My Simple Creature Companion Tutorial

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

WOW i pity the fool who tries to attack you when you have all of them with you. :-D-)
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

Fessels wrote:WOW i pity the fool who tries to attack you when you have all of them with you. :-D-)
I never roam the Tamriel land with all those puppy around. I generally choose one or two of my pets depending on the enemies I face. But this tutorial is really a gem for every one who wants to improve his/her companionship...
By the way here is my white Tiger. This big cat can take on almost every enemy in the game.
By masteraub at 2011-06-19
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
MasterAub
The Second

Maigrets wrote:Awesome. astar

I notice how the big cats crowd out the little ones marking their territory and dominance.
Yes there have very realistic behaviour. It is suprising how realist those animals behave...

By the way my Gnoll Archer has become a reality...Here it is
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:I never roam the Tamriel land with all those puppy around. I generally choose one or two of my pets depending on the enemies I face. But this tutorial is really a gem for every one who wants to improve his/her companionship...

LoL i can imagine you would not travel with all of them. :grin:

I was just thinking how that would end a fight and as such posted that thought here. Out of a role playing point it would not be realistic either i guess. In real life they would more then likely tear each other apart, they do not do so in game since they belong to the same faction. :)
MasterAub
The Second

LOL, sure imagine with those big puppies around...could not even move....
I am just getting crazy with all those creatures and animals.

Here are my latest creations:
Azel can scare almost any entity in Tamriel...

A Tricorn is very vicious
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah Azel will be up to the job alright, and Tricorns are not the biggest creatures in WAC but the are vicious indeed...very annoying creatures. :)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Just goes to show how the original limit on three companions from the vanilla game goes out the window. I never had that happen anyway and I "think" it's because my companions use a Global value so it classifies them differently and not as companions. I might also be talking out of my hat.. :grin:

I'm definitely going to make myself a Gnoll archer now. :-) I assume he works well as far as using his bow and I think it would be pretty useful, but never thought to make one before. I always play mage characters with some blade and marksman as backup in sticky situations, but I mainly rely on magic. With a Gnoll archer and another animal or two to take on the melee, I can stay back and throw spells.

At the moment I have OOO working well with WAC with one character and I need all the help I can get especially in dungeons. Those Spectral warriors.... :ninja:

I have no clue about the balancing aspect, nor do I really care, but I have back all the OOO enemies and loot in dungeons and still have all the WAC content as well. All I did was just merge everything, including all the WAC esps, in my Bashed Patch. I have a mixture of WAC guards and OOO guards and their horses, but it runs well and I have no crashes or problems. The only thing I have seen is just one female OOO guard riding near Weye and her armour was invisible. However, other female guards show up normally, so I don't worry too much about it. I'm playing for the fun aspect not to study the technical details. :grin:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second

Good morning Maigrets,

Yep 3 companions restrictions seems like a April fool to me...I mean with this tuto I have up to 7 companions in the same time and counting...and with no stability issue...
OOO is just great and being able to run OOO and WAC is like having the best of both worlds...I use to run OOO but since I could not really accomodate WAC with it I stopped.
I don't have Wyrebash (I use Oblivion Mod Manager). But I guess at some point I should really dissec this Bash thing as every one seems to like it and use it. That will allow me to run both OOO and WAC.

The Gnoll Archer works pretty well. You'll just need to change his default combat package and replace it with a Goblin Archer package. Then place a custom Gnoll bow in is inventory (why custom, just to make the bow undestructible with a 9999999 health). Also add the ammo you need with 9999 counts. I also add a custom dagger in case the Gnoll is too close from enemy he then will switch to melee weapon. Finally the Gnoll Health and damage are pretty low so I recommend to increase those (so you avoid your Gnoll Archer to be inconscient every 20 seconds)...Otherwise this Gnoll Archer will do his job well as far as I can tell placing himself at a acceptable range and using is bow.

Have fun... :happy: :happy:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

MasterAub wrote:I don't have Wyrebash (I use Oblivion Mod Manager). But I guess at some point I should really dissec this Bash thing as every one seems to like it and use it. That will allow me to run both OOO and WAC.
I do not know about OOO since i never used it so far, but i can definitely recommend downloading and learning how to use Wrye Bash. On this Nexus page you can find pictorial guides for learning the basics with Wrye bash.

Wrye Bash Pictorial Guides

Just download the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide - Basics and Installers Intro first it will help with learning the basics of Wrye Bash. Do not bother with the other 2 guides yet untill you feel comfortable with WB. I have not worked with the other 2 guides yet, but i will try them out some day soon. :)
MasterAub
The Second

Fessels wrote: Wrye Bash Pictorial Guides

Just download the Wrye Bash Pictorial Guide - Basics and Installers Intro first it will help with learning the basics of Wrye Bash. Do not bother with the other 2 guides yet untill you feel comfortable with WB. I have not worked with the other 2 guides yet, but i will try them out some day soon. :)
Thanks for the link Fessels, I am definitely going to give it a look...

thanks
Maigrets
Admin

I'm preparing to make my Gnoll companion called Ratchett (name may change. :grin: )

I would have had it done if I wasn't interrupted by something else like a massive thunderstorm and having to shut down the computer, but I'm doing a red Gnoll Warlord with the armour and custom sounds from WAC. I'll post a pic when he's finished.

If anyone wants to know how to add custom sounds from WAC or other sounds and effects you may have let me know and I'll write a little text or you can also get some info here.
http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Sound
It's pretty easy.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
gwynhefar
Fumbling Sworduser

Ok, I'm sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but I need a little help. I used this tutorial exactly to create my tiger companion. She's lovely, and she's just where I put her, and the summoning item worked great - but she doesn't follow. I tell her to follow and she immediately walks a few paces away and lies down. And stays there, unless I summon her again. If I summon her during a fight she fights for me, but as soon as the enemies are gone she goes and lies down again. What did I do wrong?!

Thanks for any help y'all can offer.

Gwyn
gwynhefar
Fumbling Sworduser

Heh - and it figures that just when I break down and ask is when I figure out the problem. Apparently it matters which order the packages are listed in the AI screen - I had the wander package listed first. All I had to do was switch them, and lo and behold, she follows!

Gwyn
Maigrets
Admin

Glad you got it worked out. :)

Perhaps I should add that part about Package order to the tutorial when I get around to it.