Creature mesh problems

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
lonewolf_kai
Unsteady Sworduser

Hello,
I migrated my Oblivion game over to a Windows7 computer and noticed that some of the creatures from WAC are not showing correctly or not at all. For example, the Vanir giants show up as only the fur kilts they wear and that's all you see, but I'm not seeing a WTF yellow box as if the mesh was missing. Also, on some of the creatures, I see stretching all the way off the screen. What's more, half the other creatures look fine. I'm at a loss on this one. Any ideas what it could be?

Edit: I just loaded up the WAC.esp in the CS and went to creatures, xivilia, Vanir giant and then tried the preview, and got this error message:
"Model Load Error: in Creatures\xivilia\WACBodyVanirGiantYoung.nif. Will use the default object Marker_error.nif."

And "Could not find parent node extra data for 'base creatures\xivilia\WACBodyVanirGiantYoung.nif'.

I'm also getting similar messages for the other creatures that aren't working too.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Hi! :hello:

That's odd. I use Win 7 and everything seems to work, however I haven't seen the Xivilai in game myself as I don't do the main quest and I assume that's the only place they would be found.

You need to load the esm only and check things from there instead of the esp, but I just checked and I also got the mesh error message.

Regarding the stretching...I believe this is due to a texture problem, but I'm no expert. It's not something I've seen though with WAC but I'm not saying it's not there.

Unfortunately, it's not something I know how to fix so you could PM Waalx and see if he has any ideas.

And "Could not find parent node extra data for 'base creatures\xivilia\WACBodyVanirGiantYoung.nif'.
You don't need to worry about this one as far as gameplay. It's a message about no matching vanilla animations. A lot of custom creatures, whether it's WAC or another mod get this when loaded in the CS, but the mod will work fine. Several of my own mods use custom creature resources, for example Mr Siika's foxes and this shows up in most cases. It's nothing to be concerned about. If you click "yestoall" it will resolve itself when working in the CS.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
lonewolf_kai
Unsteady Sworduser

Thanks for the response Maigrets. I'll try the esm tonight and see what happens.

Here's the really weird thing, the XP computer works perfectly fine with the creatures. It's just the Win7 computer that doesn't seem to like them. I guess it could also be the graphics card I suppose.

Normally I ignore those CS messages because of what you said, but I started paying attention to them when I started to dig into why the creature meshes weren't showing up properly. The Model load error though is a new one to me. I'll PM Waalx about it.

Thanks again.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

If you haven't done that already you should try to re-install WAC. It smells like the file is corrupt somehow.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
lonewolf_kai
Unsteady Sworduser

MasterAub wrote:If you haven't done that already you should try to re-install WAC. It smells like the file is corrupt somehow.
I thought about that too. I'm going to redownload it again tonight and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

EDIT: Unfortunately, that did not work either.

EDIT2: Finally figured it out! :happy: I had to manually extract the textures from those specific creatures and place them into their own folders outside of the BSA in order for them to work. I have no idea why I had to do that for those particular ones but they are working now.