Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Ailsa wrote:I have seen them - but I would love it to be part of a well thought out quest to help the people of Riften rather than just killing her because I detest her o_O
I guess that would indeed be a more gratifying method. :)
Maigrets wrote:True. That's why I foil her plans of becoming Jarl and getting more influence with the Thalmor. Then I can laugh at her, if I can't kill her. I could use the mod you mentioned Fessels, but my mod list is getting longer and I'd rather save a slot for something more worthwhile, unless it was part of another mod.

I quite like Riften and the surrounding area. My favourite Riften character is Brynjolf and his Irish accent (since I'm 1/2 Irish). The only thing that gripes me about the TG is all the load doors just to get to them. It's only a few seconds each but it gets annoying and if any location is going to glitch it's the Ragged Flagon Cistern.

Oh, I forgot...Grelka is another one I'd like to slap and she's a Light Armour Trainer so I guess she gets a reprieve. Some merchant she is..never heard of the phrase the customer is always right. lol
Yeah Riften is an area that looks good, that is why i restarted there with Arila after making changes in my mod list and on her. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Want to talk about this Alduin? No?

You had your chance. Now it's time to die! Paarthurnax agrees!

Out in the wilds just wandering around admiring the view.

Trying to reverse pickpocket a Frenzy potion onto Nazeem, not admiring his backside. :) He caught me of course as my skill is non existent.

Frostmere Depths after completing the Pale Lady quest. It's so misty and ethereal in there.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

They are all great looking screenshots, but especially the one in Frostmere Depths. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Absolutely lovely shots!!!
Maigrets
Admin

My newest character Mallory, a Nord warrior. She got her name from a dysfunctional female detective in a novel I was reading.

I always mean to start a magic orientated character, but I never get around to it as I really like to get in the enemies personal space although I do focus heavily on archery. This time I've chosen Roggi Knot-Beard as my companion instead of Marcurio and we get along very nicely even though we're both melee.

Get away from me you ugly thing!

The werewolf. This guy was tough.

Tooth extraction...the hard way.

Hmm..what a lot of little flags.

Stupid mages. Think you can take me!! I'm a red dragon!!

Mallory and Co.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Named after a dysfunctional character hey...well that explains the first and third picture. :) ( The third one more so. :grin: )

She looks really good, and what is she wearing in the last picture? T
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I absolutely love that piece by DreamBurrows and I am try to find logical reasons for all of my diverse characters to use it :-D-)

Lovely shots, full of energy and vitality :D
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Named after a dysfunctional character hey...well that explains the first and third picture. :) ( The third one more so. :grin: )

She looks really good, and what is she wearing in the last picture? T
Thanks both of you. :) Yes, every detective in every novel and movie seems to be a dysfunctional mess. :grin:

The outfit is DreamBurrows Regal Assassin Outfit. It's really beautiful and has a several variants.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24342/

I don't know if it's the 1.7 patch or not but I'm level 32 and have had no CTD's or any other problems at all and sometimes I'm playing for 4 or more hours at a time. Plus my mod list has grown quite a bit, so I'm really enjoying the game a lot without having to grit my teeth and look away from the screen in case it crashes on saving or fast travel or for just about any other reason.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

YAY for a stable game :D Enjoy it :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Thanks both of you. :) Yes, every detective in every novel and movie seems to be a dysfunctional mess. :grin:

The outfit is DreamBurrows Regal Assassin Outfit. It's really beautiful and has a several variants.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/24342/

I don't know if it's the 1.7 patch or not but I'm level 32 and have had no CTD's or any other problems at all and sometimes I'm playing for 4 or more hours at a time. Plus my mod list has grown quite a bit, so I'm really enjoying the game a lot without having to grit my teeth and look away from the screen in case it crashes on saving or fast travel or for just about any other reason.
Thanks for the link, that does indeed look awesome. And although i could change it to heavy armour, i will stick with the one i am using with my char now. I will most likely make a light armoured character some day.

For me it depends when it comes to CTD's. Some days i have a few, and on other days ( LIke yesterday. ) i can play for 3 or 4 hours as well without problems. I guess it is also the luck of the draw, with the different types of mods we use i mean.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

The third one is a small enemy,It seems like a medieval dragon painting.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels...

I decided to try out the ENB and DOF you are using and I like it very much. It takes some getting used to after having the URWL mod for so long. I really like the DOF blur effect, it really adds a special look to the game and with no performance loss it's even better.

The first two pics are before I added the ENB etc.

This is the Behemot summoned dragon companion taking out an ancient dragon. I just stood and watched in safety. If there are no enemies it follows on the ground..a little closely though, but it only lasts for 80 seconds anyway. I summon it sometimes when there's a dragon fight, especially when it's a high level one. Half the NPC's and guards from Falkreath got wiped out tonight during an epic battle. Usually if that happens I resurrect the NPC's but I didn't bother this time. Their time had come. :cheese:
Mallory in a thoughtful mood. This is in Bond's new house mod which is very bright and colourful, but I haven't been back to see what it looks like with the ENB yet.
After ENB....Sunrise over Markarth
The renewed Gildergreen in Whiterun.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I hat the Behemoth mod installed for a while and it is still very impressive to look at. As for Falkreath...oh well Skyrim is known for its accidents. :twisted:
Maigrets
Admin

I've swapped over to a different ENB which also has no performance loss and it actually seems to actually improve it a bit, but that might be my imagination. There are different versions included and I'm using the REAL option, but may change it to try the others. It makes the game look like you're watching and playing a movie.
Stakado Cinemascope ENB
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15425

The only thing I don't like is both ENB's, and I gather, all the ENB's cause the game to crash on exit even though this one says to exit to the Menu first to fix it, but it still does it. Small thing though for what it does.

As far as I can find out it's not compatible with the DOF mod but has it's own settings which look amazing. No more of that awful LOD and flickering mountains.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I've swapped over to a different ENB which also has no performance loss and it actually seems to actually improve it a bit, but that might be my imagination. There are different versions included and I'm using the REAL option, but may change it to try the others. It makes the game look like you're watching and playing a movie.
Stakado Cinemascope ENB
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/15425
I looked at that one, but i like my current one better. :)
Maigrets wrote:The only thing I don't like is both ENB's, and I gather, all the ENB's cause the game to crash on exit even though this one says to exit to the Menu first to fix it, but it still does it. Small thing though for what it does.
So it is the ENB that causes it, i thought something was wrong with the game or steam? Good to know, thank you for that info Maigrets. :)

BTW...you may have already noticed, but if not...patch 1.8 is out now.
Maigrets
Admin

Yes, I saw this morning the patch is out and downloaded SKSE and the Unofficial Patch update for next time I log into Steam.

I'm in troubleshooting mode again... :roll: For some reason my game has suddenly started having extremely long loading times and mouse stuttering in towns if I enter and exit buildings, but if I fast travel it's usually fine. It's been getting worse the further I get into the game and I've never had this problem before. I haven't had a single crash this time in 75 hours which has been great, though I think it might be coming with whatever is causing the current issues.

I'm starting to think it's something script related, or due to a couple of house mods I installed and removed and it's affecting my saves. Nothing else has changed except adding the ENB which can be toggled on and off, but it was happening before that. My saves are nearly 12mb at level 45, but are much larger than old characters with more than twice the number of hours played. I'm probably going to have to start over again... :-( but I'm going to try the 30 day wait thing first and see if it resets the world.

Bethesda games...sometimes more troubleshooting than actual playing. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Lovely shots, very fresh and atmospheric :)

I have been convinced that a lot of crashes in-game are script related, but because I am not a modder people have told me that I don't know what I am talking about. I find that if I run FNIS (as administrator) before I start playing every time the game seems to stay more stable (even if I haven't touched the mod list)
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Lovely shots, very fresh and atmospheric :)

I have been convinced that a lot of crashes in-game are script related, but because I am not a modder people have told me that I don't know what I am talking about. I find that if I run FNIS (as administrator) before I start playing every time the game seems to stay more stable (even if I haven't touched the mod list)
Thanks Ailsa. :)

You could tell some of these these people that script heavy mods do in fact affect your game, especially if using a lot of them and if any are "faulty," so perhaps these people don't know what they are talking about. Skyrim's script system is vastly different to Oblivion's and not necessarily better. It often also happens when any scripted mod is removed...aka the Sounds of Skyrim Civilization mod which was removed by the author himself when he discovered the problem, because an issue with the scripts caused extreme save bloat when the mod was removed.

I haven't bothered even trying to mod Skyrim, but only have to read the Official forum posts by people who are the experts to know this is an actual problem that can cause save bloat in the worst case, or longer loading, CTD's and other problems. There are plenty of great mods using scripts done by very knowledgeable people, but using a lot of mods together with a lot of scripts can cause issues.

Just because you don't mod yourself doesn't mean you don't know what you are talking about either. One only needs to know how to read and research, which I do a lot of to keep myself informed with these games otherwise I would have given up ages ago. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I do like to try to understand as much as possible so that I can enjoy any game I play. Over the last week I have developed a new habit ;) I run Wrye Bash, then Boss and finally FNIS every time before I start playing and so far it has seemed to keep the installation more stable :) *touches wood*
Maigrets
Admin

Yes, I'm now about to load the game and see if I can fix it. I really like my current character, but I suppose I can recreate her if I have to start over. Trouble is these problems don't seem to occur until a lot later so it's not that easy. ;-((