WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
shingouki
Admin

It must be great making a mod so large and fantastic that it becomes a game within a game. Thanks so much for making WAC, Waalx! Tinkering with your mod has helped me express a lot of my inner creativity and it never ceases to amaze me how extensive your talents in creating a cohesive world are.
shingouki
Admin

Generic Monk wrote:I really like the additions in this mod but I've noticed that the creatures seem to be incredibly overpowered for some reason. As in a small bear can take on 4 bandits and then kill me too. Coming off FCOM it also seems a little weird that every creature who even glimpses you will make a beeline for your jugular.
I think it's pretty realistic actually. A bear would kill most people within moments. The main point is to make the world more dangerous and untame. Vanilla Oblivion is pretty empty and the game revolves a lot around the player: (Everyone wants to fight you and everyone runs into your sword and dies...until you level up that is. >_>) WAC deals with that in a lot of ways. You never know what beasties you'll find in the wild, and even the normally "docile" creatures can come after you if you get too close and infringe on their territory. I think it's great.
DeepSoul
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1978

Is this compatible with Francesco's and does it work with existing savegames?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

DeepSoul wrote:Is this compatible with Francesco's and does it work with existing savegames?
See this thread for compatibility with other mods and overhauls.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=531
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Yeah let us hope that we will be able to finish the arena once Waalx has released the update. :)
Heretik
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1982

Decided to give Morrowind and Oblivion one last playthrough for old times sake before Skyrim consumes my life. Decided to try Wac instead of my usual overhauls...I thought I'd seen everything for Oblivion, but goddamn. 'Tis Epic, Simply bloody Epic.

/Salute
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I remembered it! A goblin cook of Fort Urasek is green. I am glad when recovered by the next update :)
wkomarecki
Fumbling Sworduser

Hi,
Should I clean WAC.esp? Tes4 shows 34 ITM.
Thank you and light for all (the winter is coming)
328x4
Fumbling Sworduser

Absolutely stunning, all but reinvents the game! Been messing around with it for a week or so, despite running a heavily modified world (FCOM, Better Cities and many others) have few problems. Occasional CTDs but live with it, this does not seem to make it any worse. Just wanted to say thank you!
zacrit
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1989

This is the very first mod in oblivion out of hundreds of mods i added my top 1# the fact it is unique and its focused to make oblivion a much more unique place, the fact that its all around the planes not just focused on a single area...Ill be sticking around to see what other perfect mods you come up with, Most Outstading job Man keep it up :)
nikolajlang
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1990

hey. i have tryed to mod the mod (wac)
and i want to make more textures to the crocodile. ""i will not put the edit on internet!!

i can make more heads, BUT wen i want to make more bodys nothing is showen (tes con) and it works fine in Nifskope. i tryed to find out why. so i loaded the croc's body (your moddel and textures)
and still nothing in (TES con)

WHY cant i edit the crocrodile's body?? (works fine with the head)

sory for bad english

(!!!I WILL NOT PUT THE CHANGE ON INTERNET THIS IS FOR MY OWN COMPUTER!!)
Maigrets
Admin

You might be better sending Waalx a PM describing your problem. You'll probably get an answer quicker because he's busy with WAC at the moment and may miss your comment.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Zippy174
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1997

WAC is the best overhaul EVER I have never played any better mods in my life fuck
NottingHillbillie
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1992

This is indeed the most well done overhaul mod ever. Really exelent work here. :)
nikolajlang
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1990

i have send him a pm. i for 7 days ago. no replay :(
Maigrets
Admin

nikolajlang wrote:i have send him a pm. i for 7 days ago. no replay :(
Try to be patient as he's busy with WAC and no doubt other things. A week isn't so long really. :)
Rites
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1975

Thank you for this (and thanx Maigret for unintentionally pointing me to it :) )

After my whole FCOM Bashing baloney that I got tired of messing with, its nice to know that there are still great mods out there that can be played without being so complicated to set up. And this works great with the Overhaul mod I currently use (Giskard's CUO as well as all his other mods) without any issues or patches.
zilav
Fumbling Sworduser

I'm trying to get WAC into my game. After installing, overwriting files with "gnoll fixed" ones and sorting load order, BOSS tells "WAC - Birds&Insects.esp Note: 11 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES4Edit cleaning". So I loaded in TES4Edit:
Oblivion.esm
Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm
WAC - Birds&Insects.esp

But cleaning ITM reported "[Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: 1040 Removed Records: 15"
Thats 4 more ITM records, have I done something wrong? Or "gnoll fixed" esp has additional intented edits?

p.s. I tried loading all WAC modules in tes4edit too, but result is the same.
Rites
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1975

zilav wrote:I'm trying to get WAC into my game. After installing, overwriting files with "gnoll fixed" ones and sorting load order, BOSS tells "WAC - Birds&Insects.esp Note: 11 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES4Edit cleaning". So I loaded in TES4Edit:
Oblivion.esm
Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm
WAC - Birds&Insects.esp

But cleaning ITM reported "[Removing "Identical to Master" records done] Processed Records: 1040 Removed Records: 15"
Thats 4 more ITM records, have I done something wrong? Or "gnoll fixed" esp has additional intented edits?

p.s. I tried loading all WAC modules in tes4edit too, but result is the same.
i dont know how everyone feels about this, but i have learned something over the past few years of playing oblivion: Mods are SUPPOSED to create conflicts, thats how they properly work with the game. bashing/tagging/tes4Editing really breaks how mods are supposed to work in oblivion. try using BOSS only as a guide for install order and ignore the whole "needs tes4edit" garbage

of course this is just an opinion, but i run 200+ mods constantly without ever "cleaning" any of them and never have any issues with my game