep this topic for buglisting and maybe suggestions while we keep our experience (about balancing) in our topics.

edit: Handplacement Shawaman staff is off on both hands.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
nihilanth
Fumbling Sworduser

works good for me, but the goblins could be more aggressive, considering the fact that they use dead humans to decorate their camp.
nihilanth
Fumbling Sworduser

great mod by the way =)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Cleaver has weird weight (only 1) compared to the dagger (16 with less damage).

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
dewshine
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I've been getting crashing near Anvil, but I'm not ready to blame WAC for that yet. I'll put in the quiet feet version and see if that makes a difference.

I've looked at the stuff right near the prison/sewer exit. Very cool. I just wish some of it was light armor. It would be nice to have a mix, eventually, for those of us that like "Fluffy Flutter" lol

Anyway, I'm off to check some more stuff, and then I'll see what there is to see with those animal companion scripts.
- After I fix the UOP/Frans comp patch again.
Baron Of Hell
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm not sure if this will make a difference for people with border problems but there is a bBorderRegionsEnabled and a bBorderRegionEnabled without the S in region. I always see people say to set one or the other to 0 but I think they both need to be set to 0
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Baron Of Hell wrote:I'm not sure if this will make a difference for people with border problems but there is a bBorderRegionsEnabled and a bBorderRegionEnabled without the S in region. I always see people say to set one or the other to 0 but I think they both need to be set to 0
hm, i've never noticed that.. i'll test that right now and get back to ya

edit: well, strangely enough, after disabling my no-borders mod, it still lets me past the borders just fine. i checked my ini file, and only one of those two fields you mentioned is set at 0 (the one with the s). so maybe i was just bugged before, idunno. either way, it seems only one of those two fields needs to be changed.
Deep down, we're all bad people. Some of us are just better at it.
Waalx
Forum Master

amievil85 wrote:Alex, I ran through the wilderness for about an hour last night. It's looking pretty good, although the AI in the creatures are a little dumb.
I'm a visual artist, not a programmer. ;) The AI could be better indeed! Hopefully it will later.

Mormacil wrote:How about every betatester makes a topic with his experience + (relevant) modlist? Then we keep this topic for buglisting and maybe suggestions while we keep our experience (about balancing) in our topics.

edit: Handplacement Shawaman staff is off on both hands.
Please don't do that. I don't want to have to check 50 different topics to get the pulse. It's hard as it is to answer everything I can in one! And quite time consuming to answer all the bugs, and sometimes repeat the same answer too.

updating a post doesn't send me a notification, just new ones.

I 'll check the Shamawan staff, and I made the cleaver weight 20.
nihilanth wrote:works good for me, but the goblins could be more aggressive, considering the fact that they use dead humans to decorate their camp.
Goblin are all 100% aggressive, or should be. if they are not, it's because of too much going on around them maybe. otherwise they should attack on sight. I'm going to recheck this but I'm pretty sure it's a problem of AI overload ;)
dewshine wrote:I've been getting crashing near Anvil, but I'm not ready to blame WAC for that yet. I'll put in the quiet feet version and see if that makes a difference.
thanks I'd like to know if it come from WAC or not.
I've looked at the stuff right near the prison/sewer exit. Very cool. I just wish some of it was light armor. It would be nice to have a mix, eventually, for those of us that like "Fluffy Flutter" lol
when you exit the sewer, at your right there should be a barrel there. it's to quickly test items. in that should be fur cuirass that are light armors. I don't have light greaves yet, although I intend to retex the thief and iron I made to leather version, and version without armors parts too. Leather (iron) greaves will be another shade of leather so in the end there will be like many different color choices. Aslo the armors icons aren't done yet as I have not made the belts for all of them and I don't want to do that two times where all is reworked to final. :)

Anyway, I'm off to check some more stuff, and then I'll see what there is to see with those animal companion scripts.
- After I fix the UOP/Frans comp patch again.

I'm sending you a PM about this!
Darina
Steady Sworduser

Was a bit short on time yesterday, so I only made half the round to the Goblin Camps.
The Nordor Camp was completely empty.
The Abaceen Camp had some non-hostile Gobos who only later joined the fight.
None of the Chieftain tents were accessible for me...
Some Goblins were really big... Intended? (Like the height of a male Nord)
No crashes so far! Nice!

I hope to get out a bigger first report this evening!

Greetz! Darina

PS: Will load all the WAC esps after Bashed Patch! Thanks for the information, Mormacil!
*~* Valar Morghulis *~*
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Goblins in vanilla are sometimes bigger then Nords if I recall correctly ;) So yes it's intended.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood

VERSION 0.03
MODS:
OOO 1.33
No Psychic Guard 1.2
Deadly Reflex 4.03
OBSE
WAC (load last) 0.03
CONGIG: Athlon AMD 4000+ / Geforce 8800 GTS / 2 Giga de RAM

13) In Gnoll's meeting camp. The main Tent door does not work

14) I've visited 4 Gobelin Camp and in all 4 I had video glitches. I will investigate that specific part before the weekend comes.

15) In Mage Guilds (at least in Cheydinhal and Skingrad) Some mages are walking arround naked. Sulimuss Vassimus in Skingrad and Traycond (The Redguard) in Cheydinhal. It seems they don't put on your terrific mage closing.

That's it for now...hope it helps
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I don't know if this has been covered yet as I am too tired to check the whole forum at this hour just to see if this was talked about or not, but I'm having an issue where there is a sound effect that plays intermittantly. I do not know if the sound is that of a spell, or maybe of a creature that I'm supposed to be cautious of, but it plays no matter where I am. The sound is like that of an animal growling, or maybe like some of the spells going off, I'll cast some spells and tell you which one it sounds like later.
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
running4cover
Unsteady Sworduser

I'm having some kind of bug, where whenever I put on the Mythic Dawn hood (i didn't try any others), the top gets all weird and points upward. I was playing as a high-elf, but whenever I put it on, it looked really weird. Not sure what caused it.
"Like an Umbrella... an Umbrella of protection... Protection Umbrella"
-Bela Karolyi, US Gynastics Coach
Waalx
Forum Master

Darina wrote:The Nordor Camp was completely empty.
yeah Nordor is more a village, or a city. another thing that is planned but only started. Sometimes I was starting something just not to loose the idea. that's one . :)
The Abaceen Camp had some non-hostile Gobos who only later joined the fight.
that can happen because of their number I think.
None of the Chieftain tents were accessible for me...
sound like a bug others have here, and others don't. I need to figure out what's wrong here.
Some Goblins were really big... Intended? (Like the height of a male Nord)
yes its the intent...third on the right is an Orc bandit boss (female).

No crashes so far! Nice!
I like!
MasterAub wrote:VERSION 0.03
MODS:
OOO 1.33
No Psychic Guard 1.2
Deadly Reflex 4.03
OBSE
WAC (load last) 0.03
CONGIG: Athlon AMD 4000+ / Geforce 8800 GTS / 2 Giga de RAM

13) In Gnoll's meeting camp. The main Tent door does not work

14) I've visited 4 Gobelin Camp and in all 4 I had video glitches. I will investigate that specific part before the weekend comes.

15) In Mage Guilds (at least in Cheydinhal and Skingrad) Some mages are walking arround naked. Sulimuss Vassimus in Skingrad and Traycond (The Redguard) in Cheydinhal. It seems they don't put on your terrific mage closing.

That's it for now...hope it helps
13) yes that one isn't made yet.in that camp should be some gnolls as well. I didn't finished them yet.

14) I havent been able to replicated the bugs you have I cleared the camp two times each, chief included, and no crash, no visual glitch, apart from the fact that the goblins don't always register my presence. And the part I know I have enabled yet like certains doors. I'm still not understanding why some of you crash while entering a tent. never hapened to me, I'm only using vanilla stuff there, + the Goblin chief, and a couple of goblin weapons. Nothing should crash.

15) ok thank I'll check probably they have a remove armor in their packages, and they have a battlemage armor as clothing.

[quote ="haruko"]I don't know if this has been covered yet as I am too tired to check the whole forum at this hour just to see if this was talked about or not, but I'm having an issue where there is a sound effect that plays intermittantly. I do not know if the sound is that of a spell, or maybe of a creature that I'm supposed to be cautious of, but it plays no matter where I am. The sound is like that of an animal growling, or maybe like some of the spells going off, I'll cast some spells and tell you which one it sounds like later.[/quote]

from your description, I'm not sure what is going on. Get some sleep! :) reboot your game, or something. That's not something from the mod, although some here are experiencing bugs I can't get my head around, that look like something else.
Waalx
Forum Master

running4cover wrote:I'm having some kind of bug, where whenever I put on the Mythic Dawn hood (i didn't try any others), the top gets all weird and points upward. I was playing as a high-elf, but whenever I put it on, it looked really weird. Not sure what caused it.
hehe that no bug!

that's the model of their hood I changed. It has a conical form, a bit like a KKK hood. You'll see black mages with black hood like that too (there's 3 types of black hood). Mythic dawn only use that one type..
DarkWind
Chronicler

Ok, I only could play this for a minute last night but in the Oblivion realm the Hell Hounds have Hyena pelts. That's the only thing I noticed so far because my new setup is playing up on me and I'm trying to fix it.
That's right, that's the truth! Drive 'er straight sideways lad!