Skyrim Youtube Videos

A place to discuss anything related to The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim. No spoilers here please.
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

That looks certainly quite impressive.
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster
Born in: 1969

I get the feeling that what this guy talks about, will hurt the game / game video world one way or the other in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 6-TOZat-wo
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin
Born in: 1954

Fessels wrote:I get the feeling that what this guy talks about, will hurt the game / game video world one way or the other in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... 6-TOZat-wo
lol, that's a co-incidence as I was watching his Morrowind Let's Play last night. I saw that video but planned to watch later.

This has been coming for awhile now and other changes at Youtube since Google+ got more heavily involved has affected some big, and small content providers.

I don't get it really. One would think the big companies like EA etc would welcome advertising and promotion of their games. And the part about Boss battle music....that's just ridiculous. That's big business for you. :-o
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
MasterAub
The Second
Born in: 1970

we're living in a silly world I tell you...
un ami qui cesse de l'être ne la jamais été
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Indeed.
Yeah there will always be people who are so * begin sarcasm * brilliant * end sarcasm * that they do not see how stupid they actually are.
Maigrets
Admin

I've been doing some reading and watching and the ludicrous thing about this is the actual game companies, Blizzard, Capcom, Deep Silver and others, are OK with Let's Plays etc because it advertises their product, even if it's a negative review. They have even come out with public notices to say so and Capcom are fighting it with Youtube.

The big problem comes in now where some unknown entity, and seemingly bogus in some cases, can claim anything and everything whether it's legitimate or not and threaten content creator's page. It's not only gamers now since Google\Youtube flicked the switch on this last week. I've seen where someone who created their own music, which belongs to them, has been claimed by some random site.

The stupid thing about it is it's an algorithm, a bot, doing this and Youtube are denying it's a problem. Thing is they have no competition so they can do whatever they like. Apparently, more changes are coming in January.

Personally, I watch a lot of game play videos for my own entertainment, BUT, I also watch actual gameplay footage of new games to see if I may want to buy it as I have to be discriminating these days and can't just buy anything that's released. I watched a bit of the new Assassin's Creed game and decided it's not for me, something I should have done with their previous game which I bought, admittedly at a sale price, because it was terrible. I loved the Resident Evil series since RE1, but watching some footage of RE6 decided for me that that wasn't going to be a purchase, and there are more games.

This is stupidity at it's best. :roll:
Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it. If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it sayingEnd Of The World Switch PLEASE DO NOT TOUCHthe paint wouldn't even have time to dry. Terry Pratchett
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Agreed, and i think it is because Google believes it can practically do what they want.
Maigrets
Admin

I'm so in love with Morrowind at the moment that this brings tears of joy to my eyes. I just can't imagine being in this version of the world but I can't wait to be there. I just hope I can run it, but I'll do it on the lowest settings if I have to.

This is different to the video I posted on the previous page.

Skywind Official Development video #1. This explains the massive amount of work already done and how they are doing it. New music, all NPC's voiced, all new models and textures and in the end, I think, by what I've read, won't actually require Morrowind to be installed at all.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Wow that is a immense undertaking, and i really hope that they will be able to finish it one day in the future.

I really enjoy Morrowind as well but at the moment i have lend my MW DVD to the son of a very close friend at the moment, his kid really wanted to play the game in order to see what it is that i like so much about the Elderscrolls games. :) I made my friend and his son write on paper that if they damage the Morrowind DVD or lose it, they will have to buy a new one no matter what before i finally lend MW to them. :twisted:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Wow that is a immense undertaking, and i really hope that they will be able to finish it one day in the future.
I got the video link from Gopher's Youtube page and people are saying it might be out this year. :happy: There are some Let's Play videos that show how far they are already and that's a long way. It can be downloaded but I'm going to wait.
I really enjoy Morrowind as well but at the moment i have lend my MW DVD to the son of a very close friend at the moment, his kid really wanted to play the game in order to see what it is that i like so much about the Elderscrolls games. :) I made my friend and his son write on paper that if they damage the Morrowind DVD or lose it, they will have to buy a new one no matter what before i finally lend MW to them. :twisted:
LOL...I would do that too... :deal: My discs are precious. I guess there's always the Steam version if anything happened to them, but I prefer it stand alone with no interference from other programs....for a change.
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Maigrets wrote:I got the video link from Gopher's Youtube page and people are saying it might be out this year. :happy: There are some Let's Play videos that show how far they are already and that's a long way. It can be downloaded but I'm going to wait.
Ohww that would be awesome if that is indeed the case. :woot:
Maigrets wrote:
LOL...I would do that too... :deal: My discs are precious. I guess there's always the Steam version if anything happened to them, but I prefer it stand alone with no interference from other programs....for a change.
Yeah i like it that i do not not steam for MW, but should something happen to the DVD, and they can only find the steam version then so be it. But normally those two are careful enough, it is just that they now have dogs and a cat...and animals play. :)
Maigrets
Admin

But normally those two are careful enough, it is just that they now have dogs and a cat...and animals play. :)
Hmmm, I've always had animals (both dogs and cats) and they never showed any interest in playing Morrowind..... :P

:grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

LoL yeah i grew up with all kinds of animals so that is nothing new to me, and my friend grew up with dogs so he knows a lot about them. :)

But he has a German Sheperd and a Labrador, both about a year old at the moment and they play very energetic. Now that on itself is perfectly normal for dogs, but add a cat to the mix who the dogs want to play with in the same manner as they do with each other. :grin:

I am only worried a small bit, me and him have been friends since i was 9 years and i know he keeps his word. :)
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Good god, how the heck could i have missed this. :grin:

COPS: Skyrim Season 3 - Episode 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwFFUtWnayk

There are already 5 episodes.
Maigrets
Admin

LOL, I watched them one after the other. I liked the one with all the skeevers.. :grin:
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Yeah the team behind that series have a good sense of humour. :)
Maigrets
Admin

OK...lol. I'm not going to make a new topic for this and it isn't a TES video, but it is Gopher. Some of his fans dared him to play this little "game" and I think someone actually gifted it to him.

I've seen the name of the game mentioned before but was never interested enough to look it up. Anyway, this is Gopher out of his comfort zone.... :-D-) It's only 10 minutes long.
GOAT SIMULATOR
Fessels
Swordmaster
Swordmaster

Lmao He went nuts over the game, and who can blame him it is indeed the weirdest game i have seen, but it was funny to watch none the less. :grin:
Maigrets
Admin

Fessels wrote:Lmao He went nuts over the game, and who can blame him it is indeed the weirdest game i have seen, but it was funny to watch none the less. :grin:
It always amazes me the things people will make into a game and there's always someone who will pay for it and play it.
Maigrets
Admin

It looks like Inigo's big update is going to be released in a couple of weeks. I might even play Skyrim again just to experience it..that is after I spend the time to find out which mod is causing me some issues with inventory and menu crashes that I never used to have.