Yakul deer mount attacks if accidentally attacked by player

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Alice Storm
Fumbling Sworduser

I went to Sweetwater camp to get my Yakul deer mount, but if I fight something and accidentally hit my mount, Yakul attacks me and will not stop. I have to reload my save game, because Yakul will not stop. I tried going to the CS and change responsibility (it was to 0) 50 and I even tried 100 and still does not work. I also tried confidence (it was 80) to 50 and still does not work. I know my horse that I bought from Bruma will not attack me. And my horse from Bruma aggression is 0, confidence 50, energy 25, responsibility 50. I tried to copy those numbers to see if my deer mount can be just like my horse but still does not work with those numbers. I do not know if doing anything to those number do anything to the mounts but I had to try it just in case it did. Is there a way I can fix my deer mount not to attack me?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

One of Yakul's AI Packages, specifically the WAC one, affects whether you have your weapon drawn and if you're in combat or not. He should not follow you if you have a weapon drawn even if you're not in combat.

I haven't yet had him turn on me because if I know there's going to be a fight or if I start one, I draw my weapon and he stays where I leave him until I sheath my weapon and then he will come to find me. If I'm ambushed unawares though Yakul will fight the enemy because he has high confidence. That doesn't happen very often because I have other creature companions who are more aware than I am at times. :)

Yakul has the Horse PC Faction and I've had my horses turn on me if I hit them by accident, so this may be a reason he's attacking you. Although as I said he shouldn't be in a fight if you leave him a distance away by drawing your weapon and then going to the fight, which is not always possible though. I haven't actually tried hitting him so he hasn't turned on me.

One thing you could try is to give him the Player Faction or to make him Player Owned. To do the latter you will need to load Sweetwater Camp and Yakul in the Render window and double click on him. Then select the ownership window and choose Player. Then he won't attack you no matter what you do.

You may or may not have to remove the Horse PC faction otherwise they will probably contradict each other. I have a mod of my own with a horse in it and he only has the Player Faction as well as being Player Owned, and it works just fine.

I've also made my Yakul Essential because I use other mods that have very hard creatures besides WAC, (Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina for one) and if he decides he wants to fight, and he often does even if he's supposed to be waiting, he dies despite having high health and I have to reload because I don't want him to die. That's my choice though as I'm quite taken with Yakul. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Alice Storm
Fumbling Sworduser

Thank You so much for helping! I set Yakul to Player Owned and now Yakul does not attack me. Anyway Thanks Again!
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

You're welcome. :cheese:

Player Owned will also stop him attacking your friends if they hit him by accident, so it helps in other ways as well.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett