WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Shikamaru
Troll

Hi Waalx ,

So I'll be waiting to use WAC when its more along in its way . But rather then silently do so I will give you my feed back to help improve this great mod .

The creatures stats : To me some have way to high of health and to high value in thier ingredients . Just needs some refining and further thought , though I must say they look amazing . In specific however , the greenies are absurd . Helath regen and magicka resistances to everything including ( the magus) normal weapons resistance. And thier placement around every doomstones .

Winged chainmail doesnt has collision ( paint brush effect) Other items have the same problem

The hanging bodies and other things don't play well with fog ( they're appearing in the distance behind the fog like lights on the bridges ( except thier not light obviously ) this is espically true with the hanging orc in the waterfront district .

anyways , just trying to be constructive ,this is great stuff man I had a black panther scare the **** out of me the other day

best wishes

Tom
Um, I dont know , I got nothing
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Waalx wrote:
Haruko wrote:having a weird issue, it says there are 80 pages in this forum, but at 76 and on it says there are no posts...
Mormacil wrote:Same here...
Same here.. but it should now be fixed :)

Lost one post of Mormacil in the process. No big deal..I know. :P
WHAT!? I go away for a week and you start deleting ym stuff? :'(

Also good to be back :)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Weird doublepost :S

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Elvallie
Fumbling Sworduser

Hairstyles and new game here... ^^u

I know this question has been covered before (many times) but I'm unable to change hairstyles and eyes colour for a nord (without beard and not Morrowind).

And, I FOLLOWED THIS MOD SINCE I SAW A SCREEN IN Bethesda Boards, I think it was like two years before, haha. :D

I love it. SUPERB work. :)
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

Shikamaru wrote:The creatures stats : To me some have way to high of health and to high value in thier ingredients . Just needs some refining and further thought , though I must say they look amazing .
There's work to be done in balancing the stuff I know. Hopefully it will be done..one day :)
In specific however , the greenies are absurd . Helath regen and magicka resistances to everything including ( the magus) normal weapons resistance. And thier placement around every doomstones .
Their placement around each doomstone is intentional. I will probably remove them from everywhere but the doomstones in fact.
Winged chainmail doesnt has collision ( paint brush effect) Other items have the same problem
Paint Brush effect?
The hanging bodies and other things don't play well with fog ( they're appearing in the distance behind the fog like lights on the bridges ( except thier not light obviously ) this is espically true with the hanging orc in the waterfront district .
the bodies that use skin shader as of now will be remade to use a zombie-fied skin textures. hopefully this should solve this.

...I had a black panther scare the **** out of me the other day
hehe

great!
:twisted:

[quote"Mormacil"]WHAT!? I go away for a week and you start deleting ym stuff? :'(
[/quote]

Yep. But consider the mental distress of MasterAub The Second, who lost all his stuff in the process! So again I say about yer post... big deal, even more since I had quoted the entire two words it contained while saying that I deleted them) :P
Elvallie wrote: Hairstyles and new game here... ^^u

I know this question has been covered before (many times) but I'm unable to change hairstyles and eyes colour for a nord (without beard and not Morrowind).
WAC hair and beards are fixed in the next version. I still have a few bugs to squash before I can release v0.05c .

I told you that I was working on RealSwords stuff in WAC a while back, and I had reports of many quivers and arrows that had wrong collision and such. It actually lead me to upgrade the whole Realswords arrow selection. Arrows of RealSwords are now at V3. It may not be very obvious but each one have been touched and as you can see more have been added..

Each arrows have a transparency effect applied to the feather, some older like Redguards and Breton didn't had that effect. Some arrows are completely revamped most obvious would be the breton magic arrows. They glow in specific places only now, not the whole object... Each arrow shaft have been remapped to get a better and clearer wood grain.

you can click on this to see them bigger. The transparency of the fletching don't show on this picture.
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Sweet! Do you need so many arrows though? Personally, I can't say which is which in-game (most of the time)...

Ah one more thing aren't the shire horses supposed to be smaller?

Are we allowed to make balancing suggestions yet?
________
Corvette cerv
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

That's what I thought, SWEEHEET! :D Those look great Waalx :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I never realised there were so many arrows! But the Treehuggers reign supreme!
Waalx
Forum Master

mitkoa wrote:Sweet! Do you need so many arrows though? Personally, I can't say which is which in-game (most of the time)...

Ah one more thing aren't the shire horses supposed to be smaller?

Are we allowed to make balancing suggestions yet?
Do I need so many? hmm. Yes?

The variety will be visible somehow even if you can't always tell. With now more than 50 arrow types in WAC + the vanilla it make lots of possibilities. Instead of always seeing NPC use the same 10 vanilla types, you get five time more possibilities. I take too much over than not enough in this situation.

In that version the arrows name have been changed to include the race name as a prefix to the arrow type name. ie: Bosmer Sparrowtail, Bosmer Bluewood Forkhead, Khajiit Forkhead, Imperial Sparrowtail, etc...
This ensure that all arrow that belong to a race will be placed together in your in-game inventory. that should also help with the confusion of so many types of arrows of which I am aware...

There's also a possibility that I will add to those name something like :
Bosmer I Seagull Bobkin
Bosmer II Goldenjar Leafhead
Bosmer III Huntinghead
Bosmer IV Swiftfly Needlehead
Bosmer V Barbedhead

This way they would be classed by race and you can also read their power rating more easily (as long as you can count between I and XV in roman numerals. Bosmer are the only one that will go as high as 15, the rest is only up to six types per races.

Beside all that; that picture already tell it's not all of it. I still need to do Dunmer, Argonian, and Altmer. So it will most probably go up to 75 arrow types in the end, or maybe more..

Shire Horses are not about Tolkien 'Shire', in case that's what you're talking about. Those Shire Horses are named like real life ones, and they are quite big in real life.

You are allowed to make suggestion since I released that WAC thing in... August 08!! :)
Mormacil wrote:Those look great Waalx :)
thanks
StarX wrote: I never realised there were so many arrows!
There was already a lot before I started reworking them, now I added at least 12 types that are completely new, and all others have been somehow remade or reworked both textures and model. That's why I consider the arrows RealSwords v3.0. RS Nord was what I was considering as RS v3.0 material, and even those arrows from the Nord module I reworked.
But the Treehuggers reign supreme!
indeed :) I see no other races that should have more arrow types.

As a note about archery...and WAC.
What you have in WAC now as Gnoll bow, that bow changed hands and is now the Orc bow in WAC v0.05c. Gnolls got a new bow of their own, more nature looking, I always felt the Gnoll bow that is in last version of WAC was too much for them anyway, it was my plan to give them something else since long. I found out that bow suit the Orc really well. The Orc quiver is textured using parts of orcish armor from vanilla Oblivion.

There was a couple of 'stray' weapons from the Arena in WAC previously. They have been removed from WAC for the time being until RS - Gladiator is done.

RS - Gladiator is advanced already, so on that you can expect me to give you a taste of it soon in pre-alpha format. I will have to check what would need to be done to release it at the same time as WAC v0.05c

WAC v0.05c is coming? Soon.

Yesterday I had this:

They play in two days in Quebec city. I'll be there too! :woot:

Rock On!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Have fun :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Lord Spyro
Steady Sworduser

kiss concert... NOT IF I STEAL UR TICKETS FIRST!!!!! :-D-) ...j/k I would give them back.. :-(

anywho nice job on the arrows I especially like the kahjiit arrows they have the proper look to them that screems A KAHJIIT SHOT ME!!! ....hmmm this gives me and idea kahjiit+LOL cat.....*opens up photoshop*

a little a off topic but im wondering does anyone know if there where bamboo arrows? :o
Waalx
Forum Master

Lord Spyro wrote:kiss concert... NOT IF I STEAL UR TICKETS FIRST!!!!! :-D-) ...j/k I would give them back.. :-(

a little a off topic but im wondering does anyone know if there where bamboo arrows? :o
KISS play outside in Quebec city and the ticket is the cost of the Festival D'été pass..45$. Quite cheap for all the show there, considering I paid much more for KISS in Montreal last Monday night.

Bamboo arrow huh? it's not actually off topic, it's exactly what I'm on at the moment. Bamboo archery. Argonians inherited bamboo as their choice of wood since it's somehow naturally waterproof. So the next 3 arrows will be Argonians and made of bamboo as well.

here are 3 of the bows, top is Khajiit (it had a problem in previous WAC now it's alright), middle is the new Gnoll, and bottom -I just made it- is an Argonian Bambow.

:)

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Those look good :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Shikamaru
Troll

Hey Waalx , The concert looked awesome lol .

The no collision I'm refering to is for instance , a winged chainmail helm picked up and drop it from your inventory and it floats where it came out , is unmovable . Just go over to that camp by Pell's gate and you'll find the Winged Chain mail helm by the butcher , along with other objects that have this issue , I'm sure its something easily fixed with the right tools ... I think :-o

I'm starting to work on some intergration patches for WAC to run alongside FCOM ( cause I'm a devout fan of both )
Just patches for leveled loot list , stats . I hope this is ok , nothing will be taking from WAC , just incorparated to blance out .

I hope I can proceed with your blessing :o
Waalx
Forum Master

Shikamaru wrote:Hey Waalx , The concert looked awesome lol .

The no collision I'm refering to is for instance , a winged chainmail helm picked up and drop it from your inventory and it floats where it came out , is unmovable . Just go over to that camp by Pell's gate and you'll find the Winged Chain mail helm by the butcher , along with other objects that have this issue , I'm sure its something easily fixed with the right tools ... I think :-o
Possible that the collision have the same bug the arrows had. Appear that newer Nifskope versions screw the collisions when saving some types of objects.. I'm forced to work with 0.95 because of that.
I'm starting to work on some intergration patches for WAC to run alongside FCOM ( cause I'm a devout fan of both )
Just patches for leveled loot list , stats . I hope this is ok , nothing will be taking from WAC , just incorparated to blance out .

I hope I can proceed with your blessing :o
I'm not sure at this point if making patches for FCOM is the best idea as WAC is still in Alpha... WHat are you working on exactly ?
I would suggest you wait till the next version at least. I'm still changing stuff and renaming things...the RealSwords material is very different now, I deleted lots of stuff, and made many new entry, new lists.
papill6n
Unsteady Sworduser

Bonjour Waalx.
Tu as fait un travail totalement hallucinant !!! :shock: Merci au noms de tous. :-)
Et bien que ce ne soit qu'une version Alpha, elle est tout de même très stable chapeau ^^.

Lorsque tu sortiras une bêta, autoriseras-tu le site "La Confrérie des Traducteurs" à traduire ton mod ?
Ils ont déjà une ton autorisation pour tes mods d'épée "Realswords".
La Confrérie des Traducteurs est une petite communauté de Traducteurs, Moddeurs et autres qui est très actives.
(exemple de traductions effectués et d'accords obtenus : l'accord de Slof, l'accord de Trollf, l'accord d'Adonnay, le mod de magie de Midas, Martigen's Monster Mod, Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina, Deadly Reflex, etc....
Tout ça pour te dire que c'est un site de confiance et de qualité, à qui tu peux te fier. ^^

Peut-être c'est créature t'intéresseront ? :

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr ... _kylin.php

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr ... atures.php

Dans tous les cas merci pour le travail énorme que tu as fourni !, Perso' moi je suis fan des petites créatures que tu as crées : les Greenies, les Schtroumpfs, ... :lol:
Shikamaru
Troll

Waalx wrote: Possible that the collision have the same bug the arrows had. Appear that newer Nifskope versions screw the collisions when saving some types of objects.. I'm forced to work with 0.95 because of that.

Yes CorePC has some simular problems with arrowheads in the MMM Crafting plugin , I know nothing of modeling so I just thought I'd let you know .
I'm not sure at this point if making patches for FCOM is the best idea as WAC is still in Alpha... WHat are you working on exactly ? I would suggest you wait till the next version at least. I'm still changing stuff and renaming things...
Right now I'm just forging some resources that'll be usefull later , i.e. Just basic balancing of stats .i.e. Wieght , Value Health . I don't mind getting started on it now , even if I have to update late , starting now will just make me that much more familiar with WAC in the fcom enviroment .

More detailed work will only come later anyhow , I.e. Creating a scale to spread out the creatues with that of the other mods as well as some minor nerfing maybe. Some optional plugins to work with the LLists . But that's ways off for sure . With all the other projects and the learning curve for me , It'll likely be post FCOM 1.0 and as you know 995 is still yet to be released officailly .

I'm toatly open to your input, ( more then likely soliciting it at times :deal: ) , I'm excited about WAC and FCOM complimenting each other. It's going to be great :D
the RealSwords material is very different now, I deleted lots of stuff, and made many new entry, new lists.
I'll half to ask dev about what his plans would be with the FCOM current realswords . Right now FCOM has RealSWords ( Atleast some of them and I think I remeber dev mentionning he's working of the NOrd REalswords ( not sure ) . Do you have any reservations about the swords being kept seperate from the other stuff , on the FCOM side of things that is ? Some thing like this could me worked out

FCOM_Realswords.esp
FCOM_WAC.esp
FCOM_WAC&RealSwords.esp

To maintain customization and unity

LEt me know what you think , and I'll cross post this to the disscusion thread at the fcom alpha site
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

papill6n wrote:Bonjour Waalx.
Tu as fait un travail totalement hallucinant !!! :shock: Merci au noms de tous. :-)
Et bien que ce ne soit qu'une version Alpha, elle est tout de même très stable chapeau ^^.

Lorsque tu sortiras une bêta, autoriseras-tu le site "La Confrérie des Traducteurs" à traduire ton mod ?
Ils ont déjà une ton autorisation pour tes mods d'épée "Realswords".
La Confrérie des Traducteurs est une petite communauté de Traducteurs, Moddeurs et autres qui est très actives.
(exemple de traductions effectués et d'accords obtenus : l'accord de Slof, l'accord de Trollf, l'accord d'Adonnay, le mod de magie de Midas, Martigen's Monster Mod, Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina, Deadly Reflex, etc....
Tout ça pour te dire que c'est un site de confiance et de qualité, à qui tu peux te fier. ^^

Peut-être c'est créature t'intéresseront ? :

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr ... _kylin.php

http://www.confrerie-des-traducteurs.fr ... atures.php

Dans tous les cas merci pour le travail énorme que tu as fourni !, Perso' moi je suis fan des petites créatures que tu as crées : les Greenies, les Schtroumpfs, ... :lol:
My french is pretty lousy, so I'm not sure what that is all about (guess he's asking persmission for something), but aren't the meshes and textures from the linked mods ripped from other games? The Kylin came from Lineage 2 and was removed from Tesnexus because it had illegal content. The other creatures look suspicious as well....
papill6n
Unsteady Sworduser

Oui pour le Kylin tu as raison, mais il a été recrée de façon légal par un moddeur français.
Mpour éviter une polémique il n'a été diffusé que sur "La Confrérie des Traducteurs".
Dazu
Steady Sworduser

StarX wrote: My french is pretty lousy, so I'm not sure what that is all about (guess he's asking persmission for something), but aren't the meshes and textures from the linked mods ripped from other games? The Kylin came from Lineage 2 and was removed from Tesnexus because it had illegal content. The other creatures look suspicious as well....
He's asking for permission to translate WAC. The links are just examples of what they have done so far. I'm French myself and although the French community exists, the good (best?) stuff comes in general from Germany, the official BGS boards and here of course :D
Si vis pacem, para bellum