Fessels Skryim Screenshots

Share your screenshots from Skyrim here.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Sounds more like you have a conflict with another mod, especially if it affects things like followers idles etc. Does Requiem even do anything with followers? It's got over 4000 endorsements so if those problems were common I doubt that would be the case.

Wherever I've read anything about the mod on forums I only see how hard it is, but not things you're experiencing except some where their system couldn't handle it. I assume it's pretty heavily scripted but since there's little to no information on the mod page it's hard to tell. I know there's a manual to download, but I'm not going to use the mod anyway so..

I was just reading some stuff about it on another forum and it seems to affect much more than SkyRe does, in fact everything about the game. That's great in itself but the game engine wasn't meant to handle all that extra content especially on older systems. All those changes to the AI take a lot of processing power. Creatures, vampires and werewolves, user interface, thievery, player homes, the game time scale, factions and even horses, heavy scripts (and more) so I'm not surprised it can have some issues.

I know you did it on a dare but it seems like masochism to me....lol.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Maigrets wrote:I was just reading some stuff about it on another forum and it seems to affect much more than SkyRe does, in fact everything about the game. That's great in itself but the game engine wasn't meant to handle all that extra content especially on older systems. All those changes to the AI take a lot of processing power. Creatures, vampires and werewolves, user interface, thievery, player homes, the game time scale, factions and even horses, heavy scripts (and more) so I'm not surprised it can have some issues.

Hmm you could have a point, i never thought about it in that manner. I assumed it was not more heavy then Skyrim Redone with the scripts. But it does indeed do more then SkyRe. Well any way the things you mention are still reason for me to stop with Requiem, and deal with the fact that i will never hear the end of it from the person who dared me. I think i will start brainstorming for a way to get back at him. :twisted:
Maigrets wrote:I know you did it on a dare but it seems like masochism to me....lol.
Yeah it is a whole different level of pain alright, the worst moment i hat was when Maiev...Inigo and Hoth got attacked by 4 giant Frostbite Spiders and one smaller sized Frostbite. ( Which was still about twice the site of the vanilla Frostbite. ) :shock: :hang:
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

Hmm you could have a point, i never thought about it in that manner. I assumed it was not more heavy then Skyrim Redone with the scripts. But it does indeed do more then SkyRe. Well any way the things you mention are still reason for me to stop with Requiem, and deal with the fact that i will never hear the end of it from the person who dared me. I think i will start brainstorming for a way to get back at him. :twisted:
If you uninstalled every other mod that adds NPC's (not necessarily followers but enemies) and heavily scripted mods and just tried Requiem on it's own you would possibly be OK. I gather since it was a dare you wouldn't care so much about keeping the character for a long time anyway.
Yeah it is a whole different level of pain alright, the worst moment i hat was when Maiev...Inigo and Hoth got attacked by 4 giant Frostbite Spiders and one smaller sized Frostbite. ( Which was still about twice the site of the vanilla Frostbite. ) :shock: :hang:
Like the Legendary level of difficulty that Bethesda added, I don't find it fun when enemies are damage sponges and I have half the original health, or whatever it is and fights take ages. I don't want to be one hitting anything either but when every single thing works against me to make it harder without a real reason besides making it harder....To me it's artificial and boring. I think SkyRe took it to the right level without going over the top.

It wouldn't be so bad if the AI was 50% better, but it's not and there's only so much a mod can do with engine limits. The enemy still runs at you like suicidal maniacs, or they ninja dodge arrows ( ;-(( ) mages spam frost attacks and literally everything is hostile.

I play Dark Souls for a realistic challenge and that cool rewarding feeling when I accomplish something difficult, not Skyrim. DS has an awesome Lore and story and can consume 100's and 100's of hours of playtime. Not that I've played that long, but I know of others who have.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:If you uninstalled every other mod that adds NPC's (not necessarily followers but enemies) and heavily scripted mods and just tried Requiem on it's own you would possibly be OK. I gather since it was a dare you wouldn't care so much about keeping the character for a long time anyway.

It most likely would play better if i install some of the scripted mods, but i like the mods i use since a long time more then Requiem. Requiem has many good things so i might try it again some day...who knows. And you are also correct about me not caring so much about the Requiem version of Maiev. I have made the new version of Maiev a Thief / Assassin again...but she now comes with a twist...something that is not beneficial to a Thief / Assassin. :grin:
Maigrets wrote:Like the Legendary level of difficulty that Bethesda added, I don't find it fun when enemies are damage sponges and I have half the original health, or whatever it is and fights take ages. I don't want to be one hitting anything either but when every single thing works against me to make it harder without a real reason besides making it harder....To me it's artificial and boring. I think SkyRe took it to the right level without going over the top.
Well one thing from Requiem that i liked, was the fact that it increases the damage that my player and enemies can do. It really does add a huge difference during combat, it makes it faster and much more deadly. So that damage increase was something i would already miss in a new game. Yesterday afternoon i first tested Kuertee's Skill Based Damage Mod with SkyRe and the rest of the mods i installed for the new version of Maiev...but it kept on stalling / stopping it's scripts in game so i hat to remove it.

But then while searching the Nexus i found this mod from GrimyBunyip called SkyTweak

Among a huge number of other things it also allows for players to set the damage ratios of both player and enemies. ( Also the damage multipliers per difficulty level. ) I have made a beginning yesterday but i have not met any enemies yet...that will begin this evening. :) I did make changes in the SkyTweak MCM and it will be interesting to see what happens in the part of the game that will add the none beneficial part. :twisted:
Maigrets wrote:I play Dark Souls for a realistic challenge and that cool rewarding feeling when I accomplish something difficult, not Skyrim. DS has an awesome Lore and story and can consume 100's and 100's of hours of playtime. Not that I've played that long, but I know of others who have.
Maybe one day i will try out Dark Souls, but i guess i will do that after i have been able to update my computer a bit. :)
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I wish you luck in your ongoing search for the perfect combat mod. Poor Maiev :-( ...lol.
Well one thing from Requiem that i liked, was the fact that it increases the damage that my player and enemies can do. It really does add a huge difference during combat, it makes it faster and much more deadly. So that damage increase was something i would already miss in a new game. Yesterday afternoon i first tested Kuertee's Skill Based Damage Mod with SkyRe and the rest of the mods i installed for the new version of Maiev...but it kept on stalling / stopping it's scripts in game so i hat to remove it.
Well, SkyRe does exactly that. It balances the player and enemies which is why weapons and armour have higher stats. I find it quite a challenge at times when starting anew. If I'm not careful I can die in the tutorial and potions work over time as well so without the healing spell it can be interesting. Of course I could leave all the combat to Ralof, but I can't help getting in there and bashing a few Imperials.

SkyRe is also balanced to play on Default or Expert difficulty as it says in the description, so playing on higher difficulty it will unbalance the changes it makes entirely.

Maybe one day i will try out Dark Souls, but i guess i will do that after i have been able to update my computer a bit. :)
It's a straight console port so you shouldn't have any trouble. There is a graphics "fix" for the people who care so much about looks and which also does a few other things. I'm not using it (or any other mods) though, not because of system requirements but it can be buggy and as far as I'm concerned the game looks very good as it is.

The reason I like the combat so much is that every weapon has it's own move set, levels with your attributes (most but not all), and can be upgraded at a blacksmith (and downgraded if necessary) and there are so many different builds one can create. It's also realistic in that you feel a weapon hitting your shield and conversely you feel your weapon strike the enemy. Armour matters - heavy for tanks, light or none for fast movement or something in between. You can mix and match to a situation anyway.

I'm not trying to convince you to play it though so I take no responsibility if you ever decide to and don't like it... :P . It's not a game for everyone. You need to have a lot of patience on a 1st playthrough, learn through dying (which isn't as bad as people make it out to be...lol), and be strategic. It doesn't hold your hand in any shape or form.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Well, SkyRe does exactly that. It balances the player and enemies which is why weapons and armour have higher stats. I find it quite a challenge at times when starting anew. If I'm not careful I can die in the tutorial and potions work over time as well so without the healing spell it can be interesting. Of course I could leave all the combat to Ralof, but I can't help getting in there and bashing a few Imperials.

SkyRe is also balanced to play on Default or Expert difficulty as it says in the description, so playing on higher difficulty it will unbalance the changes it makes entirely.
I know SkyRe does that already, but all the weapons and creatures in Requiem do a whole lot more damage then weapons in SkyRe on Expert. And that means enemies in Requiem can kill your character extremely fast, especially Archers and Mages. It makes you think more then twice before engaging in a fight, you have to set priorities to enemies and come up with strategies to deal with them accordingly. That is what i already missed after i decided to give up on Requiem and Return to SkyRe.

SkyTweak...among a huge amount of other stuff, gives the same opportunity. As such Fights are no longer a drag so to speak, but are resolved fast as they are in real life. I can already see why so many people seem to like SkyTweak. :)
Maigrets wrote:I'm not trying to convince you to play it though so I take no responsibility if you ever decide to and don't like it... :P . It's not a game for everyone. You need to have a lot of patience on a 1st playthrough, learn through dying (which isn't as bad as people make it out to be...lol), and be strategic. It doesn't hold your hand in any shape or form.
Do not worry Maigrets, i know that you are not trying to convince me to play it. :)

It is when i see that game mentioned by some one, then i always think about how i would do in it if i where to buy it and try to play it. I have played the Prince Of Persia series in the past, and it took me a lot of time to play through them...so when i combine these two things together and see people mention how difficult Dark Souls is i wonder how freaking long i would need to play through it. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I know SkyRe does that already, but all the weapons and creatures in Requiem do a whole lot more damage then weapons in SkyRe on Expert. And that means enemies in Requiem can kill your character extremely fast, especially Archers and Mages. It makes you think more then twice before engaging in a fight, you have to set priorities to enemies and come up with strategies to deal with them accordingly. That is what i already missed after i decided to give up on Requiem and Return to SkyRe.
I really think you are never going to find exactly what you want for combat difficulty and be satisfied with it. If you are not prepared to consider removing some heavy script mods, or whatever is causing issues with Requiem since it's the one you prefer, then you have few other choices, except maybe to do the CK work yourself and make your own adjustments.
SkyTweak...among a huge amount of other stuff, gives the same opportunity. As such Fights are no longer a drag so to speak, but are resolved fast as they are in real life. I can already see why so many people seem to like SkyTweak. :)
You have experience in these type of fights in real life? :)
Do not worry Maigrets, i know that you are not trying to convince me to play it. :)

It is when i see that game mentioned by some one, then i always think about how i would do in it if i where to buy it and try to play it. I have played the Prince Of Persia series in the past, and it took me a lot of time to play through them...so when i combine these two things together and see people mention how difficult Dark Souls is i wonder how freaking long i would need to play through it. :)
It's not as hard as people make it out to be. If you pay attention and don't play it like a button masher, it's very satisfying. It is a very big game though so if you want to see and do as much as possible it will take a lot of time.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:
You have experience in these type of fights in real life? :)
I have been in the Army for several years when i was younger, and i have been through a few unfortunate situations in those years yes. ( But that is the chance you run as a soldier. )
Maigrets wrote:It's not as hard as people make it out to be. If you pay attention and don't play it like a button masher, it's very satisfying. It is a very big game though so if you want to see and do as much as possible it will take a lot of time.
Thanks for letting me know, should i buy it i already know that there will be more then enough to do. :)

The first few screenshots. I will let most screenshots speak for themselves.

After having gone through the unknown prison for a while Maiev gets out...

Hmm there is more to this burial site then people think.

Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Great shots ^_^ I seem to have missed something though, is this a mod adding an extra quest to Ivarstead?
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Ailsa wrote:Great shots ^_^ I seem to have missed something though, is this a mod adding an extra quest to Ivarstead?
Thank you Ailsa. :)

And no the mod "Survive the Night" i linked to in the mod thread just has the prison exit closest to Ivarstead then any other village or town. So for that reason and that i could already see a bit how it would be during the night i first went to Ivarstead. Well actually another reason is that i now use a mod that allows you to deactivate Fast Travel in MCM, but at the same time adds Cart travel to and from the cities...and boat travel from 2 or 3 cities. :)

The last three screenshots are just from the part that you can enter once you get the Dragon Claw from the Bartender in Ivarstead for solving a quest for him. :)