RealSwords WACSHOP





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 2nd, 2014 
The Second
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Jul 3 2009
Posts: 377
Location: Paris
Gender: Male
Born in: 1970
Good evening everyone the Animallica mod makes me wanna go back to skyrim. Has the author included an MCM menu so we can pick and choose lore friendly animals? Right now the lore friendly pack is missing some of the greatest animals and the none lore friendly is really not lore friendly...I know I am asking to much.

The other way would be to edit the animal list myself...

In anycase I might go back to Skyrim only because of this mod.

_________________
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 3rd, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
MasterAub wrote:
Good evening everyone the Animallica mod makes me wanna go back to skyrim. Has the author included an MCM menu so we can pick and choose lore friendly animals? Right now the lore friendly pack is missing some of the greatest animals and the none lore friendly is really not lore friendly...I know I am asking to much.

The other way would be to edit the animal list myself...

In anycase I might go back to Skyrim only because of this mod.


Good evening to you to, or in my case good afternoon... :)

No, it doesn't have the MCM but the author is still working on additions so it may happen in the future. It is worth it though, and speaking for myself, after playing the game for several years I don't really care so much about lore friendly. Even so I find most of the animals, or at least what I've seen don't look out of place. I haven't been everywhere yet though so maybe that will change.

The animals are very well done with nice textures, and I like how they have a different look to anything else. The lions and tigers don't just look like retextured sabre cats and the other canines look different to dogs and wolves, and they look great.

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 4th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
I only just discovered today that Moonlight Tales was updated in September. This version is not compatible with Werewolf mastery but Bloodmoon Rising or another perk mod can be used. I always become a werewolf so this is a nice surprise. It says it's fine to overwrite the old version, but since I use Werewolf Mastery I think I'll wait until I start another character.

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 4th, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
WHAT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WM, THAT @($&*#$...oh wait i am not playing Skyrim at the moment and if i restart then i will simply make a character that does not become a Werewolf. :grin:

But for future play troughs, i do hope it will become compatible again.

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 4th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Fessels wrote:
WHAT NOT COMPATIBLE WITH WM, THAT @($&*#$...oh wait i am not playing Skyrim at the moment and if i restart then i will simply make a character that does not become a Werewolf. :grin:

But for future play troughs, i do hope it will become compatible again.


I don't know why it was changed and I didn't really read up on the changes, but the version I'm using works perfectly fine so I'll stick with it for the time being. The only issue I have is it doesn't re-eqiup my gear after a forced transformation, but it does if I choose to transform myself. It's nothing really.

I must say I'm actually enjoying playing again after a long break and especially since my game is stable..fingers XXXX'ed. I'm even doing the Dawnguard DLC again even though I hate Serana, but when she annoys me I "SHOUT" at her and that shuts her up for awhile. When she gets up from the floor...lol.

AceeQ's Summer Overhaul is absolutely beautiful, bright and colourful with lots of variation.

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 20th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
I don't know when I'll get back to Skyrim, but I'll probably just play a bit just to see this fantastic new mod in action. This is how wolves should have been, beautiful noble creatures rather than scruffy, half starved monsters. There will be patches for Immersive Creatures and Animallica and other mods coming soon. :happy:

Also included is a companion wolf called Lola who can be found in the Drunken Huntsman and I'll definitely be recruiting her as long as she's compatible with Garm and Inigo package and script wise.)

They look too cute to kill, but as it happens I am a werewolf and using Werewolf Mastery so I can make them friendly to me. Otherwise there are mods that can do the same thing since one of my bugbears with most fantasy rpg's is they make wolves, which are normally timid creatures, into ravenous killing machines that attack anything on sight.

I'd love to see Krittakitty do something with the sabrecats to make them look better, not like square blocks, but maybe something like that will come later.

True Wolves of Skyrim
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59 ... w%3D&pUp=1



Video:


_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 20th, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Those great looking wolves al right, bookmarking for the future. :)

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 21st, 2014 
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 7 2009
Posts: 432
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Female
Born in: 1955
I have downloaded it just so I can endorse his work :D

I loathe the generic perception of wolves as they are one of my favourite animals. I did not know there was a mod that changed their behaviour - I must find it :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 21st, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Ailsa wrote:
I have downloaded it just so I can endorse his work :D

I loathe the generic perception of wolves as they are one of my favourite animals. I did not know there was a mod that changed their behaviour - I must find it :)


I went back through some of the early comments and found out what they are called.

One With Nature You can tame other animals as well with this one and is probably the one I would use. It has a lot more options.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54090/?

Then there's Primal Fear This one uses a torch to scare away predators but they will still hunt you and attack when the torch goes out.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58050/?

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 21st, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Maigrets wrote:
I went back through some of the early comments and found out what they are called.

One With Nature You can tame other animals as well with this one and is probably the one I would use. It has a lot more options.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54090/?

Then there's Primal Fear This one uses a torch to scare away predators but they will still hunt you and attack when the torch goes out.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/58050/?


I knew about "One with Nature" but Primal Fear looks really interesting al right. It makes them act more realistic.

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: October 22nd, 2014 
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 7 2009
Posts: 432
Location: United Kingdom
Gender: Female
Born in: 1955
One with Nature is my choice. I am sorry but I have never seen documented proof of wolves wasting their time hunting humans :D Thank you so very much for the links Maigrets, you are such a dear person <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 1st, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
A new werewolf mod raises it's head...lol. It's a lighter version of Moonlight Tales. Compatible with any mod including Werewolf Mastery.

It has an improved..ie working re-equipper, which is something that never worked for me, at least after a forced transformation. Also has some animations by Bethesda that were never used in the game and more. No Werebears though, but I prefer the Werewolf myself. Lots of new skins and eyes as well as the Apex Werewolf by Zerofrost. Some features like the Lunar transformations and the music are not in there but personally I don't mind that much.

Also little to no impact on performance and no constantly updating scripts. Requires FINIS which I've never actually used, but there's always a first time.

Anyway, for the Werewolf enthusiasts:
Moonlight Tales - Werewolf Essentials by Spwned
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59 ... w%3D&pUp=1

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 1st, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Now that looks really good, has fewer scripts and can be used with anything ... nice. :)

But I am concerned about FNIS, I seem to remember reading a thread somewhere in 2013 that FNIS has its own bugs that could cause somewhat nasty effects? Granted it was just an unconfirmed rumour and it is more than a year ago ... so even if it was true then it could have been solved by now.

Either way ... bookmarked for the future, thanks Maigrets. :)

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 7th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Some news that interests me in particular and anyone who likes SkyRe. :ninja:

On the 11th of this month (unless that changes) T3nd0 is releasing his successor to SkyRe called Perkus Maximus. It won't be so all encompassing and game changing as SkyRe and will have far less perks, some of which really didn't work that well, or at all. It's currently in Beta and being tested as well as shown in gameplay videos on Youtube.

This mod has been in progress for a long time, well over a year, but I somehow haven't seen it before, or forgot about it if I did. :-o

Will be compatible with everything and won't need the ReProccer (I believe). It is also not a difficulty mod. As stated by T3nd0:
Quote:
Y'guys need something to handle difficulty, since PerMa (as most of you hopefully realized when reading my posts) is _not_ a difficulty mod. PerMa alone has vanilla diffculty with fancier mechanics, but stuff such as AI are not covered.


So you can use your favourite difficulty mods, including modules from SkyRe (but not the main mod), or other mods entirely.

Link to T3nd0's FaceBook development page for more detail:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perkus-M ... 6007477567

In the meantime I am going to be familiarizing myself with Mod Organizer. I like the idea of it and it has profiles where you can have different load out for different characters. Wrye Bash does this too, but not quite the same way. I like the way MO keeps your mods completely separate to your data folder and some of it's other features.

Gopher has a video here on how to set it up:


_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 8th, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Hmm that sounds really promising, but I wonder if he will stop working on the old SkyRe version once Perkus Maximus is a stable release. Personally I would understand if he did so in the end, but if he does I can guarantee that many people will complain about it. ( Despite being able to use modules from SkyRe. )

Personally I am going to keep an eye on his facebook page. :) As for Mod Organizer ... yeah as mentioned before when I decide to play Skyrim again I will also look into Mod Organizer.

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 8th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Fessels wrote:
Hmm that sounds really promising, but I wonder if he will stop working on the old SkyRe version once Perkus Maximus is a stable release. Personally I would understand if he did so in the end, but if he does I can guarantee that many people will complain about it. ( Despite being able to use modules from SkyRe. )


I was under the impression he gave up updating SkyRe last year to concentrate on Perkus Maximus. I admit I will probably be one of those trying the new mod and then every other difficulty mod to try to get the same feel as SkyRe, and then just reverting back to it anyway. I would like to not have to use the ReProccer, not that it's hard or anything like that, but new armours and weapons all need adapting to SkyRe values and if they are not, it can be a problem.

As he says PM is vanilla difficulty, but with some fancy enhancements, so a balancing mod, as much as a difficulty mod would be essential because playing at vanilla "balance" is not going to happen unless some of those fancy things he's doing are magical. Edit: Magical as in miraculous, not spells..lol

Quote:
Personally I am going to keep an eye on his facebook page. :) As for Mod Organizer ... yeah as mentioned before when I decide to play Skyrim again I will also look into Mod Organizer.


Yeah, I've been reading through the S.T.E.P pages for Mod Organizer and my eyes started to glaze over before I got to halfway down the page with all the options etc.
http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer

It seems like a powerful tool but after my initial enthusiasm I may change my mind since it's going to mean a lot of re-organizing, moving mods and reverting the Data folder to vanilla etc. It would probably be easier to reinstall the game, but I'm not prepared to do that since it means cleaning mods again as well as using Texture Optimizer on most of them. I don't keep backups from Texture Optimizer because I keep all the original archives and it takes up extra space. That's too much messing around for me when I may only bother playing to try out the newer mods, and I am definitely not going to persist with the game if it's not stable or as stable as a modded TES game can get.

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 11th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Out now...Perkus Maximus, the successor to SkyRe. :happy:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59 ... w%3D&pUp=1


There's quite a bit of documentation and I skimmed over it (for now) while downloading, but I really, really like the sound of this mod. PerMa is much more than perks and the only thing needed, and maybe it's not really necessary now, is a difficulty mod.


EDIT:

PerMa Compatibility Patches
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59257/?

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 11th, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Maigrets wrote:
Out now...Perkus Maximus, the successor to SkyRe. :happy:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59 ... w%3D&pUp=1


There's quite a bit of documentation and I skimmed over it (for now) while downloading, but I really, really like the sound of this mod. PerMa is much more than perks and the only thing needed, and maybe it's not really necessary now, is a difficulty mod.


EDIT:

PerMa Compatibility Patches
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59257/?


I agree it definitely looks like it will be very good ... as for perhaps not needing a difficulty mod ... hmm maybe. For now I will keep an eye on the Nexus thread for a while to see how it goes. :)

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 12th, 2014 
Admin
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Oct 2 2008
Posts: 1557
Location: Australia
Gender: Female
Born in: 1954
Fessels wrote:
I agree it definitely looks like it will be very good ... as for perhaps not needing a difficulty mod ... hmm maybe. For now I will keep an eye on the Nexus thread for a while to see how it goes. :)


I think perhaps there will be a few small problems that need ironing out since it's such a huge mod, as well as discovering what is compatible and what is not. Several mods have already been updated with patches though, for example Apocalypse Spells, which I haven't actually used before but am going to try out.

The Patcher is an issue for a lot of people and it's more intensive than the SkyRe ReProccer, so I've read. Java 8, 64bit seems to be required even though on the PerMa page it says v7 is sufficient. Most of the folk with issues though are running it though Mod organizer or NMM, both of which have memory limits. There have been solutions posted for those. I guess I'll find out when I go to try it.

I'm not in a hurry to play as I'm still playing other games, but I've gotten as far as removing mods from my game that I never use, or replacing them with updated versions, ie Moonlight Tales, but haven't installed PerMa yet. By the time I get around to it things should have settled down and any major issues sorted out.

The modules from SkyRe (not the main esp) will be my choice of difficulty mod, just enough for a challenge but not enough to be annoying since Skyrim's combat isn't exactly great no matter how mods try to improve the AI. At least they are much better than Bethesda's idea of Legendary difficulty by making enemies damage sponges and the player made of paper.

_________________
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recommended Mods
PostPosted: November 12th, 2014 
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Dec 24 2010
Posts: 1451
Location: Netherlands
Gender: Male
Born in: 1969
Maigrets wrote:
I think perhaps there will be a few small problems that need ironing out since it's such a huge mod, as well as discovering what is compatible and what is not. Several mods have already been updated with patches though, for example Apocalypse Spells, which I haven't actually used before but am going to try out.

The Patcher is an issue for a lot of people and it's more intensive than the SkyRe ReProccer, so I've read. Java 8, 64bit seems to be required even though on the PerMa page it says v7 is sufficient. Most of the folk with issues though are running it though Mod organizer or NMM, both of which have memory limits. There have been solutions posted for those. I guess I'll find out when I go to try it.

I'm not in a hurry to play as I'm still playing other games, but I've gotten as far as removing mods from my game that I never use, or replacing them with updated versions, ie Moonlight Tales, but haven't installed PerMa yet. By the time I get around to it things should have settled down and any major issues sorted out.

The modules from SkyRe (not the main esp) will be my choice of difficulty mod, just enough for a challenge but not enough to be annoying since Skyrim's combat isn't exactly great no matter how mods try to improve the AI. At least they are much better than Bethesda's idea of Legendary difficulty by making enemies damage sponges and the player made of paper.


Those reasons combined are the reason I am keeping an eye on the Nexus thread. When such a big mod comes out then there will always be trouble for the first few weeks or so. As for the Java requirements ... well I am some what surprised that it seems to require version 8? ( My system is 64 bit so that part is okay. :) )

_________________
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 478 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
cron

©2011 RealSwords and related material are copyrighted work of Alex Brisson aka waalx. All models and textures are freely distributed to be used in the game Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion only.
The Chronicles of Steel and the stories they compiled are copyrighted work of waalx and the Realswords team. No other uses of the models, textures, texts, and images are permitted.
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group