Requesting permission, no reply from Waalx yet.

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
vespasian
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1968

I am looking for permission to use a few of the creatures in the Mesogea mod. I have sent a message to Waalx but no reply yet.

I would like to add a few of the creatures, will add a link to here on my main site and full credit in the mod read me etc. Any ideas anyone?
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Just wait for few days, I'm sure you'll get the response from Waalx.
vespasian
Unsteady Sworduser

Nope, its been weeks. No reply yet. Is there likely to be any problem with using some of the creatures, quite obviously I will be giving full credit, no retextures etc, simply using the creatures exactly as they are with credit contained in any video, read me etc etc and a link to this site on mine.

Plus Waalx can take anything from the Mesogea mod he wants and use it as he fancies.
Bizzy
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

vespasian wrote:Nope, its been weeks. No reply yet. Is there likely to be any problem with using some of the creatures, quite obviously I will be giving full credit, no retextures etc, simply using the creatures exactly as they are with credit contained in any video, read me etc etc and a link to this site on mine.

Plus Waalx can take anything from the Mesogea mod he wants and use it as he fancies.

Mh, i think it is normal for Waalx dont't post or reply anything for months ^^.
vespasian
Unsteady Sworduser

Well I am going to use a few items then, basically following what the conditions of use state. If I am told to remove them later, then so be it. I hope that by being responsible with credit, not retexturing etc Waalx will have no problem with it. Hopefully.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

vespasian wrote:Well I am going to use a few items then, basically following what the conditions of use state. If I am told to remove them later, then so be it. I hope that by being responsible with credit, not retexturing etc Waalx will have no problem with it. Hopefully.
I would strongly suggest you read Number 2, 3, and number 4 again, and in fact the complete Usage and Resources information here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=249

If your mod is the one I'm thinking of it's a huge new world space and as such requires you comply with Number 4 which means for anything other than stand alone companions and personal use you must have the Waalx Animals & Creatures.esm as a dependency to use it's library. Even then Waalx asks to be contacted first.

Just because you haven't had an answer to your PM yet does not mean you can do as you like and fix it later, particularly if it's for a planned released project whether or not you plan to use the files unchanged. This thread was started on May 7th so you haven't given it much time even if your PM was weeks ago.

It would be in your best interest to wait and more polite than saying on the forum of the mod you want to use that you will go ahead anyway. That will not be likely to be in your favour.

I would have sent you a PM rather than say what I did above, but your last post requires a public answer and will also remind anyone else who plans to use files before asking and waiting for a reply. If you have a problem with that you can take it up with Waalx of course. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
vespasian
Unsteady Sworduser

The idea is to run it to see if it works etc. The way the mod is set up means that having a dependency linking to an esm or esp will be extremely difficult. There is no intention to release any of this until permission is given, plus I only need specific creatures so that new modders for mesogea will not just throw in any old stuff, it needs to limit to the lore etc. Also it makes it much easier if just the specific creatures for Mesogea are in mesogea.

I have added stuff in now to see how it looks and works. I now just need to speak to Waalx to ask if I can release it.
washington
Enthusiast Swordbarer
Enthusiast Swordbarer

Best to keep that discussion between you and Waalx. Just wait a bit more, I'm sure he'll respond to you.
vespasian
Unsteady Sworduser

Waalx responded and permission granted to use as required. Sounds like a very reasonable and decent fella.