Wacky Christmas & Happy New WAC!

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Haldir
Unsteady Sworduser

Best Christmas surprise ever!

Thanks for all the work you put into this and merry Christmas.
Bizzy
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Thank you Waalx, is the gladiator Plugin now a part of the new WAC?

Sorry for my english, it's not my motherlanguage.
Eddy Kaschinski
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1966

It is very beautiful sign of life hear from you. In Germany, we have made us very worried. This is the best Christmas surprise ever.

Welcome back Alex.

Execuse my bad english. :-o
DarkRuler2500
Fumbling Sworduser

Yeah, a new WAC-version out there.
Thanks for sharing another awesome mod
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

WAC has been my favorite mod so far, so needless to say THANK YOU! Best Christmas gift this year!
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Huh, is that really true... the great sleeper is back?! :P

So welcome back, sunshine!
Best Christmas surprise ever!
Yes, for sure, Haldir. :D

(Only a sceenshot with the old version for the moment, still downloading the new version... two more hours until the download will be finished, hihi.)

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Thank you, merry christmas to you to Salimbene.
Artfact
Steady Sworduser

That was an awesome present, even better than Two Worlds 2´s patch.
Thanks allot for the sing of life. I actually half expected a message before the year was done.
But an update?
Incredible, looking forward to what your working on.
Have a nice holiday!
Ailsa
Enthralled Swordraver
Enthralled Swordraver
Born in: 1955

Thank you very much for this delightful surprise :woot:
aliendiplomat
Fumbling Sworduser

I signed up here in haste under this name; I usually go by Phinix on the Elder Scrolls forum and various mod sites.

Anyway, I simply had to take the time to post my sincere and humble appreciation for what you have offered us here. I can’t believe this is the first time I am hearing of your work!

The sheer magnitude of the undertaking would seem daunting enough, but the quality is really what sets this apart. The level of detail and care taken in creature and environment design is on par with what professionals offer as a product to the markets.

Of course we have yet to evolve as a species a viable technological platform and effective medium of exchange for such a market where the community is both producer and consumer of virtual currency and commodity which sustains an inspired creative competitive environment that would eliminate all want of essential survival as a society for the sake of transcendence to eternal improvement where such implements justify themselves to even the most shortsighted of forecasters…

I have often wondered why this remains so elusive. We have the technology…

Leaving aside for the moment however discussions of the existential origins of fear and our sentient species’ inherent capacity for over-compensatory self-limitation, for all the age-old vices, I am always happy to sing the praise of the opposite of that spectrum…

For one who would offer such a work of love and talent freely, is a pioneer at heart I say and an inspiration to all who continue to move in the right direction.

Viva la resistance!

Mod the planet! =Þ
Hellbishop
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Praise be to Waalx and his works of greatness! Bringing completeness of satisfaction in the joys of life!

Hail Waalx! Showering us abundently with glad tidings and gifts unexpected this holiday season!
Aelita
Fumbling Sworduser

Wow!
It's the best present for me at this Christmas.
Thank you.
BKS
Fumbling Sworduser

Thank you for this great gift!

BKS
reallybigjohnson
Steady Sworduser

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

awesome. this is THE overhaul mod. :) glad to see you back in action.
aliendiplomat
Fumbling Sworduser

Can't wait for the update...

So a while back I saw someone post about a CTD happening at the Gnoll camp near Kvatch, and I myself had been experiencing random Gnoll-related CTDs around the world...

Instead of simply deleting the little buggars however I did a little checking and it turns out the culprits were missing a skeleton mesh. So, I added it. I also set the Gnoll's faction relationship to themselves to 100 as it should be, as are all other WAC creatures, when not set to wage war on rival tribes that is. ;)

Nothing else was done. Here's the files if anyone's interested. It solved my CTDs so far.

http://uploading.com/files/m7e5dc86/WAC ... Gnolls.rar

*EDIT: Fixed above link, should be active for a month. ;)

Ran into another odd repeatable problem today. If you port up to the camp near Skyrim, then start heading south. You'll run into some Reindeer, then some sheep beasts and some Gnolls on a rampage. It is odd, because I can kill these creatures, leave them be, it doesn't really matter. After walking around in this area for a few minutes, no matter what I do or what is going on, I'll CTD.

Haven't been able to track it down yet, but no other mods I have loaded touch this area. I'm guessing it might be something with one of the aforementioned creatures. Will post back if I find anything.

I absolutely LOVE your work on this. Elite. =)
scot
Steady Sworduser

Thank you so much :) I love the new arena stuff and the crocs with custom animations.Thank you for sharing you´r work.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Hey Waalx!

I have a question.. In the ReadMe you mention a new animal: Yakul. I haven't seen it found it anywhere in esm or files.
Is it included?

I'm also interested, is it some kind of yak or musk ox animal? :)
Waalx
Forum Master
Born in: 1973

washington wrote:Hey Waalx!

I have a question.. In the ReadMe you mention a new animal: Yakul. I haven't seen it found it anywhere in esm or files.
Is it included?

I'm also interested, is it some kind of yak or musk ox animal? :)
Yakul should be near Sweetwater Camp.

It's a Forest Elk. And is based on Red Elk of Japan, this particular one is from Princess Mononoke. :) I named the specie Forest Elk as I already had Red Elks in WAC prior. WAC.esp hold the data of Yakul.

One thing particular to Yakul is that he will follow you around if not mounted, once you decide to own him (activating him). If you draw your weapon he will stay in place. When you put down your arms he will resume and catch up with you.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Ah, that explains why I couldn't find it! :D
Interesting behaviour, much better than default "you're not riding me, I'm going home", "I'll stay here forever", or the worst when horse charges bunch of crazy ogres.
viltuska
Unsteady Sworduser

I posted this on the bethforums, and I reckon I'll post it here too.
I found a strange glitch with the bull scamps. Apparently the head mesh nif-file has some reflection settings gone wrong.
http://img801.images...acbullscamp.jpg
http://img407.images...bullscamp02.jpg