BUG Report

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
wj87
Steady Sworduser

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\mopy\basher.py", line 5307, in Execute
patchFile.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(progress,0.8,0.9))#no speeding needed/really possible (less than 1/4 second even with large LO)
File "D:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\mopy\bosh.py", line 17162, in buildPatch
patcher.buildPatch(log,SubProgress(subProgress,index))
File "D:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\mopy\bosh.py", line 30261, in buildPatch
raise StateError(_('Mesh undefined for eye %s in race %s') % (strFid(eye),race.eid,))
bolt.StateError: Mesh undefined for eye (Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm,0x006955) in race VampireRace
far327
Steady Sworduser

I get this same message as well. I'm using Wrye Bash 291
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

This is a known problem for the moment. I am not certain any more whether i saw this solution here in the WAC release or on the official Bethesda forums, but i was able to fix it by following this:(This is a quote and as such not my explaination, but it worked for me and there might be other methods that i do not know. )
What I did to fix the bashed patch issue with Vampire / Beastmaster races:

Open the files in TES4Edit and go to the races section. Find ENAM - Eyes near the bottom. (For the beastmaster race make sure "Hide no conflict rows" is NOT activated).

For the beastmaster race, simply delete the line:

eyeVampireYellowWAC "Eye Vampire" [EYES:01006955]

OR

change that line to read:

eyeVampire "eyeVampire" [EYES:0003B379]

For the vampire race, copy over the original value from oblivion.esm, that is:

eyeVampire "eyeVampire" [EYES:0003B379]

And also delete the same value you deleted from the beastmaster race. This way you get the keep the races but with the eyes changed so that wrye bash works. This is ofcourse a temporary fix like the one I posted for WAC - Legion.esp above, but something that works until it's officially fixed.
far327
Steady Sworduser

Awesome! This worked!

A couple of notes...

The first change is needed on the WAC - Gladiator.esp
The second change is needed on the WAC - TCOS.esp

Thank you for you help :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

far327 wrote:Awesome! This worked!

A couple of notes...

The first change is needed on the WAC - Gladiator.esp
The second change is needed on the WAC - TCOS.esp

Thank you for you help :)
Whoops forgot to mention those files i see.

And your welcome. :)
far327
Steady Sworduser

Actually, these are better instructions from Axah121

I think I may of messed something up when I tried to do it... But his this method below works...

I too had the 0beastmaster problem, when trying to build a bash patch, the fix afformentioned did indeed work, it let me rebuild fully without error, and also, for once, let me load a game with my patch active =P
If you are getting confused by the guide ill have a go, step-by-step:
1) Download and open TES4Edit.exe
2) In the menu that has popped up, titled Master/Plugin Selection, right click on any esp/esm and select "Select None"
3) Select all of the WAC esps and the esm, including the ones you dont need, click ok, and let the processing finish.
4) click the little + to the left of the Waalx Animals and Creatures.esm, then click the + next to the "eyes" subfolder
5) find the editorID for the value "eyeVampireYellowWAC" and right click it, then click change "FormID"
6) change the ID in this little pop-up to "0003B379" minus the quotes, click OK.
7) Select all the records that pop up in the next menu (I had 3), click OK.
8) Click ok again, this is just telling you the updating was successful.
9) Close TES4Edit with the X in the corner, click ok the save the changes.
10) Have fun running your patch =P
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah i saw those last night myself, but by then it was already a day to late. :)
Jamez820
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

deleted