Ailsa's attempts at screen-shooting

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Over the years I have known many sufferers and we all hate the phrase "pull yourself together" - though one time it made me so bleeping angry that I was surprised when the next day I awoke in a very "alive" frame of mind and wanting to punch my way out of it all LOL Sometimes anger can be a useful tool if you have learnt how to control and guide it :D

When my mother was warned last year that her recovery from a mis-prescribed long term med would be hard she was also so angry that she recovered better than expected - and the doctor still hides from the 84 year old woman when he sees her coming LOL

Thank you so much ^_^ *hugs*
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Ailsa wrote:When my mother was warned last year that her recovery from a mis-prescribed long term med would be hard she was also so angry that she recovered better than expected - and the doctor still hides from the 84 year old woman when he sees her coming LOL
LoL make sure you mother never gets hold of a baseball bat before she visits her doctor. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

LOL :D I might do that :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I have discovered that the zero armour rating issue I am having with 2 of my characters was an early Skyrim bug and that no-one appears to have found a solution ever. I even managed to find the thread on the Nexus forum (though I forgot to keep the link :-( ) Every other place I have posted asking for advice and help on this issue has gained no response at all - no wonder I feel totally invisible at times :-( LOL Three other characters are having no trouble at all with their armour rating :o

If anyone has any ideas or thoughts I would be fascinated to hear them - pretty please with cherries on top astar
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

This is the first I've heard of this bug. :-o

Is there anything different the affected characters have done that the others haven't? Different mods for those characters, or have you have a bad crash and possibly corrupted the saves? Is it actually zero rating or negative numbers because there are several links about negative numbers, but not really how to fix it.

I know the Marked for Death shout can cause followers armour rating to be permanently damaged if they are hit with it, but that doesn't help the player issue. I'm afraid I don't know what to do about this, but I will research it more for you.

EDIT:

Try a couple of suggestions on this page where people seem to have the same or similar problem:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2680155

Specifically this one by "dossidier":
"Try this: Make sure you aren't doing anything to increase your AR (remove all armor, wait for any spell to expire). Bring up the console using tilde and try the console command: player.forceAV DamageResist 0

That should reset AR to 0, then you just equip/cast what you had before and it should work normally.
I'll still look around in case this doesn't fix it because that would annoy me no end. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you so very much Maigrets, you are a dear :)

I only crash after about 5 or 6 hours play-time :P I have verified everything through Steam and I always run Boss, Bash and FNIS (version 4 Beta) before I start playing each time :) even though I haven't added or removed anything. I started doing the Boss and Bash routine in the days of Oblivion :D and the habit stuck :cheese: This is actually the most stable my Skyrim has ever been.

Hmmmmm - I have tried removing all armour, clearing (waiting for all effects to pass) and waiting an in-game week to see if that changed anything. In fact it was the first thing I tried when this issue first arose. It is only 2 characters, the other 3 are fine so far - and they all have the same mods available. I will definitely try that console technique :)

BTW - for lovers of Khajits I very highly recommend a follower called Inigo from Nexus. He is absolutely superb and the voice acting is amazingly good. It is this modder's first mod too which I find very impressive :D I added him yesterday and he is going to be a permanent fixture from now on despite not quite working right with EFF. He might even inspire me to try to be a Khajit :-)
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Thank you so very much Maigrets, you are a dear :)

I only crash after about 5 or 6 hours play-time :P I have verified everything through Steam and I always run Boss, Bash and FNIS (version 4 Beta) before I start playing each time :) even though I haven't added or removed anything. I started doing the Boss and Bash routine in the days of Oblivion :D and the habit stuck :cheese: This is actually the most stable my Skyrim has ever been.

Hmmmmm - I have tried removing all armour, clearing (waiting for all effects to pass) and waiting an in-game week to see if that changed anything. In fact it was the first thing I tried when this issue first arose. It is only 2 characters, the other 3 are fine so far - and they all have the same mods available. I will definitely try that console technique :)
The console code should do the trick. :)
BTW - for lovers of Khajits I very highly recommend a follower called Inigo from Nexus. He is absolutely superb and the voice acting is amazingly good. It is this modder's first mod too which I find very impressive :D I added him yesterday and he is going to be a permanent fixture from now on despite not quite working right with EFF. He might even inspire me to try to be a Khajit :-)
Haha...been using him since he first appeared on the Nexus and like you will be keeping him permanently. Some of his lines are hilarious without being silly. He's just like a real person following along commenting on this and that, but it's always something different. I don't think I've heard repeats yet and he does apologize in case he does repeat himself due to his early days as a Skooma addict.

Apparently you're supposed to load him before any follower mods like EFF. I only use a small mod I got from the Workshop that allows multiple followers and because it lets me have more than one dog which UFO, EFF and the others don't do. I only got it from the Steam Workshop because I couldn't find anything simple at the Nexus.

Then I also use Followers Can Relax, Follower Trap Safety and My Home is Your Home. Simple things without too many options that I won't use.

Warm Sands
spoiler:
Goodbye vanilla followers...you were useful while it lasted.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Oh good god he looks hilarious. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I seriously think that you might love him Fessels :D

Maigrets - I have serious reservations about acquiring anything from Steam, I will only update my mods when I want to, i.e. when I am at a place where I can save and it won't matter to my game if the update causes a problem. I have heard so many tales of high level characters being lost to Steam deciding it is time to update a mod that is already working the way you want it to. I have bought the game with my hard earned cash, I have carefully selected my mods, lived with and worked through any mistakes and crashes caused by them and I feel that installing updates should be my decision ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I seriously think that you might love him Fessels :D
Yes, there are even some anti follower people in the mod comments thread who are now converted... :) The hat I have on him is from Bob's Armory and since it covers his ears he also complains about it...lol.
Maigrets - I have serious reservations about acquiring anything from Steam, I will only update my mods when I want to, i.e. when I am at a place where I can save and it won't matter to my game if the update causes a problem. I have heard so many tales of high level characters being lost to Steam deciding it is time to update a mod that is already working the way you want it to. I have bought the game with my hard earned cash, I have carefully selected my mods, lived with and worked through any mistakes and crashes caused by them and I feel that installing updates should be my decision ^_^
I know, I totally agree with you. I hate the Workshop for all those reasons. In fact before it was even a going concern there was a giant thread on the Nexus forum which I was a part of, that says all those things. And we were right about it all except the paid for mods part, which I wouldn't mind betting will come eventually.

BUT, I want to use multiple followers and don't want all the extra options that come with UFO and the other follower mods. Multiple Followers Lite is the only mod I have from there and it does simply that - allow multiples including animals which the others don't. I did have an armour mod, but unsubbed as soon as I could because if I decided I didn't want to use it for a particular character and removed it from Data it would still download without my consent. It even tries to download when Steam is offline which is 99% of the time.

There is a similar mod by Kuertee but it also has stuff I don't want and it has problems, so I'd rather stick with what I know works. Either that or make it myself and that's not going to happen if I can find what I want elsewhere.
I have bought the game with my hard earned cash,
Yeah, we'd all like to think that...lol, but in actual fact we only rent it which is why game developers can get away with the crap they do. Forced updates and reliance on platforms like Steam, UPlay and Origin etc. I don't have issues with Steam itself, but sometimes I wish for the old days where we could patch our game when we wanted to and more importantly, revert it if there was something broken....ie backward flying dragons and messed up spells.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:I seriously think that you might love him Fessels :D
LoL well who knows what the future does to my feelings about followers. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

LOL - I just read a report that Inigo even talks in his sleep !!!!! I haven't yet gone to a place with beds for followers so I now have something new to see :D

Found on Nexus - it seems to be the same one as the Steam mod you use. I am going to test it out if a fix someone has made doesn't work ^_^
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:LOL - I just read a report that Inigo even talks in his sleep !!!!! I haven't yet gone to a place with beds for followers so I now have something new to see :D
I saw that post as well after i watched the videos. Although i am not convinced yet, i must admit that he has a lot of funny things to say. :grin: The voicing is as Brodual ( At least i think it was him. ) indeed of studio quality. But no matter whether i decide to try him out with Volkun-Tuz or not once i am back in Skyrim...the author Smartbluecat knows his/her business. ( Or knows the right people for help. )
Ailsa wrote:Found on Nexus - it seems to be the same one as the Steam mod you use. I am going to test it out if a fix someone has made doesn't work ^_^
As for fixed followers Lite, well i see that there are people reporting that the mod does not work fully since the 1.8 patch. And the mod was last updated in February 2012, which could mean that TES5Snip was still used in the process, and that is not a good thing if i remember correctly. So be careful Ailsa with Followers Fixed Lite.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you Fessels ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:LOL - I just read a report that Inigo even talks in his sleep !!!!! I haven't yet gone to a place with beds for followers so I now have something new to see :D

Found on Nexus - it seems to be the same one as the Steam mod you use. I am going to test it out if a fix someone has made doesn't work ^_^

I'm sorry but it's not the same one. :P The one I use is called Multiple Followers Lite and was created in November 2012, a year later than the "Fixed" version. It doesn't have all the other additions that the Nexus one has. However, as someone mentioned in the Inigo comments it seems to have been taken down in the past few days.

I would be very careful of the Fixed one as Fessels said for the same reasons, plus some of the so called bug fixes have been resolved either by Bethesda official patches or the Unofficial Patch and a lot of things it should not have even touched.

You could give this one a try. Simple Multiple Followers by Kuertee.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you Maigrets ^_^ - It appears that Kuertee has been absent for a while. I might have to do some serious thinking *ouch* whoops - brain not ready for that yet LOL

I cannot find Multiple Followers Lite on Steam at all :angry: It took me nearly an hour to get my log-in to work as apparently I am using the wrong computer according to their records ;-(( ;-(( ;-(( It is the only computer I have ever had Steam on ;-(( ;-(( ;-(( :angry: :angry: :angry:

Apologies for the above but really the site is difficult to read - I now have a thundering headache, and my eyes hurt. I used the Search Function and No Match was found :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL do not think to long. :grin:

As for Kuertee, well he was on the Nexus a day ago, and on the Bethesda forums two days ago. Yeah Steam is a pain in the but to navigate, it is why i do not use it any more after the first try.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Agreed about Steam - I think that I will avoid it like the plague from now on :D
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Agreed about Steam - I think that I will avoid it like the plague from now on :D
Lol I did say Multiple Followers Lite had been removed for some reason. Could have saved some :angry: moments. :-(

I keep Steam offline as much as humanly possible plus if my internet goes down for any reason if it is online, very rare but it happens, I can't play any Steam games. It takes so long to login and then find anything I also end up with a headache. :hang: I sometimes wonder what the mod situation will be with the next TES game. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Workshop only and paid for mods which was talked about with Skyrim.

......This looks interesting though. New today. Some people are looking at making all followers, vanilla and modded, compatible. Since using Inigo though I'll never look at another vanilla follower, but it could be handy.

Follower Compatibility

astar Last night I sat down in the kitchen at Riverside Lodge with Inigo and got him to tell me his story. (you both have to be sitting and it's different to his other dialogue) All I can say is it was amazing. So much dialogue, so well done, so interesting and with branching trees. I also got him to read his book "Inigo the Brave" and that was also epic. Depending on dialogue choices you make his story changes and has different endings. For a first mod by the author this is fantastic work. astar astar astar
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I tried Follower Compatability but sadly it doesn't work for me. I suspect that I have too many "scripted" mods :shock: I think that in a few days I will sit and examine them and maybe lose one or two of them that I feel I can live without :)

Maigrets - you did say that it had been taken down but my brain function is seriously damaged at the moment and I forgot LOL :D