Race selection

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Daman.tm
Fumbling Sworduser

Is there a way to remove the races with beards/mustaches for playable races? I think it's very annoying
Daman.tm
Fumbling Sworduser

bump?

I wanted this mod for it's enriching content, but making a new character is almost a hassle with 5-6 times the same race, but with a slightly different mustache
shingouki
Admin

That's just the downside from having it available. I look at it like this: Beards and mustaches add a lot to the game, and the only way to make it work and keep it believable is to make it part of a race.
The other alternative is to make it an "item" that they equip, but it doesn't look even remotely as good since it wont move with the mouth. I also know that Skyrim will most likely have tons of beard options as well so customization of a new character will probably take a while there too.

So I think its better to just live with it, you only have to make a custom character every once in a while. At least like this you can actually PICK beards for your character.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Exactly as shingouki says. Check out some other large mods, for example Elsweyr the Deserts of Anequina and others and you'll find the same thing. Since I have that mod as well as WAC I have a lot more to click through and it's not like it takes even a minute.

If that's your only problem using WAC. I'd say you're doing well.

It's the only good way to add races to a mod without causing problems. If you don't have the patience to click through them when making a new character you can always use an early save from another character and use the showracemenu via the console to change race. Or a save from the sewer exit where you can do it without having to do the tutorial.

Also you should notice this forum isn't extremely active so bumping after less than two hours and expecting an answer is a bit pointless.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
StormDrummer
Unsteady Sworduser
Born in: 1966

I agree that the extra "races" are a headache. I'm not crazy about some of the models, and having to click through too many options can cause crashes. In Morrowind I actually made my own face replacer so I wouldn't have to plow through so many options every time I made a character (which I do frequently.) I'm now working on the Oblivion chargen. But there is a way to fix it: you can go into the CS and click off the "playable race" option for each model you don't want. Cleans things up quite a bit, and they're still available for NPCs.
shingouki
Admin

StormDrummer wrote:I agree that the extra "races" are a headache. I'm not crazy about some of the models, and having to click through too many options can cause crashes. In Morrowind I actually made my own face replacer so I wouldn't have to plow through so many options every time I made a character (which I do frequently.) I'm now working on the Oblivion chargen. But there is a way to fix it: you can go into the CS and click off the "playable race" option for each model you don't want. Cleans things up quite a bit, and they're still available for NPCs.
That doesn't work without a script to set them playable after the game starts. If you set it non-playable they will lose all of their dialogue.

Also, seriously guys? Clicking too many times is a hassle? You only have to do it once per character; it's not that serious.
Maigrets
Admin

Also, seriously guys? Clicking too many times is a hassle? You only have to do it once per character; it's not that serious.
Obviously a few minutes or seconds in this case is too much for some. Of all the things to get uptight about this one is so minor... ;-((

Wait until the real problems with the game start popping up. And I don't mean WAC or most other mods.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

shingouki wrote: Also, seriously guys? Clicking too many times is a hassle? You only have to do it once per character; it's not that serious.

Agreed, it will only show once during character generation. During character generation you are clicking and using sliders to get the face you want, so it is/should not be a problem having to click a few times more.
Schmitty59
Fumbling Sworduser

Can't you just go into the Construction Set and set the beard/moustache races as 'Not Playable'?
Though, it might not work as my CS crashes whenever i try to save with WAC but you might have better luck.
Maigrets
Admin

Schmitty59 wrote:Can't you just go into the Construction Set and set the beard/moustache races as 'Not Playable'?
Though, it might not work as my CS crashes whenever i try to save with WAC but you might have better luck.
If your CS crashes with WAC it must be caused by something else as many others don't have the same issue with WAC.

The races with beards and moustaches are made playable for a good reason and changing that will create problems. This question has been asked many times and the answer is to leave them alone.

I don't get what people's problem is with a few extra clicks....it's not like most people make new characters every day, several times a day. :roll:
Mormacil
Exquisite Fencer
Exquisite Fencer

Schmitty59 wrote:Can't you just go into the Construction Set and set the beard/moustache races as 'Not Playable'?
Putting them Not Playable breaks them on NPCs for some reason that's why they're playable.
"Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos"

"why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

co-leader TES4 Valenwood