Recommended Mods

Post mods you have found and recommend, are working on or have released. Also get mod help here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels, have you tired this werewolf perks mod? Just wondering since the other one you linked doesn't look like getting an update soon according to the comments and WTFus says he's burnt out on modding at the moment.

This one seems like a good alternative and is also recommended by the MT team.
Bloodmoon Rising
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22611/?

I'll be reinstalling on Thursday (and probably Friday before I get it all back together), after I pick up the Legendary Ed and I don't want to wait on an update to start a game to try out the mods I've downloaded that require Dawnguard....lol.

I downloaded Skyrim Immersive Creatures as well. I like Monster Mod but IC looks to have a lot of extra interesting content. Plus, it includes a mod I already use called Armoured Skeletons and Walking Undead (and the Cliffracers) so that would be another esp or two I don't need.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:Fessels, have you tired this werewolf perks mod? Just wondering since the other one you linked doesn't look like getting an update soon according to the comments and WTFus says he's burnt out on modding at the moment.

This one seems like a good alternative and is also recommended by the MT team.
Bloodmoon Rising
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/22611/?

I'll be reinstalling on Thursday (and probably Friday before I get it all back together), after I pick up the Legendary Ed and I don't want to wait on an update to start a game to try out the mods I've downloaded that require Dawnguard....lol.

I downloaded Skyrim Immersive Creatures as well. I like Monster Mod but IC looks to have a lot of extra interesting content. Plus, it includes a mod I already use called Armoured Skeletons and Walking Undead (and the Cliffracers) so that would be another esp or two I don't need.
Yeah i have seen Bloodmoon Rising, i might try it out in the future. But for now i have my mind set to use other werewolf mods, like MT. :)

Skyrim Immersive Creatures is a really great mod, you can not go wrong with it in my opinion.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Yeah i have seen Bloodmoon Rising, i might try it out in the future. But for now i have my mind set to use other werewolf mods, like MT.
Bloodmoon Rising is recommended to be used with MT for the perks. I'll be using MT as well.

And for a laugh...this just released. I won't be using it but it did make me chuckle. :grin:

Braith Race - with the power to annoy.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36842/?
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: Bloodmoon Rising is recommended to be used with MT for the perks. I'll be using MT as well.
Well i will see, what i decide about which one to use with MT. :)
Maigrets wrote:And for a laugh...this just released. I won't be using it but it did make me chuckle. :grin:

Braith Race - with the power to annoy.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36842/?
I will also not use, but it has a funny side to it i guess. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Shame that it has no Female version yet, it might be light armour but it does not mean a warrior can not wear it. Oh well there is always a future character. :)

Armour Of Intrigue
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Shame that it has no Female version yet, it might be light armour but it does not mean a warrior can not wear it. Oh well there is always a future character. :)

Armour Of Intrigue
It does look very good indeed. I'm waiting on a female version before I download.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

my two cents on Frostfall if you are still thinking about it:

excellent mod. I tend to avoid this kind of features as I find them more annoying than immersive, but this one in particular is so customizable and well designed that merely adds to the experience without detracting from it at all.

the flip side of the coin is that it's an heavily scripted mod, and you know what that means in Skyrim... too many of such mods and stability starts to become an issue without any single mod being at fault on its own. ( I'd avoid wet&cold and footprints for this reason for example )

here's my current LO, man waiting for tropical skyrim 1.2 is hard XD thanx Fessels for making me discover OBIS btw! excellent mod, the additional bandit factions really add a lot of variety and remember me of FCOM which is always good :D
spoiler:
[xml]
00 Skyrim.esm
01 Update.esm
02 Dawnguard.esm
03 HearthFires.esm
04 Dragonborn.esm
05 Skyrim Project Optimization - Full Version.esm
06 Solstheim Climate Overhaul.esm
07 JSwords.esm
08 Ket_ARMONIZER_v2.esm
09 Omegared99-Compilation.esm
0A SkyMoMod.esm
0B SPIKE.esm
0C HighResTexturePack01.esp
0D HighResTexturePack02.esp
0E HighResTexturePack03.esp
0F Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp [Version 1.3.2c]
10 Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp [Version 1.2.2]
11 Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp [Version 1.1.0]
12 Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp [Version 1.0.3]
13 Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp [Version 1.1.2]
14 fantasy music overhaul - tropical edition.esp [Version 1.1.0]
15 Skyrim Shadow Striping Fix.esp
16 TradeBarter.esp
17 83Willows_101BUGS_V4_LowRes.esp
18 BirdsHFclean.esp
19 Birdsofskyrim.esp
1A ClamsDropPearls.esp
1B Dead Body Collision.esp
1C DFB - Random Encounters.esp [Version 1.1d]
1D fFastTravelSpeedMult_4.esp [Version 1.0]
1E High Level Enemies.esp
1F High Level Enemies - Dawnguard.esp
20 High Level Enemies - Dragonborn.esp
21 ImprovedFishBASIC.esp
22 Immersive Battles.esp
23 Immersive Brigands.esp
24 Immersive Dawnguard.esp
25 Immersive Dragonborn.esp
26 Immersive Factions.esp
27 Immersive Mercenaries.esp
28 Immersive Patrols.esp
29 Immersive Travelers.esp
2A Immersive Werewolves.esp
2B skyBirds - Airborne Perching Birds.esp
2C Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp [Version v6.0]
2D Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp [Version v6]
2E Traps Make Noise.esp
2F Convenient Horses.esp
30 SkyUI.esp
31 iHUD.esp
32 DragonbornArmorFix.esp
33 hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
34 JSwordsDistributionBalancePlugin.esp
35 Omegared99-WeaponSets.esp
36 Standard-15Percent.esp
37 IA6npc01.esp
38 Lock Overhaul.esp
39 DeadlyDragons.esp
3A ERSO 06 - Wait More Time Dragon Encounter x3.0.esp
3B Monster Wars.esp
3C SkyRe_Main.esp
3D SkyRe_Combat.esp
3E SkyRe_CraftingFix.esp
3F SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
40 SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
41 SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
42 SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
43 UniqueWeaponsRedone.esp
44 Unique Uniques.esp [Version 1.3]
45 SkyRe Script Fix v1.2.esp
46 ESFCompanions.esp [Version 0.2.1]
47 Hunting in Skyrim - No Perks.esp
48 Immersive Events.esp
49 OBIS.esp
4A OBISDB.esp
4B Bandit Patrols.esp
4C Radiance.esp
4D Run For Your Lives.esp [Version 1.2.2]
4E When Vampires Attack.esp [Version 1.0.2]
4F Solstheim - The Lost Levels.esp
50 The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp [Version 1.2.4]
51 towBlockSteal.esp
52 AchieveThat.esp
53 BarbasLessAnnoying.esp
54 Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp
55 Immersive Weapons.esp
56 qotsafans LeveledLists Patch.esp
57 Ket_ARMONIZER_LListsNPC.esp
58 More Salt Please.esp
59 More Salt Please - Dragonborn addon.esp
5A NonEssentialChildren.esp
5B SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
5C SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp
5D SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp
5E dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
5F dD-DG-DB-MonsterMod EBT Patch.esp
60 TheChoiceIsYours.esp
61 TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp
62 Thieves Guild Requirements.esp
63 aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
64 AMB Glass Variants Lore.esp
65 SoundPropagationOverhaul.esp
66 FootstepsSoundsOverhaul.esp
67 Tropical Skyrim.esp
68 DB_TS_SkaalTropicalOutfitNormal.esp
69 SummerSolstheim.esp
6A SummerMushrooms.esp
6B dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
6C Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
6D Enhanced Soul Trap.esp
6E DragonCombatOverhaul.esp
6F DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
70 The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
71 GDO_Plugin_SkyRe.esp
72 dD-No Spinning Death Animation.esp
73 3DNPC.esp
74 Inconsequential NPCs.esp
75 Slightly Reduced Distance NPC Greetings.esp
76 EMCompViljaSkyrim.esp
77 EMViljaInSolstheimAddOn.esp
78 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp [Version 2.3a]
79 SkyRe_Races.esp
7A AS-GDO Patch.esp
7B SkyRe-SkyTEST.esp
7C HLE-IW Patch.esp
7D Merged Patch.esp
7E Bashed Patch, 0.esp
7F Automatic Variants.esp
80 ASIS-Dependency.esp
81 PreASISPatch.esp
82 ASIS.esp
83 PostASISPatch.esp
84 ReProccer.esp
85 qotsafans Miscellaneous ReProccer + Destruction Tweak Atronach 50 Patch.esp
86 ReProccerDragonborn.esp
[/xml]
Maigrets
Admin

Gekko64 wrote:my two cents on Frostfall if you are still thinking about it:

excellent mod. I tend to avoid this kind of features as I find them more annoying than immersive, but this one in particular is so customizable and well designed that merely adds to the experience without detracting from it at all.

the flip side of the coin is that it's an heavily scripted mod, and you know what that means in Skyrim... too many of such mods and stability starts to become an issue without any single mod being at fault on its own. ( I'd avoid wet&cold and footprints for this reason for example )
Yeah, I think I'll leave it for the time being. I've had a couple of bad experiences with script overload and therefore save corruption, and I already have some have heavily scripted mods.

Plus, I want to add back a couple of quest mods I'd like to play again a bit later....Helgen Reborn for one...an excellent mod all round and Wyrmstooth, also excellent.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Although not much is shown from what can happen in game it does look from the reactions that it is a good quest mod. It also seems that your character does not need to be a high level character before you can start this quest, i think i am going to install this one together with The Lost Wonders of Mzark and Solstheim - The Lost Levels. :)

The Shadow of Meresis
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Although not much is shown from what can happen in game it does look from the reactions that it is a good quest mod. It also seems that your character does not need to be a high level character before you can start this quest, i think i am going to install this one together with The Lost Wonders of Mzark and Solstheim - The Lost Levels. :)

The Shadow of Meresis
Yes, I downloaded that one and it does look interesting.

Be ready to pull your hair out with Lost Wonders of Mzark... lol It's very well done and the puzzles are good. I enjoyed it very much.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Be ready to pull your hair out with Lost Wonders of Mzark... lol It's very well done and the puzzles are good. I enjoyed it very much.

LoL i will remember that advice. :grin:
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

just thought of a nice combo you guys could try if you're interested:

1) Skyrim Flora Overhaul basic edition
2) Seasons of Skyrim - Springtime Overhaul ( unpack bsa and overwrite SFO assets in order to avoid visual oddities )
3) Grass on Steroids
4) Project Grassification

this is also the correct load order. my reasoning is, grassification makes the game look mighty gorgeous but people rightly complain that it also adds grass to snowy areas. springtime overhaul removes snowy areas. this should turn the game into a lush paradise without completely changing the feel like tropical skyrim does, and also with no performance hit :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I have tried that combination for a while and it does look good, but i now prefer Summer Skyrim 3.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

that's also a nice mod, however the summer skies module makes sunlight waaaaay too bright ( is it enough to just nerf the bloom a lot with tes5edit to fix that ? ) and I also hear it has LOD issues i.e. faraway textures are still snowy ( I've noticed this with summer solstheim, I think summer skyrim has the same isssue.. )
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Gekko64 wrote:that's also a nice mod, however the summer skies module makes sunlight waaaaay too bright ( is it enough to just nerf the bloom a lot with tes5edit to fix that ? ) and I also hear it has LOD issues i.e. faraway textures are still snowy ( I've noticed this with summer solstheim, I think summer skyrim has the same isssue.. )
Its brighter then some yeah but that is something i got used to, also do not forget...the mod is called "Summer Skyrim 3" for a reason. :) And i never used Summer Soltsheim, and i never will either. Solstheim is pretty heavily influenced by the eruption from Red Mountain.
Maigrets
Admin

This looks nice, although I don't think it would work with Cover Khajiit textures.

Furpaint - Tattoos for Khajiit
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/36946/ ... w%3D&pUp=1
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

It does look good, and considering the link to the Better beast Races mod i also doubt that it will work with Cover Khajiit.

Despite the fact that i think it looks good, there are two things about the mod for me personally. The first one is that my characters are not bare chested, so the fur paint would not show at all...or at best only the arm tattoo's. And the second reason is more important for me...the tattoo's are way to sharp for something done to Fur?

But putting those two points aside for a moment, it was about time that some one made a mod like that for Khajiit...because they where sadly lacking when it comes to Tattoo's.
Maigrets
Admin

Despite the fact that i think it looks good, there are two things about the mod for me personally. The first one is that my characters are not bare chested, so the fur paint would not show at all...or at best only the arm tattoo's. And the second reason is more important for me...the tattoo's are way to sharp for something done to Fur?
Good points...lol. I only really like the paw print on the chest and maybe the arm one but I'd probably never see them on my characters either for the same reason, although I don't have a Khajiit at the moment. Someone did mention in the comments about the sharpness which I agree with after looking at it again, but the author said he would try and do some better textures. It would be better as a type of warpaint rather than tattoo on fur, but it doesn't matter anyway if it doesn't work with Cover Khajiits whose fur looks more real.
Maigrets
Admin

Mod to fix Serana sneaking, remove her ice spike spells and importantly for me stop her resurrecting every dead body she comes across, even chickens and spiders. Haven't tried it yet but it's in my list for the next play time.

Sneaky Serana
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/25131/?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I have it bookmarked just in case i have need of it with a future character. As for raising the dead...i can understand spiders, but chickens. :grin: