WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Bizzy
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Waalx wrote:
Of the base game (vanilla), unless I change/replace something usually I don't touch.

What you say of chest loot wass in my mind. I want to see big monsters in lairs full of treasures, piles of gold and jewels. :)
So you like to make Dungeons like in OOO, with for example Boss Mosters and Artifacts, this would be great! Because i hate the Oblivion Dungeons where everything is calculated by hazard.

And again sorry for my english ^^.
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

I posted this on the bethforums (and on the other thread on this forum), and I reckon I'll post it here too.
I found a strange glitch with the bull scamps. Apparently the head mesh nif-file has some reflection settings gone wrong.
http://img801.images...acbullscamp.jpg
http://img407.images...bullscamp02.jpg
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

viltuska wrote:I posted this on the bethforums (and on the other thread on this forum), and I reckon I'll post it here too.
I found a strange glitch with the bull scamps. Apparently the head mesh nif-file has some reflection settings gone wrong.
Hi

I'm not able to open the pictures you posted. The links you posted are odd to say the least. I haven't seen links with (...) before.

Can you fix the link or else send me the images directly to my email at waalx@yahoo.com.

thanks
ztrathego
Unsteady Sworduser

viltuska wrote:I posted this on the bethforums (and on the other thread on this forum), and I reckon I'll post it here too.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7918 ... lscamp.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/417/ ... camp02.jpg

Just fixed the links. :)
Waalx
Forum Master

ztrathego wrote:
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7918 ... lscamp.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/417/ ... camp02.jpg

Just fixed the links. :)
thanks

ok what this mean is that for some reason the Scamp glow map added by WAC isn't in the BSA. I just verified and it's indeed not there...

here's the file to fix this: Scamp Glow Map Fix

Take the folder 'Textures' from the archive, place it inside your ...\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data\.

This should fix it.
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

Thanks! :happy:
BTW sorry for the screwed up links just copypasted them from the bethforums, and didn't notice that they were shortened.
EDIT: I found a couple more creatures with missing glow maps. Both of them are antelope mounts:
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3214/wdsaita.jpg
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/653/wdantelope.jpg
redshift87
Fumbling Sworduser

Wow, Waalx, you've outdone yourself with this. So many quality meshes and textures... it's mind boggling. I especially love the new horses and their tack! And the mages, and the bandits!

I made a character just to run around and check things out with, and I have noticed a handful of issues:

- laccolith gargoyle followed me and battle music was playing, but it never attacked me
- white ferret, chipmunk move too fast
- brown goblin shamawan head texture doesn't match body
- frost fear has shiny head
- guards have missing torsos (I believe I saw this brought up earlier)
- various minor spelling errors

And I'm getting regular CTDs with this mod active. I am running a ton of other mods, OOO included - however, I d/led the compatibility patch for it. I'm not noticing a particular pattern to the CTDs, save timing; no matter what I'm doing, I seem to get a CTD every 10 minutes or so of gameplay. I did defrag after installing this.

Anyways, thanks for all your hard work! This mod is stunning even in its beta stage : -)
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I think that that OOO patch isn't compatible with new version. Maybe that's why you have CTDs.
redshift87
Fumbling Sworduser

Thanks, Washington, I'll pull it from my load order and see what happens : -)
Hellbishop
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

washington wrote:I think that that OOO patch isn't compatible with new version. Maybe that's why you have CTDs.
Right that OOO patch was for the previous version so i seriously doubt with all the new changes its still compatible. I havent used it with the latest W.A.C. and have yet to suffer any crashes.

I did run into an old bug which i read in the past is due to the OBLIVION game engine. After leaving the Nagastani dungeon (not sure if thats the right name) i headed down the hill towards the shore in the direction of the Imperial City and i came across a huge land tear with creatures stuck in the void aswell as the entrance to another dungeon visible but the rest of it gone. I tried reloading the save but the glitch didnt disappear.

Its little things like this that make me happy SKYRIM V will have a new game engine eventhough this one really lasted for ages doing a fabulous job without mods. FALLOUT 3 though really pushed it to the max with Bethesda skilled hands.
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

To confirm a post form Johnn_123 on the other thread
seems Gora at the Cheydinhal Stables has a bit of excessive glow to him
The same happens with the ridable deer in Anvil during rain and night, a really glowing animal :)

And sometimes (not always) something strange happens with the Warthog, the colour of the head and the torso don't fit together (by the way one of my favourite animals, a beautiful pig)

ImageImage

redshift87, there is also a litte bug with the skeleton of some gnolls, Phinix made a quick fix for people, who don't like to go in the CS, but I can't find it at the moment. And someone gave a discription how you can fix it in the CS, may be Vacuity? Perhaps in the Bethforum-thread. A bit confusing the different bug reports in different threads. :lol:

Waalx, I am not sure if the following is intented: when I fasttravel, the red wolf Roxa and the Equis appear too. With Roxa it seems intented to me, she doesn't enter interiors and towns, but even finds my char when he is walking around in the countryside. I am not sure with the Equis (it doesn't follow the char and goes back to its stable, if my char doesn't ride it, so it reacts normal, but I don't know if its appearance after fastravel is normal)

Edit: Found the posts about the missing gnoll meshes, Post 84,85, and 88
http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/t ... ge__st__80
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

pure art this one. add in ULs and it's gaming heaven! it got me to reinstall Oblivion on my crappy laptop, and I gotta say it also runs pretty smooth. I'm going to enjoy the exploration so much. thank you so very very much Waalx! it's great to have you back :)
ztrathego
Unsteady Sworduser

Waalx wrote:
Psymon wrote: I've never altered the game to not use the exe (I use GOTY) to avoid DRM, so I'm not sure if I follow. I did alter the exe to use more ram than 2 gigs max though.
not Important much. Just a no-cd patch. Illegal. but useful. And again I own 2 retails versions. I would probably use Wrye Bash and OBSE if I was playing a game. Right now I'm already lost (sometimes) just to make my own things work :)
Just for the record, I used a no-cd patch aswell for some time when my DVD-player broke until I got a new one, and obse works just fine with the cracked version aswell - no different at all from how it works now when playing with the DVD.
James88
Fumbling Sworduser

hey im having major issues with this. I have other mods installed but are not using them besides the unofficial patch, but almost everytime i enter combat the game will crash since i have used this mod any ideas???
yanazake
Unsteady Sworduser

I have a problem too.

When I enter the game, it works fine for some time. then, it crashes at certain spots. One is the bridge to imperial city. In the middle, the game crashes completely. The only mod I have that modifies the map is "Borderless cyrodill", and maybe the natural enviroments [was using it before activating the one that comes with wac] and alive waters.

I tried deactivating some things, but the same crash happens after I reach one of the "gates" along the bridge.
Other than that, I saw a black otter flying from somewhere and then dying when it hit the floor, near IC again.

Another question; is there any NORMAL horse in wac? I belive there is, some with spots and really different markings. Well, they're not recognized when you want to apply horse armor... Maybe because they're not linked to the player, they're wild, right?

My last issue is not related to WAC, but to a combat mod. I don't think it's a compatibility problem, just a problem with the mod itself.
Imma here fo dem critters!
Waalx
Forum Master

viltuska wrote:Thanks! :happy:
BTW sorry for the screwed up links just copypasted them from the bethforums, and didn't notice that they were shortened.
EDIT: I found a couple more creatures with missing glow maps. Both of them are antelope mounts:
thanks, the mounts meshes are going to be fixed.
redshift87 wrote: I made a character just to run around and check things out with, and I have noticed a handful of issues:
- laccolith gargoyle followed me and battle music was playing, but it never attacked me
strange, I need to check what's going on here...
Too fast for what? Those kind of beast are really fast in our world as well... beside of that they are there more for ambiance than for hunting. There are lots of better prey to hunt in WAC in my opinion. So if they're too fast for you bow or something, ... just let them live! :)
I will check on this thanks!
Than may be due once more to a missing glow map that didn't made it in the BSA. I will work on this.
This may be due to Loading WAC - Legion before WAC - TCOS and/or WAC - Overspawn. Try disabling WAC - Legion and see if the probelm is still there. Otherwise it's a conflict with something else you have installed.
I'm French speaking, so I take that as my reason/excuse for those. As long as it's only 'minor' errors though I'm not that worried. Beside that, I have many things in WAC that are named with two capitals letters in the same word, so if those are the errors, it is as intended. ie: RealSwords, BloodPit, etc. Many of RealSwords weapons are named this way as well.
And I'm getting regular CTDs with this mod active. I am running a ton of other mods, OOO included - however, I d/led the compatibility patch for it. I'm not noticing a particular pattern to the CTDs, save timing; no matter what I'm doing, I seem to get a CTD every 10 minutes or so of gameplay. I did defrag after installing this.
I can't talk for this as I don't run OOO nor many mods while working on WAC. One things is sure here though, you shouldn't be running the OOO compatibility patch as it's based on the Alpha of more than a year ago and WAC Beta data that have been either changed or deleted in some instances. That will not go well with the OOO patch.
Salimbene wrote:
And sometimes (not always) something strange happens with the Warthog, the colour of the head and the torso don't fit together (by the way one of my favourite animals, a beautiful pig)
I will check the Warthog meshes and how they are implemented in the CS. Thanks
Waalx, I am not sure if the following is intented: when I fasttravel, the red wolf Roxa and the Equis appear too. With Roxa it seems intented to me, she doesn't enter interiors and towns, but even finds my char when he is walking around in the countryside. I am not sure with the Equis (it doesn't follow the char and goes back to its stable, if my char doesn't ride it, so it reacts normal, but I don't know if its appearance after fastravel is normal)
I need to check that, thanks. No idea what's going on here.
ztrathego wrote:
Waalx wrote: Just for the record, I used a no-cd patch aswell for some time when my DVD-player broke until I got a new one, and obse works just fine with the cracked version aswell - no different at all from how it works now when playing with the DVD.
thanks for this info. I may install it later then. :)
James88 wrote:hey im having major issues with this. I have other mods installed but are not using them besides the unofficial patch, but almost everytime i enter combat the game will crash since i have used this mod any ideas???
Every times? I didn't saw this going on in my play-tests. The unofficial patch may be the cause? Nobody else reported this so far. I don't know.
yanazake wrote:I have a problem too.

When I enter the game, it works fine for some time. then, it crashes at certain spots. One is the bridge to imperial city. In the middle, the game crashes completely. The only mod I have that modifies the map is "Borderless cyrodill", and maybe the natural enviroments [was using it before activating the one that comes with wac] and alive waters.
I can say here as I'm running the natural environments mods and never had that bug. I crossed that bridge often and didn't experience crash in that area. Usually if I test WAC and it does crash, I try to go back and replicate the bug. Never happened to that area though. Alive waters... there may be something to this. From my own experience AW is a script process nightmare for the little water there's on the Cyrodiil map. That's my opinion though...:) Not trying to diss AW water here, just making an observation on my own experience with it.
I tried deactivating some things, but the same crash happens after I reach one of the "gates" along the bridge.
Other than that, I saw a black otter flying from somewhere and then dying when it hit the floor, near IC again.
I know that walking on that bridge is somewhat always process intensive here, no idea why, but my framerate is always low in this area.

A flying otter?... that may be due to the fact that most beast when running over a high ground will fall down and die(gravity). The more fast the beast is, the most of those can occur. Again that's my idea of the problem. Many speacies when fleeing will demonstrate that behavior, and that's a reason of wy you can find dead creatures around sometimes even if there's nothing else around.
Another question; is there any NORMAL horse in wac? I belive there is, some with spots and really different markings. Well, they're not recognized when you want to apply horse armor... Maybe because they're not linked to the player, they're wild, right?
Yes, the horse armors are coded to work with the vanilla horses, and many horses in WAC are not listed as such. Some of what WAC changes should replace vanilla horses and in this instance it 'should' work fine with them, but I'm not sure either way.

thanks for all comments and bug-reports guys!
Waalx
Forum Master

Waalx wrote:
viltuska wrote:Thanks! :happy:
thanks, the mounts meshes are going to be fixed.
redshift87 wrote: I made a character just to run around and check things out with, and I have noticed a handful of issues:
strange, I need to check what's going on here...
Too fast for what? Those kind of beast are really fast in our world as well... beside of that they are there more for ambiance than for hunting. There are lots of better prey to hunt in WAC in my opinion. So if they're too fast for you bow or something, ... just let them live! :)
I will check on this thanks!
Than may be due once more to a missing glow map that didn't make it in the BSA. I will work on this.
This may be due to Loading WAC - Legion before WAC - TCOS and/or WAC - Overspawn. Try disabling WAC - Legion and see if the probelm is still there. Otherwise it's a conflict with something else you have installed.
I'm French speaking, so I take that as my reason/excuse for those. As long as it's only 'minor' errors though I'm not that worried. Beside that, I have many things in WAC that are named with two capitals letters in the same word, so if those are the errors, it is as intended. ie: RealSwords, BloodPit, etc. Many of RealSwords weapons are named this way as well.
I can't talk for this as I don't run OOO nor many mods while working on WAC. One things is sure here though, you shouldn't be running the OOO compatibility patch as it's based on the Alpha of more than a year ago and WAC Beta data that have been either changed or deleted in some instances. That will not go well with the OOO patch.
Salimbene wrote:
I will check the Warthog meshes and how they are implemented in the CS. Thanks
I need to check that, thanks. No idea what's going on here.
ztrathego wrote:
Waalx wrote: Just for the record, I used a no-cd patch aswell for some time when my DVD-player broke until I got a new one, and obse works just fine with the cracked version aswell - no different at all from how it works now when playing with the DVD.
thanks for this info. I may install it later then. :)
James88 wrote:hey im having major issues with this. I have other mods installed but are not using them besides the unofficial patch, but almost everytime i enter combat the game will crash since i have used this mod any ideas???
Every times? I didn't saw this going on in my play-tests. The unofficial patch may be the cause? Nobody else reported this so far. I don't know.
yanazake wrote:I have a problem too.

I can say here as I'm running the natural environments mods and never had that bug. I crossed that bridge often and didn't experience crash in that area. Usually if I test WAC and it does crash, I try to go back and replicate the bug. Never happened to that area though. Alive waters... there may be something to this. From my own experience AW is a script process nightmare for the little water there's on the Cyrodiil map. That's my opinion though...:) Not trying to diss AW water here, just making an observation on my own experience with it.
I know that walking on that bridge is somewhat always process intensive here, no idea why, but my framerate is always low in this area.

A flying otter?... that may be due to the fact that most beast when running over a high ground will fall down and die(gravity). The more fast the beast is, the more often those can occur. Again that's my idea of the problem. Many species when fleeing will demonstrate that behavior, and that's a reason of why you can find dead creatures sometimes even if there's nothing else around.
Yes, the horse armors are coded to work with the vanilla horses, and many horses in WAC are not listed as such. Some of what WAC changes should replace vanilla horses and in this instance it 'should' work fine with them, but I'm not sure either way.

thanks for all comments and bug-reports guys!
yanazake
Unsteady Sworduser

I turned AW off and no game, a sudden CTD happened near IC. [I lost my autosave because I'm still testing various things here and there] I just used fast travel to the stables near IC, went in the city, waited for some time [it was getting dark... what? D:] and went out again. The game CTD right next to two priests near the entrace [a dark elf and a man with white beard]

should I post my load order, or rather, that crash report some people posted? I'm not sure where to find it, tho.
Imma here fo dem critters!
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

Hi! I found a accidental edit in Wac - tcos.esp that changes the mesh for the dremora kynreeve cuirass to that of the chainmail cuirass.
EDIT:that goes for kynval cuirass too.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

loving it so far, been waiting so long for this

just a few problems with the arena, the bodies of opponents you've defeated in previous fights don't dissappear so now i have 20+ bodies lying around during every fight which causes enorrrmmouuss lag

also in one of the earlier fights the provocator and amazon turned on me so i killed them and since then there has been no condemned/provocators/amazons in any fight

apart from those problems, it's epic
give me your sword