WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Hmm that is odd, i can go to TESA and the download starts? And i do not think it was uploaded any where else?
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

There might be something you can do for me. Could you povide me with the admin email, I can't even get it (don't have outlook). Thanks if you can, don't worry if you can't.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Well i think DarkRider is the Admin there, but i can not seem to find an email address. There is just the option of sending him a message, but that is not much use for you.

So i can either send him a message for you, and see what comes out of it. Or you could try to contact him on the bethesda forums.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/user/437457-darkrider/
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
MasterAub
The Second

Hi Fessel,

Thank you mate. I've contacted Dark Sider and he is helping me accessing TESA.
The best in the TES community is the help and overall frienship that has developped along those years. That is really priceless.
Thanks again for taking the time to read and help.

Regards

MasterAub
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

My pleasure, good to see things will be straightened out for you now. :)
MasterAub
The Second

I finally got WAC again...and will install it tomorrow.

Thanks again
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

That is good to hear, have fun playing Oblivion. :)
usernamesux
Unsteady Sworduser

I was just thinking, I have a bunch of creature and npc sounds (attack, idle, death etc), environmental sounds, music from the Baldurs Gate series. They are great for adding depth to creatures, npc's and the environment (country, city and dungeons). They are all ripped from the forgotten realms games, but I see a lot of that stuff on the nexus and I think the copyright has run out on it? I will need to double check on that.

If interested I can supply these sounds as a resource
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

I would be very careful with doing that usernamesux, the Nexus Team no longer allows ripped content from other games. The will ban you if you do.
usernamesux
Unsteady Sworduser

Ah ok thanks for that Fessels, that's good to know. I was considering posting there (some of the content I would post is already there in multiple files), but I won't now. I could still post it elsewhere off Nexus. It needs work, all sound files need to be made louder for starters. When I'm done I will post it in 4shared or something so all can have access to more resources.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

You'll get banned at Nexus for even mentioning using something from another game let alone uploading it, so yeah, like Fessels said best to steer clear. The only game resources I know of that are allowed are from the Witcher and another I can't remember the name of atm because those devs are OK with it.

If you can supply proof from the actual developers of a particular game that their stuff is free to use then you should be OK, but still be careful.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Tracinya
Reader

Everyone should buy the Witcher several times just out of the principle that those developers are the nicest in the world.
I am that which grips the heart in fright,
hearkens night and silences the light
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

usernamesux wrote:Ah ok thanks for that Fessels, that's good to know. I was considering posting there (some of the content I would post is already there in multiple files), but I won't now. I could still post it elsewhere off Nexus. It needs work, all sound files need to be made louder for starters. When I'm done I will post it in 4shared or something so all can have access to more resources.

Your welcome. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Tracinya wrote:Everyone should buy the Witcher several times just out of the principle that those developers are the nicest in the world.
They certainly are and set an example to other devs. I mean Bethesda don't even allow using assets between their own games let alone port them to other games.

I have Witcher 1&2 but I couldn't get into either of them, mainly due to game mechanics which takes away the enjoyment of a great story. I believe they are making a real open world game so I hope that's true.

The other game I was trying to remember is S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Assets from that game can also be used.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
usernamesux
Unsteady Sworduser

I own both Witcher games, but need to upgrade my pc before I can play 2 ;) (that, and I loaned it to a friend and have yet to see it returned). The Witcher books are a great read as well, I just wish more were translated to english.

It seems like a good portion of mods I play are against copyright, but I enjoy them. Looks like using Baldurs Gate stuff is, but I will work on it anyway. Well Nexus arent the only site.

Even using a character from another game in a mod is against copyright. It makes the work of Waalx more appreciated as it is an original creation.
Maigrets
Admin

What people do in their own game is their business but it's when they knowingly upload copyright assets and assets made by other modders without permission that things get murky. As you said Nexus isn't the only mod site and because of that many people are sometimes not aware of what is copyright and what isn't.

Many people who port assets from other games, or use models etc made by other modders without explicit permission don't blatantly say so, (but some do and are proud of it), so the end user who isn't knowledgeable about these things isn't going to know any different. Then that unknowing user posts screenshots on Nexus of ported mods and get banned for it.

It's a huge subject. A couple of huge mods that were in production have been told to cease and desist because of copyright concepts. One I can think of is M.E.R.P - Middle Earth Role Playing, Oblivion and Skyrim versions.