Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:In the end I went with a different house mod altogether, but I haven't been able to get there yet. It's called Gleaming Falls which is on the way to Ivarstead. There are two versions. One is a normal house and the other is like an open plan exterior setup which is the one I chose.
Thanks i will take a look at it. :)
Maigrets wrote:The current version of Riverside Lodge has some script bugs which I did notice when I last used it. The weapon and shield racks no longer work and people who have papyrus logging activated say it logs a huge amount of errors and has potential to cause corruption. I never had an CTD's or problems with it but I'll wait until it gets updated. I used to have an older version but I must have deleted it....typical. :roll:
Seriously? For me the weapon and shield racks always worked when i used it? As for the Papyrus logging...well i always have that deactivated.
Maigrets wrote:Anyway, I started over and chose the farmhouse option. All I had was my rags and an axe for a weapon, but I managed to hold my own with a low level mage who had a Staff of the Familiar. I used it to take down a couple of bandits and then took their gear.

I then gave myself the beastblood and had most of the left side of the perk tree filled before I got to civilization. :twisted: Thalmor, Imperials, Stormcloaks, bandits...all fell under my claws.
LoL by the time you reach Alduin he will recruit Alistair instead of trying to kill him. :grin:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Seriously? For me the weapon and shield racks always worked when i used it? As for the Papyrus logging...well i always have that deactivated.
Maybe you don't have the latest version, but if you read the comments you'll see all the requests for an updated file.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
Maybe you don't have the latest version, but if you read the comments you'll see all the requests for an updated file.
It is quit possible that i have used an earlier version, and that it is the reason why it worked for me back then...oh well lets wait and see what the author does now.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Alisatair looks superb :D

Interesting to hear about Riverside Lodge - I wonder if one of its glitches could be the cause of my armour rating suddenly becoming 0 o_O ??
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Alisatair looks superb :D

Interesting to hear about Riverside Lodge - I wonder if one of its glitches could be the cause of my armour rating suddenly becoming 0 o_O ??
Thanks...lol, but Alistair has had half a dozen makeovers since that shot which I never really liked.

Re Riverside Lodge...No, that wouldn't be anything to do with your armour rating. It's just a mistake in the weapon racks scripts. I've reinstalled it anyway as I didn't have problems with it before and I hardly ever bother with displaying my weapons
I finally managed to get his facial features the way I wanted them after much frustration.

Yes, Alduin is Real as written eloquently by Thromgar Iron-Head.

Werewolf Vs Dragon. It's surprisingly easy to kill a dragon in beast form as their breathe doesn't seem to affect me at all.

Whack-A-Troll
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Maigrets
Admin

Played through the Conan Hyborian Age mod last night and was extremely impressed. There are a lot of new armour and weapons with all new models and textures, new environments and more.

The dungeon is pitch black in places and I mean pitch black which is why I'm using Magelight, for convenience mostly. There are lots of torches and braziers which have to be lit using the torches which is also a very nice touch. New traps and more.

Conan himself makes an appearance and is voiced. I haven't actually finished completely because if I want to rebuild Conan's sword it means doing the Companions quests to get access to Skyforge smithing. I don't know if I want to do that questline again for a sword which does look impressive, but we'll see.
The King is Dead

One of the Conan armours

Come on over. I promise those rocks won't fall..... :cheese:

Pit Fighters

Ominous room....and for very good reason.

Turn the wheel to open the exit.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Once back in Skyrim i will have to go and find me a Dragon to fight in werewolf shape. And from the look of it Prometheus build in things from both Conan movies, very nicely done. :) Oh and if it is safe to pass over the rocks then why is there blood on it. :D
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

If you liked the dungeon you will love prometheus's issgard mod that she is working on.
Check it out here: http://prometheusmod.proboards.com/

Is going to be dripping in conan inspired lore, and it'l be everything you liked in falskaar and a whole lot more!
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Wonderful shots :D Hmmmmm that looks interesting - I will wait to hear more from you about how much you are enjoying it :D
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:If you liked the dungeon you will love prometheus's issgard mod that she is working on.
Check it out here: http://prometheusmod.proboards.com/

Is going to be dripping in conan inspired lore, and it'l be everything you liked in falskaar and a whole lot more!
Absolutely! I'm keeping an eye on it. Prometheus certainly has a lot of talent.

In fact there are quite a few big new mods and coming which is fantastic. :happy:

@ Ailsa
Wonderful shots :D Hmmmmm that looks interesting - I will wait to hear more from you about how much you are enjoying it :D
I have finished as I said, except for reforging Conan's sword. To do that I have to do the Companions questline and I don't know if I can be bothered. The sword does look great but it also depends if it's going to be temperable at SkyRe levels even using the ReProccer.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I find the Companions a bit of a chore - I wish they would recognise the Dragonborn and that a couple of the junior members had better manners ^_^ :P
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I find the Companions a bit of a chore - I wish they would recognise the Dragonborn and that a couple of the junior members had better manners ^_^ :P
That goes for all the Guilds unfortunately. I'm only assuming the Dark Brotherhood because Ive never done it and don't intend to but I imagine they also treat you like pond scum even when you're the boss.

I rarely do any of the guild lines any more now. They suck They are all a chore after the umpteenth time and those juniors really get my back up.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

The only reason I did the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was that the targets genuinely seemed to have got away with crimes and deserved "justice", though I didn't keep the character who did it :P
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:The only reason I did the Dark Brotherhood in Oblivion was that the targets genuinely seemed to have got away with crimes and deserved "justice", though I didn't keep the character who did it :P
That's true and I did it as well and actually felt like I was dealing justice rather than killing for the joy of it, even though some of the members were psychos. All the guilds in Oblivion were actually very well done and made you work for it.

In Skyrim the Thieves Guild is a bunch of thugs, the DB is just murder for hire, the Companions is OK but short, and the mages is nothing to do with actually learning magic as a barbarian with no magic can join and do it. Plus, other quests almost force you to join one or the other of the guilds unless you can find a way around it.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I feel that the writers Bethesda used were not encouraged to be logical in the quest plotting at all. I feel that both Morrowind and Oblivion had factions and guilds that were well worth exploring and completing more than once, but also you could achieve the main quest without most of them if that was your choice.

In Skyrim you simply cannot get all the shouts (except by using the console) if you choose not to do some of them >.<, such a shame really. I am sure that there are mods that correct this issue but it would have been nice if Bethesda remembered that a lot of players actually think seriously about who their characters are and what type of thing they are prepared to do :) (Wishful thinking I know)
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I feel that the writers Bethesda used were not encouraged to be logical in the quest plotting at all. I feel that both Morrowind and Oblivion had factions and guilds that were well worth exploring and completing more than once, but also you could achieve the main quest without most of them if that was your choice.

In Skyrim you simply cannot get all the shouts (except by using the console) if you choose not to do some of them >.<, such a shame really. I am sure that there are mods that correct this issue but it would have been nice if Bethesda remembered that a lot of players actually think seriously about who their characters are and what type of thing they are prepared to do :) (Wishful thinking I know)
You hit the nail on the head there. Skyrim is for the masses who don't have to think and want to do it all with one character so character development goes out the window. Want to create a basically good character and still do most of the content, or have the right of refusal ...you're out of luck because very few if any quests have actual choices. It's supposed to be a role playing game but you have to go out of your way to do that whereas at least some options should be available to every type. I imagine the next TES game won't be any different.

Having said that I quite like most of the main quest so I just took Esbern on a tour of some dungeons and bandit camps on the way back to Delphine to show him how it's done. The more I play with Inigo, the more I cringe at the dialogue, and the AI actually, of the vanilla followers, whether they be quest ones or not.

Get those spiders Esbern... they won't hurt you...much... :cheese:

Apparitions

Fire in the sky. This is COT with SweetFX and Imaginator although I think it's mostly COT as far as the sky goes.

Another one.....Red Skies. Inigo is hiding in the back.
This is probably too dark but I started using a crossbow mainly for killing dragons.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I love that last shot - the stance is superb imho. Those red skies are stunning and particularly suited to a werewolf character :D :P

After Inigo all other followers (except Vilja) seem to be incredibly stupid. I find most of my characters want to gag Vilja LOL, though I did have a male Altmer on my old game who really liked her chatter O.O - which is actually very strange when you consider it is still me playing @.@ :D
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:I love that last shot - the stance is superb imho. Those red skies are stunning and particularly suited to a werewolf character :D :P

After Inigo all other followers (except Vilja) seem to be incredibly stupid. I find most of my characters want to gag Vilja LOL, though I did have a male Altmer on my old game who really liked her chatter O.O - which is actually very strange when you consider it is still me playing @.@ :D
Thanks. :)

I downloaded Vilja but after watching someone's video where they had her following I changed my mind. I imagine it's extremely well made seeing as it's Emma, but the voice just wasn't for me. I did read that she can be told to be quiet through dialogue though so I really can't comment on anything else.

I can't say enough how amazing Inigo is. Every time I play he has something new to say, everywhere I go he has a comment about what's happening in that area like a real person. He likes to remind me it's lunch time around noon so I gave him food to carry but so far he hasn't eaten it. Somewhere along the line I picked up a couple of human hearts when looting without realizing it and he comments about how revolting it is...lol.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I have only played with Inigo for a few hours and I totally love him :D
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That last screenshot is great indeed, Alistair shows up clearly while the grass and clouds have a bit of Depth of Field effect. :)

As for the voice of Vilja...well in Oblivion she was voiced by Emma herself and she hat a very heavy accent, so maybe she voiced the Skyrim version as well?