WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Oax
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1986

Is there a way to give the imperial soldiers their spiked shields back?
i tried disabling the legion esp but that made them all pant-less, i really just want the shields back though. seems like it would easier that way as well
bluesky404
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1991

I find NPC 0101EC4D <WACroadMerchant06> and 0100DE04 <WACroadMerchant07> have AI DATA but none AI.Package, is this a known bug?
As I sometimes meet an Argonian Merchant, but he doesn't move at all. I guess he must be Jamla-Vo (WACroadMerchant07 or WACroadMerchant06).

Edit: The NPCs don't move at all is WACRoadMerchant03Helper1 and WACRoadMerchant03Helper2, they have package WACFollowRoadMerchant03, don't know why they don't move, maybe conflicts. Anyone meet the same issues? 2 Argonian Merchants stand still near Weye.
Oax
Steady Sworduser

Oax wrote:here is my mod list
please help :angry:

spoiler:
All Natural Base.esm

Oblivion.esm

Cobl Main.esm

CM Partners.esm

Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm

CCC.esm

HorseCombatMaster.esm

1em_Vilja_Bruse_as_Clydesdale_horse_by_Xtudo.esp

WAC.esp

WAC - TCOS.esp

WAC - OverSpawn.esp

WAC - TCOS Shops.esp

WAC - BlackBootDungeon.esp

WAC - Magic.esp

unfinished staff merchant.esp

WAC - Player Summons.esp

WAC - Crowded Roads Revisited.esp

WAC - Horses.esp

WAC - Birds&Insects.esp

Prettier Vampire Faces.esp

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

UOPS Additional Changes.esp

UOP Vampire Aging & Face Fix.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

All Natural.esp

All Natural - SI.esp

Immersive Interiors.esp

OBGE - Liquid Water.esp

All Natural - Real Lights.esp

personality_idles4_nnpc_C.esp

personality_idles4_nnpc.esp

Mod Status: Active

PTFallingStars.esp

VipCxj_AirSystem.esp

DarNifiedUI Config Addon.esp

DS Time Manager.esp

Get Wet v0.92.esp

kuerteeCleanUp.esp

Map Marker Overhaul.esp

Map Marker Overhaul - SI additions.esp

hotkeys_galore_6.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

Cryos Ordinator Lite.esp

AyleidMeteorIronWeaponsBASE.esp

Blade Of Woe Replacer.esp

druid_tomb.esp

Kafei's Circlets Reforged.esp

Natures_Arsenal.esp

PTArtifacts.esp

Stained Glass Equipment.esp

tkRapiers.esp

Daedric Lord Armor.esp

Daedric Lord-Classic Bound Armor.esp

R18PN - Bs Bondage.esp

UFF Warrior Skin.esp

XiaNewAmuletsV1.esp

Cobl Glue.esp

Cobl Si.esp

Cobl Tweaks.esp

Alluring Potion Bottles v3.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

Gah Falquan Umarile Indy.esp

Salmo the Baker, Cobl.esp

HUD Status Bars.esp

Madhs working training dolls.esp

P1DkeyChain.esp

RenCorpseMod.esp

Side's Backpacks.esp

Skillbased Thieves Guild Invitation.esp

Daedric Lord Armor for Eshme.esp

TTHealthRegen.esp

CompanionResurrect.esp

CompanionRepair.esp

Druid Mod.esp

SP1stPLegs.esp

AbyssDemon.esp

Better Looking Dremora.esp

KT_CustomRaceFix.esp

MRP - Loading area.esp

-No-_persistant_enchantment_glow_fix-1843.esp

X-Ray Detect.esp

Companion Compatibility.esp

Cobl Silent Equip Misc.esp

Bashed Patch, 0.esp

DimensionalPouch-1.0.esp

TiberSeptim Chest 1.0.esp

OblivionEastereggs.esp

nt_CompanionForceEquip.esp

Gandalf_Lightstaff.esp

gambler_BS.esp

Claytons Bigger Streetlights v1.esp

Gabe's Oblivion Amulets.esp

Zira's Demonic Mounts.esp

Unenchanted Staves.esp

NonyxiaCheetahRace.esp

LoadingScreens.esp

Multiple Enchantments.esp

TeachSpell.esp

bgShaderStandAloneEV.esp

Unconscious30.esp

trfjBladeMasterSword.esp

1em_Vilja.esp

Natural Selection.esp

Moonshadow Lop-Ear Elf Race.esp

SnArrowEffects.esp

Slof's Oblivion Pillow Book.esp

CM Partners.esp

1em_Vilja_as_Custom_by_Xtudo.esp

MoveQuestItems - OBSE.esp

Tail_Amulet_Converter.esp

AMB.esp

Hentai_Hana_Dress.esp

KW-AlliesPlayNicer.esp

Kratos Blade Of Chaos.esp

Cliff_BetterLetters.esp

Shouts of the Dovahkiin.esp

Zira's Clydesdale Horses.esp

AK- Midas Spellswap.esp

ConduitMagic.esp

personality_idles4.esp

Idle Dialogue.esp

Auto Update Leveled Items And Spells.esp

Spell Delete.esp

WAC - 8th Gate.esp

WAC - Companions.esp

WAC - Dead Knights.esp

WAC - Gladiator.esp

WAC - Legion.esp

Deadly Reflex 6 - Timed Block with no damage or durability changes.esp

Mounted_Spellcasting_Deadly_Reflex_Compatible.esp

DeadlyReflex 6 - Combat Moves.esp

Faster_Levelling-4841.esp

FLAN - Enayla Demonic.esp

tdaArmorySexy.esp

MidasSpells.esp

custom eyes fix.esp

CCC.esp

Ramy Enfant.esp

Sonia.esp

lopears4all.esp
thanks for your time :hello:

Ok, So after many days of long and arduous interwebz searching I've found one other person who has had this problem. It doesn't seem to be WAC related and it only happens when looting cuirasses, shirts or robes "any clothing or armor related to the upper half of the body" No solution or cause was ever found ;-((

But most importantly I wanted to confirm it is most likely not a WAC glitch astar
wj87
Steady Sworduser

What will have BETA 2 ?
wangjian87bobo
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1987

wj87 wrote:What will have BETA 2 ?

Does not appear to have updated
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I'm afraid I have no info on the final of WAC or when or if it's actually going to be released.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Rafnagud
Fumbling Sworduser

Waalx wrote:
Hopefully you should have the next WAC by the end of July. :)
I'm really curious what happened the last 5 months.

Is there any update or new information?
Maigrets
Admin

Rafnagud wrote:
Waalx wrote:
Hopefully you should have the next WAC by the end of July. :)
I'm really curious what happened the last 5 months.

Is there any update or new information?
All I can say is to read this thread.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=615

Otherwise I have no info either.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gramblosh
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1972

Just wanted to throw in a little thanks for this beautiful overhaul. Just spend a few days (kinda my holidays) running around Cyrodiil looking at creatures. Damn, I feel like a kid again. Already spend some time WACenizing the rest of my game, to replace meshes and textures of creatures from other mods in my load list to make them look equal. This is really a nice piece of art and integrates so well with the rest of my 100+ mods. No problems, just enjoyment. Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the beards, love them. Uriel Septime looked a bit like Santa, closely after Christmas - still have the tree in the living room - that was kind of a great joke.
Oax
Steady Sworduser

curious - I've been noticing a random argonian adventurer following me. He doesnt follow me outside but randomly shows up in dungeon areas
he even popped into the oblivion plane in the kvatch mission O.o
Is this intended to happen?
The Black Ninja
Fumbling Sworduser

I started this mod up, and as soon as I got outside the city there was a mountable elk-like thing that I mounted and rid away from the guards. I rode it all the way down into Elsweyr, already this mod was amazing. Thing is, I'm using the Elsweyr patch, and the main reason I'm running this mod is to get it working with Elsweyr, but the first thing that happened when I entered Elsweyr was I fought a White Lion and I couldn't activate it / look into its encumberence. After that the game crashed. I tried troubleshooting with Realistic Ragdolls and force, installing THAT patch for Elsweyr, etc... no success so far. But that tiger seemed to be the only thing causing a CTD so far... if I ran away from it, it didn't crash my game, and other creatures didn't seem to have the bug. I'm assuming right now this bug is probably related to the Elsweyr WAC patch rather than the core WAC mod itself. An advice on this from anyone would be helpful. I though I'd post this here seeing as this is the main thread, maybe I'll try on the patch thread too: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35817 Just to note, I've also cleaned Playersummons.esp and Birds and Insects.esp in TES4Edit, because BOSS told me to. Are these supposed to be cleaned? Either way, I don't think that caused my problem. EDIT: here's my load order. http://pastebin.com/vC5Msb8E Also, when I posted on the WAC-Elsweyr patch, the author told me it was definitely not the patch, and that White Lions should apparently be on my side in a fight. Well it seems to attack me, but I'm really the only thing for it to fight, so does that mean if other creatures are around it will make them a priority?
Oax
Steady Sworduser

hmm idk, I don't use the Elsweyr mod- but it is very odd that the White Lion attacked you... they aren't supposed to do that... I had read somewhere that Waalx was planning on making it so White Lions liked good people and didn't like the bad and the opposite for the Maneater Lions, but I'm pretty sure that was never implemented. Sorry you're having these problems, but I don't think it has to do with WAC by its self- as I haven't had any problems with the Lions. It must be some kind of conflict with another mod. Hopefully someone else with a little more technical knowledge can jump in here and help you further
arcelas
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1982

Ok, so ive been reading the forums, (not really lurking;) And I think i understand: WAC is an overhaul mod that will replace the outdated FCOM and lot? everything I've seen says that WAC's modders have no interest in making it compatible with FCOM or OOO or FRAN's. that being said, is it safe to say that WAC does what FCOM did? or is it like running just one of the 4? just trying to decide if I want to just use realswords right now. peace and thanks for the mods.

crap, can a moderator move this to the correct thread? i thought i was in the right one:O
Maigrets
Admin

arcelas wrote:Ok, so ive been reading the forums, (not really lurking;) And I think i understand: WAC is an overhaul mod that will replace the outdated FCOM and lot? everything I've seen says that WAC's modders have no interest in making it compatible with FCOM or OOO or FRAN's. that being said, is it safe to say that WAC does what FCOM did? or is it like running just one of the 4? just trying to decide if I want to just use realswords right now. peace and thanks for the mods.

crap, can a moderator move this to the correct thread? i thought i was in the right one:O
It's fine. :) This post can stay here. The forum isn't that active these days anyway.

To answer your question WAC is an overhaul of it's own and many things are not compatible with other overhauls like FCOM as you've already discovered. It was never meant to replace FCOM, but as another choice.

Having said that there is a WAC_OOO Patch which will work if you include it in your Bashed Patch. It only needs to be made compatible with OOO. However, you will have to exclude the WAC.esp and you will also lose much of the WAC content if it's merged with FCOM.

If you haven't already browse through this thread and you'll find the OOO/FCOM patches and others that you may be interested in.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=531

Besides that WAC had been in production since somewhere around 2008 so it's not new by any means. Just not as high profile as the other overhauls, not because it's less known or popular but because Waalx has put a lot of work into it and to have it merged and that content effectively not seen or utilized would make a lot of it seem pointless.

A great deal of the content in this mod is original work with completely new meshes and textures. This is basically why Waalx has never really wanted it merged with other overhauls unless people do it themselves. Sometime in the (maybe near) future though it will be on the Nexus and in it's final release.

WAC is based around the Conan the Barbarian universe and adds not only the RealSwords mods, but also many, many unique real world and fantasy creatures, monsters, armour, weapons, NPC's, locations and lots more. There is also an overhaul of the Arena included which will be finished in the final. It changes the Arena so it's like the the Gladiatorial Arenas of ancient times. You won't be the only combatant and animals will also be fighting at the same time.

You will find animals that will befriend you if you carry certain items, and a lot of other unique encounters as well.

Even though it's a Beta WAC is completely stable though and has much less impact on your system, but a few things are unfinished but will be included in the final.

I hope this answers some of your questions. :)
xander2277
Fumbling Sworduser

wow! this is so cool. the scope of this mod is unreal! i was only looking for the real swords and followed the cookie crumbs here, and i cannot believe how cool this is. it really makes me want to DL and try it out.

i am just wondering though, if this is too much for what i wanted to try it out with. does it work well with the DLC for Oblivion? and also, i really want to try and play Morroblivion as well (which is sort of an unofficial add on similar to a DLC, but adds Morrowind to oblivion) would it interfere with that? since it is a different location and you have to get there from Tamriel through a special plugin, anything that effects that mod usually only effects that mod, but it ranks second in the load hierarchy if no other large mods are present...but other than that i am really eager to try this out and see what the gameplay is like, the quests added with it sound so interesting already. makes oblivion even more fun for replay i can tell.

it is inspiring, i might even come up with a mod of my own to add to the Elder Scrolls lineup. and if you think its cool, it would be nice to see it added to your weapons. but thats another topic...
Maigrets
Admin

WAC can be used with all DLC's as it doesn't affect anything in any of them. As for Morroblivion, as long as it's in it's own world space WAC will have no effect on it either.

Just make sure to use BOSS, which I assume you already are to make sure all plugins load in the correct order.

Last time I read up on Morroblivion it was a shunned topic on a couple of forums especially the Official and Texnexus forums due to EULA violations, but I see by the FAQ on site those issues seem to have been resolved. Their wording of the "apparent" problems is a bit skewed though as they were using assets from one game in another which is a big no no with Bethesda games.
http://morroblivion.com/faq

Reading about it again and how far they've come almost makes me want to try it just for the upgraded Morrowind experience itself, but I don't play Oblivion anymore.
Deathmint
Fumbling Sworduser

Well. After reading a bit on the back story of this mod I am highly impressed with the amount of work that's been done over these years. I meandered here via the Elsweyr add-on, and at first I thought WAC was simply a large creatures mod. Wow, was I in for a surprise. I'm relatively new to Oblivion as I have only gotten my own copy + a decent computer within the last year, thus why I'm only just now discovering this mod.

Anyway, rather than feeling like it's a shame to see it end, I feel more of a sense of gratitude for the ambitions of pro modders. It takes some hardcore dedication to work on any sort of project over a span of years, and it's expected to eventually tire of it. The amount of creative energy this must have taken, along with the tweaking to make it work smoothly with Oblivion, would certainly be draining. While I'm not much of a modder, I am an artist and a writer and have some idea of the efforts it takes to realize something on this level.

Maigrets, I am also impressed with your dedication to the forums, to continue to maintain a presence for those of us that might trickle in. Once again, I certainly wouldn't expect you to continue this indefinitely, but by and large this is one of the smoothest transitions/endings I have seen in a creative endeavor in a long time. It's like a great story with a satisfying ending. While sad to see it end, there is a sense of proper closure and other people will still be able to discover it in the future.

By the way, I had thought about being one of those that just signs up to download the mod, but I read your post. There is something I want to say on behalf of many of us silent types. There are those of us that have been burned before in forums or larger community sites like the Nexus. Either our thoughtful reviews are lost in a sea of random drama and flaming, or the creators don't want to hear anything but the gushing/sucking up of a new fan. The artistic ego can be so fragile, no matter how carefully worded something might be.

I suppose your post caused me to reflect. I did give in to a sense of defeat about this a long time ago, but it's not fair to those out there that might genuinely want to know what someone thinks of their work.

Since this mod appears to be over on the suggestions/bugs part, I will simply enjoy it for what it is. But, I'll pop back in occasionally to see if someone else has taken it over. If someone does, and they don't mind critiques, I would be willing to become an active participant.
Maigrets
Admin

Thank you Deathmint for the kind words regarding WAC and everything else. :) There is a final version, but I don't know when it will be uploaded. Alex does still pop in here occasionally and one never knows, even though he said it's all over as far as modding goes, after a long break....there is Skyrim. I'm not speaking for Alex though but it would be nice to see it happen.

As I said I don't play Oblivion anymore, but I do have it installed with all the 200+ mods I use. I'm waiting for the final WAC myself so I can play with it but eventually, if and when I have to reinstall my OS or something like that I'll not bother reinstalling Oblivion. It takes a day and a half to get it back to how I want it setup (slight exaggeration, but not by much) and I'm not going to bother with that again unless there's a good reason.

As far as the forum goes Alex asked if I would take care of it in his absence and I'm happy to do it, plus it's something else to learn about now that I've stopped modding Oblivion and having my nose stuck in the CS. Even though it's very quiet here at the moment I'd rather keep the forum going for the time being than just close it and let it fall into obscurity. It's more or less only a couple of people posting nowadays (besides spammers..lol) but that's fine. I don't know about continuing indefinitely though, but it would be nice to have a place for people to talk away from the mainstream forums if they wanted to. I'll keep it going as long as I can.

I don't know if you'll return to read this but anyway...
By the way, I had thought about being one of those that just signs up to download the mod, but I read your post. There is something I want to say on behalf of many of us silent types. There are those of us that have been burned before in forums or larger community sites like the Nexus. Either our thoughtful reviews are lost in a sea of random drama and flaming, or the creators don't want to hear anything but the gushing/sucking up of a new fan. The artistic ego can be so fragile, no matter how carefully worded something might be.
Believe you me I have a LOT to say on that subject, but this thread isn't the place for it except to say that this is the only forum, besides my own blog, where I will post anymore as I'm sick of being treated like an imbecile, a non conformist, having my words twisted and misinterpreted, and being forced to fall in line with the opinions and beliefs of forum elites.

These types infest every forum if they are allowed to dig in unfortunately, but it won't happen here I can tell you that. Everyone here is entitled to have a view on any given subject whether others agree or not, as long as it's kept civil and people agree that not everyone is a clone. That's one reason why there aren't any RULES headlining every subforum and something I don't want to have to resort to unless necessary.

I used to take a lot of that treatment personally and too much to heart, but I don't care anymore, (on a good day) even when people lie. I'd rather talk to free thinking people and have a place to feel comfortable than be a sheep. I do a lot of lurking so I am up on what's going on around the place though.

I realize large forums (and small ones) need strict rules to keep anarchy at bay, but those rules are supposed to apply to everyone, not just a particular level of group mind with like opinions. If one challenges those opinions, even within the rules you quickly find yourself excluded rather than a welcome participant with differing views. Even the Official forums are a place to stay away from these days.

I'm also to a large extent a silent downloader, but I do usually endorse and comment on mods I really like and intend to keep. I don't believe in endorsing or commenting on something I've downloaded but haven't tried for one reason or the other, and there are a lot of those. Besides, these days the chances of having your comments down repped and not seen for some of the most stupid reasons, are astronomical. Lately it's almost like there's a small team going from mod to mod and down repping good comments just for the fun of it because it's become beyond ludicrous.
Since this mod appears to be over on the suggestions/bugs part, I will simply enjoy it for what it is. But, I'll pop back in occasionally to see if someone else has taken it over. If someone does, and they don't mind critiques, I would be willing to become an active participant.
You're welcome. :) You never know what's around the corner and these things have been actually discussed but not finalized.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

It is always such a pleasure to read your responses to members' posts Maigrets ^_^

I still have Oblivion set up on my old computer and thanks to the wonders of KVM switches I can leave the world of Skyrim and go back to the wonders of both Morrowind and Oblivion whenever I want to.

Also I must take a screenshot of my Oblivion character with her companions as they are all ones you created and I love them :D
The Black Ninja
Fumbling Sworduser

Oax wrote:hmm idk, I don't use the Elsweyr mod- but it is very odd that the White Lion attacked you... they aren't supposed to do that... I had read somewhere that Waalx was planning on making it so White Lions liked good people and didn't like the bad and the opposite for the Maneater Lions, but I'm pretty sure that was never implemented. Sorry you're having these problems, but I don't think it has to do with WAC by its self- as I haven't had any problems with the Lions. It must be some kind of conflict with another mod. Hopefully someone else with a little more technical knowledge can jump in here and help you further
Well the White lions are not against me, that much is working. (I just attacked them by instinct lol). The problem is simply that White Lions and a few similar ones are not lootable and cause a crash, especially after loading a save in the general area. But I think if I save now it seems that if ANY mountain-lion based creature added by this mod is in the area it will crash when loading. This happens all over the worldspace, Cyrodiil and Elsweyr. I am running WAC with FCOM (FranOOOMMM) and many other mods like Better Cities and COBL. I have almost no issues and I've never been happier, except for this issue. I was thinking it was a conflict with Ragdolls and Force. I don't think I even have that installed anymore. That was the only thing I could think of that would have conflicts, so I believe this is a problem that's beyond my limited understanding. I guess it could be the jaguars added by OOO or something similar from MMM. I mean if I have 3 overhauls adding creatures all based on the Mountain lion skeleton/mesh then no doubt something could prolly go wrong with them lol. So what do I do? Uninstall massive overhauls? The thought gives me shivers. I can live with the way it is right now... just lost on what steps I could take to troubleshoot this issue further...