Getting WAC to Work With Overhauls and Other Mods.

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Good luck! I was tired today. astar
SMB92
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1992

Thank you all for your replies. I think that you may misunderstand what i want to do - make an injector. What i would do is create a refined version of the WAC plugin that would load directly below WAC in the load order, more specifically make it into a direct FCOM expansion, adding all animals/creatures/monsters/mounts to the FCOM Loot and Leveled lists and provide patching for all Worldspace additions from WAC (which i will do last). Essentially i would, as i say, refine the mod in a way that would not require me to upload resources and also require the official WAC plugin. That's about as good as i can explain it, any more queries please ask. I hate having even the slightest imperfection in my game, this is why i have just built a $10,000 machine last month, for perfection and believe me, I know my way around TES4Edit and CS to make that happen.

@anohosikara: As i understand it, your patches are for LL's directly, more specifically to ensure the correct proportions of creatures are spawning in the right areas as per FCOM list (overspawn). If what i have said just now regarding my patch initiative is different in an adverse way and effectively worth doing, let me know because i don't want to steal your thunder if you are already working on this same thing.

@Everyone: I stated that my idea would be like an FCOM Expansion, that is just an explanatory term. Realistically it's about having Oblivion modded with everything you can possibly throw at it without flaws. The type of project i am suggesting isn't an overnight one, and in full would take a lot of time to indeed refine and would have to be released in sections, i.e Animals/Creatures injector, then add landscape/world fixes/additions, stats balancing etc etc if you get the picture. If at all you think i am wasting my time please don't be afraid to say so, however i do plan to do this for myself as i always like to take the best from every mod/modder and make it work the way that it was mostly intended.

I am open to any response, but as i say this ain't n overnight project, especially for one man so it could be a month before anything is complete. Thanks for listening :)

EDITED: Couple of typo's haha.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

it sounds fantastic, you might even get the FCOM guys to endorse and we would finally get FWCOM ( I also use John's Leveled Lists Overhaul, so I have JFWCOM running :D )

it also sounds similar to what anohosikara did though, so you might want to ask him to PM you the link to his patch so you can check it out and see what's already been done, so you don't waste your time.

you mention landscape issues, care to share what issues you have noticed? I'm running most popular quest mods so it's likely I have some land tears around. but so far I've only noticed one at the mouth of the river ravine UL

one VERY important point:

WAC final is done, and it's just waiting for Waalx to get a decent enough connection to upload it.

FCOM is also getting an upgrade soon: OOO 1.35 , MMM 3.8 and COBL ( 1.74 I think? ) are coming out soon, and therefore also FCOM (UFCOM since CorePC took over ) is getting updated to match them.

therefore, I'd recommend you wait for these two releases. otherwise you'll end up doing a lot of work, only to find out that you basically have to start all over again. THAT would be quite enraging I guess ;)
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Hello SMB92. :hello:
I sent a PM.

Gekko64
UL I like too.
I would like to introduce a UL Also, if you have bought the parts of the PC.

I'm glad sometimes put us in the forum and your SS.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

not sure what you mean here anohosikara :)

do you mean you also want to make WAC - UL patches?

and you also want to know if he built his computer himself insteaf of buying it already assembled?
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

:grin:
Today is like a bad tone of machine translation.

What I want to say "I love Unique Landscapes!"

It's not that important though.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

WAC + UL = :) :) :) :) :)
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

Alright i'll have a look at your patches anohosikara :) and after i post this i'll read your PM. Oh btw, i built my machine from parts, in fact i just put the water cooler in today as i have been water for an Intel LGA2011 socket adapter for over a month. If you plan to make UL pathes that would be sweet as, i use a few UL mods myself.

@Gekko: OMG are they really planning to update FCOM!? I'll look into right away, sounds sweet although that makes my patchwork redundant.... Also by landscape and world i mean hings that are added in by WAC that would be incompatible with FCOM and also by puting/moving these kinds of things in logical places where i know won't conflict with most big mods out there, most of which i use. Haven't fully played through the WAC mod so i haven't seen anything yet from memory anyway, but like you say there are sure to be a few.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

redundant? not at all, there's no compatibility with WAC in sight ;)

but yes, the update shouldn't take more than another month, they're very close... and then there's WAC final which could happen any day :D
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

Gekko64 wrote:redundant? not at all, there's no compatibility with WAC in sight ;)

but yes, the update shouldn't take more than another month, they're very close... and then there's WAC final which could happen any day :D

Oh by redundant i meant my own patch work i've spent ages on haha, not that it's funny although i am excited to hear they are finally updating it. Funny that, i return to oblivion after a year and it's all happening all at once hahaha. Maybe this is where my patch would be good! Will look into it.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

yeah, once those 2 are out your injector would definitely be a godsend. hopefully WAC final will be here soon... keep your fingers crossed :D
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

One thing i used to hate was having to update all the time haha and repatch haha but i've go my mind set on it now so guess i'm gonna have to do some waiting...
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

well, you could start looking into landscape conflicts as those are less likely to get changed in WAC final IMHO.

one I know about for sure: Shezrie's towns! there's one village in Valenwood, right across the river strid south of anvil. WAC places a goblin camp ( abecean camp ) RIGHT ON TOP OF IT. I was lucky enough and Psymon from the beth forums sent me his own edited WAC.esp where he axed the camp to make it compatible. good stuff.

then there's some WAC spawn points that could get moved a bit so they don't spawn animals too close to mod locations. Shadowcrest Vineyard is one, Faregyl Village is another.

also there's one ( or more, not sure ) WAC spawn point right in the middle of UL Rolling Hills which is problematic. on my computer, which is good but not great ( i5-2430m , turbo boost up to 3.0 ghz - Oblivion only uses one core so that's all that matters. 500 EUR laptop ) I would get the crashies there due to way too many spawns ( WAC animals + FCOM baddies nearby + many animals added by the UL = system overload ) . I had to remove the UL, luckily it's the worst of em all IMHO :D
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

Now you see what i mean by injector, hardly any spawn points, only the special creature ones and the rest go straight into FCOM LL's. That's what i meant. I can't really start looking into landscape issues because i don't have my install up and running and now you told about the updates i'm a little unsure whether to do the install. I just done some research and i see OOO 1.35 beta is out (unplayable by my watch) and MMM 3.8 on the way... I'm thinking maybe i'll stick with the current FCOM for compatibility with all other mods cos i'm not sure how all my other mods are going to like it... and i use oer 1000 mods (merged a lot of them into my own esps of course). I'm gonna have to do a lot more research into the new additions of this new FCOM and how to patch around it.

I'll keep this thread updated with my findings, i'm still keen to get WAC done as my priority mod because i really want it perfected myself, might have to wait for the final...
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

yeah, the main issue right now of a FCOM + WAC setup ( even using anohosikara's patch ) is that to ADD spawn points to the world you HAVE TO use WAC.esp . using also MMM - more Wilderness life alongside with it would mean wayyyyy too many spawns, cyrodiil would turn into a battleground.

this means that those WAC.esp added spawn points will spawn WAC creatures only, while from vanilla spawn points you'll get both FCOM and WAC stuff.

this means of course that with FCOM + WAC you're going to see a lot less FCOM stuff around, not a big issue but still it could be integrated better , with every spawn point having both FCOM and WAC stuff. this would require a lot of work on your part though :D

don't trust me 100% on this though, I might be wrong. maybe anohosikara can correct me if I am :)
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

Again Gekko i think you might misunderstand my idea. I want to remove the spawn points in WAC via a patch and then in that same patch load all the creatures into the appropriate Level Lists as well as add custom spawns for WAC that don't conflict with (what i believe to be, given the mods i'm using) any other mods, then adjust vanilla lists etc etc. The way i use FCOM is so that some places you cannot enter without a high level character so for that i use custom Level list spawns for creatures that would logically appear at those levels.

It really isn't that hard to make such a patch, just very slow and time consuming and there is a lot of proofing to do because it is easy to miss the odd one or two things in TES4Edit and CS, which i hate doing hahaha but you get that. For the moment i would only like to focus on landscape/world issues as i come across them which i think is best, however it ill take some playing time to find out.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I have good news!

I have looked around for WAC landscape conflicts. turns out, there really doesn't seem to be many.

the only serious one I've found is with Kagrenir's Death Quest, one of the best quest mods.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/115267 ... __16874983

so if you or anybody else can make a patch for this, by all means go ahead :)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Gekko64 wrote:yeah, once those 2 are out your injector would definitely be a godsend. hopefully WAC final will be here soon... keep your fingers crossed :D
I wouldn't expect it anytime soon if I were you unless you know something I don't, which I doubt.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

didn't Alex say it was already done, and the issue was that he's travelling and he just can't find a good enough connection to upload the huge .bsa file?
SMB92
Steady Sworduser

Alright i will continue my work as i intended it. When the time comes i will show you my work if it is still needed. I am going to continue with FCOM as it already is, as upgrading would be devastating to my load list as most compatibility is between the current FCOM and all the patches i have made will become redundant. I won't start work on my WAC patch until the final version is uploaded whenever that may be, at least i will have time to perfect my current LL. I shall continue to watch this thread and keep you posted. Thanks everyone for hearing me out.