pre-Alpha users contest!

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

WAC Pre-Alpha Users Contest

You. The testers!

This is a contest I'm doing for you all who help testing the mod. Or more exactly, for those who give me feedback and help. People I've never heard of after they got their download...there's still hope!

As you may know I'm not the guy who does requests. Unless that person is helping me already, that is the only exception.

Usually, a person who help me is able to 'place an order'... but with WAC preAlpha, much too much people in the group as of now for me to offer this. However, here's what I got for you.

A bit later-on, when things will be solved and the mod will be near it's first public release, I will draw a name among you, and you'll then be able to irritate me with a request, but have it done! :P

The rule is simple:
The more you post in the WAC preAlpha topic, the more feedback I get from you, more chances you get to be pulled out of the bag. Each of your post there count as one instance of your name in the bag. 2 posts, two chances. 0 post, zero chance.

Doesn't mean you need to post for nothing though! That 's not going to help, and help is what I need.

Only one condition.
Don't ask me to produce something that is out of what I do usually. I've done enough stuff by now so you should know what I like and what I don't like.

Think of cheesy Eragon style...and think that for me it's more the Conan style instead or LOTR classic beauty, or the Mad Max style. A vampire for me is Lestat or Dracula, not Blade. I like Star Wars classic trilogy, not Star Trek. I like old, rust, antics, and things that look like they have seen time pass and have been part of life, not something pristine new out of the box. . I assume you must also like what I like to an extent, otherwise, you wouldn't be here! Sorry about that condition, but it need to fit in WAC and the style I'm doing usually. It must also not come from another videogame unless it's an Elder Scroll title. It could be an artifact of Tamrielic lore.

Not only weapons though, it could be a creature, a special gibet idea you have in mind, or whatever, as long as I can implement it, and it's not something that I will need 3 days to do. I can do stuff fast so don't worry about the time it take. Yet keep it realistic. It could be an object too, those are usually fast to produce for me. It could also be something I have shown before but not released yet too, if I can get it out earlier.

Don't ask the Morag Tong armor, it need special care, and is part of the next RealSwords release..but if you ask for a blade you saw last year in RealSwords when I was showing all races, that can happen. Anyway I think you must get the picture a bit more. And what do you know? Chances are you can also suggest me something, that I'm already planning on doing. That happened recently. What then? Well you'd be getting like two requests, in a way. :)

So the contest has been open since the preAlpha is out, you just didn't know (and I forgot to mention it)! Think of what you'd like to see, and you have the chance to see it, hold it, or use it in Oblivion. If by the time I make the draw the person doesn't want nothing, another will get the prize.

If you want to post some ideas about what you'd like to get, this thread is open to that. Brainstorm about what you want at will. Remember though that only one will get it. Could also be a way to see what I will most certainly not do, so if you're not sure about it, post an image. I'm going to answer in all honesty, like I always do ;)

It's not much, but it's the best I can do for now. Hopefully it will please some of you.

People who already had request made by me previously, are automatically out of this draw. Elhazan, Mormacil, StarX, Darkwind (WIP). Yer all out! :P
DarkWind
Chronicler

This is a good idea, and even though I can't enter I'll try and playtest this as much as possible once my comp is fixed... :(
That's right, that's the truth! Drive 'er straight sideways lad!
Rung
Unsteady Sworduser

What a great idea.
Hopefully it will encourage us all to post every little bit of what we think that can be improved. By now I am very much impressed by what you have already achieved with the alpha. I mean, the whole fauna has changed to a super diversified animal experience.
Just wanted to say that (again) and thank you for all the work you've (and will) put in that project.

If I'd allowed to express a wish ... I would love to see the Shalk ingame again. At the moment there are no bugs in the game and in Morrowind I loved those lovely little black crawlers. :)
StarX
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I already received my Heron Mark sword a long time ago, so I need nothing more. But this is a nice idea.
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Well that's awfully generous of you Waalx, I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say that the gesture is certainly appreciated.

I'll certainly not pass on the opportunity to describe an item I know I've always wished for, and attempted to make myself, and failed, many times as well.

I've always loved that there were katanas in the Oblivion lore and whenever I played a melee combat focused character I usually ended up wielding one. However I never really felt that any of the stock armor fit a katana carrying swordsmen. I always wanted something much more light, something like this:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1219361897

I'm a fan of the original Star Wars as well, and I always loved the imagery of the dark jedi, with their menacing, dark, flowing robes. Replace the lightsabers with katanas, and those are the kind of sinister looking characters I always imagined carrying those blades around Akavir.

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/Darth ... atue-l.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/3 ... lDemon.jpg

What do you think Waalx, could you see that fitting into the WAC view of Oblivion? WAC defiantly has a much darker, more brutal Tamriel displayed so far, so perhaps something a bit more rough, more torn up?

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1219362356

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll26 ... 1219362367

I'll keep my fingers crossed. :D
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

there's hope with this!

I already made a medieval mandalorian armor, and they will be into WAC in the following days and in an upcoming release of the mod you have. They have a base done near Anvil.

of course you knew that would fit right in what I like, don't you? :P
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Haha, perhaps I did, you can't blame me for having similar tastes, can you? :P
Echonite
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Anything from you is always wonderful >.<Hehe>.<
Haruko
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I have a thing or two that falls in your genre that I could ask for, they'd be great additions
It's a pally thing, you wouldn't understand.
http://gamercard.xbox.com/Haruko%20Hoshiko.card
running4cover
Unsteady Sworduser

This is brilliance. Admittedly when I ask for mods they tend to be gameplay tweaks, but there are so many cool armors and weapons out there that I'm sure I could think of one
I've actually had this picture in my head for some time of an armor *similar* to a Ganondorf color varient from Smash Bros Brawl (I've been meaning to make the concept art). Anyway, your mods are always great, and I'm confident that no matter who "wins" this you will produce something cool.
"Like an Umbrella... an Umbrella of protection... Protection Umbrella"
-Bela Karolyi, US Gynastics Coach
Krimsyn Kane
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

running4cover wrote:Your mods are always great, and I'm confident that no matter who "wins" this you will produce something cool.
That's a good point, even though it's one person wining, it's Waalx producing the request, so were all gonna win, in the end.
Chin Music
Steady Sworduser

While despite being offered, sorry to say that I've actually decided not to participate in the pre-alpha, despite being offered. I'd rather offer design tips and suggestions from here in the back rather than bug hunt, something which I imagine is all too prevalent in a "pre-alpha". It sounds selfish but if you want you can just call it laziness.

Of course I expect nothing, but had i been actively participating and had I won this contest, I would choose a simple jian, or Chinese straight sword.

http://www.swordsofmight.com/ProductIma ... Jian_M.jpg
jhondidfool
Steady Sworduser

Lovely! :3
Though, I don't usually post anything, as most of the problems I find are other-mod related.
I'll be hunting for instances/bugs :)
Tlo1048
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

This sounds like a good idea for beta testers. haha. Damn, If only I had thought of it first. lol.

I'll be updating reguarly, though, I have to think of a model I'd want. lol.
warpmaster
Steady Sworduser

I know what i would like to order if I win:D

2 brand new armor sets one evil, one good, and they should be massive! Massive Á la W40K Space Marine massive!
But in a lore friendly kind of way!
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

warpmaster wrote:I know what i would like to order if I win:D

2 brand new armor sets one evil, one good, and they should be massive! Massive Á la W40K Space Marine massive!
But in a lore friendly kind of way!
Oh big armor ^_^
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
dewshine
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I don't know... something simple might be nice, like more colors of the mice (tan, gray... ) But why do folks need to compete for stuff when we all win by getting WAC in the first place? Maybe it's just me...
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

The competition ensures our interest, so no simple playing with no bugreports ;)
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
dewshine
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

This is true for folks needing the something extra.
I'm just interested in getting WAC as perfected as it can be, not having something 'special' as a reward for doing it.
I mean -- realswords added in, new robes that rock (love the pouches and such on them), interesting creatures with varied responses to the player, cool alchemy ingredients, at least two quest lines... WAC is a reward of it's own for me.
If I didn't have to work I'd still be playing right now to find more bugs to report... only I've got to head to work :(
sageofcyrodiil
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Hmm. I'm kind of a Dragonlance nut--I wouldn't mind seeing Armors from some of the knightly orders in THAT system. :)

Knights of the Skull/Knights of the Rose sets would be cool to have in the game.

Praetorian Guard armor would be nice, too, but I'm sure that's on board for the Imperial armor set. ;)