Ailsa's attempts at screen-shooting

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Ailsa wrote:Lol - my computer chair is the most comfortable place in the house, plus it is the closest place I can be to get to the bathroom which makes it an ideal place to be when I am under the weather :D Because I have a bad back my family gave me this specially designed chair to support me and help me keep my body straight ^_^
I know pain al to well myself, albeit not because of a bad back. But it is good you have a special designed chair, it should indeed help to cope with it better. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Ailsa wrote:Lol - my computer chair is the most comfortable place in the house, plus it is the closest place I can be to get to the bathroom which makes it an ideal place to be when I am under the weather :D Because I have a bad back my family gave me this specially designed chair to support me and help me keep my body straight ^_^
I hope you feel better soon too. Image I can empathize with the back problem, although my computer chair is the most uncomfortable one in the house...lol and doesn't help it. I need a new one someday when I can afford it.

An 8 hour Skyrim marathon. Awesome. :-)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Sadly there appear to be no really good mods to have a Drow character. I know, I know they are not native to Tamriel but I have loved them since D'rzzt (?) There is a social forum I frequent where my avatar is dressed as a Drow and one of my friends has fallen for him in a big way and has made me a doll of a female Drow and sent it to me from Canada (so sweet). She has even started reading some of the on-line books about them which I have never done.

The mods there are make some sections of the game un-playable, like becoming a werewolf or a vampire, and though I don't generally rush to do either I like the option to be stable with whatever race I use.

Using the Birthsigns mod I have adapted a Wood Elf to be a passable Drow (for my imagination at least) so that I can take screen shots to send to my friend :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:Sadly there appear to be no really good mods to have a Drow character. I know, I know they are not native to Tamriel but I have loved them since D'rzzt (?) There is a social forum I frequent where my avatar is dressed as a Drow and one of my friends has fallen for him in a big way and has made me a doll of a female Drow and sent it to me from Canada (so sweet). She has even started reading some of the on-line books about them which I have never done.
Yeah there is as far as i know only about 1 page with Drow related mods, but they do not jump out. I am no expert on Drows, but i do know them as dangerous enemies from the Icewind Dale and Baldurs Gate and Neverwinter Nights saga's. Maybe one day a mod author will turn up who is also a huge fan of the Forgotten Realm world.
Ailsa wrote:Using the Birthsigns mod I have adapted a Wood Elf to be a passable Drow (for my imagination at least) so that I can take screen shots to send to my friend :D
Well Drow are very sneaky so that should fit quit well i guess. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Actually considering how many race mods there are for Oblivion it's surprising there aren't more for Skyrim. Maybe it's not as easy to do or something. :-o
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Actually considering how many race mods there are for Oblivion it's surprising there aren't more for Skyrim. Maybe it's not as easy to do or something. :-o
That is also a possibility.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

To add to my tale of woes I now have Acute Cellulitis with all the lovely side effects of the medication to deal with :angry: Apparently the abscess in July let this bacterial infection into my foot and ankle. Officially I should be in Intensive Care with a drip but the local hospital is being investigated over several fatal cross-infections so my doctor decided that I would be safer at home shit

Maigrets
Admin

Sorry to hear you're having more problems piled on top of everything you're already dealing with. :-(
Officially I should be in Intensive Care with a drip but the local hospital is being investigated over several fatal cross-infections so my doctor decided that I would be safer at home
Hmm. :think: I don't know what to say to that. I was a nurse for over 30 years and it's a horrifying thought to be safer at home than hospital, but I've seen things over the years that make me think the same way. Cross infections especially fatal ones, should never happen..at all, or extremely rarely. Accidents happen, but that's bad management on many levels.

re screenshots:
spoiler:
Ailsa, I don't want to be the downer here and I hate doing this, but please remember no full frontal nudity, including bare boobs. The shot at the springs is the one I mean.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=902

I know the violence vs nudity issue is one of those "gray" and stupid areas, but people will get all uptight over nudity before violence. Sad but true.

The main thing is this isn't my forum, I'm just care taking so I'd rather not deal with any flack that may or may not occur. Some people nitpick for the most ridiculous reasons and I don't want Alex (Waalx) to have any reason to be concerned, especially if complaints go to him instead of me about things that could be easily sorted out. Alex does look in at the forum fairly often even if he doesn't say anything.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Sorry to hear you're having more problems piled on top of everything you're already dealing with. :-(
So am i. :-(
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I don't understand how to do that Maigrets *sad and feeling stupid*

Thank you both - some of the side effects of Clarithromycin are moderately horrendous too *yuck*
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I don't understand how to do that Maigrets *sad and feeling stupid*
I'm not sure what you mean. :) No need to fell sad or stupid and I didn't intend that. If it's about what I wrote in the spoiler tags...I sent you a PM.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I don't know how to do spoiler tags here ^_^
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:I don't know how to do spoiler tags here ^_^
When using the full editor, just select the text you want in spoiler tags and then click on the spoiler button. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you Fessels.

Having a bad day today o_O
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Ailsa wrote:Thank you Fessels.

courage
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I don't know how to do spoiler tags here ^_^
Tags aren't actually what I was asking for as I explained in the PM, but let's leave it at that for now. :) As far as spoiler tags you can also type
spoiler:
before your text and then
after it if you need to use them.

I'm feel like I'm coming across as the bad guy now especially since real life is getting you down. :-(
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:
Ailsa wrote:Thank you Fessels.

courage
This, i realize it is easier to say then to do but that is what is necessary. If you constantly feel down and depressed, then sooner or later your body will start to react to that state of mind and then it will take longer to heal. Since 4 years i suffer from Erysipelas, and in those 4 years i hat 7 attacks of it. After the sixth time in January 2012 it took about 2 and a half months to heal, and because it was the sixth time in about 3 years i got really down about that and it took a long time to get over it. Colleagues, friends and family helped me by keeping my spirit up, by telling me to keep thinking about the positive things in my life. Again that is not easy to do at first but it will get easier sooner then you think.

When i got the 7th attack of Erysipelas by the end of last year i even ended up in the hospital for a while, but because i kept thinking positive and because of the great treatment in the Hospital, it was healed in about a month. I have not hat an attack for a about a year now. So try to keep up courage and stay positive as best as you can Ailsa, as weird as it may all sound right now it will help you in the long run. :)

PS: I hope i did not go to far with this post, if so then please forgive me.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you both.

That looks horrendous Fessels, and I am delighted that you recovered so well the 7th time *offers hugs*.

Maigrets you are one of the best of the good-guys so don't worry at all. I have enjoyed knowing you across several forums over the years and hope to continue to do so for a long time to come :D

Update on my condition - I need another month at least of medication but progress is being made slowly. One of the long list of side effects is depression and I am seriously intolerant of all the treatments for depression, which means I have to find a day when I am ready to jump into the black hole and find the light on the other side. I have done it many times and I will again, however it would help if I didn't live alone and my friends and family had less busy lives - but they are happy and I want them to stay that way :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:Thank you both.

That looks horrendous Fessels, and I am delighted that you recovered so well the 7th time *offers hugs*.
Well that was not exactly why i mentioned that but thank you, right back at you. Image
Ailsa wrote:Update on my condition - I need another month at least of medication but progress is being made slowly. One of the long list of side effects is depression and I am seriously intolerant of all the treatments for depression, which means I have to find a day when I am ready to jump into the black hole and find the light on the other side.

Side effects suck al right, why can they not come up with medication that has less side effects. ( said by a non pharmacist mind you all. )
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Thank you both.

Maigrets you are one of the best of the good-guys so don't worry at all. I have enjoyed knowing you across several forums over the years and hope to continue to do so for a long time to come :D

Update on my condition - I need another month at least of medication but progress is being made slowly. One of the long list of side effects is depression and I am seriously intolerant of all the treatments for depression, which means I have to find a day when I am ready to jump into the black hole and find the light on the other side. I have done it many times and I will again, however it would help if I didn't live alone and my friends and family had less busy lives - but they are happy and I want them to stay that way :D
I know all about depression. I've been suicidal a few times, a few years ago was the worst partly because of job stress after a back injury at work, and other issues and partly because it's familial. I also live alone albeit with my dog who is more of a support to me than my human family, but that's another story. The first thing a general practitioner wants to do is hand out the pills mainly because I don't think they really know how to handle depression and I never got on well with therapy. Meds made me feel like a zombie and I lost all interest in anything but staring into space basically which kind of defeats the whole purpose. They say it will get better as the meds kick in but it never seemed to and some of the drugs make things worse. I managed to handle it on my own because like you I have no support, but I used my blog to write about it a few times which was cathartic in some ways even if no-one read it. I think, for me just recognizing that I was depressed helped me slowly climb out of the black hole, which sometimes isn't clear until it gets bad, especially when you're on your own.

It might not seem like it now but it will get better. Taking about it does help when sometimes nothing else will even if it's to someone you never met on a forum. In fact I think it's often better with people you don't know personally as they don't judge like close family or friends will often do. Don't ever feel that it's not real or just "a phase" that you have to just "pull yourself together" as I've been told.

If you need someone to talk to we're here. Image