If I use both this and TIE...

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
SilvasRuin
Fumbling Sworduser

Anyone know how badly things will explode?

Having become disgruntled with OOO and FCOM, I've turned to TIE. I love its tweaks, from balance to AI, and particularly natural, somewhat random variations in place of scaling. Thing is MMM was the best part of FCOM, but I'm fairly certain MMM and TIE cannot be fully integrated, and I've been told this is an upcoming and awesome alternative to MMM. So... how's the compatibility with TIE? Would the effects be disastrous? Would the core .esm files somehow preserve TIE's item balances, "static" levels, and basic wildlife AI? If not, what are the chances of a compatibility patch (eventually) being made to preserve TIE while adding the Waalx animals and creatures to the possible spawns?

More creatures is awesome, but I can't help but value the balance overhauls I use higher.

Oh right, I figure I should ask this as well. Are there any non-negligible conflicts with this and Unique Landscapes?
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Some UL conflict. WAC is way more then just extra creatures. It adds new weapons, AI and enviroments as well.

As for TIE, WAC is his own overhaul like MMM or OOO. It will conflict as such. Waalx tweaks AI himself so I'm sure it will conflict. As for a patch. Waalx said he will never make any. TIE might or a user.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood
SilvasRuin
Fumbling Sworduser

Thanks for the answer.
Mishaxhi
Steady Sworduser

Isn't TIE a pretty recent mod?

Just hold out. Nobody is going to patch their large mods for WAC just yet cause it's not even released outside of this site, but as soon as it is and the wider community finds out how awesome it is, patches will be made
give me your sword
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

A little Necro for seemingly dead forum.

To Mishaxhi - no TIE has been in development for almost 4 years. Veritas has recently retired and gave the caretaking over to Arthmoor.

Well I'm currently using TIE and WAC together.

The issue as always is load order - since TIE tweaks a lot of game mechanics and such and adds NPCs more than creatures I load it later. The risk of combining overhauls is in leveled lists blocking each other which is what Wrye Bash is for. With a bashed patch I've been able to merge those lists. Can't say it is perfect, but it is a start and so far I've seen spawns from both overhauls. What makes them mesh better than OOO or other overhauls is that TIE too is unleveled game play by design.

The problem I'm having is the bashed patch is altering certain WAC creatures to use non existent body nifs - still trying to figure out why, but it is only a few that it is doing that too.