Fessels Skryim Screenshots

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

It is indeed amazing that scenes like that can be achieved on older computers. The best i can set the game to without having my computer hire the Dark Brotherhood is Medium, ( Although it is mostly on low. ) even though my computer is only about 2,5 years old. But even at those settings i get great looking scenes like those above
That's even more amazing then at Medium. Just goes to show how pretty the game world is by default and with URWL to make it even prettier.

My comp is nearly four years old now except for a new HDD and video card and I run it at High as the launcher suggests. I did try Ultra which ran pretty well until I started adding mods and texture replacers for creatures, woodwork and a lot of other minor things.

Personally, I prefer good game play over ultra realistic graphics which is why I still play some of my old games. Most of the time I don't even notice things like shadows (which were messed up last patch anyway so I do notice them now...lol) and other little things that many people seem to obsess over. I'd rather be able to use content mods like Deadly Dragons and MoMod etc than be concerned about minute details of little importance.

Edit...
View on a crazy priest.
That priest is almost as annoying as the one in Fallout 3. :ninja:

What I wanted to mention though was since I'm using the Unofficial Patch my Gildergreen tree is regrowing as it's supposed to after you get the sapling and it looks beautiful. I believe it takes a few months in game time to reach it's full height though. I always go the non violent route otherwise it ruins the sanctuary..lol.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:That's even more amazing then at Medium. Just goes to show how pretty the game world is by default and with URWL to make it even prettier.
Yeah URWL makes a huge difference on how the game looks, i combine it with Imaginator.
Maigrets wrote:My comp is nearly four years old now except for a new HDD and video card and I run it at High as the launcher suggests. I did try Ultra which ran pretty well until I started adding mods and texture replacers for creatures, woodwork and a lot of other minor things.
Four years old and you can run on high? :shock:

Okay that is it, i need to start saving so i can upgrade my computer. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:Personally, I prefer good game play over ultra realistic graphics which is why I still play some of my old games. Most of the time I don't even notice things like shadows (which were messed up last patch anyway so I do notice them now...lol) and other little things that many people seem to obsess over. I'd rather be able to use content mods like Deadly Dragons and MoMod etc than be concerned about minute details of little importance.

Agreed, i usually do not start searching for things to say...Hey that does not look good or something. As long as the game is well made, then i do not mind if it is not up to level with current standards. ( Although it is a plus if it is, and if i can run it. :) )
Maigrets wrote:Edit...
View on a crazy priest.
That priest is almost as annoying as the one in Fallout 3. :ninja:

What I wanted to mention though was since I'm using the Unofficial Patch my Gildergreen tree is regrowing as it's supposed to after you get the sapling and it looks beautiful. I believe it takes a few months in game time to reach it's full height though. I always go the non violent route otherwise it ruins the sanctuary..lol.
LoL at times i really want to see if Talos would come to his aid if i shoot a few spells or arrows at him. :)

As for the Gildergreen quest with the Unofficial Patch installed...well until yesterday i never bothered to finish that quest in the peaceful way. But now i wanted to see the difference, so i did finish it the peaceful way. Although considering that i have SkyMoMod installed, i first travelled with my character to the sanctuary so it was fast travel ready, and then went back for Maurice and then fast travelled to the sanctuary.
Maigrets
Admin

I just added a screen shot of the Gildergreen in my thread. It's about half grown now. Fast traveling to the Sanctuary is the only way to keep Maurice alive. Stupid guy wants to fight bears and dragons bare handed. :roll: I resurrected him once and the quest still worked. After that I always fast travel to get him there.

I bought my computer parts and assembled it at the end of 2008 and even then the components weren't top of the range. Besides the HDD and graphics card I mentioned I also bought a new Power Supply so the graphics card could run...lol. previously only had a 400w which was the bare minimum.

This is my system:
AMD Phenom X3 Triple Core 8450
DFI LANPARTY DK 790FX
Geil GX22GB6400DC 2GB Kit
GTX550 Ti Direct CU 1GB Vram
Western Digital Black Caviar SATA HDD 1 Terabyte
Realtek ALC885 8 channel HD
700w Thermaltake PSU
LG Flatron 22" monitor
Windows XP SP3

I have no slowdown or stuttering and the game runs fast and beautiful, except for the occasional CTD or freeze which I'm happy to say are much less since the last patch was fixed. The only thing I notice is after playing for around 3 to 4 hours straight I start to get the purple and black textures (even default textures) showing up because it's running out of VRAM and probably system RAM. When that happens I know a crash is about to happen very soon so I just shut the game down and re-start and it's fine again.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

As mentioned i really need to start saving. :grin:

The stuttering does happen for me on pretty rare occasions, and the CTD's are the same. Usually it happens after i have played for a very..very long time.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Lovely shots, and beautifully set up ^_^.

After a few hours I find that a town suddenly has the people but no buildings o_O it is really rather funny when that happens LOL, and next time it happens I MUST take a picture :P
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Thanks Aisla. :)

And please do take a screenshot if it happens again, that would be funny to see. Kind of Like a reversed Ghost town...the people are there but now the building do not show. :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Nice looking night in Markath.

First he looked sad...now he looks PO. Then again that Draco Griffin did scratch his new armour. :twisted:

I like the Night to remember quest...but now hand over the staff if you will.

Starting a collection.

Maigrets
Admin

That yellow object next to the moon in the Markarth shot looks like it's spinning. :)
First he looked sad...now he looks PO. Then again that Draco Griffin did scratch his new armour.
He looks like he smelled something really bad.... :cheese: Nice armour.

I haven't gotten around to drinking with Sam this time round, but it was a surprise to say the least the first time I did it. There are some funny parts in that quest. Like the goat....
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well it does not spin it is part of the night sky texture i use. I do not remember where i found it, and oddly enough i can not even find it back at the moment. ( It is in their some where. :) ) Should i find it i will let you know.

As for the armour yeah it does look good, when i saw the pictures on the Nexus i first thought...hmm does not look that good. But still i decided to try it, and now that i saw it ingame i "do" like it. It is this armour.

Warmage Armour

The first time i did that quest and got to the goat part i thought..."I do not want to know what happened." But the farmer already explained what my character hat done. :grin:

Edit: Should you be interested in it, i found the galaxy texture i use. :)

HiRes Milky Way
Maigrets
Admin

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me. I have the Warmage armour, but haven't yet tried it...lol.

As much as I would like to use that galaxy texture the texture size is just too big. Even the smallest option. I already have so many texture packs that I'm sure it's part of the reason I get the purple texture thing after a couple of hours or so playing.

Then again, I've seen people on forums say it happens to them with a vanilla game and they have much better systems than I have. I think it's the way the game is optimized because even vanilla textures do it, in fact now I think about it it's usually vanilla textures and not my replacers. The Thieves Guild is one place it happens very often. The walls and NPC armours usually.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah i can imagine that if you use a lot of texture replacers that it will increase the chance for a problem, even more so if they are all HiRes.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Lovely shots, very evocative ^_^
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Thanks Ailsa. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

The Caller...ha! I bet she was never able to call the moment she would die. :-D-)

Some times i wonder...how the heck did they get that out of Saarthal and inside the Academy?

Ancano i really do not like you...then again i usually do not like any Thalmor. :hang:

Hello...nice to meet yah.

Maigrets
Admin

Some times i wonder...how the heck did they get that out of Saarthal and inside the Academy?
I wondered that myself, but then I thought maybe I don't want to know.
Ancano i really do not like you...then again i usually do not like any Thalmor.
You caught Tolfdir's expression perfectly. :) Every time I come across Thalmor I want to squash them like a bug....no offense to bugs. :cheese: I get some revenge on the Thalmor who transport prisoners on the roads.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:You caught Tolfdir's expression perfectly. :) Every time I come across Thalmor I want to squash them like a bug....no offense to bugs. :cheese: I get some revenge on the Thalmor who transport prisoners on the roads.
Thanks Maigrets. :)

With my current character i hat not bothered with even the Thalmor prisoner transports, because i wanted to join the Empire with this character. But after having met Ancano again i changed my mind. So ones i want to start the civil war it will be with the Stormcloaks. The Thalmor are no threat any more for my character. :-D-)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

LOL - I think that the loathing for the Thalmor is nearly universal :-D-)

My high elf character loves wiping them out LOL
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:LOL - I think that the loathing for the Thalmor is nearly universal :-D-)

My high elf character loves wiping them out LOL

LoL i guess it is by now. :grin:

And now that i have decided i am not getting any Thalmor on the roads. :-(
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

All 3 of my characters get attacked by the Thalmor when they are in the wilds. They are carrying a note saying that the character is dangerous but if they get caught attacking me they will get no help with the authorities :lol: I actually have never deliberately attacked them :P
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah the notes you find on enemies at times, make you wonder how big a criminal our characters have to be. :)

Not top quality but nice none the less.

Mind if i join the party? ( And of course they leave 2 seconds later. )

Now that was a freaking dangerous Bone Dragon i assure you. :-)

Bummer the college quest line is over. ( Again. )