WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
C. Nial DeMencha
Unsteady Sworduser

I should have waited like 6 posts to post my patch. That way it would have been easy to remember: page 100. Ah well. Page 99 is memorable too. More so in Germany thanks to a very popular New Wave song by Nene.

http://www.filefront.com/14907189/WAC-OOO.esp

Edit: Again, if anyone has any feedback concerning the patch, please post it here! That way I know what I can improve and fix. Thank you.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

C. Nial DeMencha wrote:I should have waited like 6 posts to post my patch. That way it would have been easy to remember: page 100. Ah well. Page 99 is memorable too. More so in Germany thanks to a very popular New Wave song by Nene.

Edit: Again, if anyone has any feedback concerning the patch, please post it here! That way I know what I can improve and fix. Thank you.
I think you could open a new thread since this one is too cluttered. I've decided to make a summary but I just don't have enough time unfortunately so it will have to wait for better times...
Hellbishop
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

C. Nial DeMencha wrote:I should have waited like 6 posts to post my patch. That way it would have been easy to remember: page 100. Ah well. Page 99 is memorable too. More so in Germany thanks to a very popular New Wave song by Nene.

So far i gots no complaints MAN Everything is working perfectly with OSCURO'S OBLIVION OVERHAUL and WAC. I have yet to have a crash with your mesmerising patch which holds me spellbound C. Nial DeMencha. Only time i crash is when i exit the game which is normal and causes no harm.

Thanks again for this special gift of skilled mod workmanship C. Nial DeMencha.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hellbishop wrote:
C. Nial DeMencha wrote:Only time i crash is when i exit the game which is normal and causes no harm.
Use OBSE and it's plugin Fast Exit 2 to prevent that.
JulesTR
Fumbling Sworduser

I've tried all the RealSwords plugins of yours, had a lot of fun, and now I'm going for the big thing. But I just have one small question. Do I have to uninstall all of the RealSwords plugins?
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Yes, they are integrated in this mod.
DarkRuler2500
Fumbling Sworduser

I would do so because I did not at first and then I got each sword twice because WAC and RealSwords put those blades into the game.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Does anybody else seem to get a disease during every fight? I mean it's kinda cool that they're more deadly but everything I fight gives me some kind of disease

Also there seems to be some kind of bug with curing them. If I use a cure disease potion the effect is removed from my active effects page but it still lingers, and there's no way to cure it. My character is completely crippled right now and I can't get rid of any of the ailments
give me your sword
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Could it be from some other mod? I have never experienced that.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

I've got no other mod that adds disease or really effects gameplay in that way
give me your sword
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I'm noticing a similar problem, maybe not as extreme, but I'm getting diseased all the time and they don't always cure.
Wikinger
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

So, if i play OOO and WAC with the WAC-OOO Patch, there are still some Bugs. There is one in Skingrads smithy, and one in Brumas. Ever when i step indoor, the Interior House Model is gone and i fall.

And i have a question.
Have Waalx ever think about new Armors/Weapons/Stuff for the Vampires?
,___,
[O.O] Put this owl on your profile
/)__) If you've seen the Cremation of Care
-"--"- Ritual at Bohemian Grove
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Wikinger wrote:So, if i play OOO and WAC with the WAC-OOO Patch, there are still some Bugs. There is one in Skingrads smithy, and one in Brumas. Ever when i step indoor, the Interior House Model is gone and i fall....
So, the drill...

Use FormIDFinder or type in console TDT and then SDT31, or any other way to get the form ID of the smithy cell.
Write that form Id.

Load WAC mods, OOO and Patch in TES4Edit.

Search for that form id and check which of these mods edit it. If none, it will be only Oblivion.esm.

If yes, remove that edit and please post what you found and solution in bugs thread because this thread is too cluttered.
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Wikinger wrote:Have Waalx ever think about new Armors/Weapons/Stuff for the Vampires?
I asked the same question back in 2008:

"Speaking of which, any thoughts on diversifying the vampires like you're doing with the bandits? Granted there's still more then enough stuff that you're already working on, just wondering if it was something you were at all interested in.

If you are, maybe StarX could help? Vanilla Vampires Revised is great, something similar could fit into WAC...assuming ya'll are interested, of course."
StarX wrote:Glad you like SVVR, that's always good to hear. I still need to fix some stuff, but at the moment I rather help out here on WAC, as it's such an amazing project. I have no idea if Alex has any plans for the vampires as of yet, but if any help is needed I'm right here.
Waalx wrote:Always had a passion for vampires stories since I was like... 8 years old (I read the 700 pages Dracula at that age). But now.. vampires in Oblivion are something I could touch later, although if I do it's going to be different from what there is now. Always felt the vampires where just like bandits or marauders but with vampiric powers.
I kind of dislike vampires that fight with weapons and armors, so my vampires would be deadly Hand to Hand and great mages, but never in armors or with weapons. They would get an incredible endurance instead and as armor.

I do have ideas on this, don't know if I'll have time... I didn't even covered all the vanilla creatures types yet.
C. Nial DeMencha
Unsteady Sworduser

Wikinger wrote:So, if i play OOO and WAC with the WAC-OOO Patch, there are still some Bugs. There is one in Skingrads smithy, and one in Brumas. Ever when i step indoor, the Interior House Model is gone and i fall.

And i have a question.
Have Waalx ever think about new Armors/Weapons/Stuff for the Vampires?
The WAC-OOO patch does not change any cells. If there is a cell problem in "plain" WAC or WAC and OOO combined without the patch, my patch will not solve the problem.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

The OOO patch also doesn't touch the weapons, which makes most non-wac weapons uselless now.:(
I'm staggered by the amount of weapons there are, but also anoyed by the current state.
But, if C. Nial DeMencha doesn't mind and wasn't planning on doing this, I think I'll give it a go and get them more in sync with OOO...
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I used to play OOO, and I enjoyed it very much at the time, but now that I've used WAC, I can't imagine going back or trying to combine them.

Out of curiosity to those of you who play them together, not as a criticism at all, but with the amount, variety, and consistent quality of all the creatures added by WAC, doesn't the inclusion of OOO make things seem crowded? Do the various creatures, armors, and weapons of OOO appearing next to WAC ones look odd in the same game together?
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

Well, no, not really, though I can see what you mean, it doesn't bother me that much.
To me it's only a small part which seem somewhat lacking in quality, surely compared to WAC's stuff.

Creature wise, yes it is crowded, but that makes the wilderness just more awesome, though the relations between creatures of both mods hasn't been exploited yet, but that can just as well make for lovely situations.
I just fought a Bandit Ringleader in a combination of Armantarium/OOO/Wac equipment supported by a gang of Greylings. That's just pure awesomeness.

I am all for extreme variety and choice, so the extra bulks of items are just a bliss for me.:)
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Same thing here Krimsyn Kane, I used to play OOO too but quite frankly if I miss some of the quests I really feel having both is somehow overdoing it a little (specially in terms of creatures & weapons).

These days WAC has taken over...
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
C. Nial DeMencha
Unsteady Sworduser

Artfact wrote:The OOO patch also doesn't touch the weapons, which makes most non-wac weapons uselless now.:(
I'm staggered by the amount of weapons there are, but also anoyed by the current state.
But, if C. Nial DeMencha doesn't mind and wasn't planning on doing this, I think I'll give it a go and get them more in sync with OOO...
Ah yes- good point. Weapon stats pretty much fall under "consistency issues," which I have not addressed. This also shouldn't be difficult to fix for Wrye Bash users thanks to its weapon stats spreadsheet importing and exporting feature. I currently have neither Wrye Bash nor, in fact, Oblivion installed on my PC (switched to Linux a few days ago because my Windows 7 RC installation was no longer valid), so I'm not really up for modding right now, but it's not a difficult task.

The problem is that you don't want to adjust WAC's stats (I assume); you want to fit all other weapons to WAC's damage convention. This means that you would have to create a spreadsheet patch for every mod. Also, spreadsheet import/exports are only available to Wrye Bash users, who, apparently, are in the minority. So it's not a difficult task by any means, it's just a lot of dull repitition and will never be complete.

You could try to create an oblivion script that basically loops through all the items in a cell and every actor's inventory and modifies the weapon damage to some convention that is close to WAC. This would mean every mod is covered, it involves less dull work and is more of an engaging task to solve, but it would also lose the ability to modify weapons on an individual basis.

I myself would always choose the latter; however, I do not know how well you can script. If you would prefer this method but are having trouble with the implementation, I can probably send you some code snippets despite not having any modding tools available to me right now.