Getting WAC to Work With Overhauls and Other Mods.

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Gekko64 wrote:didn't Alex say it was already done, and the issue was that he's travelling and he just can't find a good enough connection to upload the huge .bsa file?
Yes he did, and that was late last year. Depending on what he's doing and where he is and therefore availability of a good internet connection, an upload could be weeks, months or a year away...or never. I'm sure it's not his highest priority these days.

As I've already said he does log in here from time to time (last was this month)so he will see this and every other thread. Considering the requests for integration into FCOM, something that was and is still against Alex's wishes, at least until he makes a statement himself to the contrary, what's happening in this thread is an insult.

If you created a mod and everyone came to your own forum to find out how to effectively change it into something else would you not be annoyed? It's as much as saying "I don't like your mod and I want to change it into something else."

There's no difference in having someone come into your own home, rearranging everything to their liking and throwing what they don't want to the rubbish tip. I'm sure that would go over well.

I see no issue with compatibility patches for UL and mods like Elsweyr etc (I used them myself) as these make all of those mods work together and as they originally were meant to be. Integration is another thing entirely.

WAC is an overhaul of it's own, as I've also pointed out before, not to be added to others for several reasons, the least of which meaning much of the feel and lore (yes there is Lore) will be lost. People only want the armours and creatures and to mash them together into a big compilation with little care about the years, and work it took to get this far.

I loved FCOM myself when I was playing Oblivion, and I'm happy to say that I know the developers of FCOM themselves will at least respect Alex and his decision when it comes to using his work....whether he changes his mind in the future or not.

A LOT of models in WAC are new and unique, created by Alex himself, especially the weapons, and not altered vanilla files and he has had some of them stolen and sold on other sites.

I will stress this again since no-one took any notice a few pages back....you can make patches for your own use. You can upload them to mainstream sites like Tesnexus, but absolutely NO assets are to be uploaded. The only people who have permission to use WAC files are myself and Shingouki.

anohosikara has already provided FCOM patches and might I say posted them respectfully without turning this into a FCOM discussion thread.

Have some respect for Alex and the forum where he shows his work, and future (if any) projects as well as talking about how much of WAC you plan to change. Otherwise, this thread will be locked and you can take it somewhere else more appropriate.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I think you're taking this entirely the wrong way Maigrets.

I don't see any disrespect in what we're talking about, quite the contrary.

improving the compatibility of the mod will bring it more visibility, because people are going to be a lot more likely to use this then.

Waalx himself stated that it's fine to create plugins dependent on WAC, as long as none of the assets are redistributed.

and nobody is planning to redistribute anything.

if it turns out waalx does have an issue with this being public, like he did with anohosikara's, he can just mention it and it can be solved just like happened with anohosikara. no longer public, if you want it just ask kindly and you'll get it. seems reasonable.

another example: WAC - Elsweyr patch. basically, what Waalx wants is that in order to have ANY WAC assets, you're going to need to come to these forums, DL wac from here so that he doesn't take the blame for third-party uploads that might be different compared to the original.

Waalx said WAC content is NOT going to be into other overhauls, and what he meant is what I already said above: no WAC assets will be included in MMM.

he never said that patches to make them work together are not allowed. these are two different things.

"If you created a mod and everyone came to your own forum to find out how to effectively change it into something else would you not be annoyed? It's as much as saying "I don't like your mod and I want to change it into something else."

There's no difference in having someone come into your own home, rearranging everything to their liking and throwing what they don't want to the rubbish tip. I'm sure that would go over well."

actually what we're saying is: we like this mod so much we will invest time and effort to make it able to work better alongside other mods.

of course when you mix WAC with other overhauls it's going to change the experience. so does that mean that FCOM disrespects OOO, MMM, Frans etc?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't ;)

and it's not like rearranging somebody's home. we're not talking about changing WAC itself. WAC is public, so if anyone wants to create compatibility patches it's fair game. nobody's forcing you to use them if you don't want... but it does make the mod usable by a lot more people, and I don't think waalx is going to be sad about more people enjoying the fruit of his work...

besides why did he make it modular himself if he didn't want people to choose the parts they want?

in the readme it says: these parts are required, these others are optional. so if people don't want to use any optional part of the mod they're free to do so... and it's a very agreeable design decision. he even posted he has plans to make it even MORE modular, and he allowed FCOM team to integrate Realswords in FCOM so it shows he's not hostile to having his work integrated into bigger combos.

perhaps you'd just prefer we moved this discussion into another thread, or to a different board entirely like Bethsoft's? that would also work :)

again please don't take this the wrong way, I have the highest praise for WAC and consider it a must-have :)
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I do not make a FWACOM. Please do not worry. astar

Try to apply for a permit of FixMOD to Waalx in the near future.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

FWACOM is a nice name :D

don't worry, she wasn't talking about you, she was talking about me and SMB92 ;)
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I sent PM for Waalx.

I waiting leisurely. :)
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Gekko64 wrote:FWACOM is a nice name :D

don't worry, she wasn't talking about you, she was talking about me and SMB92 ;)
Yes, SHE was and you, Gekko64, still have no idea what I'm talking about. Sarcasm will get you nowhere. ;)
I sent PM for Waalx.

I waiting leisurely. :)
Thank you for using some initiative. Let's see what happens.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

I don't know why you wrote SHE in capitals, but I wasn't being sarcastic.

if I have no idea what I'm talking about, please explain. either here or PM. I really don't want to cause any trouble.

hopefully we can sort this out and get back to singing Kumbaya together :)

( just noticed the "very happy" smilie looks like a sarcastic grin on these boards so that might have given a bad impression :lol: )
SMB92
Steady Sworduser
Born in: 1992

Hi,

Sorry i have been gone a bit, one of my 7970's turned into a brick...

Wow i think this is getting a bit out of hand here and all because we want to things to work with each other. @Maigrets- I see exactly what you are saying and that's more than fair enough, your only defending Waalx work and as we all know it is a volatile world when it comes to modding assets and ownership. I apologize for any misconception of my ideas, all i want is for FCOM and WAC to work together in my game because i love them both. I'm not talking about making a million bucks here, just some sure-fire compatibility.
The best analogy you could of used here Maigrets is this: An artist paints a beautiful picture, then someone comes along and modifies the painting to their liking contrary to the vision of the artist. Let us say that we are the someone, and Waalx is the artist, obviously. You make a more than fair enough call, and as you say we are free to modify it for ourselves (as it is public release after all, you cannot stop this) just not release any assets. In light of this i will not be releasing anything, but again i think this has got entirely on the wrong track. All i want to do is make a patch that would remove conflicting data and add on to the LL's in FCOM within this patch so that way, bobs your uncle and FCOM and WAC play happily ever after. Nothing more nothing less.

I think it is time to get off this subject, when (and if) Waalx replies to this thread or anohosikara we shall see the fate of this topic. Realistically we should of just contacted him from the start, we can be patient just as he was in bringing this mod to us, which we are grateful for no matter what.

EDIT: Couple o' typo's
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

hi anohosikara! :)

an update to OOO, MMM and FCOM is coming soon.

are you going to update your patches to the new FCOM if needed?

cheers!
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

Gekko64 wrote:hi anohosikara! :)

an update to OOO, MMM and FCOM is coming soon.

are you going to update your patches to the new FCOM if needed?

cheers!
I want to make the patch.
MMMv3.8 seems to be pleasant. :)
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

looking forward to it :)
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I test played at WAC + MMMv3.8.
Even if I do not make a patch, I can enjoy MMMv3.8.

Maybe, I might adjust the LeveledList of Daedra and Goblin.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

FCOM update will come out in a couple days as well :)

do you think your Overspawn patch will need an update for that?
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I am slightly busy now. :roll:
It takes time.

If FCOM is updated, I examine it in TES4Edit.

Please wait slowly.
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

take your time :)
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

FCOM 1.0 is out!!! http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/139889 ... ry21279912

the long wait is finally over :D
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

I was checking the LeveledList of OOOv1.35.
There is no significant change.
I think that I can use "WAC - OverSpawn4v1.0bOOO.esp". :)

Next step is to check the MMMv3.8.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

There are no big changes MMMv3.8.
The plug in will not be necessary.

Next FCOMv1.0.
anohosikara
Vigilant Swordhand
Vigilant Swordhand

FCOMv1.0 has many changes.
However, "WAC - OverSpawn4v1.0bFCOM.esp" will be usable. :ninja:

I end a report. :)
Gekko64
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

that's great to know, thank you very much! :)

do you have plans to update "WAC - OverSpawn4v1.0bFCOM.esp" for better compatibility in the future or is it perfect already? :)