Gallery

Visuals of the swords, illustrations & drawings
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

apparently Oblivion is still in the top 10 of best selling game presently in 6tTh position after one year. yes the interest is becoming less, it's to be expected. yet they still sell a lot if we believe that top 10 thing.

Morrowind is 6 years old and I bet they still sell some copies of it. The moders are still active in Morrowind.

but the thing is, Realswords is far more for me than just a couple of mods. It's going to go directly in my portfolio :) that's why I invest so much of myself in this project, it's going to represent my work abilities.

Many artists choose to do artwork that take them months to do and that will end up on a cg forum at best. I decided that working in 3D doesn't mean I have to do useless artwork, but I could do something smashing that people will enjoy and use, instead of another licked-up artwork that I start to find boring and uninteresting for most of them, and that will never live outside an art forum or my own website..

Modding came to my mind and I thought it was a good way to present my craft as well as having feedback all along for what I would do. And the work would not be useless models that would end up on a back-up disk only... :)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Honestly they're not producing any more TES3 disks for a couple of months now, so they sales should be low. ANd I think we're blessed you got into modding :P
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

to illustrate the problem I have in interiors cells with the reflective exterior

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I think in an interior no new reflexion is made so the old one stays applied. perhaps somehow applying a default reflextion when entering a interiorcell can fix this.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

here is what I just did and it will do:) problem solved.

I had to replace the window reflection file to eliminate the trees line. I replaced it with a image I made from an HDRI map for making metal reflection. it will change the windows reflections, but it's not going to be much different, so nobody will notice I think.. (as you have to have windows reflection active and not all people care for that...:)

yet now it work perfect for metal and the effect is..well awesome! (I think).

Look at all these shots that are from two swords that are essentially the same one, and look at how the metal reflections differ on each one depending on the angle. some of these are more reflective or more saturated for the Crown Copper for instance, but what I talk about is the lightning playing on the metal.

(on the ball maces it work fine now!)

Sypron
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Will you be updating older RealSwords mods with the relfective steel effect?
Waalx
Forum Master

yes of course...

all will be updated!

thanks and welcome to the workshop!
Rainer Fenixhart
Fumbling Sworduser

I thinkI just had an Eyegasm looking through all of this thread...

Walaax, after this is all done I will put a Daedric Shrine right up near AlienSlof's and worship you both :D
Waalx
Forum Master

What I've been working on since a few days. It's still a W.I.P. but I think it's going the right way so I'm showing you...

I don't know when it will be in-game, for sure not in the next module...I have the interior to make, and as I never did
a whole interior/exterior so it's taking time. Also I'm not really into architecture usually, so it's a tentative, although I
based this tower on an existing real-life one.

The models use only stock Oblivion textures. So it should fit seamlessly in the world in that regard. I'm also using some
element that exist already in the game such as doors and windows frames.

Sorry for the rather empty set-up, but I didn't want to import a bunch of clutter models just to make it like it should look
like.. for a test picture like this. There should be a stable in the courtyard, a big tree in the back and several items. and
I will make some new mesh that are missing for me to make forges that look like real ones..

take note here that this a render with post work, and not what it will look like in-game...but hopefully it will still be near this.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Oh, that's a great idea. As long the architecture indeed fit into the rest of the world. But I think you can manage that.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

well as I don't want to place them into cities anymore but near them, I think it will work just fine. They will be very close to each cities though, not lost in the wild. I'm thinking of putting them near stables..that is my idea.. would add to entering a cities by having two buildings in the entrance ...and you don't need to go IN the cities to buy or sell there and that is cool I think. I want to make couples that will manage the forges, so most probably one of the two will be a merchant of regular goods (the wife), and the other (most probably the husband here) will be the smith merchant. But sometimes they will be single..and a child? that I would like to try..a child merchant maybe.

the ten races will get a different tower, but always built upon this kind of style, a big square tower with a hangar at the bottom, the shop in front, and some interesting room upstairs as well as the living quarters.

for instance, this one up there use the roof texture of skingrad houses. for another tower I will use another texture for the roof taking the one of the bulind of the nearest city in account., and modify the ouside a little, the side buildings will changes and the window style for some, mainly the main big one in the tower center. the brick is what is used for castle walls in all the game so it cannot not fit.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Alright, well with SI you got a forging animation :) Really good one.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Forgotten
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Waalx wrote:each time I post something these days on Beth forum, nobody care to answer at all except a couple of people

Mormacil, you, StarX, and a couple others.. (even Elhazan who is working with us, is lurking on my own forum and don't post much :P )

I'm a long time lurker myself in many places, so I understand:) hehe

But why should I bother posting there at all? when the only people that will answer my post answer me here already.

Actually I'm a little down by the lack of feedback on the project lately.

I think people don't like my attitude because I'm too honest when I say something..
Don't think it has much to do with your attitude. Your attitude is fine. ;) Most people these days simply seem to prefer shiney extravaganza and post modernistic goth apparel in their games rather than ultra realistic swords and maces. You won't get much response from the average mod searching forum goer.

It was actually the same way with Morrowind back in the day. There were so many pictures of winged, demonic characters or chainmail bikini babes on those threads that the occasional regular plate armour wearing, mace wielding warrior was a breath of fresh air. But those less flashy screenshot posts rarely got many replies.

It's just what's "in fashion" these days. ;)

And I would definitely not start thinking about trying to please the crowds just to get more response. Do your own thing, you're doing it so well. :)

Cheers, UQF
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

amen.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

yeah I noticed there was a big demand for sado-masochist characters that look overly ridicule. sad

I don't even watch these gallery anymore as they are just full of pink hair girls showing their butt with a weapons 12 times their own weight in their hands..(or yeah with bat wings..too)
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Yep there's some wingfetish overthere. Well I hope it's reasuring my girls almost only use RealSwords :) Except my Nord companion, she wields a 1H mace.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

here's the last sword of Breton module. now they are all done.
the Archer

and this is my first chitin blade.. ( here you can see only the hilt part is made of chitin material.) the blade is good old steel.

the Chitin Hook

Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

I like the Hook, it looks nasty, but I don't think it's that good against a heavy armored opponent. But I think it will bring fear into the heart of those who wear only twolayered leather.

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Waalx
Forum Master

well if I remember correctly, chitin gears where the weakest in Morrowind right?

so it's not really important. yet just looking at it I can already invent some sword moves just to make use of the two hooks at the tip of the blade. Imagine you hook the neck of an enemy with that and pull ... nasty wound I gather.
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

chitin was the strongest lightarmor under glass, well it was above fur and leather anyway. ;)

co-leader TES4 Valenwood