Dark Souls 2

Discuss games other than the Elder Scrolls series here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:Hello anohosikara.. :)

:-D-) At least you have the game and when you do have time to play, get ready for frustration, pain, rage and then a lot of fun and enjoyment. :grin:
LoL now those are some nice Holiday wishes you gave. :grin:
I know...lol It's the game I can't stop playing and the only game that makes me rage at times, usually due to my own mistakes.

I just checked and I have 713 hours played on record. :cheese:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote: I know...lol It's the game I can't stop playing and the only game that makes me rage at times, usually due to my own mistakes.

I just checked and I have 713 hours played on record. :cheese:
Now that is a sure sign that you indeed really like the game. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Dark Souls 2 music video. Very well done I must say, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets flagged for using copyright music. Maybe he has permission. :-o
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL not really my kind of music, but it was still funny to watch. Especially that moment where some one opened that door and that brigth red player stood there dancing. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL not really my kind of music, but it was still funny to watch. Especially that moment where some one opened that door and that brigth red player stood there dancing. :grin:
Not my style of music either by a long stretch but it had a good beat for the video style. That red guy was an invader, :ninja: but I gather it was arranged so he wasn't trying to kill them, although he did get pancaked. :grin:

That butterfly outfit poisons anyone who comes near, including NPC's and it also extends jumping range. It's got me in trouble a few times and I only use the cuffs. With one of my characters I forgot to take them off when I visited the blacksmith and the level up lady and I had to pay over 200,000 souls to the Pardoner to reset the NPC's to non-aggressive. :-(
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Not my style of music either by a long stretch but it had a good beat for the video style. That red guy was an invader, :ninja: but I gather it was arranged so he wasn't trying to kill them, although he did get pancaked. :grin:
Now that is one way to thank some one who just helped in making a funny scene. "Hey thanks for the help ... here is a big wooden stick" ... how rude. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:That butterfly outfit poisons anyone who comes near, including NPC's and it also extends jumping range. It's got me in trouble a few times and I only use the cuffs. With one of my characters I forgot to take them off when I visited the blacksmith and the level up lady and I had to pay over 200,000 souls to the Pardoner to reset the NPC's to non-aggressive. :-(
Well I have no idea if that is a expensive way of saying sorry, but I will stick with ... yes it is.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:That butterfly outfit poisons anyone who comes near, including NPC's and it also extends jumping range. It's got me in trouble a few times and I only use the cuffs. With one of my characters I forgot to take them off when I visited the blacksmith and the level up lady and I had to pay over 200,000 souls to the Pardoner to reset the NPC's to non-aggressive. :-(
Well I have no idea if that is a expensive way of saying sorry, but I will stick with ... yes it is.
The game has a "Sin" mechanic where if you aggro, or more specifically, kill NPC's you suffer repercussions. It's not something I do intentionally and I think the 200,000 cost came from possibly threatening other NPC's with the poison without realizing it. In hindsight I should not have gone to the Pardoner as the NPC's weren't actually aggressive to me though they did warn me so I realized what was happening in time, and I could have saved myself all those souls.

The Pardoner NPC can only remove the aggro from from NPC's if you make them hostile, but doesn't lower the actual sin level. That's what the Blue Sentinels are for. You also can't get to the Pardoner until a fair way into the 1st half of the game so any accidental or intentional NPC incidents can be costly or potentially game breaking.

Actually I just looked it up and discovered that it costs 1000 souls per character level which I'm not sure about since my character wasn't, and is still not level 200. There must be something more involved but since it's the first time it's happened to me I never bothered checking on how it works. Whatever...lol. It's a learning thing.

If you kill NPC's and accrue sin points you can be hunted down by "blue" invaders or Arbiters...members of the Blue Sentinels Covenant. It's more likely to happen in NG+ though which is where I am now. You would need 10 points or more of sin before they start coming for you. Invading other players as a red invader and killing them also adds to sin and at the point I am now I am going to join the "Blues" and start hunting down some of these %$#@!! who invade me and kill me with OP gear, especially magic.

I often think to myself that I'll try invading another poor soul in their game to see what it's like, but then I remember how much it aggravates me when I get invaded and always at the most inopportune times. I don't always get killed, sometimes I win, but I just don't want to do that to some other player, especially newbies who some trolls go after for fun. The way to do it for me is with the Blue Sentinels so I can dish out justice to these murdering scum. Hopefully.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

So the "Blue" invaders are some what like a security force ... hunting down and punishing the Red Invaders. :)