Fessels Morrowind Screenshots.

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Well since i can not make a topic in the Morrowind part i will place them here if i have nice screenshots from Morrowind. :)
Vivec.

Seyda Neen.

Bitter Coast...about to bring the Mudcrab population down by two.

Reached Balmora.

Well...i call them as i see them. :)

My First MW char in years with a familiar name...Corael. ( I just like that name okay. :grin: )

A few more in Balmora.

Caldera.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Very nice indeed. :) You beat me to it...lol. The colours are beautiful and very detailed.

I just installed the game tonight and used that huge mod that I downloaded even though I was a bit dubious. I figured I would just have to reinstall if it wasn't what I needed. It all went OK and took ages, however a lot of it is automated. I'll talk more about it in my own thread when I make one so as not to clutter yours. :)

One thing I had an issue with is when I used "tm" to toggle menus, I couldn't get them back, but I think I've worked that out via Google. MW console is not as responsive as the newer games and it's been many years since I played the game so it's a bit like learning it over again from scratch.

I hope you're enjoying it. I've watched a couple of Let's Play episodes and it made me want to get into it even more.

I'm eagerly awaiting my first cliff racer.... :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Very nice indeed. :) You beat me to it...lol. The colours are beautiful and very detailed.
Yeah it does, playing it with High Res textures and a number of mods ( New mods and old ones. ) really makes a difference. ( And playing the game on 1920 x 1080 helps as well. :) )
Maigrets wrote:I just installed the game tonight and used that huge mod that I downloaded even though I was a bit dubious. I figured I would just have to reinstall if it wasn't what I needed. It all went OK and took ages, however a lot of it is automated. I'll talk more about it in my own thread when I make one so as not to clutter yours. :)
LoL Thank you. :grin: And i know you mean Morrowind Sound and Graphics Overhaul. I installed that one at first myself, but for some reason MGE XE kept crashing the game so i hat to remove MGSO. But i was really...really impressed by the install program, albeit that they should have given an option for some to skip. ( Like the one for MCP, i hat already used it before installing MGSO. )
Maigrets wrote:One thing I had an issue with is when I used "tm" to toggle menus, I couldn't get them back, but I think I've worked that out via Google. MW console is not as responsive as the newer games and it's been many years since I played the game so it's a bit like learning it over again from scratch.
I know what you mean, what helps for me is when i have used tm and taken a screenshot is pressing ~ again and then again. after exiting for the second time i open my characters inventory and then everything is back.
Maigrets wrote:I hope you're enjoying it. I've watched a couple of Let's Play episodes and it made me want to get into it even more.

I'm eagerly awaiting my first cliff racer.... :grin:
I am so far, especially because at low level you have no idea what to do next. Especially since it has been a few years since i played MW. But i guess i will join the Fighters guild for now and do the first few quest for them. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I am so far, especially because at low level you have no idea what to do next. Especially since it has been a few years since i played MW. But i guess i will join the Fighters guild for now and do the first few quest for them. :)
Agreed. :) Even though I remember some things about the quests etc, it's all very vague as it's been so long. I'm finding myself just wandering around admiring the landscape as much as anything at the moment. I've joined the Mage's Guild so far and am getting my Destruction up by practicing on mudcrabs... :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Poor creatures, mudcrabs and scribs are the first to suffer in Morrowind with each new would be Hero. :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Okay, i do not know how useful it is to others but this is my current load order for MW.
spoiler:
Morrowind.esm
Better Heads.esm
Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
GDR_MasterFile.esm
BT_Whitewolf_2_0.esm
Better Bodies.esp
Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
Better Robes.ESP
New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp
New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp
Creatures.esp
Creatures Merged Objects Fix.esp
Ghostly Appearance Redone.esp
McG Simple Portable House.esp
Tyrael Armor.esp
Vurt's Ashlands Overhaul.esp
Vurt's Solstheim Trees & Bushes Replacer.ESP
DN-GDRv1.esp
DB_Attack_Mod.esp
MTC.esp
TC_PuzzleCanal.esp
The Doors - Ald-Ruhn 1.3c.esp
The Doors - Caldera,Walls 1.1c.esp
Walled city of Balmora 1.41.esp
Madd Leveler - Base.esp
Madd Leveler - Cap Remover.esp
Madd Leveler - Spell Effects.esp
Madd Leveler - Madd Health.esp
Madd Leveler - Madd Skills.esp
Madd Leveler - Quest Cap Remover.esp
Madd Leveler - Werewolf Cap Remover.esp
AkulakhanCloud (Optional).ESP
The Imperial Legion Badge.esp
dxm_metallic_signs.esp
Chalk30-Base.esp
Chalk30-Glow.esp
Expanded Sounds.esp
frostmoth_repaired_v0_31.esp
LevelersBroomCloset.ESP
Lights_300_V4.esp
DwemerClock.esp
COI.ESP
Bottomless Quiver v4.32.esp
Guiding Beacons (Particle Effects).esp
Unique Birthsigns.esp
Kira's Filled Soul Gem Sellers.esp
The Hostiles.esp
The Hostiles for Bloodmoon.esp
Welcome to the Arena! v6.0.esp
DM_DB Armor Replacer.esp
DN_Umbra.esp
Chrysamere Replacement.esp
New Black Hands Dagger.ESP
New Bloodworm Helm.ESP
New Bow of Shadows.esp
New Randagulf's Fists.ESP
New Lord's Mail.ESP
New Veloth's Judgement.esp
D2items.ESP
Eisenfaust's Classes v1.0.esp
Djangos Dialogue.ESP
RunFaster-Faster.ESP
Merged_Objects.esp
multipatch.esp
Mashed Lists.esp
For thos how think...where are the Tribunal and Bloodmoon esm files, i use this mod from Slartibartfast1. :)

Morrowind Patched.

Any way here are a few more screenshots.
I better ask these two about the Egg Poachers.

Part of the Mobile house mod i use.

While on the way to deal with Telvanni Agents i see that Caldera has improved security. ( Although i question why. :) )

Now in this town i can imagine the need for closed gates. :)

Camping any one?

That was an easy first quest for House Redoran.

I hat forgotten the typical MW weather, one monent you walk in a thunderstorm and then while taking a different route...

And here it is. :grin:

Hmm i can smell a trap here. ( Duh :) )

Dunmer parent in Maar Gan to child..."Go play outside and have fun". "Child runs outside and sees..."
Maigrets
Admin

Dunmer parent in Maar Gan to child..."Go play outside and have fun". "Child runs outside and sees..."
Child: :woot: ....Oh! :-(

Love the cliff racer...close up. :grin:

You've certainly done a lot! And thanks for reminding me about the run faster mod which I have but haven't added yet. It's going in NOW! I'll add a mod list in my thread later.

One of your shots has a bad link in case you didn't notice.

We're watching you, scum!! I've missed that. :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
Child: :woot: ....Oh! :-(
LoL
Maigrets wrote:Love the cliff racer...close up. :grin:
Thank you. :)
Maigrets wrote:You've certainly done a lot! And thanks for reminding me about the run faster mod which I have but haven't added yet. It's going in NOW! I'll add a mod list in my thread later.
Well those are just the first few simple quests so to speak, survivability has now gone down. And your welcome, that mod really helps.
Maigrets wrote:One of your shots has a bad link in case you didn't notice.
Really? I can open them all and see the picture?
Maigrets wrote:We're watching you, scum!! I've missed that. :D
One of the many iconic lines from the game. :grin:
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

It looks like you are really having fun :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I certainly am, there is no hand holding in Morrowind as you know. I remember a lot of what to expect with the quests that i have done so far, but for some it is not easy to remember where to go for the quest. These are the good old days. :)
Maigrets
Admin

The missing screenshot is the one about the Telvanni agents, number 3. The Photobucket message (white box) says the owner has either deleted or moved it.

Yes, I've now joined the Thieves Guild and the Fighter's and done several quests for them as well as progressing in the Mage's. As you said, things are getting harder now, but there's enough in this game to keep us busy to toughen up before the really hard times.

The only thing with the run\walk faster mod is when I level enough I'm going to have to remove it. Already the NPC's are zipping around and I'm using the same one you are. I might change it to the slower one if the game doesn't protest too much about missing data.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:The missing screenshot is the one about the Telvanni agents, number 3. The Photobucket message (white box) says the owner has either deleted or moved it.

Yes, I've now joined the Thieves Guild and the Fighter's and done several quests for them as well as progressing in the Mage's. As you said, things are getting harder now, but there's enough in this game to keep us busy to toughen up before the really hard times.

The only thing with the run\walk faster mod is when I level enough I'm going to have to remove it. Already the NPC's are zipping around and I'm using the same one you are. I might change it to the slower one if the game doesn't protest too much about missing data.
Odd the link was correct and i did not delete that picture, any way i placed the link to that picture again...maybe it will now show up for every one. As for the run faster mod, yeah i see that to but i do not mind for the moment. If it really becomes to much i will see what i do. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

This Breton in Arkngthand thought he hat a chance.

Oops!

I did not have much health left, but i won. :)

Okay then...they are other wise occupied.

"Let's not make this official outlander...move along."

Now where was the entrance for Jeanne's Shop?
Maigrets
Admin

Is that a light staff in your left hand? My nights and dungeons are so dark my Illusion has raised a lot just by casting Night Eye. I don't find torches and lanterns illuminate much at all and since I'm sneaking a lot in dungeons, their light gives me away.

Did you kill the ghosts a bit further down in Arkngthand? They resisted my spells so I had to melee them and they hit hard. Luckily, I had a silver sword.

You know, over all the time I played MW years ago, I never went into the Arena. Or at least I don't remember it by looking at your screenshot. I must give it a go now. :) There's blood on the sand...lol, ....reminds me of the Spartacus TV series.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Is that a light staff in your left hand? My nights and dungeons are so dark my Illusion has raised a lot just by casting Night Eye. I don't find torches and lanterns illuminate much at all and since I'm sneaking a lot in dungeons, their light gives me away.
There are a lot of places in my game that are now much darker then i can remember from back then, not the nights but dungeons...ruins and caves seem to be very dark now. Do not get me wrong i like it, but you need light one way ore the other. The "Torch" is from a mod from Glassboy, called Guiding Beacons. The torches are not all powerful, but so far they give enough lite to actually make it look realistic. They shine the best with a weapon in the right hand in interiors, and you can even place them on the ground to iluminate an area. You can choose between a few colours and how many you want to have. I think it is a handy mod to have, maybe it will be of use to you as well.
Maigrets wrote:Did you kill the ghosts a bit further down in Arkngthand? They resisted my spells so I had to melee them and they hit hard. Luckily, I had a silver sword.
I was barely able to defeat one Dwarven Spectre because i was able to hit it with a Hellfire scroll first, but it was still a very difficult fight. For the second Dwarven Spectre i hat to run like hell, because i hat no scrolls left and a Dwarven Spectre at full health is to much for my character to take on in a melee fight at the moment.
Maigrets wrote:You know, over all the time I played MW years ago, I never went into the Arena. Or at least I don't remember it by looking at your screenshot. I must give it a go now. :) There's blood on the sand...lol, ....reminds me of the Spartacus TV series.
Well that is not the standard Arena, i have this mod installed for it.

Welcome to the Arena.

There is not much i can tell so far about how good it is or not at all, because a character has to be at least level 10 before you can even join one of the teams.
Maigrets
Admin

The beacons mods sound very good, thanks. I'll keep it for my next character as I use night eye a lot with my mage...or mostly mage.
There is not much i can tell so far about how good it is or not at all, because a character has to be at least level 10 before you can even join one of the teams.
Yes, well I've only just hit level 7 and I've done a fair amount of quests and a lot of fighting, including raiding a few caves and lower level shrines, so leveling in this game is a lot slower which is much, much better imo. By this time in Skyrim I would be level 15 or something ridiculous.

It'll be awhile before I get to level 10 I imagine, but I'd like to have a go at the Arena mod. Sounds like fun. :) There are some excellent mods out there for this game.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:The beacons mods sound very good, thanks. I'll keep it for my next character as I use night eye a lot with my mage...or mostly mage.
Yeah for a mage with Night eye your better of not using them, although with the MCP you can cast spells while both hands are in use.
Yes, well I've only just hit level 7 and I've done a fair amount of quests and a lot of fighting, including raiding a few caves and lower level shrines, so leveling in this game is a lot slower which is much, much better imo. By this time in Skyrim I would be level 15 or something ridiculous.

It'll be awhile before I get to level 10 I imagine, but I'd like to have a go at the Arena mod. Sounds like fun. :) There are some excellent mods out there for this game.[/quote]

Indeed leveling is a lot slower in MW, but that is okay. As for the Arena mod...well it turned out that it did not seem to work as intended. ( At least not for me. ) You should be able to bet on fights but i was never able to do so because the person you should go to for that never appeared...no matter what i tried. Or a fight was supposed to start but then only one of the two fighters would come out...or none at all.

So i removed the mod remade the merged objects esp and such, used repair all on the last save game just in case. But when i went to the Arena to see if every thing went okay i stepped into a void of nothing. Earlier saves resulted in the same thing, so even though it is more then likely that i did something i should not have done i would at least be very careful with installing the Arena mod. I have restarted with Corael, but that is okay it gave me the chance to remove some and add other mods. Not many but one of the added mods is MW Advanced v1.82.

New load order after restart.
spoiler:
Morrowind.esm
Better Heads.esm
Better Heads Tribunal addon.esm
Better Heads Bloodmoon addon.esm
GDR_MasterFile.esm
Morrowind Advanced.esm
BT_Whitewolf_2_0.esm
Rahj.esm
Better Bodies.esp
Better Clothes_v1.1.esp
Better Robes.ESP
New Argonian Bodies - Clean.esp
New Khajiit Bodies - Clean.esp
Creatures.esp
Creatures Merged Objects Fix.esp
MW_Adv_Required.esp
Ghostly Appearance Redone.esp
McG Simple Portable House.esp
Tyrael Armor.esp
Vurt's Ashlands Overhaul.esp
Vurt's Solstheim Trees & Bushes Replacer.ESP
DN-GDRv1.esp
DB_Attack_Mod.esp
MTC.esp
TC_PuzzleCanal.esp
The Doors - Ald-Ruhn 1.3c.esp
The Doors - Caldera,Walls 1.1c.esp
Walled city of Balmora 1.41.esp
Madd Leveler - Base.esp
Madd Leveler - Cap Remover.esp
Madd Leveler - Spell Effects.esp
Madd Leveler - Madd Health.esp
Madd Leveler - Madd Skills.esp
Madd Leveler - Quest Cap Remover.esp
Madd Leveler - Werewolf Cap Remover.esp
AkulakhanCloud (Optional).ESP
The Imperial Legion Badge.esp
dxm_metallic_signs.esp
Chalk30-Base.esp
Chalk30-Glow.esp
Expanded Sounds.esp
frostmoth_repaired_v0_31.esp
Moons_Spawn_V1.3.3_Non_Patched.esp
The Sable Dragon 1.6.esp
LevelersBroomCloset.ESP
Lights_300_V4.esp
DwemerClock.esp
COI.ESP
Guiding Beacons (Particle Effects).esp
Unique Birthsigns.esp
Kira's Filled Soul Gem Sellers.esp
The Hostiles.esp
The Hostiles for Bloodmoon.esp
DM_DB Armor Replacer.esp
DN_Umbra.esp
Chrysamere Replacement.esp
New Black Hands Dagger.ESP
New Bloodworm Helm.ESP
New Bow of Shadows.esp
New Randagulf's Fists.ESP
New Lord's Mail.ESP
New Veloth's Judgement.esp
D2items.ESP
Ring of Good Health.ESP
PSsorticon.esp
Eisenfaust's Classes v1.0.esp
Djangos Dialogue.ESP
RunFaster-Faster.ESP
Merged_Objects.esp
multipatch.esp
Mashed Lists.esp
Maigrets
Admin

So i removed the mod remade the merged objects esp and such, used repair all on the last save game just in case. But when i went to the Arena to see if every thing went okay i stepped into a void of nothing. Earlier saves resulted in the same thing, so even though it is more then likely that i did something i should not have done i would at least be very careful with installing the Arena mod. I have restarted with Corael, but that is okay it gave me the chance to remove some and add other mods. Not many but one of the added mods is MW Advanced v1.82.
Thanks for the warning, although it does have a lot of positive comments. If I install it I'll make sure to go straight there and check it out so I can go back to a previous save, except you said it affected your earlier ones as well which doesn't sound good.

MW modding is a bit more daunting than the other games in some ways and easier in others. I'm glad modders learned to pack their files in folders in later games..ie textures and meshes. My textures folder has 8000+ loose items and only a few of them are folders containing files. I'm not complaining as the game was the first of it's kind and a learning platform in a lot of cases, so I'm actually grateful for all the amazing mods I keep finding.

I've been thinking along the same lines re starting over which is probably why I haven't been in a hurry to get on with the main quest. In a way my character is a test run to check out which mods I will keep and which I'll remove. I've already added and removed at least 1/2 a dozen and there might be a few more yet so eventually it will affect my saves. I do know I'll be playing MW for some time to come though so I'm going to try to settle on a final mod list and maybe only add small stuff that can be quickly tested. I'm really enjoying the game. It's almost like a new game, but I vaguely remember things and places.....and it's stable...I've had only two crashes and that was mod related.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well the fact that i hat those problems with the mod does not mean you will...should you decide to install it. It is as you mentioned a first test run so to speak after years, so it is as i mentioned more then likely that i did something wrong. Either when i installed the Arena mod or when i removed it. But that beside the point, yeah MW is really stable so far. It runs really smooth, no sudden crashes like those in Skyrim etcetera. ( But i know MW can have them to. ) I will continue to play Skyrim from time to time, but for the moment i will mostly be playing MW like you. :)
Maigrets
Admin

This might be the way to go with respect to leveling. I know this mod is available for Oblivion as well and was pretty highly thought of. Link is PES but it's possibly at Nexus. I just happened to be browsing the Top Rated MW mods at PES and since we don't have to login I'm getting what I can before they disappear or something. I think most of them are probably on MW History anyway.
Galsiah's Character Development

I will continue to play Skyrim from time to time, but for the moment i will mostly be playing MW like you.
I feel a bit sad in some ways re Skyrim. I miss the very much improved combat and some of the fantastic mods, but not the problems that always crop up with boring regularity after a seemingly predetermined point. I was only thinking yesterday that I might start it up and see what happens, but I'm also reluctant because I don't want to start over again waiting to hit that point of no return, or try an existing character and be annoyed.

Sometimes, for me it's better to remember the good parts of a game and leave it behind rather than persevere. "IF" Bethesda ever sent out a final patch, and they said it wasn't impossible, (but is now unlikely I imagine) that fixed some of what I believe was broken in 1.9 (since 1.8 was almost perfect for me) it might change things. I did save the 1.8 core files so I could revert if I wanted to and I have old versions of mods backed up so if I get a mad urge one day I might give it a try, as long as I don't go online with Steam. Whether some mods are backward compatible patch wise is another thing, but I have old versions of most that I use.