WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

that reminds me, just a minor kiss-ass moment here, but the flame effect on that sword outside the sewer is seriously the best i've seen. most of em (and not just in Oblivion, in pretty much every game) have that same, boring, completely unrealistic fire effect that i've grown pretty tired of, but the flames on the magma sword look great.

VERSION 0.03
MODS:
OOO 1.33
No Psychic Guard 1.2
Deadly Reflex 4.03
OBSE
WAC (load last) 0.03
CONGIG: Athlon AMD 4000+ / Geforce 8800 GTS / 2 Giga de RAM

6) Animals behaviours are very well done...Lion lying on the Shrines, Deers gazing arround. One word Terrific

7) Some of your monsters behave oddly. Near Bravil 3 Black Giant Something (can't recall the name at the moment will post the name and the picture later) were fighting against eachother...(strange)

8) Also when shooting from a distance (with bow and arrows) most of your Big Monsters (will post the name and location later) will not react. The fighting music would not even engage...Not sure if it's related to their package??? I will test more.

9) Definitely a problem with your Gobelin Camps. I went to clear out two of them and experienced crash 80% of the time when trying to enter the chief tent plus I had those video/texture problem on both of it. I went to the bandit camp near Cheydinhal and did not experience those video/texture problem...So I think it is worst investigating. I am investigating it on my side and provide you with an answer...Keep you updated on this.

10) In the Bandit camp near north of Cheydinhal, you can not enter the chief tent, the connection between exterior and interior does not work or has not been done.

11) Beaver are not Edgehog...Your Beavers are named Edgehog.

12) You need to check the package/faction of your Beaver/Edgehog. Everytime a npc is attacked the Beavers arround will attack the beast that attack the PNJ/Player

That's it for now...

Hope it helps.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Krigulv wrote:that reminds me, just a minor kiss-ass moment here, but the flame effect on that sword outside the sewer is seriously the best i've seen. most of em (and not just in Oblivion, in pretty much every game) have that same, boring, completely unrealistic fire effect that i've grown pretty tired of, but the flames on the magma sword look great.
Thanks. but the fire is just the torch fire of vanilla ;)
MasterAub wrote:
6) Animals behaviours are very well done...Lion lying on the Shrines, Deers gazing arround. One word Terrific

7) Some of your monsters behave oddly. Near Bravil 3 Black Giant Something (can't recall the name at the moment will post the name and the picture later) were fighting against eachother...(strange)

8) Also when shooting from a distance (with bow and arrows) most of your Big Monsters (will post the name and location later) will not react. The fighting music would not even engage...Not sure if it's related to their package??? I will test more.

9) Definitely a problem with your Gobelin Camps. I went to clear out two of them and experienced crash 80% of the time when trying to enter the chief tent plus I had those video/texture problem on both of it. I went to the bandit camp near Cheydinhal and did not experience those video/texture problem...So I think it is worst investigating. I am investigating it on my side and provide you with an answer...Keep you updated on this.

10) In the Bandit camp near north of Cheydinhal, you can not enter the chief tent, the connection between exterior and interior does not work or has not been done.

11) Beaver are not Edgehog...Your Beavers are named Edgehog.

12) You need to check the package/faction of your Beaver/Edgehog. Everytime a npc is attacked the Beavers arround will attack the beast that attack the PNJ/Player

That's it for now...

Hope it helps.
6) thanks. still not really what I want, but creatures are mostly all where I want them though.. ;) AI could be better in my opinion.

7) answered the giants problem already. AI is not yet correct on them.

8) ok..that's not supposed to. I will check .

9) I'll go visit each camp, and see what I got here.

10) Wind Range. that camp is only half done, I plan to extend it further up on the plateau near the lake.

11)

12) the beaver-hedgehog or the hedgehog-beaver? :P I'll check both...
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I can't find the Djinn Vessel ring :P
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

that fork in mormacil's avatar might make an excellent legendary weapon :P
Waalx
Forum Master

Sewer exit. It's in a jewelery chest. Half buried among the rubbles right beside the quai, in front of the boat. small chest.

Jewlery chest is using different texture than vanilla too. it's old wood, and bronze instead of brown wood and iron. I made a couple of 'new' chest like that, bigger ones too.
Darina
Steady Sworduser

Waalx wrote:
Over at Vilverin I met a Bandit Bruiser and a Bandit Thief..

Those are not from WAC. Probably FCOM?

If you want a clear view of the changes WAC does, load all of it last. (well as long as it's for testing you know? :) The two bandits outside should have been geared in the bandits armors I made.

but 0.2 & 0.3 won't change nothing in Villerin. Next time, grab a weapon on the quay, an armor in the barrel by the sewer exit, and find the Djinn's Vessel in a small chest in front of the boat there. and teleport to a goblin camp, summon a djiin, and.... action!

Still, it's nice to see how it does with other mods.

thanks!
I'm playing with full FCOM, so it can be that the Bandits were from there. I load WAC very late (only the Bashed Patch and Deadly Reflex are later). Though, I haven't met one of your Bandits outside Vilverin...
Will do the Goblin Camps Sightseeing Tour this evening...

Greetz! Darina
*~* Valar Morghulis *~*
maxy999
Fumbling Sworduser

I didn't yet tried WAC - 8th Gate.esp, so I would want to know what does it do and add to game, and if I won't use it what will I be missing? I starteg the game from the begining second time and I can say that playing the game whit this mod is way much better and amusing :D . Nice work waalx 8-)
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

maxy999 wrote:I didn't yet tried WAC - 8th Gate.esp, so I would want to know what does it do and add to game, and if I won't use it what will I be missing? I starteg the game from the begining second time and I can say that playing the game whit this mod is way much better and amusing :D . Nice work waalx 8-)
it says in the readme, but the 8th gate adds Hiricine's plane (the hunter daedra, has tons of the new WAC animals running around) as one of the realms for when you pass through an Oblivion gate. it also removes all other Oblivion realms except for the 1st gate, for testing the new Xivilai and scamps and fears and such.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Krigulv wrote:that fork in mormacil's avatar might make an excellent legendary weapon :P
Of course it is, it's the Fork of Truth! but we already have an uberpowerfull fork don't we? :)
Darina wrote:
Waalx wrote:
Over at Vilverin I met a Bandit Bruiser and a Bandit Thief..

Those are not from WAC. Probably FCOM?

If you want a clear view of the changes WAC does, load all of it last. (well as long as it's for testing you know? :) The two bandits outside should have been geared in the bandits armors I made.

but 0.2 & 0.3 won't change nothing in Villerin. Next time, grab a weapon on the quay, an armor in the barrel by the sewer exit, and find the Djinn's Vessel in a small chest in front of the boat there. and teleport to a goblin camp, summon a djiin, and.... action!

Still, it's nice to see how it does with other mods.

thanks!
I'm playing with full FCOM, so it can be that the Bandits were from there. I load WAC very late (only the Bashed Patch and Deadly Reflex are later). Though, I haven't met one of your Bandits outside Vilverin...
Will do the Goblin Camps Sightseeing Tour this evening...

Greetz! Darina
I suggest you load WAC after the BAshed Patch so WAC's levelling won't be mixed in with FCOM loot. Otherwise you might not see half the things Waalx did. :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

i just read the first post again and had to comment on one thing that was said.
"If you crash while going to a camp notably the Abecean Camp South of Anvil, that means your borders are enabled in your oblivion.ini. Instant crash, unless borders are disabled."
that wasn't the case for me. my borders have always been disabled in my ini file. i finally got this to work when i downloaded a no-borders mod. i looked in the esp for the mod and noticed that the change was in a region called Cyrodiil Border Regions or something like that. the only change made was unchecking the "Border Region" box so that those areas no longer block you from passing.
Deep down, we're all bad people. Some of us are just better at it.
maxy999
Fumbling Sworduser

Krigulv wrote:
maxy999 wrote:I didn't yet tried WAC - 8th Gate.esp, so I would want to know what does it do and add to game, and if I won't use it what will I be missing? I starteg the game from the begining second time and I can say that playing the game whit this mod is way much better and amusing :D . Nice work waalx 8-)
it says in the readme, but the 8th gate adds Hiricine's plane (the hunter daedra, has tons of the new WAC animals running around) as one of the realms for when you pass through an Oblivion gate. it also removes all other Oblivion realms except for the 1st gate, for testing the new Xivilai and scamps and fears and such.
So that means that I wont be able to go in custom ovlivion realm, close it and take sigil key, or...?
Waalx
Forum Master

Krigulv wrote:i just read the first post again and had to comment on one thing that was said.
"If you crash while going to a camp notably the Abecean Camp South of Anvil, that means your borders are enabled in your oblivion.ini. Instant crash, unless borders are disabled."
that wasn't the case for me. my borders have always been disabled in my ini file. i finally got this to work when i downloaded a no-borders mod. i looked in the esp for the mod and noticed that the change was in a region called Cyrodiil Border Regions or something like that. the only change made was unchecking the "Border Region" box so that those areas no longer block you from passing.
ah! That's quite interesting thanks! didn't knew that. So I can disable the border via the mod! cool. Will have to check that.

ok my own report now.

I can't replicate the bug that MasterAub talk about. I've gone to the five goblin camps, emptied each before going in the chief tent and killing each one. no crash nowehere. and no artifact like you've shown on your screenshot before. it's still possible that I haven't encountered the same goblin that does that, as they are kind of 67 types in total. I'll have to empty the camp another time to see if I can catch one that does not render right or whatever it does.

Does anyone also have that bug? I'm a bit mystified, as I run the mod like you all now, all my work files are somewhere else. Same BSA, same all.

I also checked the hanging skeleton that was posted with missing nail texture. the texture path is correct, it should open a small metal texture called rustedmetal2.dds. should be in any Oblivion install. The rope used in the same nif go fecth a texture in the exact same folder hierarchy too, and the wood work. almost all of the torture stuff only run on vanilla textures. I can't find what's wrong with this one either.

Anyone else have purple nails and missing textures like this?
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

i just tested the djinn ring (after getting out my trusty microscope to actually find the box :P). seems to work fine except for one thing that annoyed me, which i'm not sure is intended or not. there was a demon at the nearby gate, so that worked out well to test the afrit out on. i summoned the afrit, and the demon soon attacked. as soon as the demon attacked, the afrit ran. i thought he was running away until he came back and started attacking the demon. then i noticed the afrit was holding one of the test weapons on the dock (the katana). so it seems if there's any weapon nearby, he'll go and grab it as soon as there's danger. and then the katana completely disappeared with the afrit when the summon spell time ran out.
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Waalx wrote:Anyone else have purple nails and missing textures like this?
yes, i have that too. it's on any nail on any of your gibbets, but nothing else on the gibbets is untextured. always just the nails.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Waalx wrote:
Krigulv wrote:i just read the first post again and had to comment on one thing that was said.
ah! That's quite interesting thanks! didn't knew that. So I can disable the border via the mod! cool. Will have to check that.
Please don't :P If multiple mods disable the same border weird conflicts happen...

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Mormacil wrote:Hmm if you throw it all in a convenient OMODready format... ^_^
edit3:
Black Leather Greaves make your legs really thin (female version).

edit:
Works for me :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood

the hedgehog-beaver, the brown one...Strange in my country and every single contry I've been in Hedgehog don't ressemble Beavers...They are like that photo I've just notice vacuity posted above...
Krigulv
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

is the nail texture from SI by any chance? could explain why some people see it and some don't.
Waalx
Forum Master

ahah!

cool now I see it work.
Krigulv wrote:is the nail texture from SI by any chance? could explain why some people see it and some don't.

is there a way to know that for sure? Most textures that SI use are name correctly, but some in the clutter folder are not named to SI nomenclature in fact. It could be.

Tell me MasterAub, do you have Shivering Isles?

one way or the other it prove that I have to change that texture to something else finally.