No Dialog-Options

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Floreria
Fumbling Sworduser

I want to use the TCOS Things and somehow can't get it to work correctly.
Everytime I activate it I get no dialog options from Uriel Septim at the beginning (wanted to start a new Oblivion-Game until Skyrim :P). I wanted to try to use WAC & TIE (For gameplay etc.). I first tried OWCND but don't like many of the creatures added and I don't want all this super-sexy unrealistic armor (even if I love the wide variety, but I prefer Armor & Robes like those WAC adds).
I checked the Voice-Tags as well as tried to Dismiss NPC-Race Tag from WAC-TCOS to overwrite with BG Balancing Beautification-TNR Merge. (But actually Uriels Race changes anyway)

I'd really like to get this to work cause I'd love to have some bearded man ingame for immersion. It worked while testing WAC+OWCND but I can't find any realted changes TIE might make to conflict with this.

Any idea what to try?

Oh and sorry if I'm too hard to understand, I'm trying my best, but reading/understanding is much easier than writing for me so excuse grammar and vocabulary mistakes please :>
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

I would suggest you check your load order and use BOSS because there should be no problems with any NPC and their dialogue, including Uriel Septim. Also keep in mind WAC is not compatible with other overhauls and mods that alter the default races as it's an overhaul in it's own right. However some can be made to work if you use a Bashed Patch and choose not to use specific WAC esps.

I may be wrong as I've never used the mods you mention and I don't even know what OWCND is, but one of them may be responsible for the missing dialogue, especially when using them with WAC. One of them is obviously interfering with dialogue or changing the default races in some way which will cause a conflict.

I've made a number of characters using all of WAC's files and had no dialogue issues.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

OWCND means Oblivion War Cry - New Dimension, it is a huge mod and i am thinking of installing it myself today.(Not sure yet.) The char i started a week ago is certainly nice but some how still does not...feel right so to speak. OWCND can be used with WAC as long as you do not use the overspawn.esp from WAC. Here you can check out the mod on TESNexus.

Oblivion War Cry - New Dimension
Bizzy
Avid Swordlearner
Avid Swordlearner

Fessels wrote:OWCND means Oblivion War Cry - New Dimension, it is a huge mod and i am thinking of installing it myself today.(Not sure yet.) The char i started a week ago is certainly nice but some how still does not...feel right so to speak. OWCND can be used with WAC as long as you do not use the overspawn.esp from WAC. Here you can check out the mod on TESNexus.

Oblivion War Cry - New Dimension
Mh, for People who likes Waalx' style or who like the Elderscroll's lore, ist the Mod not the best choose.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Bizzy wrote: Mh, for People who likes Waalx' style or who like the Elderscroll's lore, ist the Mod not the best choose.
Well WAC will always be part of my Oblivion game, but i also like to tryout other mods. As long as the items and such feel and look like they could belong in Cyrodill then i do not mind if they are not lore correct. What i do not like if there are many...many items that look futuristic, as if they came from a SciFi movie.(Yes i am aware of the Navi in OWCND :) )

Any way i will see what happens, i first need to re-install Oblivion just to make sure. :)
Maigrets
Admin

Oh, yes I know of that mod. It's often when people use acronyms I don't recognize the less common ones. :)

I did in fact check it out myself, and it does look impressive, but there's too much I don't want like the new races and many other things. The original Oblivion War Cry is an excellent mod though. Unfortunately it probably won't work with WAC, but then I am using OOO and WAC Bashed together with a couple of characters without any glaring problems I can see. Probably balance issues and the like, but I'm past caring about that after all these years playing the game.

I'm not really stuck on Lore as I do use some things that are not strictly fitting the era like modern hair I add to my characters and clothing mainly, but I try to keep the game as close to medieval style as possible. Besides, I have too many mods now and a relatively stable game, so I don't want to be messing around with problems that may occur. I spend too much time troubleshooting as it is for my liking.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Floreria
Fumbling Sworduser

Yeah, I like to find many different armor types cause I tihnk its somewhat unrelaistic to have so many people dressed exactly the same and OWCND adds many thinks I now use seperate mods for (Window Lightning, Rainbows, Harvest Flora / Containers, ....) but too many wierd looking armor & creatures. I, for now, play well with TIE and WAC together - TIE for gameplay, and WAC for variety - as well I added Armamentarium which I hadn't used for a long time. But since the armor just has different colors it fits the game very well. (But I prefer Waalx Armor anyway, love the potion bottles on the belts. They fit the game but still are very detailed.)

I actually got the NPCs to speak anyway... think it was a problem with UOP & BGBalancing. I usually delete the dialog topics from BGs because both have a Race Fix. I forgot this time. Sorry for complaining here, wasn't a fault of WAC or TIE.
Maigrets
Admin

I actually got the NPCs to speak anyway... think it was a problem with UOP & BGBalancing. I usually delete the dialog topics from BGs because both have a Race Fix. I forgot this time. Sorry for complaining here, wasn't a fault of WAC or TIE.
If you don't ask you don't find an answer, even if you did solve it yourself. :)

Never be worried about asking a question. I've asked some pretty dumb ones in my time. :roll:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Oh, yes I know of that mod. It's often when people use acronyms I don't recognize the less common ones. :)

I did in fact check it out myself, and it does look impressive, but there's too much I don't want like the new races and many other things. The original Oblivion War Cry is an excellent mod though. Unfortunately it probably won't work with WAC, but then I am using OOO and WAC Bashed together with a couple of characters without any glaring problems I can see. Probably balance issues and the like, but I'm past caring about that after all these years playing the game.

I'm not really stuck on Lore as I do use some things that are not strictly fitting the era like modern hair I add to my characters and clothing mainly, but I try to keep the game as close to medieval style as possible. Besides, I have too many mods now and a relatively stable game, so I don't want to be messing around with problems that may occur. I spend too much time troubleshooting as it is for my liking.
Actually i have been playing the WAC-OWCND combination for a few levels now and they work well together so far, i am even using WAC Overspawn.esp while the readme mentions that you should not use it. And darn you have to run a lot to survive, i went into a Ayleid ruin only to be met at the entrance by a Boss NPC...and she was level 65. It was like...Hey look she is only wearing a Chitin armor...What she is level 65 bu..*WHACK* :hang: <- RIP my character.
Maigrets
Admin

Actually i have been playing the WAC-OWCND combination for a few levels now and they work well together so far, i am even using WAC Overspawn.esp while the readme mentions that you should not use it.
I was talking about the original Oblivion War Cry by Lazarus that's combined in FCOM where you've underlined my quote, not OWCND. That one has too much I don't want as I said. Like about 85% :)

Anyway, I'm not playing Oblivion at the moment, I'm working my way through Two Worlds 1, a very underrated game. I have to clean out a heap of mods and tidy up my Oblivion data folder as well as restrict myself to one character instead of starting new ones. Then I'm going to try out Adense Epic Dungeons when I level up a bit more. I read once you get into the dungeon there's no way out until the end...sounds epic... :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote: I was talking about the original Oblivion War Cry by Lazarus that's combined in FCOM where you've underlined my quote, not OWCND. That one has too much I don't want as I said. Like about 85% :)
Whoops sorry. :sorry:
Maigrets wrote:Anyway, I'm not playing Oblivion at the moment, I'm working my way through Two Worlds 1, a very underrated game. I have to clean out a heap of mods and tidy up my Oblivion data folder as well as restrict myself to one character instead of starting new ones. Then I'm going to try out Adense Epic Dungeons when I level up a bit more. I read once you get into the dungeon there's no way out until the end...sounds epic... :grin:
Yes at times it is needed to clean up the data folder. I can not remember if i ever played any dungeon mod from Adense. :think:

As for Two Worlds 1...i never heard of that game, guess i will look it up then.
Maigrets
Admin

Adense Epic Dungeons
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27520

Two Worlds (2007) is sort of a cross between the Gothic series and Oblivion but is based on Diablo 2 rules...or so I read somewhere. It's a very big game as well. The world itself is several times bigger than Cyrodiil with deserts, firey ash lands and lava, forests, a seaside village and more. Oh, and huge fire breathing dragons, although they don't fly. Anyway, it's one of those games you either love or hate...I'm on the loving it side. :)

Two Worlds 2 was released last year under a lot of controversy and is nowhere near the game the first one is. My opinion only. :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Adense Epic Dungeons
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=27520

Two Worlds (2007) is sort of a cross between the Gothic series and Oblivion but is based on Diablo 2 rules...or so I read somewhere. It's a very big game as well. The world itself is several times bigger than Cyrodiil with deserts, firey ash lands and lava, forests, a seaside village and more. Oh, and huge fire breathing dragons, although they don't fly. Anyway, it's one of those games you either love or hate...I'm on the loving it side. :)

Two Worlds 2 was released last year under a lot of controversy and is nowhere near the game the first one is. My opinion only. :grin:
Thank you for the link to Adense Epic Dungeons Maigrets. :)

As for Two Worlds, i hat been reading a article about the game on the english Wikipedia. I have played Gothic 1&2 and liked them a lot but not the later ones. Oblivion speaks for itself an as for Diablo 2...darn that is a classic that i have also played a lot back then. Guess i will ask around in the Game stores in my home town if they have Two Worlds 1 or if they can get their hands on a copy. :)
Maigrets
Admin

I forgot to mention the patches for Two Worlds. If you read any early reviews before it was heavily patched, they will be terrible but after the 1.7 patch the game is perfectly stable and bug free, in fact it's never crashed in 71 hours and I still have quite a way to go.
Guess i will ask around in the Game stores in my home town if they have Two Worlds 1 or if they can get their hands on a copy. :)
You can get the fully patched version here for $9.99 or whatever the equivalent is. That's probably US $:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/two_worlds

That site has a lot of the old and hard to get games for a small cost and is perfectly legal in case anyone asks.

Then when I've finished that I'll get back to Oblivion probably as I cleaned out 3.6Gb of mods from my data folder today. I also purchased Hunted - The Demon's Forge on special a couple of weeks ago and almost decided to put it aside until I get a new graphics card in a couple of months, (I hope) but I was pleasantly surprised to find it plays extremely well on medium settings and still looks good IMO. It has outrageous system requirements, but is a good game. Much like Resident Evil 5 with bows and swords instead of guns.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I forgot to mention the patches for Two Worlds. If you read any early reviews before it was heavily patched, they will be terrible but after the 1.7 patch the game is perfectly stable and bug free, in fact it's never crashed in 71 hours and I still have quite a way to go.
Guess i will ask around in the Game stores in my home town if they have Two Worlds 1 or if they can get their hands on a copy. :)
You can get the fully patched version here for $9.99 or whatever the equivalent is. That's probably US $:
http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/two_worlds

That site has a lot of the old and hard to get games for a small cost and is perfectly legal in case anyone asks.

Then when I've finished that I'll get back to Oblivion probably as I cleaned out 3.6Gb of mods from my data folder today. I also purchased Hunted - The Demon's Forge on special a couple of weeks ago and almost decided to put it aside until I get a new graphics card in a couple of months, (I hope) but I was pleasantly surprised to find it plays extremely well on medium settings and still looks good IMO. It has outrageous system requirements, but is a good game. Much like Resident Evil 5 with bows and swords instead of guns.
Thank you for the link to gog.com, but i will first try to find it through the game stores. Still $9.99 is cheap, so if the stores can not get it, i might buy it from gog.com. :)

And i just checked...shjees Hunted - The Demon's Forge needs 3 gig RAM? That is the amount of RAM my system has...there is no problem with the other requirements but the RAM? Memory sticks are cheap now a days but still.
Maigrets
Admin

Well, the reason I said I was going to put Hunted away for awhile until I get a new graphics card is because the Basic requirements don't even cover my current card. It starts at Nvidia 9800, yet I have a 9500GT 500mb Vram, and it runs perfectly fine. In fact quite fast so I could probably fiddle with the options, but I won't at this stage.

I wonder if the devs sent out the wrong system reqs everywhere or something, even printed on the DVD case, because I've seen people say on the Beth forums they have below basic requirements and can play quite well.

Plus, I only have 2Gb of ram, AMD Phenom X3 Triple Core 8450 CPU, and use Windows XP. I think using Windows 7 increases all requirements including RAM from what I've seen with most games.

Even though XP doesn't support DirectX 10 and up, I'm sticking with it as it does everything I need and besides an upgrade is out of the question at the moment.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:Well, the reason I said I was going to put Hunted away for awhile until I get a new graphics card is because the Basic requirements don't even cover my current card. It starts at Nvidia 9800, yet I have a 9500GT 500mb Vram, and it runs perfectly fine. In fact quite fast so I could probably fiddle with the options, but I won't at this stage.

I wonder if the devs sent out the wrong system reqs everywhere or something, even printed on the DVD case, because I've seen people say on the Beth forums they have below basic requirements and can play quite well.

Plus, I only have 2Gb of ram, AMD Phenom X3 Triple Core 8450 CPU, and use Windows XP. I think using Windows 7 increases all requirements including RAM from what I've seen with most games.

Even though XP doesn't support DirectX 10 and up, I'm sticking with it as it does everything I need and besides an upgrade is out of the question at the moment.

Hmm since you can play it already the Devs must have send out the wrong requirements. Or maybe those are recommended requirements for best game play?
Maigrets
Admin

ROFL...the recommended requirements are like something out of fantasy land for me. I can dream though. :)