Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I was relieved monster MOD since it has been in a legal content.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Well i need to try the version of Ironman5000 sometime in the future, maybe once i can restart after having reinstalled everything again on my computer.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I highly recommend this mod. Helgen Reborn.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35841/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

Excellent voice acting, a good series of quests and you get to rebuilt Helgen as well as take the fight to the Thalmor. At the end you get a tower of your own in the village which has different banners and other things depending on your stance in the civil war, or even if you're independent. It's like a well made DLC on it's own.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Here's another new quest/adventure mod which looks to be very good. Just watching the excellent trailer makes me eager to play which I will be doing tonight after I defeat Alduin and before heading back to Solstheim. Who needs more Official DLC when we have modders making superb mods like this, as well as some of the other profession quality quests and adventure mods with better writing, voice acting and design, not to mention less if any bugs.....IMHO of course. :)

The Lost Wonders of Mzark
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36317/ ... 0017&pUp=1
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ohww that deffinitely looks awesome, going to download it. But i am waiting for Extra Werewolf Perks to be updated so that it can work together with the new version of Moonlight Tales before i start installing mods. Thanks for the link Maigrets. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Ohww that deffinitely looks awesome, going to download it. But i am waiting for Extra Werewolf Perks to be updated so that it can work together with the new version of Moonlight Tales before i start installing mods. Thanks for the link Maigrets. :)
Yes, I just finished it last night and there are plenty of hair raising moments and well crafted puzzles. It's very well done and must have taken ages to set up. Not a complaint about the mod, but I had to turn music right down as the combat music was starting to drive me mad. There are immortal enemies you have run past many times when searching for things, as well as other normal enemies, solving puzzle elements and trying not to die...lol. I was very impressed, but glad to get out of the dungeon in the end...only because it started to feel claustrophobic and like I'd been in there forever and it was quite a few real time hours. You can actually leave and return up to a certain point near the end, but I wanted to finish it.

Another thing I found today for my next mage playthrough which also looks very impressive.

Spell Crafting for Skyrim

I downloaded it after watching Gopher's video which explains all the options very nicely:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JS3cr7g ... Eg&index=3
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ohww that one does look great as well, that brings back memories of the spells i sometimes made in the previous TES versions. :)
Maigrets
Admin

The werewolf models and textures in my screenshot, plus a beautiful new outfit. Have to optimize those textures though as I did with the werewolf before I even try it or my PC will hate me.

Raven Witch Armour and Apex Werewolf.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36497/ ... w%3D&pUp=1
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL i found that armour mod a few minutes ago as well and wanted to place a link here as well. :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets here is the link to WTFus mod "Extra Werewolf Perks". :)

Extra Werewolf Perks
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Maigrets here is the link to WTFus mod "Extra Werewolf Perks". :)

Extra Werewolf Perks
Thanks. :) Seems like it will be soon according to the comments. Keeping an eye on it.. :woot: Can't wait to try out Moonlight Tales and now I don't know if I want to be a werewolf or a werebear....
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL me neither, mainly because i do not know yet what would happen to the Companion quest line should i decide to be a werebear for instance. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Damn it... ;-(( I had a post typed out and clicked off the wrong tab when wanting to link a mod... :angry: Oh well here we go again...

Anyone here tried Frostfall or Realistic Needs and Diseases or other survival mode mods? I like the idea of a more hardcore, environmental survival way of playing as long as it doesn't get too restrictive. I have wondered at times about all the abandoned camps with bedrolls, cooking equipment and all the useless food etc in Skyrim and whether or not Bethesda thought about a survival mode as many people wanted and still want, but like the proper Civil War questline, was dropped for whatever reason...like the 11:11:11 deadline. Something like the hardcore mode Obsidian added in FO New Vegas would have been nice.

I've watched Gopher's excellent vids and his playthrough of Dragonborn, even though I had already played it and am back there again now. I like to get other people's perspectives and impressions on games I play for my own amusement. Anyway, he uses Frostfall and it seems to be quite restrictive, so what I'm saying is I don't really want something like that to be the main focus of gameplay, but to enhance it.

I remember I used a "needs" mod in Morrowind and quite enjoyed it at the time. Even though I'm not a strict role player like many people I like the idea of more immersion and a reason sometimes to actually think about role playing more. I don't eat or sleep or anything like that in game because there's no reason to except for sleep bonuses, which I don't get as a werewolf anyway. Even cooked food is useless in the vanilla game as the bonuses do virtually nothing of real benefit.

If it were in the game, (or via a mod) it would always be there and need to be planned and thought about not pretended in the absence of the real thing. I have a very good imagination, but self imposed restriction for the sake of role play isn't for me and isn't something I could keep up as my willpower to persist with it would give out very early. Now I've probably insulted role players everywhere with that comment, but to be truthful this game isn't really that immersive unless you pretend and have the will to stick with it and then for me it becomes more of chore than enjoyable.

Obviously I can, and probably will try them myself, but just wondered if anyone here had done so and what they think about it. :)

EDIT: I have read through all of Chesko's web page on Frostfall (and other survival mods) which is very well set out and I'm leaning towards the hardcore mode.
https://sites.google.com/site/skyrimsur ... /frostfall

...On another note since I'm playing through Dragonborn again at the moment. A couple of mods I installed for a bit of extra flavour in Solstheim...

Cliffracers on Solstheim. Not the aggressive, annoying kind, but you can shoot them down and they have ingredients for Cliff Racer stew. :shock: I've seen and heard them already...brings back some memories.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36321/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

Solstheim - The Lost Levels. Adds caves and plants from the Morrowind expansion as well as a few quests. Fits in very well as though it was meant to be there.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36017/ ... w%3D&pUp=1
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I am not really a fan of those survivor mods, i tried one for a time in Oblivion...forgot it's name but it was/is a very widely used and popular mod for Eating/Drinking/sleeping in Oblivion. So no i do not have experience with Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases.

But i did use this one with Nydaoni before and will do so again once i start installing mods again.

Diseased - diseases system overhaul

Not sure if it can be called a survival mod, but it makes the disease system a whole lot better and dangerous. But if you like to go Hardcore in your gameplay, ever thought of using Dragon Combat Overhaul? If you thought Dragons from Deadly Dragons where dangerous before, then wait untill you get into a fight with one while using DCO. :twisted:

I will take a look at those two mods. ( Although Immersive Creatures already adds Cliffracers, i just do not know if it does so in Solstheim? )

EDIT: A quote from Lifestorock on the forum page from Cliffracers on Solstheim...
Yes, I included Phit's Cliffrace mod into SIC. The SIC esp for the DLC2 Dragonborn also places them around Solstheim. That explains why hideaki411 is seeing them without this mod.
So i do not need to use Cliffracers in Solstheim, when i use Immersive Creatures. ( Not sure yet if i will install Ironman5000 version of Monster Mod instead. )

EDIT 2: Almost forgot about this replacer, it very much improves the vanilla hair from Skyrim, and i will deffinitely install it once i begin with...well installing mods. ( There is a 1k version as well. :D )

Superior Lore-Friendly Hair - HD textures
Maigrets
Admin

I'm already using Dragon Combat Overhaul and it really makes fights worthwhile and more realistic when you think about giant beasts that fly, spit fire and ice and more, and are supposed to be immortal to all but Dragonborn. I just wish it would stop them from flying off and attacking mudcrabs instead of me...lol, but that's the way it's always been. Dragonrend FTW though.

Also been using the hair textures since release and they look fantastic in game. As good as any other hair mod, so much so you wouldn't think they were vanilla hairstyles. You can actually see them on my followers in one of my latest screenshots, although not very closeup.

re Frostfall etc...it's not that I really want to go absolute hardcore, but just need a bit of extra flavour in the game or something to feel like I'm roleplaying a bit more and not just dungeon delving. I actually downloaded the mods, but have been thinking about it since and wonder if I want to get into that much micromanagement after all. Frostfall has a lot of options from easy to hardcore and it can be uninstalled safely.

I'll think about it a bit...which probably means I won't bother as it's one of those things that sound interesting but can be a chore rather than fun. The main issue with these things is they only affect the player, and really, when I think about it why do I want to limit myself when NPC's are unaffected. Having systems like this affect NPC's as well would be impossible unless put in the base game by the devs so it's all one sided.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I'm already using Dragon Combat Overhaul and it really makes fights worthwhile and more realistic when you think about giant beasts that fly, spit fire and ice and more, and are supposed to be immortal to all but Dragonborn. I just wish it would stop them from flying off and attacking mudcrabs instead of me...lol, but that's the way it's always been. Dragonrend FTW though.
Well ApolloDown mentioned that Dragons should target you more then other creatures, but it is also my opinion that they still target others more then they should. So that has not been solved compared to vanilla indeed...oh well. :) ( I wonder when he will release version 8. )
Maigrets wrote:Also been using the hair textures since release and they look fantastic in game. As good as any other hair mod, so much so you wouldn't think they were vanilla hairstyles. You can actually see them on my followers in one of my latest screenshots, although not very closeup.
I will be sure to take a look. :)
Maigrets wrote:re Frostfall etc...it's not that I really want to go absolute hardcore, but just need a bit of extra flavour in the game or something to feel like I'm roleplaying a bit more and not just dungeon delving. I actually downloaded the mods, but have been thinking about it since and wonder if I want to get into that much micromanagement after all. Frostfall has a lot of options from easy to hardcore and it can be uninstalled safely.

I'll think about it a bit...which probably means I won't bother as it's one of those things that sound interesting but can be a chore rather than fun. The main issue with these things is they only affect the player, and really, when I think about it why do I want to limit myself when NPC's are unaffected. Having systems like this affect NPC's as well would be impossible unless put in the base game by the devs so it's all one sided.
That is exactly my point, in the end you are spending to much time with staying warm...finding food and drink, a place to sleep. Those things are easily solved but still. The Disease mod i linked to is okay in my opinion, since you do not get a disease every game day. Although at the beginning of the game you have more risk to get one. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Well ApolloDown mentioned that Dragons should target you more then other creatures, but it is also my opinion that they still target others more then they should. So that has not been solved compared to vanilla indeed...oh well. :) ( I wonder when he will release version 8. )
It is better then vanilla, but I had a dragon a few nights ago that I used dragonrend on and I missed him the second time. He then proceeded to fly away to the top of a mountain to kill, I presume, a troll or something. He (or she) never came back, but just kept chasing other things. It wasn't the only one, but as I said it is better than vanilla and I imagine changing their AI to focus solely on the player wouldn't be that easy.
The Disease mod i linked to is okay in my opinion, since you do not get a disease every game day. Although at the beginning of the game you have more risk to get one. :)
If you're a werewolf, and I suppose vampires but I never play as one, you don't have to worry anyway except like you say at the start. There's one advantage of being a monster... :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
The Disease mod i linked to is okay in my opinion, since you do not get a disease every game day. Although at the beginning of the game you have more risk to get one. :)
If you're a werewolf, and I suppose vampires but I never play as one, you don't have to worry anyway except like you say at the start. There's one advantage of being a monster... :grin:

LoL there is indeed. :grin:

As i mentioned in the video section, here is the mod i use for the Skill menu to make it look better. I only use the textures, not the sounds.

NEW HD textures for INTERFACE and sounds
Maigrets
Admin

As i mentioned in the video section, here is the mod i use for the Skill menu to make it look better. I only use the textures, not the sounds.

NEW HD textures for INTERFACE and sounds
Looks nice but I'll leave it for the moment. Like I said I spend little time in the Skills menu so graphics don't matter much. thanks

Two mods I've been using for awhile now and really like.

Belt Fastened Quivers - put your quiver at waist level and also has new drawing animations. Ironically, I play almost exclusively in 1st person so I don't really see the animation, or the quiver placement, but it looks good if I play in 3rd person just running around for awhile.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35717/ ... w%3D&pUp=1

Footsteps Sounds Overhaul - took a bit of getting used to since I use headphones, but now I can't imagine playing without it. It uses vanilla sounds that weren't implemented so you have different sounds depending on where you walk, eg snow, wood etc and also has sounds for armour and weapons and more. Affects NPC's as well.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/35467/?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

The quivers mod i do not use, i do not know why but it seems quit a unatural movement for an archer to me. But then again i never practiced Archery seriously enough to know much about it. :)

As for FSO, yeah it was at first part of SPO and that one i have used with Nydaoni before and it is amazing alright, and i will certainly install both FSO and SPO in my new game. The reason i never mentioned it here is because at that time rohwerK was still regularly changing things in SPO, and it was still not a final version so to speak. :)