RS - Gladiator v0.01 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

pre-Alpha of my arena overhaul, Gladiator is now a part of WAC.
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

The Gladiator mod is now part of WAC.

Get WAC (and it's Gladiator mod) by following this link.

viewtopic.php?t=249
nickkkchomp
Fumbling Sworduser

Freaking amazing :D !
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

yay finally woooooo :-) , downloading and installing so gonna test this into the ground... if that's possible :-o
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Good :) Need to check it out when I got time :P
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

are you kidding Mormacil? Make time, we've been waiting for this for a loooong time!! XD
More comments to come from me Alex, but for now keeping them to myself
mitkoa
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

OK, I tested the arena with a clean oblivion install, no texture packs and stuff.

I get the same FPS hit. For example when looking at The Gray Prince and Blue Gladiator training my FPS is around 30-35 which is normal for the Imperial city, a bit low for an interior. When I look towards the stand with the weapons the FPS get to about 14-17. Same FPS (14-17)in the new area with the multiple cages.

Normally the game runs at about 30-50 FPS almost everywhere except when there are lots of npcs onscreen. (then it runs at about 20-30.

I hope this helps.

I think I might have problems with the video card as sometimes I get the "videodriver stopped responding" in vista.

Oh here's my system spec so you don't have to search through old posts.
Core 2 Quad 2.4Ghz, 4 GB ram @ Vista 64, Gigabyte 8800 GT 512MB (factory overclock)
Waalx
Forum Master

Haruko wrote: More comments to come from me Alex, but for now keeping them to myself
WHAT? :P

mitkoa wrote:OK, I tested the arena with a clean oblivion install, no texture packs and stuff.
I think that what you experience is completely normal. I just went to the arena today and my framerate when in the ring can go as low as 10 FPS. thats when facing the crowd. Although I have low framerate there it's still playable, or watchable. I have Anisotropic Texture Filtering X4 forced which may not help me getting low framerate...

The weapons stand has a lot of polygons on and around it. it's completely normal it will hit your framerate as there's a lot of things to draw in that part..

I don't use a texture pack, but going in the arena I get no more than 300mb of videoram usage.
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Waalx wrote:
Haruko wrote: More comments to come from me Alex, but for now keeping them to myself
WHAT? :P

mitkoa wrote:OK, I tested the arena with a clean oblivion install, no texture packs and stuff.
I think that what you experience is completely normal. I just went to the arena today and my framerate when in the ring can go as low as 10 FPS. thats when facing the crowd. Although I have low framerate there it's still playable, or watchable. I have Anisotropic Texture Filtering X4 forced which may not help me getting low framerate...

The weapons stand has a lot of polygons on and around it. it's completely normal it will hit your framerate as there's a lot of things to draw in that part..

I don't use a texture pack, but going in the arena I get no more than 300mb of videoram usage.
sorry, like I said on the screenie forum, I don't have fraps... I want to be able to screen shot stuff that I do, but I don't really want to download fraps atm
Waalx
Forum Master

Haruko wrote: sorry, like I said on the screenie forum, I don't have fraps... I want to be able to screen shot stuff that I do, but I don't really want to download fraps atm
taking screenshot via the game itself doesn't work for you?

open your oblivion.ini file in your User/game/Oblivion directory depending on your OS that can differ.

search for:

bAllowScreenShot=0

change the value to 1, save the ini file, and now the 'printscreen' key on your keyboard should take screenshots in game. For best result with no interface, open the console before taking screens and enter "tm" (whithout quote to turn the interface and menu on or off.
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hey Alex !

I finally planted your new baby in my game, and i started a new characther just for the arena and so far i'm impressed. There's really choas in the fights :P ... Naked people running all over the place. One thing i don't like though : Most of the times, they all jump on my opponent and i can't fight it without smashing my way through the condemned and others naked people.

And that counts as a murder in the eyes of the DB... :P . Arena weapons of the shop are REALLY nice. One other bizarre thing though, take out the mices that hangs in the bloodwork. You need to kill them if you want to sleep in the bedrolls. You know the drill... ok i want to sleep. YOU CAN 'T SLEEP! STUPID NON AGRESSIVE ANIMALS ARE NEAR. WHAT THE HELL ! ... xD.

Seriously, there's still too much ghosts of the vanilla game even after a 220 mods setup . :| ...
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
Waalx
Forum Master

Conker343qc wrote:One thing i don't like though : Most of the times, they all jump on my opponent and i can't fight it without smashing my way through the condemned and others naked people.
I still have some work to do to balance the fight more...technically there should already be an order in which they attack each other. However, due to too much AI sometimes they still don't choose the right adversary. More work is needed here :)
And that counts as a murder in the eyes of the DB...
That will be solved
One other bizarre thing though, take out the mices that hangs in the bloodwork.
this is from WAC last version. The next version of WAC will not hinder the Arena mod anymore.

Seriously, there's still too much ghosts of the vanilla game even after a 220 mods setup . :| ...
I feel this is kind of normal since, it's after all, still the same game ;) Considering the Arena I think I turned that around a lot already so it doesn't look like vanilla.
dp
Unsteady Sworduser

I tested it and I just one comment.

Everything is great it improves the arena feel but why did you put 3 naked guys in the arena?
They just freak me out!!! :(
Is there a chance of removing them in the later releases or at lest give them some arena underwear?
When they charge It's like they want to gay rape me... :angry: :arg:
NoName101
Steady Sworduser

dp wrote:I tested it and I just one comment.

Everything is great it improves the arena feel but why did you put 3 naked guys in the arena?
Is there a chance of removing them in the later releases or at lest give them some arena underwear?
Waalx has already mentioned that he plans on making a nudity free plugin. And he also said read the readme.

Thanks for the wonderful swords. And helmets!
mashani
Fumbling Sworduser

dp wrote:I tested it and I just one comment.

Stick them with your sword before they stick you with theirs? :grin:
Tosky87
Unsteady Sworduser

Amazing work ! Amazing models !! Great arena improvement !!! :woot:

P.S.
Some revelation about how you plan to address the mod ? I mean... choose arena battle with 4vs4 gladiators/exotic creatures/etc or...fixed level for every match (for avoid to becoming Grand champion at lvl 1) or...quests and other similar things with "artifact gladiator gear" rewards... tell us something about the mod. :P I personally want to help by giving tips and advice for improve the mod, a GREAT MOD!!! :woot:
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Are the new arena armors available yet? I'm just under grand champion, and havn't seen any new armors, also the shop guy only sells potions, but as I go up in rank more of the swords become available as non stolen property :D
Tracinya
Reader

I'm really getting into Oblivion again... I tested Waalx Gladiator, very briefly. The FPS drop in the arena is to put it bluntly, terrible. But as you said in the readme, it's just a preview. I think the swords and armors and all that look amazing. Plus, when I walked into that place behind Ysabel I got a distinctive wow-feeling - this will be something amazing. I assumed this was where you planned to lock up the player in future versions. At first I was secretly sceptical to that idea, but now there is no doubt in my mind except for one thing: what will happen to us poor sods who use immersion mods like Real Thirst?
Waalx Gladiator will be a great mod. But for me, I'd rather play without it at this stage. The battles are a bit too chaotic, and with the FPS drop I can't even aim properly.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
Cenaria
Fumbling Sworduser

OK, I tried it. First emote when I enter to the Arena was " WTF "! Again you completely done a great work, I'm looking forward to new versions. I simply can't wait until see armors and so on...
Thanks for this mode, fights are now more realistic and with DR it's a brutal bloody tide...
Thanks Waalx, GREAT WORK!
Lee Buslett
Steady Sworduser

I really dig this mod!

Only thing is in the last few fights including the fight with the grand champion

the places where the animals and the condemn show up just vanish.

other than that

GREAT!
I have a cat named Spaghetty
hunterkitsune
Fumbling Sworduser

simply love the mod... but i do hope that all the other armor will be available in later versions thanks
"i think i need a bigger sword"