WAC - Elsweyr Anequina Patch

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

This patch will add some animals from WAC into Elsweyr.
I haven't tried it yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work as intended.
Feedback is welcome, comments on possible changes also.

All original Elsweyr Anequina creatures are left on the lists, nothing is removed. Also I haven't edited Ragasha or minotaur lists, though I think that I'll maybe add some WAC goblins and gnolls, maybe ogres or maybe even regular animals. Bandits and other NPC lists are also untouched and I think I won't touch those.

Download @ Nexus

Please take screenshots of WAC animals in Elsweyr and upload them here! :)
Official release thread is HERE.
WAC - Elsweyr Anequina patch - ReadMe
This is version 0.1

0. Requirements:
This mod requires:
- Oblivion 1.2.0416
- Waalx Animals & Creatures (WAC.bsa & Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm).
- Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina. or from here on this link.
- Wrye Bash

1. Description:
This little mod adds some animal levelled lists from Waalx Animals & Creatures into some levelled lists of Elsweyr Anequina.

More detailed, there are levelled lists in Elsweyr Anequina that cover several basic regions: Savannah, Badlands, Jungle, Sand Desert, Forest, Swamp and some waters.
Here's what I added to lists:
- Savannah: cheetah, gazelle, gemsbok, generuk, zebra, warthog, pheasant, zebra horse, bongo, blue wildebeest, red lion, white lion, man eater lion, terror bird, dingo, hyena, maned wolf, black rabbit, rhino

- Badlands: cheetah, gazelle, muflon, pheasant, zebra horse, bongo, red lion, zeflon, man eater lion, terror bird, hyena, maned wolf, black rabbit

- Jungle: generuk, zebra, tiger, razorback, pheasant, panther, zeflon, wild cat, hyaenodon, jaguar, black jaguar, unicorn deer, venison, black rabbit

- Sand Desert: cheetah, gazelle, gemsbok, zebra horse, man eater lion, red lion, blue wildebeest, terror bird, dingo, hyena, maned wolf

- Forest: gazelle, gemsbok, generuk, zebra, warthog, tiger, razorback, bongo, blue wildebeest, Red lion, zeflon, man eater lion, armless, dingo, black crow, hyena, maned wolf, chipmunk, jaguar, black jaguar, unicorn deer, black rabbit

- Swamp: worthog, tiger, crocodile, panther, crabs, zeflon, equs horse, lizard, king rat, hyaenodon, cray fish, brown caiman, black caiman, jaguar, black jaguar, venison

- to various water and sea lists are added variety of sharks, crabs and crayfish, caimans and crocodiles.

2. Installation:
First, make sure that requirements are fulfilled.
- WAC is installed and Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm activated
- Elsweyr the deserts of Anequina is installed and ElsweyrAnequina.esp is activated

Now, just put WAC - Elsweyr Anequina.esp in your Data folder, start Wrye Bash, rebuild your Bashed patch and merge WAC - Elsweyr Anequina.esp into it.

If you don't know how to merge patch, check out this link:
http://wryemusings.com/Wrye%20Bash.html#MergePatches

Note: If you are not using other WAC plugins but 'Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm', you'll need to either:
- rename 'WAC.bsa' to match the name of any loaded plugin (for example 'ElsweyrAnequina - WAC.bsa')
or
- Edit Oblivion.ini (found in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion usually) by adding , WAC.bsa at the end of the line that starts with sArchiveList= ...

3. Conflicts & issues:
Currently, there are no conflicts, and if you use this mod according to instructions (merged in the Bashed Patch) - there won't be any.
I'll form possible issues section as FAQ:
1. I get missing meshes instead of the animals!
First check Installation instructions again and check that you have followed them. Maybe you use only WAC master file without other WAC plugins? In that case, read the Note in installation section.

4. Permissions:
Everyone is free to edit, merge and reupload this mod, as long credit is given.

5. Authors, credits and contact:
Author & contact:
"washington" at official Bethesda forums: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums

Waalx (http://waalx.com)
Iliana
Wrye and others that continue to support and develop Wrye Bash
TheNiceOne for help

6. Version info:
This is version 0.1

7. Version change log:
This is first version.

*** Thank you for reading***
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

You´re amazing....
Thank you so much!
BKS
Fumbling Sworduser

I am new to the forums and these projects! I cant wait to give this a try. Thanks for your hard work.
BKS
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Here's a part of Description with list of animals by region and with pictures:

- Savannah: cheetah, gazelle, gemsbok, generuk, zebra, warthog, pheasant, zebra horse, bongo, blue wildebeest, red lion(ess), white lion, man eater lion, terror bird, dingo, hyena, maned wolf, black rabbit, rhino

- Badlands: cheetah, gazelle, muflon, pheasant, zebra horse, bongo, red lion, zeflon, man eater lion(ess), terror birds, hyena, maned wolf, black rabbit

- Jungle: generuk, zebra, tiger, razorback, pheasant, panther, zeflon, wild cat, hyaenodon, jaguar, black jaguar, unicorn deer, venison, black rabbit

- Sand Desert: cheetah, gazelle, gemsbok, zebra horse, man eater lion, red lion, blue wildebeest, terror bird, dingo, hyena, maned wolf

- Forest: gazelle, gemsbok, generuk, zebra, warthog, tiger, razorback, bongo, blue wildebeest, Red lion, zeflon, man eater lion, armless, dingo, black crow, hyena, maned wolf, chipmunk, jaguar, black jaguar, unicorn deer, black rabbit

- Swamp: worthog, tiger, crocodile, panther, crabs, zeflon, equs horse, lizard, king rat, hyaenodon, cray fish, brown caiman, black caiman, jaguar, black jaguar, venison

- to various water and sea lists are added variety of sharks, crabs and crayfish, caimans and crocodiles.
Hammerhead shark, tiger sharks...
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I have edited the description with new information for those that want to use only Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm without other WAC plugins.

There are steps that need to be done in order to get WAC.bsa activated.
CharliemonsterUK
Fumbling Sworduser

I never really got on with Wrye Bash, will this ESP work on it's own?
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Yes, but the problem is that if any other mods that you use changes same thing, mod that loads later will overwrite first one so only one will work.

With Bashed Patch both (or as many as you have) mods would work and one more advantage is that this plugin would be 'merged ' in bashed patch so you would have one saved mod space extra.

In short, you can do it without it, but don't come crying for help if it doesn't work! :)

(P.S. If you don't know how to use Wrye Bash, that pictorial guide ought to be clear enough.)

P.P.S. Look for Elsweyr the desert of Anequina on this link.
Noskil
Unsteady Sworduser

Hello,

I've tried to install Wrye Bash but it no longer works on my PC. My question is : is it possible to install this patch without Wrye Bach ?
Does it will work only selecting the esp ?
If this is possible, can you telle me about the best load order for this patch ?

Sorry for my bad english guys
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Wrye Bash should work, try installing it again.

The mod will work without Bashed Patch, but it is not recommended because if anything other changes same lists only one of these two will get in game. But I think that for now, there aren't many mods that do that.

Load it after ElsweyrAnequina.esp.
Noskil
Unsteady Sworduser

Sorry, but I've been in Elswer for the first time and i don't meet any creatures of WAC, excepted a bandit...
Could Elsweyr Patch conflict with Wac-Overspawn ?

PS : remember that i have only activate the .esp Wac-Elsweyr Anequina, and I know this is bad thing, but i don't success to merge it...
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I have all the WAC esps enabled and the WAC-Elsweyr patch and I see WAC animals all over the place. In fact it is so much more dangerous now even near the roads, not that it's a bad thing. :cheese:

If you don't use a Bashed Patch it's not going to work properly I'm afraid as Washington says above.

Since there are no other screen shots in here I'm going to add them full size. A couple I've already put in the general screen shot area because I didn't think to add them here.

Red lions and Stern party. Poor guy has it tough when he's with me. :grin:

My Sable surrounded by hyenas

Cheetah in a sand storm

Gemsbok
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Noskil wrote:Sorry, but I've been in Elswer for the first time and i don't meet any creatures of WAC, excepted a bandit...
Could Elsweyr Patch conflict with Wac-Overspawn ?

PS : remember that i have only activate the .esp Wac-Elsweyr Anequina, and I know this is bad thing, but i don't success to merge it...
Open Wrye Bash.
Right-click on Bashed Patch and choose Rebuild patch.
In new pop-up window select Merge Patches and mark this mod.
Click Ok (or Rebuild, what ever)

Now wait until it is finished.

Congratulations! You have merged the mod in the Bashed patch. Now, creatures that were already spawned will stay, but after three days (or what ever respawn period one uses) or if you weren't in Elsweyr yet new animals should appear.

I think that now there isn't any reason for anyone not to use Bashed patch and for me to support it. No offence intended, but I have provided instructions and link to tutorials and I can guarantee that the mod will work if used as instructed but I cannot predict if it will work or not work if used unmerged. Depends on one's load order, mods etc...

Maigrets, there are pictures on Nexus page (which seems to be down atm) by other users and me, yours are very nice, I'd love if you'd uploaded them to Nexus page too.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Maigrets, there are pictures on Nexus page (which seems to be down atm) by other users and me, yours are very nice, I'd love if you'd uploaded them to Nexus page too.
Will do. I didn't think about it before. :) Tesnexus was down for me as well, but it seems to be back now.

Perhaps people who are uncertain about Wrye Bash should check out the Pictorial Guide for basic and advanced users at Tesnexus.
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35230

Otherwise, there's really very little else one can do to explain it any better than you already have. You've probably gone through all this at Tesnexus and elsewhere anyway. There really comes a time when people have to do some research themselves. :think: It's not that hard if one spends a little time reading the docs.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett