Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

ah ok then...

hehe

:x my memory is already leaking..although it was over more than 2 years I played Morrowind..the last time.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Yeah, for me as well but I played lightarmored characters ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

the tower from all sides in Softimage

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Nice banner/board thing :) (can't find the right word)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

are you talking of the sign? (Breton here, but I will name it thusly for each races). If so yeah I was having the need for a realswords sign since the begining, but I never actually did it. Now it's done and will appear in the next module, whether or not if the tower is ready.
Breton is almost all done by now, except I'm adding a detail to each scabbards, a small utility knife. My idea for the history of this thoughtful bonus the Breton add to their sword lines is based on the first breton blade and the fact the smith was always making a miniature of each swords to give to his customers. Hence the custom started that Breton smiths add a small knife to their scabbard (no more a miniature of the sword itself but a simple but good little knife), to show how they care for their work and customers..

look at the scabbard for the Archer up there or this, that was the first one I did:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Nice idea, I like it. Btw so somewhere on the pubpictures named a Wakizashi as Wakisaki. ;)

edit: Yes I ment sign :oops:

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

You've been busy :) I love the Solingen.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Forgotten
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Mormacil wrote:chitin was the strongest lightarmor under glass, well it was above fur and leather anyway. ;)
Well, having spent a number of years rummaging about in the old TESCS for TES3 perhaps I can give you my input...

Chitin weapons were the lowest, least damaging class of weapons to be found in MW. Chitin armour was, as you say, the first armour step down from glass, but the difference between the armour ratings of glass and chitin was gigantic. I think glass had an AR of 50 and chitin something like 10 in the editor. :shock:

But chitin weapons were described somewhere as using serrated edges and being capable of inflicting nasty wounds. I'd imagine weapons entirely made of chitin being fairly potent and nasty, incredibly light (as they were in-game) but very, very brittle as they are made with organic material. They probably got the shaft in the final version of MW mostly due to game mechanics. The differences in quality and price between the cheapest materials such as chitin and daedric was much larger in MW than it is in Oblivion, which is much more balanced in that respect.

Here's the UESP entry on chitin by the way, most of it copied from the official Bethesda codex:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Item ... les#Chitin

Love the minimalistic, clear-cut beauty of the Breton Archer sword and the Solingen by the way. 8-)

As a small aside: As for the official forums, well I have my own taste and I happen to like my characters mostly clad in classical leather or metal armours and using plain, less ornamented swords. I'm partial to iron and steel stuff. But most people who play Oblivion these days (and played Morrowind before) seem to be younger than me and have a more fantastic, escapist and "emo"-romanticised view on fantasy than I have. I'm no particular fan of wings and such myself so I mostly avoid posting in the character screenshot threads at all. ;)

My latest female ranger character didn't, in fact, receive a single reply when I posted. But then she showed absolutely no cleavage at all. :D

Cheers, UQF
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I agree there's to much either radiotion bright or pixiwinged stuff in that thread :( I like fantasystuff, cleeavage is ok (check Conan :P) But I dislike unrealistic fantasy stuff. I mean Oblivion Glass armor :shock: Though the weapons still look believable, I mean you can stab and cut stuff with that without much trouble, unlike madness...

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Wow, I love this stuff.
It brings alot of the things missing in Oblivion into realization.
Thank you Waalx, for making these.
I came over here because of Mormacil, and I'm sure glad I did, after I saw some of the screens, I downloaded every one of the mods.
My all time favorite I've seen is Seaward, I like the hilt style, and the butt of the hilt is spectacular.
I also like how you integrated new sheaths into the game. I get tired of looking at Beth's sheaths, and quivers, and seeing the same thing.
Amazing, keep it up!
Waalx
Forum Master

Forgotten wrote: My latest female ranger character didn't, in fact, receive a single reply when I posted. But then she showed absolutely no cleavage at all. :D

Cheers, UQF
hehe

well me too I highly dislike candy weapons and fantasy stuff that look completely out of place. I can understand things like high density plastic steel in like Star Wars, and I like that in these situations. but in a medieval world I just hate those.

I made a mod for myself here that remove all daedric items from level list in people lists. Monsters from the Daedric places should get those, not mortals. I will later make a better mod of it and release it, but with a script that will keep you from using/wearing anything daedric, and that will also prevent you bringing them into the normal world, that should stay in Oblivion.. unless you summon them, you should never be able to use those.

and needless to say that my armor line will not have any of these as well..nor glass.

Tlo1048, welcome and thanks for the nice comments! and bring us more peoples as well you know? :)

note: added a couple of swords in the post up-there. These swords render will all be in that post. there will be 10 images in that post soon..
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Oh my redguard is going to love that Clint :)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

Silver plate stiletto detail

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

*drools*

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Sure, I'll tell people about this. I know they can't resist the beautiful weapons. lol.
I'm loving the Stiletto, and the Solingen! :)
I was playing Toaster's sharing mod, and I bought all the weapons for RS, and I gave my orc general a wooden sword. It looks awesome!
How far is RS breton from completion?
I'm just waiting for that Seaward. lol.
Morm: try not to go all giddy little school girl on us. :lol:
Waalx
Forum Master

waiting for the Seaward? the Seaward is in Bosmer and it's already out! ;) (and the blade's available in two versions)

breton is nearly all complete, (the models and textures, not the esp and such). Yet I've worked on a new reflection for metallic surfaces and it's still not exactly working like I want.

here's the problem I noticed two days ago:

the reflections I used are the window reflections shader, and as such, if the player don't enable windows reflections, or can't do it for hardware limitations ( I wonder why because theses reflections shouldn't be very processor intensive as it's a very small map that is reflected in the windows meshes, not the surrounding world.)

so this is making me doubt a little. because if they don't enable the windows reflections then all my work look like utter garbage texture wise. just enable the windows reflections and it all change back to beauty.

I know that it's possible to write new shader for Oblivion, and this could be the solution, although I can't write code for that and I would need a hand with it, if its possible. But if it need OBSE to have a new shader working in Oblivion, I'm not sure and I might just go with my windows set-up..
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Wow, I feel stupid now. :lol:
I have a problem, I get free internet because of where I work, and It has an insane filter taht blocks tessource, and PES.
It sucks, and I cant dl the Bosmer mod, cause Its on those sites.
I got all my others from Elderscrolls.filefront.
Could you Email it to me?
Tloper@BGCO.org
I'd really appreciate it Waalx.

IDK, it sounds like its not a problem if they have window shaders on. You could set up two versions, one for those who dont/cant have window shaders, and those who do.
I'd script a new shader though, but like you, I dont know how to script that.
Waalx
Forum Master

come to think of it, I should add the modules to be available for download right here on the forum as well (for registered users) ;). let me set that up, it might solve your problem.

the bosmer mod is 23 mb so sending that as an email isn't an option.
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Yeah, true. :lol:

I was wondering if you had a download section, but I didnt see one.
Thanks Waalx.