Fox following me....

Download and read about WAC Beta v0.1
Kassandrathecleric
Fumbling Sworduser
Born in: 1971

Hello everyone. I looked around and did some searches but didn't find an answer. I apologize if I missed it!!

I am playing a mod vampire (Bella's) and I have just started a game. I was in Pells Gate and this cute little fox (or dog..I dont know it looks like a fox but maybe its not) with the same fur color as my hair and blue eyes like my character shows up and starts following me. Via Refscope I figured out that it was from Wac and in the vampire faction. I can't interact with it but its following me around.

Can someone clue me in? Thanks in advance for an answer on what is up with the cute little thing.

:anyone:
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Hi Kassandra, :)

Many creatures in WAC are friendly (or just passive unless provoked) and have several different faction types. Some, like the white lions at shrines will defend you and even follow and fight for you IF you have a certain thing from WAC (think large food item) in your inventory. If they die they will respawn and you can't otherwise interact with them. There are others as well if you can find them.

This possibly sounds like a Maned Wolf if it's red or it could also be a fox....more likely a wolf since vampires are linked to them in vampire lore. The only thing I can think of is it's because you're a vampire and it likes you because of it's disposition towards vampires. I wouldn't worry about it unless it bothers you, but it would be interesting to see if it defended you from an enemy. It would probably stop following if you fast traveled or moved far enough away from it's original location.

Also there are named creatures in a lot of places that are traveling trader and mage pets that sometimes get separated from their masters, and lots more things to discover that at first glance people may not expect to find. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Kassandrathecleric
Fumbling Sworduser

Thank you for your answer. It actually is named..erm..Raxa or something like that? It stayed with me through several fast travels but seems to be gone. I kinda liked him/her. He was red with blue eyes. It was weird as it exactly matched my hair and eyes...really a coincidence. LOL

I hope to run into him again. I was not sure if he was essential as I didn't pop open the CS.

Thank you though for your quick response.
Maigrets
Admin

Oh, Raxa belongs to a merchant, I think. You'll probably find other named creatures that belong to merchants alone in a few places as well. For some reason their packages don't seem to work correctly, or the link between them and their owners needs checking.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Kassandrathecleric
Fumbling Sworduser

BTW yes, yes he does fight with me. He showed up again when I fast traveled to an outdoor location. Been following me around and I wanted to see what would happen so I found some bandits. If I hit him with a spell he will turn on me though a calm creature works fine.

I don't believe he is essential. Would it hurt anything if I did set him to be so? Thanks again.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I hat a similar problem once. I was in one of the towns where a NPC was walking around with a named creature(Could also have been Raxa, not sure anymore.) When i fast traveled out of that town it was suddenly with my character and it kept following me where ever my character went. At a certain point my character got attacked by a bandit or something and instead of helping me the named creature attacked my character the second i hit the enemy. (Even though the enemy hit my character first.)

The named creature did not survive to be united with her/it's master. :hang:
Maigrets
Admin

Kassandrathecleric wrote:BTW yes, yes he does fight with me. He showed up again when I fast traveled to an outdoor location. Been following me around and I wanted to see what would happen so I found some bandits. If I hit him with a spell he will turn on me though a calm creature works fine.

I don't believe he is essential. Would it hurt anything if I did set him to be so? Thanks again.
I'm sure it wouldn't matter if you set him essential. I've done it with Yakul the elk mount as he's so cute and I hate it if he dies. If you haven't met him yet he's a special mount and can be found at the Sweetwater camp on the road to the IC from Vilverin, along with an Equus horse. They are behind the sheds in the stable yards. You can take them freely and Yakul has his own unique packages as far as combat and following.

If other named creatures (not the mounts....usually) attack you it would be because they are not player owned. They aren't meant to be as they have owners, but it often doesn't work as intended.

If it's the same creature I think it is, Raxa is a maned wolf as I said. I made myself a companion using the same models but never released it, so if you'd like it I can upload it to my Mediafire account and leave a link here. You won't have any issues with friendly fire and his name is Copper.