Ailsa's attempts at screen-shooting

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

My normal view of my character as I don't use fast travel :lol:
I think the mammoths look superb :D
Dragon fighting :arg:
I love the scenery in this game
Floating boots :?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

LOL at the floating boots. I've seen lots of floating stuff, and things that disappear as soon as you select them...ie stuff on tables and even bandits when they die sometimes.

I don't fast travel either, usually, since exploration and finding new things is what most of the game is about despite what some say about the scenery all looking the same...they must be playing a different game than we are. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

LoL the floating boots are indeed funny. And the scenery in Skyrim can indeed be very beautiful at moments you do not expect, especially if you use Ultra Realistic World Lighting for Skryim BETA from the author MGE. Well at least i think it makes Skyrim even better looking then it already was, much more colourful. :)

As for fast travel i try not to do so, but there are times that i just do not want to travel pack across the long roads. But usually it is not a good idea to fast travel, because for some reason that is a moment when a Dragon appears most of the times. ( At least it is like that in my game. )

A dragon encounter becomes very troublesome if you use a mod like Deadly Dragons or Mighty Dragons. ( I use Mighty Dragons. )
Maigrets
Admin

As for fast travel i try not to do so, but there are times that i just do not want to travel pack across the long roads. But usually it is not a good idea to fast travel, because for some reason that is a moment when a Dragon appears most of the times. ( At least it is like that in my game. )

A dragon encounter becomes very troublesome if you use a mod like Deadly Dragons or Mighty Dragons. ( I use Mighty Dragons. )
Isn't that the truth. :cheese: It happens in vanilla as well or it did with me before mods. That's another reason I don't fast travel unless I really have to...like unloading gear if both my companion and I are close to being over-encumbered. A Frost dragon (Deadly Dragons) at the Riften stables wiped out half of the NPC's including the Horse dealers and the Argonian at the docks with the Lexicon quest which I had to console to start. You can't get into that ruin (I think) without the quest object.

Blasted dragon wouldn't land anywhere close so I could get there before it took off again, and I don't have THE shout yet with my new character even though she's level 38 now.

I read on the Wiki that important NPC's who die end up in the Hall of the Dead in each city so you can get items off them, especially quest ones, but she wasn't there and when I tried the console to move me to her she was in a test cell but without the object I needed. The other NPC's were in the Hall though so I took the Stables key (and a few other things they won't need anymore)from their coffins...lol.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah it is a pain when a dragon kills a quest character, i hat that happen twice ever since i started playing Skyrim. ( Luckily only twice. ) Mighty Dragons tries to solve that by having NPCs flee, although that is only for levels 1 to 9. ( :o ) Still it helps a bit.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Just a few shots from my recent peregrinations around Skyrim :)

Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Very beautiful pictures Aisla, i especially like the one with the Aurora in it and the one with Talos statue. :)

And i see you are using the Asteria mod. I saw the videos about it and it looks really great. One day i have to try that mod out.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you ^_^

I adore the Asteria mod, and the creator has added a book which gives a delightful history to the creation of the ship ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

I must say I always like pictures with dragons, and the first screen shot actually looks like it's not necessarily a death scene, but a victory for both. I find the third picture to be very emotive. :)

I'm hanging out for the day someone makes an easy to use pose mod like we had in Oblivion, but I'd just settle for expression on my characters face if that doesn't happen.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Thank you ^_^ I never used pose mods in Oblivion as they always broke my game, but I am trying out the Dovakhiin Relaxes mod. It has given me one or two fun moments and I must explore more of it's features ^_^
Maigrets
Admin

I have Dovakhiin Relaxes, but haven't tried it yet, along with some other mods, mainly because I don't want anything to mess up my current character's saves. This game is much more fragile with more restrictions than Oblivion. I lost level 50+ and level 40+ characters after the last patch due to save corruption and the navmesh bug, so I'm more overly cautious with Skyrim than I was with Oblivion. I could easily fix most things in that game. Not so much with Skyrim. :-(
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I really like the Dwemer Ruins in Skyrim, they show even more so how hugely advanced the Dwemer where then they already did in the previous TES games. Also the two close ups of the Dragons at the bottom are especially great looking, did you turn of the AI to take those close ups?
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I use "tfc 1" in the console which freezes the game and toggles a floating camera which you can then move around with the W, A, S, D keys. I also use "sucsm 3" (or 5) to reduce the steps that the camera moves until I get into the position I want to take the shot. I still haven't mastered the timing of hitting the console key to get true action shots but I am getting there :-D-)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ah yes good old tfc 1, i use that one as well. I did not know the sucsm command, will have to remember that one thanks Ailsa. :)

Getting a truly good action shot is difficult, especially if you try to get a shot while getting a killmove. I hat a few great looking magic killmoves today, but they where all a fail because i was not fast enough to reach the screenshot button in time. :)
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

Killmoves are allegedly the perfect time to use tfc 1 so that you can get the best angle before taking the shot but I keep hitting the wrong key when I try to hit the console button o_O :P LOL
Maigrets
Admin

Ailsa wrote:Killmoves are allegedly the perfect time to use tfc 1 so that you can get the best angle before taking the shot but I keep hitting the wrong key when I try to hit the console button o_O :P LOL
I tried that with a dragon finishing move where the dragon was facing away from me, but it didn't work. I couldn't move the free camera like I can if it's just normal gameplay. Maybe because it's a cinematic... :-o Usually I just spam the Print Screen key during kill moves if I'm quick enough, which hasn't happened with an archery move because they are too fast and I'm not expecting it. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be...lol
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: I tried that with a dragon finishing move where the dragon was facing away from me, but it didn't work. I couldn't move the free camera like I can if it's just normal gameplay. Maybe because it's a cinematic... :-o
Yeah that does not work for me either unfortunately.
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver

I have been wandering around trying to get my Bard character established. He is Yvannia's long lost elder brother who has recently discovered that she is still alive. He hasn't seen her since she was 3 years old 8-)

I am not quite sure what had happened in the shot above :shock:

Maigrets
Admin

What is your Khajiit doing? I'm going with mourning the death of feline cousins... :P

Solitude is a beautiful city. I'm really liking the scenery shots.

I can't get into Solitude at the moment via normal means because a Magma Dragon is terrorizing the outside gates and the only place to hide is a small guard post. I can't see anything through it's flame attacks (Deadly Dragons) which also "stick" on everything, so it blocks me in the guard post as well. Poor Marcurio, Meeko (both essential) and the guards. :-(

I usually get dragons popping up on the rare occasions I fast travel, but I could see this one from a long, long way from the city, and it wasn't going away.

I left and went off to do other things for a few days, so maybe it's given up by now... lol