WAC Beta v0.1 - Downloads, comments, suggestions

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Welcome Wyvrncor and thank you for taking the time to comment. :) We look forward to your impressions whatever they may be. There's more to see in WAC than is immediately obvious as it's much more than a animal and creature overhaul.

Don't forget to check the fixes for this Beta thread if you haven't already done so.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=419
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
guntoface
Unsteady Sworduser

hi one bug i noticed is that the skingrad gaurds helmet is set to hide hair and face. then what happens is that the helmets turn sideways and the wearer has no head .

actually one other one i noticed is that the far northern goblin camp you canot enter the tent but i dont no if thats a bug

other than that it is the best mod ive ever laid eyes on :)

if i had any money i would defenitly donate it XD
Conker343qc
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

It's been a long time everyone , but i decided to break the silence !

I've been playing more than 100 hours in my new game now and i must say that your talents still amazes me, my friend.

I've lost count of how many things i found, may it be armors or creatures. Only thing i didn't touch yet is the Arena, but my brother plays with it and he thinks it's awesome.

I had lost hope of playing oblivion again since i had lost my setup a year and a half ago due to an HD crash, but i decided to try the new version of Waalx and wasn't disappointed. I decided to build my new setup around it ... i'm close to 200 mods probably and i didn't even played with big quests mods yet ... in your face, 15 hours games ...

I didn't read through all the pages i've missed, i would need to take days off to do that haha. I'll try to keep up a bit more with you guys. ;)
- Agea haelia ne jorane emero laloria...
basuras
Unsteady Sworduser

Greetings,
Since I am no modder, I can only share my game play experience for some sort of feedback. Needless to say this mod is wonderful. I do not know how many hours I have spent just exploring this WAC world. Watching the creatures interact with the world, from afar is my favorite pass time. Details in the armors, new locales, fascinating AI, the list goes on and on. Never has the Oblivion world felt more alive, all thanks to this mod. I have not found a fault in this mod, worth stating. My thanks goes to all those that made this possible. My hopes it will continue to grow, as I believe this game is an eternal classic along with this mod, so time is not an issue. Take your breaks, mod at leisure, and return when you will. My thanks once again, and best wishes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRNfcZ_8ReM
DeepSoul
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1978

HI

I've read the readme on the first page but it doesn't give me a good overview of what the mod actually does. The reason I was curious about it was mainly due to a horse bag I saw in a screenshot. I would like a full description of all the things it adds and changes please. I'm also doubtful about the realswords plugin since the originals had too high damage and prices. It was too gamebreaking so I made a tweak. Have you done any changes to the esps?
Maigrets
Admin

I've read the readme on the first page but it doesn't give me a good overview of what the mod actually does. The reason I was curious about it was mainly due to a horse bag I saw in a screenshot. I would like a full description of all the things it adds and changes please. I'm also doubtful about the realswords plugin since the originals had too high damage and prices. It was too gamebreaking so I made a tweak
I suggest you wait for the final version for a more complete and full description of what WAC adds and does. As most people seem to manage with the description as it is at the moment there shouldn't be much of a problem with waiting. WAC is perfectly stable, although it also depends on which other mods you use with it, if any, but then any problems there become yours and not problems of WAC.

This mod obviously adds more than a horse bag....there are 100's of new custom creatures, (not just re-textured vanilla), a lot of armour and weapons, shops, wandering traders, faction interaction between animal species as well as NPC's, new animations, and more. Then there's the Arena overhaul which is incomplete at the present, but perfectly playable, and will be finished in the final WAC.

Yes, there are balance issues that need sorting out, however there's only so much one person can do and the added custom content is the main concern before tweaking. Some people have make their own adjustments which you can do as well for your own use, if you like.
Have you done any changes to the esps?
It would help if you clarified this question. Which esps and which version, for example? WAC or Realswords?
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
DeepSoul
Unsteady Sworduser

Maigrets wrote:
I've read the readme on the first page but it doesn't give me a good overview of what the mod actually does. The reason I was curious about it was mainly due to a horse bag I saw in a screenshot. I would like a full description of all the things it adds and changes please. I'm also doubtful about the realswords plugin since the originals had too high damage and prices. It was too gamebreaking so I made a tweak
I suggest you wait for the final version for a more complete and full description of what WAC adds and does. As most people seem to manage with the description as it is at the moment there shouldn't be much of a problem with waiting. WAC is perfectly stable, although it also depends on which other mods you use with it, if any, but then any problems there become yours and not problems of WAC.

This mod obviously adds more than a horse bag....there are 100's of new custom creatures, (not just re-textured vanilla), a lot of armour and weapons, shops, wandering traders, faction interaction between animal species as well as NPC's, new animations, and more. Then there's the Arena overhaul which is incomplete at the present, but perfectly playable, and will be finished in the final WAC.

Yes, there are balance issues that need sorting out, however there's only so much one person can do and the added custom content is the main concern before tweaking. Some people have make their own adjustments which you can do as well for your own use, if you like.
Have you done any changes to the esps?
It would help if you clarified this question. Which esps and which version, for example? WAC or Realswords?
Sounds good. I would like to try the mod but I'm using Francesco's mod and this will obviously conflict with that. I still want the creatures from Francesco so I don't want to play without it. What is your recommendation? Can I play both mods at the same time and choose which features I want?

The esps I was referring to are the Realswords plugins, because they are very unbalanced. If I downloaded this mod I would probably want to use my own tweaks unless you've tried to balance them. I'm not concerned about the arena since I don't like it anyway.

I also think this should be uploaded on Tesnexus for easier access. Then you'll have everything at the same place instead of divided into different threads like it is here.
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

basuras, your video is really funny, a great fight with a surprising end. :lol:

DeepSoul, use Wrye Bash to mix Francescos creatures with the WAC Overspawn-esp (BOSS will give you the necessary Bash tags.). Without the overspawn-esp you can still meet some WAC-Creatures on the new spawn points. If I were you I would deinstall Frans Creature Addon for a while and only play with the WAC-Overspawn. You can turn it back whenever you want (after a respawn sleep of your char and the clean-save-procedure.)
And I think you have to tweak the weapons of both overhauls again - I don`t know if anyone has made a patch for Frans weapons till now.
Maigrets
Admin

I also think this should be uploaded on Tesnexus for easier access. Then you'll have everything at the same place instead of divided into different threads like it is here.
I think it's up to Waalx where he uploads his work and whether it's easier or not. The question people have regarding having to register to download is also debatable as you have to register at any site including Tesnexus to download large files. This mod has been in development for several years and a private forum is the best place to do that until it's final, or the author decides to do otherwise. It's not mandatory to use Tesnexus or any other site just because people would prefer it. The final version will probably end up there anyway depending on Waalx decision.

The reason there are three separate threads is because this one is for WAC only and has too much off topic and talk about making WAC work with other mods. This is not the place for it. If people want to come to the authors site and discuss how to make his mod work with other mods or overhauls they can do it in the other threads and not in this one.

The other threads were made by me to deal with these issues so please use them.

As for the Arena, it's so far from the vanilla one it's unrecognizable and more like a gladiatorial arena from ancient Rome with animals and other fighters on the ground at the same time as you and your combatant. These may also fight you if you're not careful, so it's more dangerous as well.

It also has a shop and merchant and other things it should have had in the base game. There's no more go in and kill someone, rinse and repeat ad nauseum, which is a very boring experience. I hated the vanilla Arena myself and thought it was basically a grind to get to a quest at the end. Not that I'm saying you have to use it...just pointing out the differences.
DeepSoul
Unsteady Sworduser

Thank you. I didn't notice the other thread before but these answers are more than satisfactory.
Rafnagud
Fumbling Sworduser

Waalx wrote:
Hopefully you should have the next WAC by the end of July.
It's all about quality so take your time.
But is there a reason why the new version is not released?
Did you encounter problems, did you want to add more things,
are you busy in RL? And do you have an update on your progress?

Thanx.
guntoface
Unsteady Sworduser

my game crashs whenever i go close to the gnoll camp i am using no other mods that WAC please help
Casper
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1984

guntoface wrote:my game crashs whenever i go close to the gnoll camp i am using no other mods that WAC please help
that glitch is related to a missing entry for a mesh, assuming it's the one i'm thinking of. check this thread, fix is near the top in the first post. click here to find the fix
Fortune favors the foolish – because more often than not, the only thing separating bravery from stupidity is luck. -me
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

guntoface wrote:my game crashs whenever i go close to the gnoll camp i am using no other mods that WAC please help
Well just download the file below and just replace all your esps of choice and the esm to fix the Gnolls issue. Remember to rebuild your Bashed Patch. :)

Thanks to Maigrets for the link she put up:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/elqudqww9 ... Gnolls.rar
guntoface
Unsteady Sworduser

thanks for the tips i helped alot
DeepSoul
Unsteady Sworduser

After installing this mod I got broken items in some chests. It's very annoying because it affects the chests with armor from mods. Can I turn it off somehow?
Maigrets
Admin

DeepSoul wrote:After installing this mod I got broken items in some chests. It's very annoying because it affects the chests with armor from mods. Can I turn it off somehow?
What do you mean broken items? How about a little info. We're not mind readers you know. :)

WAC doesn't alter chests in any way that would change or affect items or containers from other mods. Whatever the problem is, no it can't just be turned off, and without knowing which mods you say are affected and exactly how they are affected, I don't see how any solution can be offered.
bluesky404
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1991

DeepSoul, are you using Enhanced Economy?
*** Item Removal ****

Many players (myself included) think there are way too many enchanted, expensive items found when looting, so when I find a valuable enchanted ring there's just no exitement. Enhanced Economy therefore has an optional Item removal feature. With this, you set the chance of finding any individual type of item, in percent of the normal chance.

Ex: By setting ringAdjustment to 30, you will only find 30% of the normal amount of enchanted rings.

To not break quests, any quest items or scripted items will not be removed. If an item is removed, the mod writes its name and id to the console. So if you suspect an important item has been removed, open the console and check (or look in the log file). If you have many mods writing to the console, you can use Page Up to scroll. The mod can also write removal information to a log file stored in "My Documents\My Games\Oblivion\Pluggy\User Files\", provided you have Pluggy installed.

If you want back a removed item, or want to loot a special container/actor without getting any items removed, just hold down left shift while activating it. All items will then be visible for looting as normal, even items that were already removed if you eralier activated it without shift held down.
We've already had OOO/MMM Immune list, really hoping that some one would create a WAC immune list and send to theNiceOne. :)
crash_oxide
Fumbling Sworduser

Hey Waalx first time poster so I'll start off with giving you two thumbs up with creating such an awesome mod, ain't seen to many animals yet but I can tell from the video how great it's gonna be when I do :D

Just two things I want to point out one of them was as I was walking through Weye there was two identical travellers same look same name same everything and I used the formID finder on them to find out there they came from and they was both from WAC.esp, I don't remember the name so I'll will have to check that next time I'm around that arena so that might be something that needs looking in to.

Then second thing is to do with the WAC version of crowded roads revisited, a lot of times I find a bunch of travellers gropued together possibly about 10 all just standing there with torches out which causes EXTREME lag and I mean about 1-2fps which forces me to console kill them all. Not sure what the deal is but I'm gonna revert back to the original CRR as I wasn't getting that problem when using that one so another thing that might need looking in to.

Apart from them two things all seems well so far and congrats again looking forward to the next update :)
I Am But A Figment Of Your Imagination
crash_oxide
Fumbling Sworduser

DeepSoul wrote:After installing this mod I got broken items in some chests. It's very annoying because it affects the chests with armor from mods. Can I turn it off somehow?
Are you using Enhanced Economy by any chance because that add an optional chance on finding broken items on NPCs and in chests?
I Am But A Figment Of Your Imagination