Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

The one with the Dragon looks awesome indeed. As for the Shade, yeah they are to weak. The first time i met one i thought i was in for a pretty nasty fight, but they go down easily.

I do not know if you are thinking of the same mod, but you could try out Plutomans ASIS mod. It allows you to exclude creatures...if you know how the author named them. You should have no problem with finding those out. :)

At the moment you can only download ASIS by means of a dropbox link in the thread for ASIS on the Beth forums. And the latest version can be downloaded from post 69 in that thread.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/136887 ... -thread-3/

I use it myself and you may remember a screenshot of my character with a whole lot of dead Dremora. Plutoman gave me the following advice...
Hmm, that doesn't make sense to me, as SkyMoMod uses vanilla spawn points, afaik... You might have just hit the astronomical odds and had a double 5 spawn? An easy solution to that is to lower the 4 and 5 options to 0 - or if you still want those chances, but to be lower, double the spawn 0, double the spawn 1, and do like, 1.5x the spawn 2. That would dramatically reduce the high end chances.
After i lowered options 4 and 5 to 0 with my new version of Corael, i have not encountered such huge groups. ( So far. )

BTW that is a cute dog as your Avatar. :)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Thanks for the advice re the creatures, I'll check it out later. It's ironic though, but I used to use Martigen's Monster Mod and others very non lore friendly mods in Oblivion because I didn't really care about lore, and I'd played it over and over for years anyway. Skyrim is a different thing to me though. Maybe after a few years, like Oblivion I won't care about lore friendly stuff so much.
BTW that is a cute dog as your Avatar. :)
lol, yes. I did something last night I said I would never, ever do and made a FaceBook account. And that's only because I'm working with someone on an Indie game with the Unreal 3 Engine and it now has it's own page. I've had my own blog for over a year now though, so I won't be making a FB page as such in the near or distant future. It's not my thing at all.

Anyway, I was looking for an avatar and I found the dog, but it was too small for FB and I kept it anyway. That's the sad face my dog gives me when she wants something, or if I have to go out and she has to stay home. Dogs are so good at blackmail. :cheese: It's not her though, just a random picture from a free avatar site.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Thanks for the advice re the creatures, I'll check it out later. It's ironic though, but I used to use Martigen's Monster Mod and others very non lore friendly mods in Oblivion because I didn't really care about lore, and I'd played it over and over for years anyway. Skyrim is a different thing to me though. Maybe after a few years, like Oblivion I won't care about lore friendly stuff so much.
My pleasure.
Maigrets wrote:Anyway, I was looking for an avatar and I found the dog, but it was too small for FB and I kept it anyway. That's the sad face my dog gives me when she wants something, or if I have to go out and she has to stay home. Dogs are so good at blackmail. :cheese: It's not her though, just a random picture from a free avatar site.
Yeah dogs are good at getting what they want, it must be those puppy eyes they never seem to loose, no matter their age. And they know it works on us people i tell you. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Nearly had a disaster tonight. We cleaned out a vampire cave and I forgot to check my active effects after they were dead. So, we exit the cave and it's still night time and head for a nearby giant camp. The sun starts to rise and I get a message to say (not exact words) "You feel weaker as the sun rises." Thank goodness I had some cure disease potions on me. I really don't want to be a vampire. :-(

This is part of their messy lair. Who is going to clean that up....not me that's for sure. :-? What messy eaters.

Also has a funny incident near that giant camp in the Rift. There's a wagon and a dead Khajiit so I was looking through his stuff for loot when I see 3 Stormcloak comrades on the road. One of them says to the other.."What's she poking around in there for?" I was taken aback. Nice AI.

A Giant mourns his mammoth. It was already dead....

That's not me or my companion in this shot, but a random Elf who turned on me after we saved him from the sabre cat. Talk about ungrateful.

In a mage lair and being assaulted by a Storm Atronach.

I've got the chest piece of the Warchief armour but do you think I can find Orichalcum ingots or even ore? No!
It was just luck I has some stored to get the chest piece and improve it. Every smith I've been to has none and I've only found one ore node out in the wilderness. I don't want to cheat them in so I guess I'll be waiting for the gauntlets and boots.

I have since checked the Wiki though for locations, not that I'll remember next time I play.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

One of the orcish strongholds has an orichalcum mine, you might want to go check them out. Think its the one near winterhold. :p
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Lovely shots :)

I use Vals Crafting Meltdown (I think) which means that at a certain level I am able to combine material to create Orichalcum at a smelter. I have found it a helpful way to use up excesses of materials I seem to accumulate.
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:One of the orcish strongholds has an orichalcum mine, you might want to go check them out. Think its the one near winterhold. :p
I discovered Bilegulch Mine (SW of Ft Sungard) has a heap of ore, but since I'd been there before it hadn't respawned. The Orc stronghold near Markarth has a lot though so now I have my boots and gauntlets with a lot leftover.
Lovely shots :)

I use Vals Crafting Meltdown (I think) which means that at a certain level I am able to combine material to create Orichalcum at a smelter. I have found it a helpful way to use up excesses of materials I seem to accumulate.
Thanks, Ailsa. :)

I keep all my excess at Breezehome so it's all in one place, but if I do and smith work in Whiterun I only do it at night when Adrianne isn't around, or if I remember it's there I use the Sky Forge. Adrianne's driving me crazy.. :hang: "Have you met my father...." :ninja:

Eventually I'll sell metals I don't need, but with new mods coming out I'll probably keep them, although money is no object in this game. I have more dragon bones than I'll ever use though. I could probably build a house with them. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I have more dragon bones than I'll ever use though. I could probably build a house with them. :)
OMG that brings back memories from the pillow towers and forts in Morrowind. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:
Maigrets wrote:I have more dragon bones than I'll ever use though. I could probably build a house with them. :)
OMG that brings back memories from the pillow towers and forts in Morrowind. :grin:
I remember those...lol. What memories.

I haven't actually tried dropping a dragon bone on the ground so I don't know how big they are out of inventory, but I'll try and remember to do it next time I play. Maybe I can build myself a little dragon bone shack in the woods. :grin:

Just imagine coming into the cell it's in and 100 dragon bones go flying in all directions....it's bad enough being half killed by a normal skeleton rib cage or a shovel in a dungeon. :lol:

You know who....doing his resurrection thing east of Whiterun.

The swamp.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Great shots 8-)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I have not dropped any dragon bones either so far, but i doubt they would be really big. At least if you look at the skeleton when you killed a Dragon?

And the screenshot look good indeed. Those resurrections are very well made i think.
Maigrets
Admin

This Magma Dragon has been keeping me out of Solitude for a week or more by blocking the entry with firebombs and as it's name suggest blasts of magma. If I tried to avoid killing it and fast travel directly into the city the game would crash a few minutes later, I suspect because the NPC's were reacting to the dragon although it was outside the city cell itself.

I've been way on the other side of the map for ages and it was still there when I returned. Anyway, I finally killed it after a number of tries and lots of potions. There was a line of dead guards starting from the gates right down almost to the stables.... :shock:

I named this one Old Frosty. He politely dropped behind me on the way to Solitude and proceeded to try and freeze me. He was an easy one though. You can just see the magma dragon flying around the city in the background. :ninja:

Draugr Death Overlord being fried with electricity by my off camera follower. This was in High Gate Ruins where a woman named Anska is searching for a scroll....I so hate that woman. 8+) She gives me good Fus Ro Dah practice though. She's like Barbas who pushes you all over the place, sneaking is impossible with her in tow and she sets off every trap.

Archery Cam. Not great but I was at least quick enough to get this one. I usually get the inside of a crab or a sabre cat's behind. :grin:

Reading at home. I installed the Dovahkiin Relaxes mod. It's very, very good.

Warming my hands by the fire.

Azura. Now to decide whether to get the black or white version. I think probably black, although I'm not looking forward to those Dremora again.

Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

That Magma dragon looks so beautiful that I would hate to have to kill it :-( Getting killcam shots is an ambition of mine - so far I have totally missed them all o_O LOL

Lovely shots that are full of energy, and I love Dovakhiin Relax :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah those Magma Dragons from DD are very powerful. I just wish some one would make a mod that would make NPC's of all levels to flee indoors except for guards and soldiers on both sides. (Empire and Stormcloaks. )

There is such a function in the dragon mod i use but that only happens for NPC's up to level 9? I hat Dovakhin Relaxes To installed as well, but i removed it. Not because it is bad, far from it actually...but i simple forget to use it. :roll:

EDIT: Ailsa, you can not use tfc 1 during a Killcam moment, but as i mentioned in my screenshot thread...you can use the console command "tm". So if a good looking moment appears during a Killcam moment then quickly open the console and use "tm". Opening the console is a lot faster then having to reach for F12 or Print screen. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I saw that Fessels, the problem is that my reactions are too slow and I have to think where the console key is o_O - a function of getting older >.< LOL
Maigrets
Admin

I'm using a self crafted Daedric sword (3rd Era Blade) enchanted with Absorb Health which helps a LOT with the bad guys, even dragons when they land. I didn't get that until level 40 though because leveling smithing takes longer now and I don't hurry it (which is better IMHO), but any blade will do.

I tried fire and shock and a few other enchants, but this one always saves my day. Doesn't matter which element an enemy is immune to, they can't resist Absorb Health, or not that I've seen. I make a blade with that enchant as soon as I can with any character which sometimes may be into level 20 or so before I find an item to disenchant.
Ailsa, you can not use tfc 1 during a Killcam moment, but as i mentioned in my screenshot thread...you can use the console command "tm". So if a good looking moment appears during a Killcam moment then quickly open the console and use "tm". Opening the console is a lot faster then having to reach for F12 or Print screen.
Actually you don't need to turn off menus for kill cams as they don't show the menus in the screen shot like normal pics even though it says "screen shot taken" on screen. I agree opening the console could be quicker, but I often hit Tab instead when I'm trying to be quick, so if I think a kill cam MAY happen I hover my finger over the Print Screen key, but still have to have lightning reflexes. Alas, the lightning has fizzled a bit over the years. :grin:
That Magma dragon looks so beautiful that I would hate to have to kill it
I know. :sad: I wish we could have more actual non violent interaction with dragons besides a certain friendly one on top of the mountain. Even Alduin should have more presence I think since he's the ultimate boss.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I'm using a self crafted Daedric sword (3rd Era Blade) enchanted with Absorb Health which helps a LOT with the bad guys, even dragons when they land. I didn't get that until level 40 though because leveling smithing takes longer now and I don't hurry it (which is better IMHO), but any blade will do.

I tried fire and shock and a few other enchants, but this one always saves my day. Doesn't matter which element an enemy is immune to, they can't resist Absorb Health, or not that I've seen. I make a blade with that enchant as soon as I can with any character which sometimes may be into level 20 or so before I find an item to disenchant.
Absorb health is very good indeed.
Maigrets wrote:Actually you don't need to turn off menus for kill cams as they don't show the menus in the screen shot like normal pics even though it says "screen shot taken" on screen. I agree opening the console could be quicker, but I often hit Tab instead when I'm trying to be quick, so if I think a kill cam MAY happen I hover my finger over the Print Screen key, but still have to have lightning reflexes. Alas, the lightning has fizzled a bit over the years. :grin:
I know the menu does not show during a killcam, it is just a way of freezing a certain part from that killcam moment. As for the last sentence...uhmm no comment. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

I know the menu does not show during a killcam, it is just a way of freezing a certain part from that killcam moment.
Boy, you'd have to be quick to do that and you have to know it's going to happen.

Anyway, speaking of which....

Bow Shot

Whiterun and the new Gildergreen at night

Dragonling. I came across an extremely bright red one as well earlier. This one looks better.

Hmmm, how old is this bread? It's been laying around in a cave full of trolls for who knows how long.

Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

LOL at the bread :D
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:LOL at the bread :D
Just like the fruit and veg that's been hanging around for years and years. I guess it's the magic in the air that keeps them preserved. :grin: