Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Thanks guys. :)

Anyone feel the Atronachs are weak in this game, like skeletons? If I cast one, from a scroll, it dies in a few hits, although "frosties" are a bit stronger depending on the enemy, but they get stuck in corridors. My warrior can also kill an enemy Atronach easily and I'm playing on Expert. It's mages and their shield spells I have issue with...kill the mage and their summons dies anyway.

I've been thinking my next playthrough will be a mage just for revenge, :grin: but I really prefer the warrior style with some Restoration and Alteration thrown in....more like a Battle Mage, I guess. Oddly enough, in Oblivion I always preferred to play a mage, but I got to like warriors more after playing Age of Conan.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I agree about the Atronarchs. The very first time i saw them i thought they would be more dangerous then the mage who summoned it, but fairly quick i found out that the mages themselves are the real danger. As for mages, well in skyrim without mods to enhance a player mage they suck as we all know.

But with mods that do what you are looking for in a mage they can now be very powerful, so it comes down to personal preference as always. The Spellsword version of Corael was a lot of fun to play. :) But in most games like Skyrim i have the following order of character types i like to play...

First place: Warrior. ( In most games they usually have the best chance to survive longer. )
Second place: Thief/Assassin. ( All the sneaking, Secret missions...having to think instead of rushing in. )
Third place: Mage/Sorcerer. ( They have the least health, but usually more then make up for it with Raw power. )
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

First place: Warrior. ( In most games they usually have the best chance to survive longer. )
Second place: Thief/Assassin. ( All the sneaking, Secret missions...having to think instead of rushing in. )
Third place: Mage/Sorcerer. ( They have the least health, but usually more then make up for it with Raw power. )
Exactly the same as my choices..lol My very first character was a Khajiit thief/sneaky assassin and I got to 200 hours with her until all the saves were corrupted. A lot of games with stealth I find I don't have the patience for the slower game play and sneaking etc, but it's different and better for the most part in TES games. Of course it would be easier or more real if all the dungeons didn't have eternal flames. :grin:

For warriors I just love shield bashing and getting right in the enemies face with my blade. :cheese:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: Exactly the same as my choices..lol My very first character was a Khajiit thief/sneaky assassin and I got to 200 hours with her until all the saves were corrupted. A lot of games with stealth I find I don't have the patience for the slower game play and sneaking etc, but it's different and better for the most part in TES games. Of course it would be easier or more real if all the dungeons didn't have eternal flames. :grin:

For warriors I just love shield bashing and getting right in the enemies face with my blade. :cheese:
Well due to Imaginator my dungeons are dark enough, but yeah Bethesda should at least have made those torches limited from the moment you enter a dungeon. Or they should have made them so that if a Draugr uses Fus Rho Dah the torches get blown out. I mean, if Fus Rho Dah can blow away a humanoid then flames from a torch should not pose a problem. :)

And yeah with Warriors i also usually love the combination of Bashing with the shield and then attacking. :) I can do the same with two handed weapons but some how it does not feel the same to me.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Good point about FUS RO DAH and it should work for the player as well. Also the fire shout could relight them if necessary, but that's probably asking too much. :) Funny thing is in some dungeons you can take the torches from their holders and others you can't.

My dungeons are realistically darker as well with URWL and even the nights outside are very dark. So much so I hate traveling at night in case something from MoMod jumps out at me...warrior with a nervous disposition. /joke Not really, but there have been some moments that have made me jump. Not actually scared but startled by an ambush, like the sneaky sabre cats that love to lay in wait.

There are mods that make dungeons pitch black, which would be scary and immersive when you know there are Deathlords waking up, but that would be a pain, as I don't carry torches, except for the Torchbug lantern and I can turn that on and off. I don't even know if the light from those is seen by enemies, but I assume it is.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

I wear a cloak with my torchbug lantern in dungeons as it seems to reduce the light spread a bit so that I feel less obvious as I sneak - though I would really like to see a "thieves lantern" ^_^
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Good point about FUS RO DAH and it should work for the player as well. Also the fire shout could relight them if necessary, but that's probably asking too much. :) Funny thing is in some dungeons you can take the torches from their holders and others you can't.
Hat not thought about the Flame shout, nice...that would be something. :-)
Maigrets wrote:My dungeons are realistically darker as well with URWL and even the nights outside are very dark. So much so I hate traveling at night in case something from MoMod jumps out at me...warrior with a nervous disposition. /joke Not really, but there have been some moments that have made me jump. Not actually scared but startled by an ambush, like the sneaky sabre cats that love to lay in wait.
Yeah i know what you mean with getting jumped all of a sudden. It is one of the main reasons i installed CLARALUX - More and Brighter LIghts. And Wearable lanterns helps when traveling across the Tundra itself and in dungeons. :)

EDIT: Beside the base mod from CLARALUX( esm version. ) i installed the optional esp "CLARALUX - LightAdjuster - Medium Lights and Radius.esp".
Maigrets
Admin

I have the Wearable lantern and a pink bug inside.. :) and Marcurio wears a standard travel lantern which all works well, especially since his turns off when sneaking.

I prefer the nights to be darker though and is more realistic to me as the default are always lit up like a constant full moon. It defeats the purpose a bit if you use a lantern and advertise your presence to everyone, especially if you're a sneaky type, so I only use my lantern when I know an area is cleared and I want to find something easily.

I don't role play like many do (eating, drinking etc) because I think of this game as more of an action adventure game with rpg elements (basic), but I do check the time coming out of a dungeon and wait (T) until daylight or almost dawn. Sometimes I might sleep for the bonus in a camp bed even though I have a mod with a portable bedroll that I always forget I have in inventory.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I don't role play like many do (eating, drinking etc) because I think of this game as more of an action adventure game with rpg elements (basic), but I do check the time coming out of a dungeon and wait (T) until daylight or almost dawn. Sometimes I might sleep for the bonus in a camp bed even though I have a mod with a portable bedroll that I always forget I have in inventory.
Yeah i do not use mods like Frostfall or eating and drinking mods either. I some how never liked those kind of mods.
Maigrets
Admin

Actually if some kind of Hardcore option was in the base game as in Fallout NV, I would like to try it, but otherwise it's just a chore to me to force myself to do it. I have a very active imagination but it doesn't go as far as pretending to be someone else, and I know that comment would infuriate true role players, but Skyrim just isn't that game for me.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I agree that there is only so far you can go with realism mods and they don't particularly appeal to me. Like you Maigrets I don't travel at night because with URWL it is very dark and I like waiting for dawn as it is always so beautiful ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

I used to use a Basic Needs type of mod for Morrowind which was pretty good, but I'd often find myself lost in the Ashlands starving to death or dying of thirst. :) Cliff racers don't taste very good..very leathery. :grin:
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

The first game I ever played was Betrayal at Krondor - each of your 3 characters had to carry enough food to last for a minimum of a week or they took a few days to starve to death. It was a built in feature and it made me very good at limiting what I carried LOL

I think that to this day that is my favourite game :)
Maigrets
Admin

Green gunge growing all over...Return of the Blob.

Centurian Master goes down. YOL TOOR SHUL for the win, astar my fire enchanted scimitar and a healing spell.

Markarth Nights. There's something I like about those dead trees I see everywhere. :-o

Moons Over Markarth

The Battle for Whiterun. Ulfric gave me a fire enchanted Daedric sword as a reward for this. Due to being level 58 I imagine. I wonder what I'll get for Solitude. Too bad I don't like the Daedric gear. I think it's ugly.

The battle continues... To Dragonsreach!!

Balgruuf is very disappointed in me and a new Jarl takes charge.

The troops at ease after the win and waiting for new orders. Meeko isn't impressed.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Great shots, full of action :)

I have absolutely refused to get involved in the Civil war because I think both sides have some valid points, and both sides have some "idiot" points LOL
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Great shots, full of action :)

I have absolutely refused to get involved in the Civil war because I think both sides have some valid points, and both sides have some "idiot" points LOL
I've read everything in game (and forums re Lore) about both sides and I decided the Stormcloaks were the ones who deserved my help more than the Imperials. That's besides other petty reasons like the Imperials wanting to execute me for reasons unknown, I don't want Maven as Jarl of Riften and I think the Peace Treaty is a farce. Why should Dragonborn have the final decision in who gets what? As Dragonborn I'm to save the world from it's greatest threat, not be a politician.

Having said that I always destroy the DB and I only do a few of the Daedric quests, ones that don't involve killing innocents for evil reasons. Maybe, if there was some back story about the Radiant assassinations and why these people need to die for the DB I might do it someday, but I joined with my first character and my first mission was to kill a poor beggar mourning his sister. That put me off. I never found a reason why he was to die.

I do complete the Thieves Guild every time, but I have a different view of them. They're not upstanding citizens by all means, but they aren't murderers for the thrill of it.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I totally agree about the Dark Brotherhood - the moment I found out who the first 3 targets were I dumped them completely. I too absolutely will not do this without a very, very good reason :Iobject:

That was one of the better things in Oblivion - you could do quite a few Daedric quests without hurting innocents.

I actually quite like the Thieves Guild and their attitude to killing ^_^, though I loathe their involvement with Maven - my goodness she is a very nasty piece of work. If it was possible to terminate (kill) her I would happily consider quite a few options LOL
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:I actually quite like the Thieves Guild and their attitude to killing ^_^, though I loathe their involvement with Maven - my goodness she is a very nasty piece of work. If it was possible to terminate (kill) her I would happily consider quite a few options LOL
You know...there are mods that allow you to kill essential people if you want to. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I have seen them - but I would love it to be part of a well thought out quest to help the people of Riften rather than just killing her because I detest her o_O
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I have seen them - but I would love it to be part of a well thought out quest to help the people of Riften rather than just killing her because I detest her o_O
True. That's why I foil her plans of becoming Jarl and getting more influence with the Thalmor. Then I can laugh at her, if I can't kill her. I could use the mod you mentioned Fessels, but my mod list is getting longer and I'd rather save a slot for something more worthwhile, unless it was part of another mod.

I quite like Riften and the surrounding area. My favourite Riften character is Brynjolf and his Irish accent (since I'm 1/2 Irish).
The only thing that gripes me about the TG is all the load doors just to get to them. It's only a few seconds each but it gets annoying and if any location is going to glitch it's the Ragged Flagon Cistern.

Oh, I forgot...Grelka is another one I'd like to slap and she's a Light Armour Trainer so I guess she gets a reprieve. Some merchant she is..never heard of the phrase the customer is always right. lol