Getting MMM to play nice with WAC. Any advice?

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
lonewolf_kai
Unsteady Sworduser

I love the diverse and large amount of monsers added by MMM, not to mention the great faction interactions. But I also really enjoy the awesome content in WAC. So far, I've had good success with them playing nice with each other, but have finally hit a road block from what I can tell in a possible conflict with NPCs. Or at least I'm guessing it has to do with them.

Anyone have any advice on how to fix this? What did you do to get the two to play together?
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Hi lonewolf_kai :)

Personally, I have finally decided to go away from MMM and FCOM etc even though they gave me many, many hours of wonderful gameplay and I'm very grateful to the people who made these mods. That's just my choice though for several reasons, and I would If I could have different profiles to take advantage of all of these mods. Unfortunately, Oblivion will hate having so many extra mods and multiple esps and esms etc in the data folder, active and inactive at any given time, which I've already found out, so I had to make the choice of what I wanted to keep.

I don't know that you will get good compatibility with MMM and WAC NPC's as both mods are not really meant to be compatible. However, you may have some success if you sacrifice some of the WAC esps that add NPC's to get them working together or visa versa with your Bashed Patch.

Having said that, someone who may have got them working together and may have better info than me as far as that goes may be of more help and will hopefully stop by to add their advice.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Lonewolf_kai-

If you are not that particular about the entire list of each mod having a chance of displaying then you could bash them together, but expect that the earlier loading mod will likely be less represented. That is if you use the overspawn esp. that is the one that reworks the lists attached to the normal spawn points and therefore would affect and either interfere or be blocked by MMM (depending on load order).

If you opted only for the wac.esp then it will place it's own spawn points and only WAC creatures would show up there and likewise MMM would not, but be warned MMM also places spawn points and that will mean near constant encounters.

These two are very mutually exclusive as they really do so much of the same thing. If you want the extra features of MMM - you could find other mods to fill that gap.

Since Waalx put effort into having mostly new content and not changing the vanilla game that much it works really well with overhauls that seek to change mostly the vanilla game and not add that much. TIE fits that very nicely - except that weapon stat damage is off (you can work around that by either using MOBS or use Duke patrick's older SCA melee mod ... he is working on a new one too).

Oblivion Warcry New Dimensions is another overhaul that will work with WAC provided you don't use the overspawn esp.
lonewolf_kai
Unsteady Sworduser

Well after some extensive testing last night, I have concluded it is indeed the specific WAC.esp that's causing the crash. I have resolved that I must pick one or the other. I have not yet TES4Edit cleaned WAC so I might give that a whirl tonight and see if that helps if not. I'll have to pick one I guess.

Thanks for the input guys.
Psymon
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Make sure you get all the fixes for WAC Beta 1. The gnoll fix especially. Read the main thread back - end of December forward - it is all there.
palidoo
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

I use WAC and MMM. But I use ONLY the main WAC esp and TCOS, so I'm definitely not experiencing all of the content. The issue as far as I know is using the OverSpawn esp. The only way to get that working with MMM is extensive editing with TES4Edit, which while I'd like to try it some day I'm too inexperienced to try it myself at the moment.