Re: Maigrets Skyrim Album

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:Just like the fruit and veg that's been hanging around for years and years. I guess it's the magic in the air that keeps them preserved. :grin:
That would be the best explanation for it. :)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fire Gazing. Maybe looking for answers as to what's ahead or a vision of the future. Not to mention it's freezing cold up there on top of a glacier.

Talos

New Chainmail, except for the boots.

Nightingale at last

Paarthurnax. I discovered he has a new texture since I last visited, which I assume is from Deadly Dragons. Looks much better than before.

Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Nightingale armour is one of the best looking vanilla armours i think, and the blue lighting gives it an even more eerily look. :-)
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Nightingale armour is one of the best looking vanilla armours i think, and the blue lighting gives it an even more eerily look. :-)
I agree, especially when it's upgraded too. I have the Nightingale Prime (Leather) retexture but it's not in the game at the moment. I felt such satisfaction giving Mercer a sword in the chest. :ninja: The Thieves Guild is one of the best quest lines IMHO, besides the main quest and the College.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

I love the shot of Paarthurnax :D

Lovely shots overall IMHO
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: The Thieves Guild is one of the best quest lines IMHO, besides the main quest and the College.
Indeed they are, although i wish they hat made the guild quest lines longer...especially the college quest line. But at least the quests are interesting. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I'm pleased to report that my game loaded with the 1.6 patch (with SKSE update for UI and menus) and I played for over an hour fiddling with the horse combat modes. I had to go buy a horse and since I just arrived at Windhelm I got one from there, but I'm going to trade him in for the Whiterun horse when I get back there as I prefer the Leather Nordish type of horse armour.

Anyway, I found the horse combat a bit of fun. It's quite difficult, mainly because the horse cannot walk backwards, so if I want to turn to get into a better position I end up going in a wide circle. It does work well for galloping past enemies...as in a drive by... :) and I even took on a dragon on horseback which worked pretty well. It was actually a named dragon just raised by Alduin, although it did have shock effects I managed to avoid them easily on the horse, surprisingly. A frost troll was also taking the aggro off me which also helped.

Archery is a bit hit and miss. Even with the crosshair it's very difficult to hit the target, but the animations are very good and smooth, both for melee and archery IMHO. I hope they update to include magic.

As far as the rest of the patch I haven't noticed anything yet as I only played for a short time, but the game didn't crash (for a change) and it might be my imagination again, but the graphics and shadows look better or sharper.

War Horse at last.

Die Argonian!

I said...Die!

Archery on horseback. Just practicing...no targets in sight.

Dragon Cam
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL already trying the horse combat, looks great. I especially like the third screenshot. And the one with the Dragon cam looks pretty brutal, if i did not own the game myself i would have thought that the Dragon hat killed your character. :grin:

BTW where did you find that horse armour, that looks really good? It clips a bit but that is to be expected with a horse armour i guess.
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:LoL already trying the horse combat, looks great. I especially like the third screenshot. And the one with the Dragon cam looks pretty brutal, if i did not own the game myself i would have thought that the Dragon hat killed your character. :grin:

BTW where did you find that horse armour, that looks really good? It clips a bit but that is to be expected with a horse armour i guess.
Thanks. :)

I was actually quite excited that the horse combat works as well as it does, and since I only played for a short time with a bit of practice I think it will be very good, especially when modders get started on it....lol. I did kill some MoMod creatures, but wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot.

This is the horse armour. It works with any retexture and I'm using Alienslof's so it looks great. I'm using a companion riding mod and BOSS always loads the horse armour in the wrong place so it doesn't work (should load after) but if you're not using any horse mods it wouldn't matter.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13348

Normally you wouldn't notice it clipping except in screen shots, I suppose since you're always looking at the horse's rump and that particular armour covers more of the horse anyway, so it clips more.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Thanks. :)

I was actually quite excited that the horse combat works as well as it does, and since I only played for a short time with a bit of practice I think it will be very good, especially when modders get started on it....lol. I did kill some MoMod creatures, but wasn't quick enough to get a screen shot.
As soon as i continue with my current player and have updated everything i will definitely try out the horse combat. :)
Maigrets wrote:This is the horse armour. It works with any retexture and I'm using Alienslof's so it looks great. I'm using a companion riding mod and BOSS always loads the horse armour in the wrong place so it doesn't work (should load after) but if you're not using any horse mods it wouldn't matter.
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=13348

Normally you wouldn't notice it clipping except in screen shots, I suppose since you're always looking at the horse's rump and that particular armour covers more of the horse anyway, so it clips more.
Thank you for the link Maigrets, they all look great. I do not know if i will already use it with my current character, but i definitely will with the one after that. About the clipping part...yeah i should have thought about that. :grin:
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Lovely shots Maigrets :)

I am looking forward to trying out horse combat in the future, but none of my current characters are interested :shock:
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Lovely shots Maigrets :)

I am looking forward to trying out horse combat in the future, but none of my current characters are interested :shock:

Thank you. :)

I don't know how people manage multiple characters. I used to try in Oblivion and often had several going at once, but I always seem to favour one and just continue with it until I feel it's time to retire and build a new one. Same with Skyrim. I have two at the moment, but one has been left at level 13 and my main is now level 52 and still going strong.

I just spent over 4 hours(real time) in Blackreach. Every time I tell myself to ignore the Crimson Nirnroot, but I still feel the urge to collect them and explore every inch of the map. Plus mine the geode mines for soul gems..not that I don't already have heaps of them.

I must say my game is running extra well with the 1.6 Beta patch and I have noticed faster loading times and fps, not that it wasn't quick before but whatever the performance tweaks are that Beth added, they obviously have an effect. No crashes or problems I'm happy to say.

Magic Mushrooms, but not the hallucinogenic kind... not that I've tried them.

Shout Unrelenting Force at the globe for a surprise. I tried to get a screen shot of it but it always gets stuck on the steps outside of the lit area when it first lands and can't seem to fly away again and it was very dark.

This is the end result though. Dark, but soon to be dead.

Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Blackreach never stops to amaze me with how it looks. :woot:
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I absolutely love any shots in Blackreach :D
Maigrets
Admin

Still working my way towards the end of the main quest, but getting side tracked as usual. I'm trying to get the civil war finished first and to take Solitude, because there's no way I'm giving Riften to Maven Black Briar at a Treaty so she can be Jarl. I'm the leader of the Thieves Guild and she's not giving me any more orders either.

I must say that the 1.6 Beta patch has made a lot of nice performance tweaks. One thing I really notice above all is my character seems to run faster (not sprinting) and even better, walk faster which is much better when I have to walk with an NPC and not have to run, stop all the time. I'm sure it's not my imagination...lol. The whole game runs much smoother and is more stable even with all the mods I'm using, so I imagine with a fresh game it will be great.

Deepwood Redoubt at dusk and overrun with Forsworn.

I'm right behind you Falmer! This one was a bit slow on the uptake. He popped out of one of the holes in the walls after I killed the 3 Chaurus. Too bad he was looking the other way.

Lizzie

As the arrow flies. Collecting souls.

Maigrets
Admin

Well, finally finished the main quest and I have to say I was a bit underwhelmed with the final fight. It was more effort (good though) fighting all the Draugr Deathlords than Alduin. I did like the last part when I was returned to Tamriel where all the dragons were milling around talking about Alduin's defeat, and now I have a dragon to call if I need him and if I remember.

Alduin really should have been much bigger and more powerful. I thought he might be with Deadly Dragons installed, but I think they leave quest related dragons alone and don't edit them, which is a good idea with Skyrim.

No idea what this is, but it's spells hurt... I did see the name but I forget what it was.

Burn Draugr, burn..

Entering Sovngarde

The World Eater seeking souls

Alduin

Almost defeated

And for a change of pace...Wolfskull Cave after returning to Tamriel. There seems to be a lot of blue themes in this game, not that I'm complaining because it's my favourite colour.

Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL you never know what you will meet around the corner with SkyMoMod. :grin:

Great looking screenshots Maigrets.
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Mighty dragons does make him stronger, i had to hide and use spells to beat him as every time i got close he ate me. :(

But it should have been a better fight, something with multiple stages would have been interesting.
Maigrets
Admin

Thanks. :)

Yes, I agree about the multiple stages idea...to a point, as long as Bethesda could do it properly. Considering Alduin is the biggest, baddest dragon out there he wasn't really much of a boss. Using Dragonrend was basically a cheat in a way and if I didn't use it the other 3 warriors did.

He didn't even try to stop or at least warn me when I first entered the mists which should have been part of the final battle.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Lovely shots :)

I admit that I did get a sense of achievement when I beat him as my character was still only level 42 when I did it :) I have heard that once you achieve level 60+ the game becomes much too easy without adding mods.