WAC screenshots, post your own!

Public gallery of shot taken while using Waalx Animals & Creatures! Add your own!
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

Asterai wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry to show up and whine without contributing - but ImageBanana? Whhhyyyyyy? :hang: It's sooo creepy. I can't look at the pictures without getting skeezy popup ads all over the place. Not just any popup ads, skeezy popup ads, that involve getting hit on by bots with hot female avatars or invited to play Farmville clones that are apparently marketed to children. :shudder: I'm sure there's a good reason y'all are using this site - maybe it's easier to post things or allows more posts for free or they stay up longer - but if there is a viable alternative, could someone please point it out to the crowd? I'd appreciate it.

Well personally i do not get to see pop ups because my browser blocks those and ads and such are taken care of by Adblock Plus for me. So i never notice the things you noticed, but there are quit a few different Image hosting services.

*Bild.me: http://www.bild.me/index.php
*Photobucket: http://photobucket.com/
*Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/
(I have not used Flickr myself so i do not know how good/bad it is.)

*ImageShack: http://imageshack.us/

There are many more i imagine but these come to mind right now. Also for the same reasons mentioned at the top of my post i do not know if and how many ads and pop ups those produce.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Asterai wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry to show up and whine without contributing - but ImageBanana? Whhhyyyyyy? :hang: It's sooo creepy. I can't look at the pictures without getting skeezy popup ads all over the place. Not just any popup ads, skeezy popup ads, that involve getting hit on by bots with hot female avatars or invited to play Farmville clones that are apparently marketed to children. :shudder: I'm sure there's a good reason y'all are using this site - maybe it's easier to post things or allows more posts for free or they stay up longer - but if there is a viable alternative, could someone please point it out to the crowd? I'd appreciate it.
Like Fessels said there are plenty of other good file hosts. For image hosting I personally use Photobucket and have had no problems with it for the several years I've been using it.

I use Firefox (latest release version 4) with AdBlock and NoScript so I see no ads or popups and Firefox itself has excellent security by default. Spybot or something like Malwarebytes, or both, are excellent free programs that should be essentials on any computer as well as a good firewall and antivirus. Having said that, I only use the Windows Firewall along with Spybot and AVG Free Antivirus updated daily and I never have issues.

I also know many sites rely on advertising to keep going but even big well known gaming and other sites have been targeted recently and so users get infected, but I'm not taking any chances with my computer and data.

It sounds like you have low level browser security and/or no Malware protection which you should look really look into. It's up to you to make sure you have a secure system so no matter which site you go to you have as much preventative backup as possible. There are too many risks these days not to be safe. The latest round of threats are fake Virus Scanners that hide themselves within popups, hijack your browser and deactivate any legitimate Malware or Antivirus programs and in the end infect your entire system. They can also lock you out of your own files so they are very hard to remove and sometimes a complete low level format is the only way to get rid of them if you're too late and you're already infected. Loss of important data isn't worth the risk and this will happen if they aren't caught in time.

You can have more than one Adware/Malware blocker, but only one Antivirus program installed at a time. Nothing is foolproof though. Hackers and spammers are getting more ruthless every day so you almost need to be paranoid about security. If you see something suspicious like a program wanting to install itself without asking first or that you didn't intend, immediately close your browser, shut down any unknown processes in Task Manager in Windows XP which I use, or whatever it's called in Windows 7, and run the mentioned security programs. For the more serious Malware like the fake scanners sometimes it's too late even then. There are also specific removers for these types available, but you need them to be installed before the threat catches you.

Also be careful about searching Google etc for recommended Antivirus and Malware removers unless you know exactly what you're looking for. These fake ones will also show up in results.
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Asterai
Fumbling Sworduser

Actually, I do have Firefox (I use it for all web browsing), and it does block normal popups, so now I'm a bit confused about where our experiences differ. ImageBanana does something I've rarely seen done by other sites (and never before on a site where I couldn't easily find an alternative, less creepy site with equivalent content). It doesn't open a popup ad when I first navigate to the page. Instead, it plasters a big, ugly ad over the front of the image I went there to see. I can't see the bulk of the posted image without "closing" the ugly ad that's taking up the screen - but when I click on the X to close it, it opens a new window with the content of that selfsame ad, only bigger and uglier. I think Firefox doesn't block the popup because it was prompted by a mouse click, so it thinks this is content I actually elected to see.

Is there some alternative way of getting rid of the ads without prompting a popup?

Edit: I also have Norton Antivirus installed on all the computers I use.
Asterai
Maigrets
Admin

Go here and download AdBlock and NoScript. They will install automatically for you, but you will need to close Firefox and open it again for them to be enabled. It's Mozilla's site and is secure.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... se=popular

Both of the plugins will require you to do some setup allowing permissions as to what you will allow each time you visit a website, but mainly with NoScript. It can be a pain at first but it's better than the alternative. With NoScript you can also choose to temporarily "Allow All" just while you view the page and you will probably need to do this so you can see download buttons. There will be an added bar at the bottom of the browser for NoScript functions.

With AdBlock you can also block things you don't want or give permissions. With both of these plugins installed it's a new experience browsing the web without ads and popups and popunders.

To see where they are in Firefox so you can configure or just check go to..Tools - Addons at the top. When they have updates Firefox will notify you and you can choose to update or not.

I just clicked one of those ImageBanana thumbnails and all I got was the image I wanted to see. No popups or any other crap. :)

I hope that helps. :)
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

I use Firefox with AdBlock too. It's perfect and I never see this popup idiocy.
Sorry Asterai for all these hot female avatars, I have tortured you with :lol: I can look for another hoster, no problem.
And I have to look for another Oblivion-DVD, that's the second DVD, I damaged during the last years. :-(
In the meantime you can try out Maigrets recommendations with the following screenshots (Image Banana):
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Maigrets
Admin

Salimbene wrote:I use Firefox with AdBlock too. It's perfect and I never see this popup idiocy.
Sorry Asterai for all these hot female avatars, I have tortured you with :lol: I can look for another hoster, no problem.
And I have to look for another Oblivion-DVD, that's the second DVD, I damaged during the last years. :-(
In the meantime you can try out Maigrets recommendations with the following screenshots (Image Banana):
I don't see why you need to find or use another host unless you want to. It's up to others to make sure they have security before viewing any site or image.
Asterai
Fumbling Sworduser

Just tried those links with AdBlock installed and it works great! Thanks much for the tip!
Asterai
Maigrets
Admin

The sneaky Khajiit and his pet near Pell's Gate....thinks I can't see him. :)
White mantis and my summoned bear (courtesy of Mighty Magic)
Gargoyle lays in wait for the unwary traveler' The circular discs are from The Ayleid Steps mod.
I'm not searching through every page to check, but has anyone come across these skeletal guys and know anything about them? They hang out around the roads and hills near Fort Nikel. They are friendly and will even exchange rumours.. :grin:
Their names are Horseon (riding), Pavlo and Brumor. The horse is demonic looking with pointed ears and red eyes, but I didn't notice if it had a name.
The mythic Mer faced lion

true highlander
Unsteady Sworduser

~ love all of your stuff Maigrets, thank you :)

Just a couple of old ss I'm kinda fond of and thought to share:

Image...Image

new(ish)...
I've taken many more other new ones too, playing around with OBGE etc... ;)
~J

PS: oh yeah, I did run into those pacifistic undead. The other critters that were on my tail were not so friendly to them though, it was quite a battle! (I let it play several times just for the entertainment)

...and this is a good site for me regarding images: www.image-share.com/ (it's getting late and I'm sleepy...:lol: )

I just found another oldy of the Mer Headed Lion:
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder
Born in: 1986

Maigrets wrote:
I'm not searching through every page to check, but has anyone come across these skeletal guys and know anything about them? They hang out around the roads and hills near Fort Nikel. They are friendly and will even exchange rumours.. :grin:
Their names are Horseon (riding), Pavlo and Brumor. The horse is demonic looking with pointed ears and red eyes, but I didn't notice if it had a name.
Yeah i found some of those guys, the ones i came across inhabited wariel fort and were called rodaj knights, after their lord (boss), who has a neat sword once you beat him. The all have a copy of the brief history of the empire v1. which suggests they are an undead remnant of the many divided knight factions that existed before the creation of the empire.
Theyre a pretty refreshing change from the boring vanilla oblivion skeletons too! :cheese:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Gork712 wrote:Yeah i found some of those guys, the ones i came across inhabited wariel fort and were called rodaj knights, after their lord (boss), who has a neat sword once you beat him. The all have a copy of the brief history of the empire v1. which suggests they are an undead remnant of the many divided knight factions that existed before the creation of the empire.
Theyre a pretty refreshing change from the boring vanilla oblivion skeletons too! :cheese:
Yah those Dead Knights seem to be a rare occurrence. So far since i started using WAC i only saw them 4 times. Or maybe i am not searching good enough. :D
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:
Yeah i found some of those guys, the ones i came across inhabited wariel fort and were called rodaj knights, after their lord (boss), who has a neat sword once you beat him. The all have a copy of the brief history of the empire v1. which suggests they are an undead remnant of the many divided knight factions that existed before the creation of the empire.
I know the other ones in the forts and they are definitely not friendly whereas these three are a very jolly trio. :grin:

I've seen them several times always in the same place near Fort Nikel. I think they are meant to be friendly going by the fact the guards don't react aggressively and a couple of them rode past quite unaware.

I have some good laughs with WAC. :lol: A poor guard got ambushed by six of those little wargs and was turning circles trying to hit them because they are small. I just couldn't help him out from laughing so much. Poor guy didn't make it so I took all his gear for "safe keeping" . :cheese:
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Has anyone run into the black giant yet? I would post a screenshot but for some reason i cant trake any. ;(
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I have some good laughs with WAC. :lol: A poor guard got ambushed by six of those little wargs and was turning circles trying to hit them because they are small. I just couldn't help him out from laughing so much. Poor guy didn't make it so I took all his gear for "safe keeping" . :cheese:
LoL "safe keeping"...sure. :D And yeah they are quit dangerous in a pack.
Gork712 wrote:Has anyone run into the black giant yet? I would post a screenshot but for some reason i cant trake any. ;(
No not so far.
Maigrets
Admin

Gork712 wrote:Has anyone run into the black giant yet? I would post a screenshot but for some reason i cant trake any. ;(
Not me either. Where approximately is he? I can see if I can get a screen shot.

EDIT: Re your screen shot issue...have you changed your ini in My Documents\My Games\Oblivion under Display to read:
bAllowScreenShot=1

If you're using AA that won't work and you'll need an external program like FRAPS.
http://www.fraps.com/
Gork712
Disciplined Swordwielder
Disciplined Swordwielder

Ah i didnt know you have to do that.
And i encountered the black giant around county kavatch somewhere near the bandit camps which are part of the orrery dlc quest. I was just strolling along and suddenly saw this huge guy stomping about ahead of me! i was like "hide! D:"
EDIT: Found the beast. Not sure how to thumbnail them. :X
Maigrets
Admin

Which image host are you using? There should be an option to select images and create clickable thumbnails. For example in Photobucket you would select an image, click in it's checkbox and at the bottom of the page is an options link where you can do various things including choosing options for posting on forums and other programs. You can select multiple images at the same time.

On page 8 several people have written about making thumbnails.

I haven't seen that giant yet, but if you follow the Kvatch to Skingrad road there's a big green giant off the road to the right.

Poor bunny out in the rain..

Mobbed. And there are more off screen. :ninja:

Road Runners. Not running though when I have console power!!!! I stopped them in their tracks. :grin:

Terror Birds. Probably been posted heaps of times, but here they are again. :)

Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

Road Runners. Not running though when I have console power!!!! I stopped them in their tracks
Hihihi, two running Roadrunners in one screenshot, that would be a paradoxon - without console power. :grin:

It took a few weeks, but finally I detected that my Oblivion DVD wasn't kaputt, it only needed a bit of cleaning. So, I'm on the road again. ;)
And I thougt it could be time for some technological progress and for all these OBGE/Godrays/ScreenEffect-things. (I even had the idea to by my first mobile phone but I buried this idea rather quickly. Is it possible to grow old in dignity and peace with a mobile phone? Naah, I doubt it and I will stick with all these OBGE-shaders, enough new stuff for me at the moment.)
ImageImage
ImageImage
Every technological progress needs some fresh, cold beer to be incorporated successfully, so I sent my char to Faregyl Village...
...but the entrance to the inn was blocked: :shock:
Okay, shit happens, but Vergayun and its famous inn is near:
Hmm, someone should report Arthmoor that his villages are attrackting big cats...But wait ... isn't there an excellent bakery in Shezries Woodland Village...?
Oh, well...
Finally, the Half Way Inn seems convenient:
Enough beer and enough inns with its drunken mischpoke. If you are searching a job for an misantropic character, take a look at this lonely watch tower near Brena River:
And don't forget this archaic staff torch, very stylish, one of these little WAC-details, which I realy like:
And now some more animals with hoofs. I don't know, why I permanently have to make these screenshots. Maybe it is obsession, fetish objects, a psychological disaster, but they are my favorite monsters.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Salimbene
Initiated Swordwielder
Initiated Swordwielder

My barbarian horde:

The barbarian skirt is rather short. Fortunately they live in Cyrodiil and not in the United States, no one can force Barbarians to wear panties. ;)

A disorientated roadrunner gave me the chance for some relaxed screenshots.

ImageImage
Maigrets
Admin

Those are some buff barbarians. :)

Are you really bashing that little Greenie? What did he ever do to you? :cheese:

ROFL...disorientated roadrunner. They would have to be at the speed they get around Tamriel. Nice shot! :)