WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Happy Holiday to everybody...

Do we have any news from Alex? That would be great.

By the way I am preparing a little quest mod for WAC users; so stay put...

:D
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Happy holidays and no not a word.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
MasterAub
The Second

Oyé Oyé,

MasterAub WAC mod is ready for download and it's called: The Lost Tomb of King Oseric

Please find it on TesNexus and try it...

Here is the link. Let me know your thoughts:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29039

Thank you all and have a terrific new year
Lee Buslett
Steady Sworduser

Well this mod is pretty much awesome only minor problems that I am sure will be ironed out in future releases.

Great job!
I have a cat named Spaghetty
MasterAub
The Second

Lee Buslett wrote:Well this mod is pretty much awesome only minor problems that I am sure will be ironed out in future releases.

Great job!
Thanks Lee Buslett (love that name by the way)...
Don't hesitate to list what should be ironed. Only I tested this mod (my regular tester did not have WAC installed).
Also already a version 1.1 has been released. This version changes small things in the dialogues and the world but more importantly adds custom loading screens.
But any bug/improvement report is welcome...

Thanks again and happy new year... ;)
Divah_nordique
Fumbling Sworduser

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm MERCI
MAAaaaaaasterrRRRRrrrrrrr Aub
Pour ce nouveau mod, j'ai beaucoup aimé les précédents mais je crois que celui-ci... en association avec WAC va faire fureur.. j'ai déjà peur

:woot:

Edit : delete pub.. sorry
What a pity ! i was born in a real world..
(lol)
MasterAub
The Second

Can someone provide us with news from Alex...I am worried, if someone knows him in "real life" then please tell him to pass by just to say hello...

Thank you
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Making a new character so I'm gonna install WAC now, hope all the good things I've heard are true
give me your sword
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

So far absolutely loving it, and ran into no problems. First thing I did when I got out of the sewers is check through those barrels I wasn't supposed to and the new bandit/marauder armor is just eye candy

Also ran into a few beavers which looked great. Most impressive thing was the water though. Usually I just tread in nonchalontly, slicing the occasional weak ass slaughterfish, but the second I went in the water this crazy ass reptile thing started tearing me apart. Really adds a new element of danger which was missing from the vanilla game
give me your sword
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

MasterAub wrote:Can someone provide us with news from Alex...I am worried, if someone knows him in "real life" then please tell him to pass by just to say hello...

Thank you
I also hope Alex is well.

Congratulations on the release of your mod, MasterAub. :) I hope it does well.

I'm glad you at least have permission to release your plugin, whereas I was expressly denied permission to release Cypress House until the next version of WAC, because there are a few extra files added made by Waalx. The reason was so people didn't have to add extra files outside the BSA to their game, which isn't that much of a big deal really.

It looks as though I'll never be able to do so. All that time wasted. :(

Oh well, you live and learn. I applaud Alex's stance about what he will and won't do with WAC. Stay true to what you want and don't be talked into something that changes your original idea unless it improves the overall concept.

However, with regret, that's exactly what I did. I allowed myself to be "told" what my plugin would contain and how to go about it. Out of courtesy I asked at the beginning if I could do just a house and companion mod. According to the WAC Readme I didn't really need to ask and I guess I shouldn't have.

I have many faults and one of those is being too considerate of people and not saying NO, when that's what I wish to do. It often end badly because I'm taken advantage of, but not anymore.

No-one need flame me. I'm finished here, so I won't see it anyway.

Maigrets (Anja)
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Yeah I hope he's good. He updated the Realswords: Nord file on nexus about a week ago so he's still around
give me your sword
MasterAub
The Second

Hi Anja,

Thanks for noticing my mod. The Tomb of King Oseric is a short mod...Nothing like what you've done...
I didn't ask Waalx for release permission. I just made sure I did not go againt the Waalx Policy.
I do mods first to take out the stress of work...However I ask my testers not only to report bugs but also to express their opinion, but guess what at the end of the day what I post is what I want to post...
In any case I wish you and your family an happy new year and assure you of my admiration on your fine moding work ;)
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Having problems with actors freezing. As soon as any NPC or creature enters combat, it seems to be unable to move. They'll still attack if I get close enough or they have ranged capabilities but they're all rooted to the ground. I'm not using many mods as it is but moving WAC to be last in my load order changed nothing. Anyone know how I can fix this?

- fixed, was to do with where the esm was loaded, not the esps
give me your sword
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I got this error when trying to make a bashed patch with WAC.esm installed:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "I:\Games\Oblivion\Mopy\basher.py", line 4318, in Execute
patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))
File "I:\Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 13404, in buildPatch
patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
File "I:\Games\Oblivion\Mopy\bosh.py", line 18134, in buildPatch
raise StateError(_('Mesh undefined for eye %s in race %s') % (strFid(eye),race.eid,))
bolt.StateError: Mesh undefined for eye (Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm,0x006952) in race VampireRace

So then is this a known issue? the eye for vampires being wrong?

Further research reveals this is considered the cause of Googly eyes (I've never seen this before) - is there a fix? Something about eye meshes being wrong.

[edit] Tried the custom race fix and it didn't make the error go away and hence I cannot create a bashed patch and therefore cannot as of yet play the mod.

[edit 2] Nevermind - I got it to work - apparently the bashed patch esp itself was corrupt (I don't know how) starting with a brand new on I was able to get it to bash.
C. Nial DeMencha
Unsteady Sworduser

It's a common problem that I've gotten with other mods as well. Simple fix- just delete the VampireRace record from the offending file using Tes4Edit. But if you've already gotten it to work, there's no need for that I guess. I actually have no clue though what causes it, because when I had a look at the record before I deleted it, and it's identical to the vanilla record. Kind of weird. *Shrug*
Hellbishop
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Anja The Whisperer wrote:
MasterAub wrote:Can someone provide us with news from Alex...I am worried, if someone knows him in "real life" then please tell him to pass by just to say hello...

Thank you
I also hope Alex is well.

Congratulations on the release of your mod, MasterAub. :) I hope it does well.

I'm glad you at least have permission to release your plugin, whereas I was expressly denied permission to release Cypress House until the next version of WAC, because there are a few extra files added made by Waalx. The reason was so people didn't have to add extra files outside the BSA to their game, which isn't that much of a big deal really.

It looks as though I'll never be able to do so. All that time wasted. :(

Oh well, you live and learn. I applaud Alex's stance about what he will and won't do with WAC. Stay true to what you want and don't be talked into something that changes your original idea unless it improves the overall concept.

However, with regret, that's exactly what I did. I allowed myself to be "told" what my plugin would contain and how to go about it. Out of courtesy I asked at the beginning if I could do just a house and companion mod. According to the WAC Readme I didn't really need to ask and I guess I shouldn't have.

I have many faults and one of those is being too considerate of people and not saying NO, when that's what I wish to do. It often end badly because I'm taken advantage of, but not anymore.

No-one need flame me. I'm finished here, so I won't see it anyway.

Maigrets (Anja)
I hope you change your mind Anja The Whisperer your one of the greatest and most respectful Modders and person in the Elder Scrolls Community. Am pretty sure Waalx didnt mean to constrain your creativity. Just like the Bethesda Devs go into the "WAR ROOM" to discuss and argue over whats going in and not going into the next TES rpg each mod work has a certain vision and not everything everyone wants in will make it into the final version. Theres always the next project or upgrade opportunity.

Thanks again C. Nial DeMencha for the fantastic work on the WACforOOO patch you created. Now that things are more calm after the amazing glut of great holiday releases i can finally start enjoying some quality time with OBLIVION with WAC and OOO buetifully together thanks to you.

Happy New Years to everybody!
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

So, after far too long of waiting, I'm going to install Wac.
Even though Alex invited me to test on the beginning when I had no time, I never got around downloading this master of a mod in the making.
So, now with this OOO module out, I'm getting ready to re-live Oblivion.:)

And well, I'll just in join the waiting room for Alex's return.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Don't forget to check this thread and fix the mentioned stuff, like those race edits in TCOS etc.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

Done, went back and read as far as the 30th page...:)
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

:shock:
I hope you've had a nice read!

We should really make a short description of this thread and extract useful conclusions out of it. :)