Big cats causing CTD.

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Admiral236236
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1990

I've just started with this mod, and it's incredible. I thought I'd got it working flawlessly with OOO but I came across a Panthera at the Ayleid ruin Ceyatatar and after it was killed my quicksaves crashed when I tried to load them. I've tested it out, and I can load my quicksaves when the panthera is around, but if I kill it and then quicksave the save becomes corrupt and crashes when I try to load it. It happens the same way with tigers too, I'm guessing big cats are screwed in general. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

My load order is as follows:

Oblivion.esm
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm
Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm
Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp
DLCShiveringIsles.esp
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp
DLCHorseArmor.esp
DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCOrrery.esp
DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCVileLair.esp
DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCSpellTomes.esp
DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp
DLCFrostcrag.esp
DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp
Knights.esp
Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp
Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp
OOO-DLT_Remover.esp
OOO-Water_Weeds.esp
OOO-WaterFish.esp
OOO-Level_Stock.esp
OOO-Magic_Script_Effect_Fix.esp
Living Economy.esp
Living Economy - Items.esp
Harvest [Flora].esp
Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp
Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp
WAC.esp
WAC - TCOS.esp
WAC - TCOS Shops.esp
WAC - Birds&Insects.esp
WAC-OOO.esp
_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp
Bashed Patch, 0.esp

For some reason when I did my load order with BOSS I couldn't see most of the male cuirasses so I had to rearrange it myself.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Please use the main WAC Sticky topic at the top in future for troubleshooting issues so it will be seen and answered quicker. That's what it's there for. :)

That WAC-OOO esp is out of date and incompatible with the current version of WAC, unless you've made a new patch yourself and it's not the old one linked on this forum. OOO itself is not compatible either, but probably shouldn't cause CTD's unless particular files have been overwritten like creature skeletons which will cause crashes.

There have been a lot of changes in the current version of WAC, including many of the creatures. I've personally had no problem with any of the cats and I haven't seen anyone mention a problem with them before, therefore they are not "screwed in general." There is an issue with Gnolls skeleton and there's a fix in the main WAC thread for that until the next WAC update.

You only mention using quicksaves. Are they the only saves you rely on without hard saves? Quick saves can very easily be corrupted which is why many people advise not to use them at all (or auto saves.) If you must use them delete them every so often, preferably each time you start your game and create a new one. Make sure you have a large number of hard saves to fall back on and not just a few in rotation, and save often. Overwriting saves is asking for trouble with the Oblivion game engine - among other things.

The only thing I can think of is because you are using OOO and WAC together there maybe some problem with the cats from both mods and one has overwritten the skeleton of other. ie I can't remember when I was using OOO if it added a custom skeleton for the cats, but it may be the cause of your CTD's.

Just a guess unless or until someone else confirms the same issues with the felines.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Admiral236236
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1990

Fair enough, I guess OOO is gonna have to go then. Btw, I meant that I thought the big cats in my game were screwed, not the entire mod, I'm not casting any doubts on the quality of the mod itself, just the quality of my load order. I'm definitely going to stop relying on quicksaves after I found that not only was my quicksave corrupted, my backup was too, silly me.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Admiral236236 wrote:Fair enough, I guess OOO is gonna have to go then. Btw, I meant that I thought the big cats in my game were screwed, not the entire mod, I'm not casting any doubts on the quality of the mod itself, just the quality of my load order. I'm definitely going to stop relying on quicksaves after I found that not only was my quicksave corrupted, my backup was too, silly me.
If you're like me I'm hoping someone will either update the OOO compatibility esp or make a new one as long as it doesn't mean I can't use all of the WAC options. :)

I've said on this forum before that I miss all the static loot (trapped chests lol ) dangerous dungeons, no level scaling and more from OOO, but I'm not going to ask someone to do what I could do myself, if I took the time to do it. Unless someone volunteered of course. Trouble is I don't want to do it myself, for several reasons, at least not on that scale.

I still have OOO installed, but not active at the present time as I keep telling myself to make an OOO only character, but I've played through with it so many times it needs something new (for me). Besides the combination of FCOM, OOO on it's own is still a mod I would hate to abandon forever. With all of the WAC components added it would be the best of both worlds. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett