WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

It would be helpful - I managed to read 50 pages when I first joined and left reeling with my brain seriously over-loaded :?

If someone could do a summary of useful data covered in the last 100 + pages I personally would be very grateful. I am not very computer literate and have only recently been exploring the world of mods and a lot of this goes straight over my head :?
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

washington wrote::shock:
I hope you've had a nice read!

We should really make a short description of this thread and extract useful conclusions out of it. :)
That would indeed be less than a luxury.
A huge task though.

Also,
though I can't say that I've read everything as thoroughly, I haven't seen this tip around. And it can't hurt to repeat in any case.
It's a pretty good thing to clean your WAC.esp with Tes4Edit it has near to a hundred stray Undeleted Disable references and about the same amount of "Identical to Master" records.

This far I've seen a more lively Tamriel than I could have dreamed before Wac.
The diversity in clothing, and actual active fauna is masterful.
I've encountered:
Brown Caymans-which look great, though were easly dispatched and yealed their very valuable teeth.
Chimps!-! Who I helped fending off a troll. Most lovable creatures.
White Manti- Which was pretty scary and though; I found it eating the sheep flock of my manor...
Brusy Scamp-Summoned by a Conjurer in some lovely robes. The creature was decorated with bracelets and chains.
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

first off I do have many many mods installed, but in order to give the most basic version of WAC a try I deactivated all but a few and tried to play but I always get a crash when exiting to the main menu (not the game per se - I do have fast exit2 dll so that might be why).

anyway very annoying - need to reload the game after every death - and in an unleveled world that is common.

Has this been addressed? Is there a fix?

Current load order that this happens with:
00 Oblivion.esm
01 Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm
02 DLCShiveringIsles.esp
03 WAC - Crowded Roads Revisited.esp [Version 1.1]
04 WAC.esp
05 WAC - OverSpawn.esp
... as basic as I could get it.

Even tested with a brand new character.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

I load the WAC esp before all the other optional esps
give me your sword
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Tried loading the WAC.esp before the other WAC.esp mods and still crashes on exit to menu.

Saddened by this - very disappointing.

Does this happen to others at all - can't figure it out.

From what I understand (and that is very limited) is that this can occur when there are dirty and wild edits.

I then used tes4edit to clean the WAC.esp of duplicate (same as Oblivion.esm) entries and set all deletions to disabled (not that there are any mods loading after that would trigger that.

Still crash on exit to main menu - kinda makes it not fun to play.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I don't know if WAC causes it, but it is likely. Have you tried if you get the crash without WAC?

And it is recommended (at least I heard so) that we quit the game instead of reloading because it acts weird or something ( I don't remember the details ).

I think that I had that crash before, but seems to me that it was even before WAC. I have no idea if it happens now.
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Well I've run a full FCOM+200 other mods for over a year with no crash on going to main menu.

So yes - especially with this primarily vanilla load order no crashes on exit - add WAC and it crashes on exit every time - for me.

I noticed this when trying to implement Neil's OOO patch, but then further testing reduced my load order down to just vanilla and it is happening all the time.

As for exiting to main menu - yes it is considered good practice to exit the game first - especially if you try to reload in the same cell where you died, but if you are not doing that and you did not die and just want to reload somewhere else then not as essential (if not done over and over).

There is some disagreement about how essential this is.

On the other hand a game that crashes to desktop just by exiting to the main menu does not sound stable to me.

Not trying to cast derision - if no one else is getting this - I'd like to know as well.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Have you cleaned the plugins with TES4Edit? (undelete & disable and another one that I can't remember right now)
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Yes I've tested with both uncleaned and cleaned versions of the WAC.esp

same effect either way.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

I just spend some time updating my Cosmetic plugin so that WAC's races make use of the Merged Teeth, so that bearded persona will not have a toothless jaw.
Is there interest in a separate plugin esp that does this?

I had my first encounter with greenies...man, they are annoying beyond fun.
A single one of them is stronger, tougher, faster and more deadly than an an Ogre in OOO...
I like their concept allot...but not like this.

Anyway,while I was sneaking around trying not to get noticed by a group of them guarding the cave I had to enter,
I got hit from behind, where I stared into the bright eyes of a black Timber Wolf, so, fending of it´s blows in drew towards the forest, where I could jump on a rock to try and shoot the thing with a few arrows.
I would have succeeded, if a huge Yeti didn´t scare me right of of it again...
Searching for even higher ground, I stumbled across the boulders.
And just as I had climbed on a natural arch...a female Ogre ran into the scene...
Well, my character never made it out of that place, I can assure you that.:P
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Well WAC isn't levelled. Stick on the roads the first 10/15 levels for sure. It will get you one shot killed by the stronger baddies.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Yeah a few things will 1 hit you. Up till level ten there was an imp with a lesser power that would just blast my ass dead
give me your sword
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Playing again for the first time in a long while, and I'm continually awed by Alex's work.

So much, done so well by one guy!

I'm also trying out Cypress House and The Lost Tomb while I'm at it. I'd like to congratulate both modders on a job well done. It's a shame I'm too late to give Anja The Whisperer the proper feedback he deserved.

Also, if y'all haven't tried any of MasterAub's other quest mods, you should give them a shot, I'm currently playing through A Sorceress Love, and having a blast.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

Well, I got it all pretty much smoothed out now.
Playing with OOO,Armadantarium complete, CB and loads more.
The only problem that remains is that, sometimes, I get a CTD when looting certain items from a corpse.
Apparently, without reason, since I haven't seen any consistencies in what was taken.
When reloading and retaking the same things however, the CTS is persistent.

Is this a know problem?

Also, I raided the Brown Goblin Camp West of Chorol, which was a blast.
In my game there is a gap in the terrain before the main entrance, is this caused by UL Colovian Highlands?
Also:
-The Chief had a jewelery case called "Change" with the Breton Smithy Display Key and some gold.
-Some chests with hard and very hard locks...with lowlevel clutter loot>.<.

Some model oddities:
-Copper Helmet's world model has some black bands on the sides.
-when I Picke up the Ebony Mail, all was fine. But when I dropped it again, I got a CTD.

Wac is, no matter what, awesome though. I can't believe how much quality creatures I see in such diversity. The world is apsolutely amazing now.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

I haven't heard of or experienced CTD problem like yours.
Do you maybe know which item from which corpse?

About the gap in the landscape, it could be UL or any other mod that changes landscape in the same cell.

To display cell in which you are type to console TDT and then SDT 31 (or maybe sdt31 without the space).
Then, you should get text in upper right corner of the screen which (among other things) tells the position of player.

Then we (you) can test the conflicting mod in TES4Edit. :)
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

I'll have a look at what Tes4Edit tells me than.:)
Edit: Yes, Chorrol Hitherlands is the culprit.

Well, this far, it has happened to me on the corpses of:
A Wood Witch-When I took her bracelet and shirt.
A Bandit Bowman-When I took his Green Fur Kilt
a Battlehorn Man in Arms-Don't know, took all.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hmm... I know that I had met some wood witches, they had some ridiculously expensive amulets and some unique rings, but I don't know if I looted anything more from them. In any case there was no CTD.
I don't remember seeing any green kilts or or battlethorn people.

EDIT: I suggest that you get FormID Finder if you don't have it so that you can easy identify items (in world and inventory as well).
You can write down suspicious items.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

Yeah, I have it in my modlist for things like this pretty much all the time.:)

The green kilt is part of Armamentarium.;)

Edited Chorrol Hinterlands, and all is pretty again now.

I just had a Rhino run into the castle wreaking havoc.
Poor thing.
Wikinger
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

First i would thank Waalx for that bright Mod and hope he continue his work for a long time.

And now i have a question.
Is in WAC an full Bandit overhaul? I use WAC with OOO. Is that incompatible?
I deativate OOO and i note not an difference by Level-Marker Enemys.
,___,
[O.O] Put this owl on your profile
/)__) If you've seen the Cremation of Care
-"--"- Ritual at Bohemian Grove
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

There's a patch available if you want to use WAC with OOO. Look for it in this thread.