Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Hmmm, thanks for that info. I'm glad I came here before installing as I was just about to do so before I played. I think I'll wait until Thomas has ironed out all the problems and use it on another character. Knowing Skyrim and that it's not as easy to make huge changes to important things as as it was in Oblivion (mostly) I'm a bit wary. Thomas knows what he's doing though so I'm sure he'll sort it out.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I was using an ENB for some time now and it looked great, but today i found one that i like even more already. I do not need URWL and Imaginator with this one any more. :)

SG ENB - performance Friendly

Here are some screenshots from my game.

Whiterun 1

Whiterun 2

Whiterun 3

The Bannered Mare

Since i use texture replacers it may vary in looks for you people, but it looks really good ingame. Also the DoF is not from SG ENB, but from this mod...

Encryptions Exaggerated Depth of Field
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

ENB is wonderful graphic. :)

I use The Wilds ENB.
However, it is very heavy. lol
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL yeah it is, which is why i decided for a ENB v108 ENB mod. And SG ENB does not slow down my game, and it looks awesome in my opinion. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Now here's something I really needed since the game came out. I hate that every time you talk to someone or just pass them by it starts a quest whether you want it or not, and the log just gets filled with crap. Even if you refuse a quest via dialogue it still gets added to the list. I've been avoiding certain areas this playthrough because of that and now I don't have to. :-)

The Choice Is Yours - Fewer Forced Quests
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/26359

Related to our discussion about scripts in other threads this is also a problem with the game and stability because the more quests you have in your log the more the game has to keep track of every time you load the game and as it progresses.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Here is a mod i found today, and the results of this mod looks really great ingame...in my opinion that is. :happy:

Windsong Skyrim Beauty Project
Maigrets
Admin

WOW, Dogtown1 has been banned at the Nexus. :shock: I'm glad I got Skyrim Monster Mod V10 when it came out as it's under moderation now.

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/ ... n1-banned/
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Darn this person is extremely talented. 'Rock On!'

Medusa Drakul Armours and Thanatos Dragon

The Drakul Armour is not one i would use with Dar'PRaehar since he is a Werewolf. But i actually never ever tried playing a Vampire character, so who knows my next character will be one. suck And the Medusa Armour looks really awesome as well. As for the Thanatos Dragon mod which replaces Odahviing...WOW :woot:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Darn this person is extremely talented. 'Rock On!'

Medusa Drakul Armours and Thanatos Dragon

The Drakul Armour is not one i would use with Dar'PRaehar since he is a Werewolf. But i actually never ever tried playing a Vampire character, so who knows my next character will be one. suck And the Medusa Armour looks really awesome as well. As for the Thanatos Dragon mod which replaces Odahviing...WOW :woot:
Yes, I downloaded that as soon as I saw it. I'm scared to try it, (and some other mods), though since the textures are so hi-res.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: Yes, I downloaded that as soon as I saw it. I'm scared to try it, (and some other mods), though since the textures are so hi-res.
Well i have used Armours from this author before and never noticed a drop in FPS, and i use a lot of texture replacers. Granted among those replacers are only 1 or 2 HiRes replacers and i use Optimizer Textures, so that does help as well. I am also not worried about the Thanatos Dragon, since it replaces Odahviing, that Dragon will only be there when summoned. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I am also not worried about the Thanatos Dragon, since it replaces Odahviing, that Dragon will only be there when summoned. :)
The game still loads the textures into memory every time at game start whether they are used or not. Whether or not you use a summon or a piece of armour etc in a play session doesn't really matter, the game has to load it in case you do.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:The game still loads the textures into memory every time at game start whether they are used or not. Whether or not you use a summon or a piece of armour etc in a play session doesn't really matter, the game has to load it in case you do.
Well i did not know that part, but my game runs smoothly so i am not worried. And that is with a 108 mods installed and all the optimized textures. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:The game still loads the textures into memory every time at game start whether they are used or not. Whether or not you use a summon or a piece of armour etc in a play session doesn't really matter, the game has to load it in case you do.
Well i did not know that part, but my game runs smoothly so i am not worried. And that is with a 108 mods installed and all the optimized textures. :)
It's a bit like with Oblivion where everything in the data folder is loaded at game start, even inactive esps and any files like textures and meshes etc associated with them. If it's in the Data folder the game uses it which is why it so important to remove unused or unwanted mods files. And #*&%#*# annoying sometimes when sorting out a mod problem.

Anyway, co-incidentally after two years I've just re-installed Oblivion which took all day with setting up mods etc and I'm enjoying it so far. I'd forgotten the sudden stop when becoming over-encumbered though...lol. I picked a mushroom and that put me over the edge. :grin: Thank goodness for summoned chests.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:It's a bit like with Oblivion where everything in the data folder is loaded at game start, even inactive esps and any files like textures and meshes etc associated with them. If it's in the Data folder the game uses it which is why it so important to remove unused or unwanted mods files. And #*&%#*# annoying sometimes when sorting out a mod problem.

Anyway, co-incidentally after two years I've just re-installed Oblivion which took all day with setting up mods etc and I'm enjoying it so far. I'd forgotten the sudden stop when becoming over-encumbered though...lol. I picked a mushroom and that put me over the edge. :grin: Thank goodness for summoned chests.
I have on occasion thought about installing Oblivion, but always ended up not doing so. And it is indeed a whole lot of work to set OB up the right way. As for the encumbrance...did you try to pick a lost Telvanni house. :)
Maigrets
Admin

As for the encumbrance...did you try to pick a lost Telvanni house. :)
lol...took me a few moments to realize what you meant. /duh!

Actually it didn't take as long as I thought to get it all set up and so far I'm glad I did as after all this time it seems like a new game...almost. At least I remember all the tricks and tips to get things working well and I've been playing around in the CS which I enjoy as much as the game. I was going to go for FCOM again but changed my mind so far and I'm using this very good overhaul. It didn't exist last time I played.
Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/42780

Sadly, at the present I can't get myself interested in playing Skyrim which is why I reinstalled Oblivion and have been playing other games. Oblivion has a lot of quest and adventure mods, which Skyrim doesn't yet so there's enough to keep me interested atm.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That mod does look pretty interesting ( Bookmarked it. ) so who knows, i might find the will to go through reinstalling OB again in the future.

As for Skyrim...well i hat/have times where i did/do not feel like playing it for a while, but then i got Dawnguard and last week i bought Dragonborn myself. Together with Mod changes, the game looks and plays really good right now in my opinion. But i only just started Skyrim again with Dar'Praehar and the new Mods i added, so he is still just level one. Also i do not play Skyrim every day( Although now i have all the time for it. ), i also play Diablo 3, and that is in my opinion a very good game despite what people might report on other websites. ( But then again i have played Diablo 1 and 2 so i am a old time fan of the series just like i am with the TES games. :) )

But i also saw this mod today, and i might try it out with a new character in the future. ( After i finished the game with Dar'Praehar. )

Wrath of Nature
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

This is the mod i mentioned in my post with my new load list of the mods i am using.

It got mentioned by TinyLampe on the Bethesda forums, and it looks indeed as if it is not very well known. But from what i read in the readme and now have seen a small bit already ingame, it is a very interesting and well thought out mod. ( In my opinion that is. )

Combat Remastered
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:This is the mod i mentioned in my post with my new load list of the mods i am using.

It got mentioned by TinyLampe on the Bethesda forums, and it looks indeed as if it is not very well known. But from what i read in the readme and now have seen a small bit already ingame, it is a very interesting and well thought out mod. ( In my opinion that is. )

Combat Remastered
The Combat Overhaul does look very interesting. While I like the version of SkyRe that I use, it does change things I don't want changed which makes it just as well that it's modular. I also think sometimes the people making these overhauls get into the realms of "overkill" and take things too far the opposite direction restricting things for the sake of it, not necessarily for better game play.

I also like the look of Nature's Wrath but I haven't read through all the Docs yet.

Skyrim...I've watched a couple of Let's Plays of both Dawnguard and Dragonborn and neither really engage me enough to buy them in the near future. Maybe whenever they release a GOTY edition. I'm finding that having played Oblivion again there are more things that annoy me in Skyrim than Oblivion. Both Oblivion, and before that Morrowind were my main games for years and years, yet I've almost lost all interest in Skyrim after one year and a bit. I seem to have lost the faith, BGS have lost the
true feel of their own series or both. :-o

As far as Oblivion goes...I don't know how long it will last and I'm not doing any vanilla quests and stuff, so far, but I am seeing things I wish were in Skyrim, and things I'm glad are not and visa versa. I had issues with several things with Oblivion, (mainly tools like OBMM etc), and Windows 7 security features which really pisses me off at times, :???: but got everything going in the end. Every damn thing has to run as Admin with privileges. I can't even move files without it telling me I need permission and I'm the only one who uses my PC. ;-(( ;-(( I've been so tempted to disable the UAC totally, but it's there for a reason so I'll leave it. Just takes so much longer to do anything sometimes.

I've been playing Far Cry 3 which is very, very good with a beautiful open world and lots to do, Two Worlds 2 with it's massive overhaul mod (excellent) and I also got Assassin's Creed 3 on sale, however I'm not that impressed with it. I've only played an hour but it feels more like an interactive movie with very minor action by me. I'll persevere with it I guess, for the story if nothing else. At the end of the month comes Bioshock:Infinite which I've prepaid and then I may get Metro: Last Light so Skyrim will get further and further back.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:The Combat Overhaul does look very interesting. While I like the version of SkyRe that I use, it does change things I don't want changed which makes it just as well that it's modular. I also think sometimes the people making these overhauls get into the realms of "overkill" and take things too far the opposite direction restricting things for the sake of it, not necessarily for better game play.
Agreed.
Maigrets wrote:I also like the look of Nature's Wrath but I haven't read through all the Docs yet.
Yeah it is looking good indeed. :)
Maigrets wrote:Skyrim...I've watched a couple of Let's Plays of both Dawnguard and Dragonborn and neither really engage me enough to buy them in the near future. Maybe whenever they release a GOTY edition. I'm finding that having played Oblivion again there are more things that annoy me in Skyrim than Oblivion. Both Oblivion, and before that Morrowind were my main games for years and years, yet I've almost lost all interest in Skyrim after one year and a bit. I seem to have lost the faith, BGS have lost the
true feel of their own series or both. :-o
And again i agree that Skyrim is no where near how Oblivion and Morrowind felt. Morrowind will always be the best Elderscrolls game i have played. As for the DLC's well i got Dawnguard as a present so i have not lost any money on that one myself. I am almost certain that i will still like Dawnguard for what it adds and all, but i doubt that it will feel like a TES expansion. As for Dragonborn...well that one might do it. From what i have read about it, it starts after you have visited the Greybeards and that they acknowledge you as the Dragonborn. That seems to get the attension of the Dragonborn main antagonist Miraak. And you get to see Morrowind and Solstheim...so it could have the potential to feel like a TES expansion, we will see. :)
Maigrets wrote:As far as Oblivion goes...I don't know how long it will last and I'm not doing any vanilla quests and stuff, so far, but I am seeing things I wish were in Skyrim, and things I'm glad are not and visa versa. I had issues with several things with Oblivion, (mainly tools like OBMM etc), and Windows 7 security features which really pisses me off at times, :???: but got everything going in the end. Every damn thing has to run as Admin with privileges. I can't even move files without it telling me I need permission and I'm the only one who uses my PC. ;-(( ;-(( I've been so tempted to disable the UAC totally, but it's there for a reason so I'll leave it. Just takes so much longer to do anything sometimes.
Yeah Oblivion has its good sides and bad sides. ( Which game does not. ) As for the UAC...well i always have it disabled because i have no use for it what so ever. I know what i do and i have my computer well protected...not 100% mind you. ( No one can do that for 100% )
Maigrets wrote:I've been playing Far Cry 3 which is very, very good with a beautiful open world and lots to do, Two Worlds 2 with it's massive overhaul mod (excellent) and I also got Assassin's Creed 3 on sale, however I'm not that impressed with it. I've only played an hour but it feels more like an interactive movie with very minor action by me. I'll persevere with it I guess, for the story if nothing else. At the end of the month comes Bioshock:Infinite which I've prepaid and then I may get Metro: Last Light so Skyrim will get further and further back.
Poor Skyrim. :twisted:

But i have not played Far Cry 3. Two Worlds 2 certainly looks good, and i tried to see if the game stores in my home town hat it...but they did not. They even mentioned that it was even difficult for them to order it for me. But Game Mania opened again so i might go and ask them if they can get TW 2 for me...we will see. As for Bioshock...that brings back memories, it has been a long time since i played that one. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I think you can now get Two Worlds 2 on Steam. I got the Game of the Year Edition on DVD which comes with the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion which is like a separate game in itself. I've played through it all vanilla which took around 60+ hours and now I'm playing through with the World Merge Overhaul which incorporates the main game, the expansion and the multiplayer maps into one huge game. Plus it adds a lot of other new content, re-balances a lot of things and makes it harder but you can choose a lower difficulty. I'm currently at around 80 hours on this playthrough and have a LONG way to go.

This is a link to the World Merge mod just so you can see how expansive it is. You don't have to read it of course :P but it shows how much work went into it....and that's without a real editor like the CK or the CS like TES games have.
http://www.insidetwoworlds.com/showthread.php?t=33839

It really is worth it, particularly with the World Merge addon which was all done by one person, but does incorporate some other mods from other people. The game has mixed reviews and it has it's flaws, but a lot of people forget that the developers are a very small company. The main issue I and others have had is with DirectX 10 which seems to be a bit buggy at times, but that's only been very infrequently where DX10 stops working for some strange reason and you get a black screen. You can play with either DX9 or 10, but it looks even more beautiful with DX10.

When I get around to it I'll make a topic about it and show some screenshots of the game. Ironically, I'm one of the people who actually liked the first game and that was either a love or hate it thing.

Re Bioshock...when I pre-ordered the new game I got a Steam code to download the 1st game for free which I did. I played a bit of it years ago when it first came out but not much. It's actually pretty good as well.