WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

As a matter of fact YES! I'm working behind-the-scene with Anja The Wisperer, and the story for the mod she's doing is going to need a female voice. Not exactly your usual female tough, But I thing the subject may be of interest to you :)

Once Anja got her story done, I will contact you and show you what we need.

thanks !
A female character who is not "usual" is music to my ears. :-D-) I look forward to hearing from you.

Oh dear! I better get on with it then. I've slacked off a bit. lol I'm sorry I haven't heard your voice, Greenwarden, I haven't been playing much these days and so no quest mods either.

Anja or Maigrets...whichever... :P
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I remember talk of this voice acting stuff going on, I believe I offered my own if anyone was interested... no one was -_-

lol anyway, I havn't really encountered anything new in the way of bugs, just the same old stuff. I may be posting some pics soon, just for reference on some questions though.
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
VinlandViking
Steady Sworduser

For some reason I can't change the hairstyle or eye colors for any race when I have the WAC files enabled. I suspect that the beards are causing the problem. Is there a way to remove the beards without removing other things from WAC?
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

VinlandViking wrote:For some reason I can't change the hairstyle or eye colors for any race when I have the WAC files enabled. I suspect that the beards are causing the problem. Is there a way to remove the beards without removing other things from WAC?
No original races are editted but if your race has a beard it's a COPY of a vanilla race that has a beard but no hair. So therefor you can't change them ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Lord Spyro
Steady Sworduser

I regret to say i got a new computer and cannot run oblivion anymore.....to clarify my old one could hardly run oblivion and my new one isn't new....( my bro gave it to me) an the old one is my sisters now) so I can no longer test wac or even play oblivion.... :-( but I will still be watching this mod so...yarr. anyway its ganna be a long while before I can fully upgrade this computer. im sorry about that.... :sad:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Why did you change PCs? :S
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Ok, it was a long time since i had feared something like this in Oblivion...

Waalx, i want to kill you for the creation of the Demons and Black demons... my heart stopped for a second , like : WTH WTH WTH WTH !!! RUN ! GET TO THE CHOPPA !...

Also, the knock spell is rather annoying. Deadric are supposed to be annoying that's for sure. But the demon i had found was spamming me with this spell and i couldn't even get on my feets. Although, you look at them when you finally kill them, and wow. they're awesome, really. :shock:
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

having a weird issue, it says there are 80 pages in this forum, but at 76 and on it says there are no posts...
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Haruko wrote:having a weird issue, it says there are 80 pages in this forum, but at 76 and on it says there are no posts...
Mormacil wrote:Same here...
Same here.. but it should now be fixed :)

Lost one post of Mormacil in the process. No big deal..I know. :P

Now I need to go back in time..
Conker434qc wrote:Waalx, i want to kill you for the creation of the Demons and Black demons... my heart stopped for a second , like : WTH WTH WTH WTH !!! RUN ! GET TO THE CHOPPA !...
My pleasure!
Also, the knock spell is rather annoying. Deadric are supposed to be annoying that's for sure. But the demon i had found was spamming me with this spell and i couldn't even get on my feets. Although, you look at them when you finally kill them, and wow. they're awesome, really. Shocked
The knock spell is from mr StarX. Not me. Take it out with him, I'll have nothing of it :P
Haruko wrote:I remember talk of this voice acting stuff going on, I believe I offered my own if anyone was interested... no one was -_-
I believe you did. Although I had no need of a voice actor at that exact moment. I start to now though... :)

I believe you also was in the batch of people that wanted to make new SFX for WAC, ...but hmmm. Actually in that batch of people interested to make SFX, none did me any SFX. People get scared when they see a long list I think...and a long list there is.

Now...if only Michael Jackson was still here... :-(

VinlandViking wrote:For some reason I can't change the hairstyle or eye colors for any race when I have the WAC files enabled. I suspect that the beards are causing the problem. Is there a way to remove the beards without removing other things from WAC?
I seems to answer this every few days...

It's in the read-me, and because of an unfinished thing in the master. In the next version of WAC v0.05c, the bearded races won't interfere with eyes and hairs selection anymore. This won't solve the problem for people that use other bodies or stuff like that though, but that version should work with itself (at least).

And as far as 'I didn't change the vanilla races' that Mormacil said. That's not exactly true. I did change one at least, the Bosmers, to which I gave dark eyes again...
I regret to say i got a new computer and cannot run oblivion anymore.....to clarify my old one could hardly run oblivion and my new one isn't new....( my bro gave it to me) an the old one is my sisters now) so I can no longer test wac or even play oblivion.... Sad but I will still be watching this mod so...yarr. anyway its ganna be a long while before I can fully upgrade this computer. im sorry about that.... Sad
OK...you got a downgrade from you brother (and you took it???) and gave your better machine to your sister? That's a weird weird choice you did.

I don't know what to say about that, ... you clearly have been had by 'brotherly love'.

;)

(pssst! Ye should seek revenge!)
Lord Spyro
Steady Sworduser

well the other one was the family pc... so it wasnt really mine plus it has been infested with many bad things....(malware adware... that stuff) I made an effort to remove most of it, but serous damage (over six years....) has been done and sure i could fix it by formatting it but.....then everyone else goes ZOMG MY I CANT CHESK ME MYSPACE AND MZN ZMOG IMA DIE IMA KILL YOUXZ FOR BREACKZING THE COMBUTER RAWWRRRR. when in fact im trying to fix it..... also this pc isnt a massive downgrade its just the video card sucks..for oblivion for atleast it did but I found an old 9550 ati agp ...so there may be hope.....but not really.... I have to get a job ( got fired when I was moving....) so I can get a better video card.... and monitor hopefully. doesnt really bother be to much though as I can still play gmod ....yay?

back on topic...
about the shrine thing ....my idea well um about that the white lions at the wayshires is awsome but are you talking about putting white lions at deadric god shrines? ....how about like ...idk dijin? well maybe not but white lions dont seem in place for deadric gods I would say maybe put the man eaters there for a yinyang type thing but it seems you have grander plans for them so idk hmmm also speaking about dijin are you ganna out them as the main summon for summoners and conjurers cause there like the perfect mage summon in my opinion especially the higher level plane summoners could like summon several low lvl dijin or a a high lvl one I only bring it up since you starting to get into balancing now :-)
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Waalx wrote:
Haruko wrote:having a weird issue, it says there are 80 pages in this forum, but at 76 and on it says there are no posts...
Mormacil wrote:Same here...
Same here.. but it should now be fixed :)

Lost one post of Mormacil in the process. No big deal..I know. :P
lol

Haruko wrote:I remember talk of this voice acting stuff going on, I believe I offered my own if anyone was interested... no one was -_-

Waalx wrote:I believe you did. Although I had no need of a voice actor at that exact moment. I start to now though... :)

I believe you also was in the batch of people that wanted to make new SFX for WAC, ...but hmmm. Actually in that batch of people interested to make SFX, none did me any SFX. People get scared when they see a long list I think...and a long list there is.

Now...if only Michael Jackson was still here... :-(
actually, I had made some, but they were lost when my computer fried and my hard drive was erased :-(

Edit: quote errors :-o
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

It's good to be back, my avatar has changed but I'm still the same MasterAub underneath. I've lost my rank but make no mistake rank is nothing, flesh is stronger than rank... :-o

Here is my eternal question: when will the next WAC version ("c" I presume)be available???
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

MasterAub wrote:It's good to be back, my avatar has changed but I'm still the same MasterAub underneath. I've lost my rank but make no mistake rank is nothing, flesh is stronger than rank... :-o

Here is my eternal question: when will the next WAC version ("c" I presume)be available???
you made a new profile, did you forget your password?
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

nope I made a correction to the forum as the WAC topic (this one) was somehow screwed. The tables order of the topic wasn't right. Apparently it can be due to a user that delete his own post (or account).
The fact is, no user can delete something on this forum except me (for obvious security reasons that are now more obvious than the reason I did this, obviously).

I'm not sure what happened. The way I could fix the topic and have it work, is by removing posts that have no user data. And apparently MasterAub entire history and account was empty. When I look at the back-up I made prior to trying the fix, I can't find nothing about MasterAub, except when his name appear in quotes..(in my replies usually).

Either somebody messed with the forum in a way I don't understand, or Michael Jackson tried to add a reply..and his ghost fucked my topic big time in the process! Way to go Mike!

While I tend to believe it's his fault as he wrote me every day about WAC before his tragic death, I will maintain an option that MasterAub account was somehow messed with by a living scoundrel.

Or this topic is becoming too long?

Or ? No idea. :sad:

:-o

At least.. I got you a kingly rank title ;)
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

lol Alex, that's just funny stuff.
Lord Spyro
Steady Sworduser

the second....lucky bastard...thats an awsome title ....that sounds like a wierd glitch though mista wac man (....:-)...)
anywho...no luck with oblivion working and or really anygame just looks kinda like shit or preforms like shit so....yarr im ganna stick with podcast music and my artwork ...when i get xsi or 3d studio working...neither will work for some dumass reason.... espisly xsi I switched from 6.1 to 7.5....and wtf man they got rid of the old mod tool interface setup....that really sucks cause it was soo easy to use.... oh well... :x
Maigrets
Admin

I'm making a plugin for WAC with a house and animal companions. BUT, it has a few secrets and will have a set of books with a back story IF I can get past a problem area.

I'm humbly requesting help with a script/scripts for a summoning. Not an ordinary summoning which is my problem. :-(
I have my own mods already with summoning spells, but this is different.

Believe me when I say I've tried every which way to get it to work over the weekend and it fails. :-o

It sounds easy enough, but what's supposed to happen is an activator should cause another activator to cast a spell WITHOUT the player being able to do it.
The player should step on the first activator like a pressure plate, which sets off the next one to cast the spell. The first is parented to the second, but doesn't work except if player activated, which defeats the purpose of the whole thing.

I can't get the first activator to work at all, either as a trigger or pressure plate or any other way for that matter, and the second will only work by the player activating it.

It's not like the tutorial on the CS Wiki for casting spells from an activator. I've been through the Wiki with a fine tooth comb and tried various scripts (modified) from traps and triggers in the vanilla game.

I'm obviously missing something and will probably feel silly, but if someone has time to help me out I would appreciate it. :) I'm at the hair pulling stage...:angry:

The description is a bit cryptic, because it will spoil the story otherwise. Perhaps someone could PM me if they'd like to help me retain my sanity. Credit will of course be given for your time and help.

Anja. :)
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

At least.. I got you a kingly rank title ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
kingly indeed,
Michael if you hear me rest assure I'll loby so WAC (final) gets out on time and complete... :D

RIP Bro
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Anja, did you set up the Enable Parents correctly? May sound stupid to ask, but it happened to me a few times.
Maigrets
Admin

StarX wrote:Anja, did you set up the Enable Parents correctly? May sound stupid to ask, but it happened to me a few times.
I think so. Anyway, it wouldn't allow me to reverse them. :?

At this stage I'm going to finish everything else and then go back to it. I find the tutorials on the Wiki confusing and what I've already been able to do in the past I worked out myself by trial and error (which isn't that much as far as scripts go).
Basic stuff really, like spells, simple quest scripts and adapting my companion scripts from an OBSE one which wasn't necessary in the first place.

Simple being the operative word. :lol:

EDIT:

:-) :-)

I got it working...YAY! It scared the living daylights out of me when it did. Hopefully it'll do the same for others if they play this plugin. :-D-)